(Topic ID: 185851)

Aerosmith toy box issue ? Gets weak and won't open ?

By Phatchit

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Happing to you”

• Yes 18 votes
    28%
  • No 24 votes
    38%
  • Don't give a sh*! 22 votes
    34%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Phatchit

HUGE BUMPPPPPP

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ko9Jo4FJfR8VlfzV5P4Jg

I'm dealing with this issue as well. I didn't see this thread and have been posting in another Aerosmith thread as well as one that I started. So I've spoken with Stern tech support a few times as well as emailed with John Borg. They have sent me a Shaft Head (part no. 530-5511-01) and I installed the piece. As I was taking apart the mech I noticed there wasn't a spring that was in the diagram. John Borg himself emailed me saying that spring was deleted as it was not needed (part no. 266-5020-00).

The shaft head did not solve the issue. So I call Stern tech support again and they are now sending me that spring as well as an SD card with the latest software, which is currently installed on my game. They think the software on there now might be corrupt.

I purchased the game new in box from The Pinball Company out of Columbia, MO less than 30 days ago. I've been in constant communication with them as well as Stern to resolve the issue. At this point it is a paperweight in my game room.

#52 6 years ago

This issue was constant on my friends game . His distributor ended up replacing the entire thing . I know on my friends that is on location he added a washer to the lift arm to stop it from wiggling left to right . It seemed that the slight movement of the lift arm would not keep the box opened . See if this will help .

#53 6 years ago

I juts sent my distributor an email letting them know I would like my game replaced. It’s less than 30 days old in my home. Realistically the only true customer service approach to this would be replace the game and they can handle it from there with Stern.

EDIT: Got an email from Nic at The Pinball Company and he is willing to exchange the game for a different title so there's no way I can run into the same issue down the road. This has been a great company to do business with, I have nothing but great things to say about them thus far.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

The shaft head did not solve the issue. So I call Stern tech support again and they are now sending me that spring as well as an SD card with the latest software, which is currently installed on my game. They think the software on there now might be corrupt.

Surely you weren't talking to Chaz on this one...

#55 6 years ago

mine exhibits this exact same behavior only I usually have all 6 balls in the toy box so it skips the ball launching phase and does nothing until the ball search. The worst part is with a six ball toy box dump a large number of balls are lost immediately and the ball save has already timed out before you get a single ball in play

2 weeks later
#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

mine exhibits this exact same behavior only I usually have all 6 balls in the toy box so it skips the ball launching phase and does nothing until the ball search. The worst part is with a six ball toy box dump a large number of balls are lost immediately and the ball save has already timed out before you get a single ball in play

Yup, I was speaking with Chaz about the issue. Nothing they did fixed the problem. I ended up returning the game to Stern, Pinball Company issued me a credit towards a new game.

When I spoke with Stern over the phone they made it seem like they haven't ever heard of this issue before. After reading other threads it's been made obvious to myself that they knew exactly what I was talking about.

1 year later
#57 5 years ago

Did anyone ever solve this issue? Last night mine started doing the same thing after a few games. After qualifying the lock, the lid will open twice then slam shut and give up. Checked the hold coil its hot as hell. Exactly as Phatchit described. Not sure where to begin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.75
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-toy-box-issue-gets-weak-and-wont-open/page/2?hl=pinballology and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.