Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eharan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Have had an Aerosmith LE for about a month and just recently I started having issues with the Toy Box. When playing the game for a while, the toy box lid coil overheats and then won't lift the lid, it shakes a few times and then stops trying to raise the lid. If I turn the game off and let it cool off, after a few hours it will start working again but only for about 30 minutes.

I also think that the lid is behaving differently which may be why it is overheating. When you qualify the toy box lock, the lid opens and stays open until you make it into the toy box which can take some time if you are not making the lock shot. Is this the way it is working for everyone's machine, I thought in the past, it would only open when you got the ball into the lock shot area as opposed to staying open once you qualify the shot.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ed

#3 6 years ago

Ok, just watched a gameplay video and looks like it is normal for the lid to stay open once you qualify a lock until the lock shot is made so that is not the issue.

Thanks
Ed

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-issue-gets-weak-and-wont-open
Hasn't happened to mine yet but there is some people that are having the same issue.

Thanks, I saw that post and contacted the OP but he has not had any luck with fixing his and don't think his was only happening when coil overheated.

#6 6 years ago

Yes, still a problem with coil overheating and then lid not able to lift. I will contact my distributor tomorrow and see if they can figure out the issue.

Thanks
Ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eharan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-lid-coil-overheating?tu=eharan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.