(Topic ID: 185851)

Aerosmith toy box issue ? Gets weak and won't open ?

By Phatchit

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Happing to you”

• Yes 18 votes
    28%
  • No 24 votes
    38%
  • Don't give a sh*! 22 votes
    34%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phatchit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

What's up everyone ! My client received his Aerosmith pro last week and all of a sudden the toy box started getting weaker with the more games we played . He contacted stern and they sent a new coil . I installed the new coil ,checked for any bonding issues ,but during gameplay same thing ? The next thing was switching the node boards and it still is an issue . I'm going to look again for any binding issues when I go back out ,but I doubt I will find any . Has anyone else had anything like this happen yet ? Besides this issue I really enjoy the game and can't wait for some more time on it . I'm just asking for my own curiosity . Thanks guys/gals and have a good night .

#3 7 years ago

I will check the connectors just to make sure . It just seems strange that it happens after a few games . It does a thing where it will open twice then shut and stop trying . I do agree that it seems like a binding issue but it played great for about a week and the all of a sudden after about 20 games it just gets weaker and weaker . Anyway thanks LTG. I'll keep this thread updated when I find out.

#10 7 years ago

Sweet guys ! I appreciate the feedback . The coil is getting warm as well as I think it was q28 on the node board . It is also definitely something weird because it tries to open twice and then gives up . Even when a ball launches from the lock it stays closed . Now if I help it open it stays open . It seems that it's not giving it the umph it needs

1 month later
#14 6 years ago

Never did figure this one out ?? Replaced the coil , adjusted coil stop , switch node boards and it still has this issue . Anyone find a fix

#18 6 years ago

Unfortunately it happens no matter what. I agree that it seems there is no holding power . If I manually lift it while it's engaged it will stay open but the slightest bump and it falls . It almost seems like it's not sending the hold pulse.

#24 6 years ago

Yea what is confussing is that it does it no matter what . It does it right when we turn it on . It does two little pop opens and then just quits?

2 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

Ok there was no fix from what I did . I did however run into a friend of mine that has a pro and seems to think that it is happening because of the lifting arm that is attached to the box lid and is sliding and causing the lifting issue . He has placed a washer to tighten it up on the c clamp . We will see if this is the issue fix .

#40 6 years ago

I did all of these things . It is either a software issue or hopefully it's the arm issue

9 months later
#52 6 years ago

This issue was constant on my friends game . His distributor ended up replacing the entire thing . I know on my friends that is on location he added a washer to the lift arm to stop it from wiggling left to right . It seemed that the slight movement of the lift arm would not keep the box opened . See if this will help .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phatchit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-issue-gets-weak-and-wont-open?tu=phatchit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.