Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Have had an Aerosmith LE for about a month and just recently I started having issues with the Toy Box. When playing the game for a while, the toy box lid coil overheats and then won't lift the lid, it shakes a few times and then stops trying to raise the lid. If I turn the game off and let it cool off, after a few hours it will start working again but only for about 30 minutes.

I also think that the lid is behaving differently which may be why it is overheating. When you qualify the toy box lock, the lid opens and stays open until you make it into the toy box which can take some time if you are not making the lock shot. Is this the way it is working for everyone's machine, I thought in the past, it would only open when you got the ball into the lock shot area as opposed to staying open once you qualify the shot.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ed

#2 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-issue-gets-weak-and-wont-open

Hasn't happened to mine yet but there is some people that are having the same issue.

#3 6 years ago

Ok, just watched a gameplay video and looks like it is normal for the lid to stay open once you qualify a lock until the lock shot is made so that is not the issue.

Thanks
Ed

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-issue-gets-weak-and-wont-open
Hasn't happened to mine yet but there is some people that are having the same issue.

Thanks, I saw that post and contacted the OP but he has not had any luck with fixing his and don't think his was only happening when coil overheated.

#5 6 years ago

So do you think that you still have a problem?

#6 6 years ago

Yes, still a problem with coil overheating and then lid not able to lift. I will contact my distributor tomorrow and see if they can figure out the issue.

Thanks
Ed

#7 6 years ago

Hope you get resolution quickly......!

#8 6 years ago

OP - did you call Stern support? (708) 345-7700

That is the first place you should go to for an issue like this on a brand new game - not pinside IMO.

1 week later
#9 6 years ago

I played two different Aerosmiths at an expo recently and as I recall the lid would only open when a lock shot was throwing a ball in. If it is staying open I believe that is a malfunction.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

I played two different Aerosmiths at an expo recently and as I recall the lid would only open when a lock shot was throwing a ball in. If it is staying open I believe that is a malfunction.

I played one last night. The way I understand it to work properly is the toy box opens when you hit the target just below it. It then stays open (essentially letting you know lock is lit) until you lock as many balls as you can. Every time you hit the toy box target you add another ball you can lock (numbers below the toy box blink at the number of balls you can lock, but are solid for the balls that are locked). The machine I played held the toy box open whenever I was eligible to lock a ball.

#11 6 years ago

Okay, I was just not remembering how it worked then. Sorry.

10 months later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

Okay, I was just not remembering how it worked then. Sorry.

Did we ever find out if it’s suppose to stay open? Seems my toy box is staying open now when lock is lit. If lock is lit toy box stays open until it’s not lit. I’m 95% sure it never use to be like this. Seems like mentioned above the coil would overheat if it had to hold it open for that long. I’m hoping I’m wrong and just imagined it always closed. I seem to remember it opening when ball actually triggered lock switch and if not lit would throw ball and hit him in head. I did update code recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.75
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-lid-coil-overheating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.