Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DugFreez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3182 (resized).JPG
Juggling J Thumb (resized).jpg
96DEFBA3-2961-4D41-A540-81C29B99CB58 (resized).jpeg
7831DCB9-EB31-4E18-95C5-A6B00DA860AD (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Just installed a speaker light kit and the Jackie acrylic. He doesn't show up well, without taking the assembly apart which direction is it installed? Mirror side out or facing in?

#2 2 years ago

I put the acrylics on the outside without foam. See pics.

7831DCB9-EB31-4E18-95C5-A6B00DA860AD (resized).jpeg

96DEFBA3-2961-4D41-A540-81C29B99CB58 (resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago

How did you attach the acrylic?

#4 2 years ago

Thanks so much for the reply and pics. It was VERY Helpful.

#5 2 years ago

Bump

#6 2 years ago

I didn't anticipate these "Juggling Jester" acrylic designs to cause so much confusion.

In this case...much of the confusion was probably caused from the buyer not seeing the included bag of mounting hardware, which also included the 2 mirrored "juggling balls" that were designed to mount above the main design's heads.

There is a picture of the design on my website with the extra, detached balls above them....but this seems to get overlooked and a couple of buyers have thought the detached juggling balls were spacers (and I had forgot to include 2 more of them).

Mounting these seems pretty straight forward to me: Get a screw (included) and put it through the front of the mounting hole in the design...add an acrylic spacer (included) to the back of it if you would like. Then it goes through the mounting surface and you add a low profile nylon insert lock nut (included) to the back of the screw to hold everything together.

There is no secret or mystery to mounting the new frame-less designs, but it isn't as simple as dropping a frame in place like the older framed designs. There is quite a bit of work to get the designs placed and centered as you would like and also other factors to consider when deciding on if you want to use the foam behind the mount or not. Having a person help to hold things when mounting is also a big help. Also make sure you use a suitable size Phillips head screwdriver for the mounting screws.

There is NO REASON to tighten the hardware on these until you hear cracking and popping. All they need is to to be snugged down so they are held in place and aren't rattling. Any designs with cracks / breaks / stress marks around the mounting points WILL NOT be eligible for refunds or exchanges. If a person needs a replacement, feel free to contact me and I can arrange to get a single replacement at the buyers expense. I have attached and detached many, many, many of these designs and only made a few stress marks early on when I didn't realize that could happen. Even then, they were not noticeable unless closely scrutinized. After that I realized there was no need for any tightening past the point of everything being help together and in place. The nylon insert nuts are used so there should not be an issue with vibration causing any loosening as may have been the case with standard nuts.

If a buyer chooses to use an alternate mounting method or different mounting hardware...that is their decision. That being said, everything is included that is needed to mount these and have them looking their best. Other mounting info and tips can be found on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Design-Mounting-Tips.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Juggling J Thumb (resized).jpg
IMG_3182 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside