Aerosmith toy box issue ? Gets weak and won't open ?

(Topic ID: 185851)

Aerosmith toy box issue ? Gets weak and won't open ?

By Phatchit

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinballology
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Happing to you”

• Yes 18 votes
    29%
  • No 23 votes
    37%
  • Don't give a sh*! 22 votes
    35%

(63 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 months ago

phatchit

HUGE BUMPPPPPP

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ko9Jo4FJfR8VlfzV5P4Jg

I'm dealing with this issue as well. I didn't see this thread and have been posting in another Aerosmith thread as well as one that I started. So I've spoken with Stern tech support a few times as well as emailed with John Borg. They have sent me a Shaft Head (part no. 530-5511-01) and I installed the piece. As I was taking apart the mech I noticed there wasn't a spring that was in the diagram. John Borg himself emailed me saying that spring was deleted as it was not needed (part no. 266-5020-00).

The shaft head did not solve the issue. So I call Stern tech support again and they are now sending me that spring as well as an SD card with the latest software, which is currently installed on my game. They think the software on there now might be corrupt.

I purchased the game new in box from The Pinball Company out of Columbia, MO less than 30 days ago. I've been in constant communication with them as well as Stern to resolve the issue. At this point it is a paperweight in my game room.

#52 6 months ago

This issue was constant on my friends game . His distributor ended up replacing the entire thing . I know on my friends that is on location he added a washer to the lift arm to stop it from wiggling left to right . It seemed that the slight movement of the lift arm would not keep the box opened . See if this will help .

#53 6 months ago

I juts sent my distributor an email letting them know I would like my game replaced. It’s less than 30 days old in my home. Realistically the only true customer service approach to this would be replace the game and they can handle it from there with Stern.

EDIT: Got an email from Nic at The Pinball Company and he is willing to exchange the game for a different title so there's no way I can run into the same issue down the road. This has been a great company to do business with, I have nothing but great things to say about them thus far.

#54 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

The shaft head did not solve the issue. So I call Stern tech support again and they are now sending me that spring as well as an SD card with the latest software, which is currently installed on my game. They think the software on there now might be corrupt.

Surely you weren't talking to Chaz on this one...

#55 6 months ago

mine exhibits this exact same behavior only I usually have all 6 balls in the toy box so it skips the ball launching phase and does nothing until the ball search. The worst part is with a six ball toy box dump a large number of balls are lost immediately and the ball save has already timed out before you get a single ball in play

2 weeks later
#56 5 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

mine exhibits this exact same behavior only I usually have all 6 balls in the toy box so it skips the ball launching phase and does nothing until the ball search. The worst part is with a six ball toy box dump a large number of balls are lost immediately and the ball save has already timed out before you get a single ball in play

Yup, I was speaking with Chaz about the issue. Nothing they did fixed the problem. I ended up returning the game to Stern, Pinball Company issued me a credit towards a new game.

When I spoke with Stern over the phone they made it seem like they haven't ever heard of this issue before. After reading other threads it's been made obvious to myself that they knew exactly what I was talking about.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.95
Various Novelties
Nitro Pinball Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.35
Cabinet - Decals
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenville, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside