Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wtatumjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Played AS at Stern today during a visit to see Borg (played both the Pro and LE).

Holy damn, that's a fun to play, good-looking pin.

The LCD looks great, though I found myself blowing some shots because I kept looking up to see what was going on.

Artwork on the playfield and translite is very cool, with a definite 70's vibe.

Shots were smooth and satisfying. As always, Borg has ramps that are fun to shoot without feeling repetitive. I thought I wouldn't enjoy 'Jacky' but found the concept cool and the shots to open the box and to get a ball flung into it enjoyable.

On the LE, I never got the ball to the upper playfield, so I can't comment on it (other than to say it didn't seem obtrusive like in GoT). My oldest son did get the ball to the upper playfield and said it was a fun addition to the game.

I like the song choices. As always, there can be debate on what favorite song might be missing, but at least I didn't have to hear "I don't want to miss a thing" during play.

Rules seemed well along at this point, but that's coming from someone who tends to not obsess over code.

Now, would I buy it? Yes...if I didn't already have a music-skewed collection (and a wife that isn't a huge AS fan). Just don't want 3 outta 4 of my pins to be band/music themed. Maybe when I get a bigger collection.

Definitely give it a chance though. Pins like GB, GoT, and others have better themes, but they definitely don't have as satisfying of shots as AS.

1 week later
#2 2 years ago

What I really like about AS is is not so chock full of stuff. With GB you can't see the upper playfield especially the PKE lanes.
AS has a good clean upper playfield - sometimes less is better. I had considered buying a Nellie before AS came out because of it's clean old school design but honestly I like the video screen on AS a lot - it seems to be sized perfectly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,600 (Firm)
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside