• PRO 56 votes
    62%
  • PREMIUM 35 votes
    38%

(91 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

875-pro-vs-LE (resized).jpg
Aerosmith Features Matrix.pdf (PDF preview)
15 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

It is so new I am having hard time finding the differences. Can anybody elaborate?
I would love to only buy Pro is Premium worth extra $$$?

15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing both at TPF tomorrow. From what I have seen it looks like the pro is the better shooting game but the premium has better scoring strategy. This one is going to be hard to justify the extra 2K for a premium unless I'm just really missing something.

#3 7 years ago

Does the Premium or LE come with a shaker motor ?

#4 7 years ago

I went with the Pro. With the exception of GB Premium. Most of Stern's Premium offerings just haven't done it for me.

I like the flow that Aerosmith Pro has.

#5 7 years ago

This, like Metallica or Star Trek, is an instance where Stern gives the pro owners pretty much the complete experience. Yeah, there are some things "missing" from the pro that are in the premium, but it's not dramatically different.

#6 7 years ago

I like the premium more because I feel like there is more strategy in it with the mini playfield. I also really like that you can shoot the elevator on the mini playfield so it can roll into the toy box lock and lock a ball.

#7 7 years ago

The Premium has just as much flow as the Pro on AS - the right ramp just loops around the upper playfield without stopping or getting slowed at all. The premium also has controlled multi-color GI (even though it's missing on the` data sheet).

#8 7 years ago

Just buy the pro now, and if you want to upgrade to Prem sell your pro. You'll have time.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Premium has just as much flow as the Pro on AS - the right ramp just loops around the upper playfield without stopping or getting slowed at all. The premium also has controlled multi-color GI (even though it's missing on the` data sheet).

I thought I could make out blue and red GI lamps in the flyer! I really love the effect in Met Prem. Does it look to you like like AS has the illuminated art panels in the apron like Met and other premiums? I can't decide if it's just my imagination.

#10 7 years ago

Looks like the premium is just an upper playfield like GOT, stick with Pro. It's a fun game!

#11 7 years ago

Both are awesome but I like the Pro best.

#12 7 years ago

The light show on the pro is kick ass too...havent played one with a shaker yet.

#13 7 years ago

You should check out the twitch.com/deadflip Aerosmith Premium stream. You can really see the color changing GI on it.

#14 7 years ago

Aerosmith Features Matrix.pdfAerosmith Features Matrix.pdf

#15 7 years ago

Great!! Thanks guys!!!
going to go with pro in this case.
good feedback.

#16 7 years ago

Pro is the way to go you'll love it

#17 7 years ago

... it's actually a no-brainer!

875-pro-vs-LE (resized).jpg875-pro-vs-LE (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

After playing both if I was going to buy one it would be the premium. Probably not worth the extra cost but the upper playfield adds some strategy to the game and a much needed extra toy. Both games are fun but both also have shoot the yellow light, or blue light modes that tell zero story or really implement at all with the songs. The light show is great but this game is really empty. Not enough there for me to buy it and I don't want any more red light, yellow light, blue light, modes.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

After playing both if I was going to buy one it would be the premium. Probably not worth the extra cost but the upper playfield adds some strategy to the game and a much needed extra toy. Both games are fun but both also have shoot the yellow light, or blue light modes that tell zero story or really implement at all with the songs. The light show is great but this game is really empty. Not enough there for me to buy it and I don't want any more red light, yellow light, blue light, modes.

Put more play time in on it you must not be playing the same game I've been playing for the last several weeks because I have over a 100 plays on it and the rules and everything kick ass and I have the pro and just sold a AC/DC premium to get and have no regrets a much better game I would urge you to put more playtime on it, because the rules on it kick ass with such features as timed ball locks during mball to start double and triple scoring during mball. Crank it up and also ads the super shots then; also the super modes and the shot multipliers ohh there's missles and coins and combos. Really some of the best code in awhile and each mode is very differnt and the mballs kick ass

#20 7 years ago

While I do like the Aerosmith pro, I don't think I'm ready to put it ahead of AC/DC. AC/DC just has much better depth of code at this point. I like the fact that AC/DC and Metallica have more music included in the game which in both games integrates into the game play very well.

I like Aerosmith music a good bit and hearing the same songs a million times is going to get repetitive. Just having 3-4 more songs would have really minimized this potential issue.

I agree with a previous post saying toys are a bit sparse, other than the toy box there really isn't a lot going on.

Where aerosmith shines for me at the moment is the art is fantastic, the animations are cool, sound quality much improved and the game seems to play smoothly.

Would I buy one? Probably

Am I ready to declare it the best music pin ever created? Not at this time

#21 7 years ago

Have the premiums or LE's started shipping? I'm waiting on more reviews from premium owners before making a decision.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

While I do like the Aerosmith pro, I don't think I'm ready to put it ahead of AC/DC. AC/DC just has much better depth of code at this point. I like the fact that AC/DC and Metallica have more music included in the game which in both games integrates into the game play very well.
I like Aerosmith music a good bit and hearing the same songs a million times is going to get repetitive. Just having 3-4 more songs would have really minimized this potential issue.
I agree with a previous post saying toys are a bit sparse, other than the toy box there really isn't a lot going on.
Where aerosmith shines for me at the moment is the art is fantastic, the animations are cool, sound quality much improved and the game seems to play smoothly.
Would I buy one? Probably
Am I ready to declare it the best music pin ever created? Not at this time

AC/DC is just very limited in shots and gameplay in my mind Aerosmith has better shots and more stuff to do

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

AC/DC is just very limited in shots and gameplay in my mind Aerosmith has better shots and more stuff to do

If we are talking a AC/DC pro vs aero pro the AC/DC has more target banks that are tied to specific songs, the bell, the jukebox, the cannon and a ton more music included. (Easy to add the premium train here as well)

If you talk premiums you get the train and a much better mini play field.

I'm not saying I don't like aero and am planning on buying one, I just hope they can at least evolve the code a bit to include another song or two for the wizard modes.

#24 7 years ago

How many songs are currently included?

#25 7 years ago

9 songs in the game

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I dunno man, I'll bite I guess. I like AS, but it has a long way to go to compare to AC/DC.

The loops/targets/song progressive cannon JPs alone put AC/DC over the top of AS. Not to mention 3 achievable multiballs that can stack with each other. Multiball super JP that are over the top Wild compared to standard cookie cutter super jackpots. And a VIP pass that is well integrated. A wizard mode that could perhaps be the best wizard mode of all time. AC/DC has much more going on.

Only thing AS might have over AC/DC is it has an LCD with cool animations. But even then, color dmd and the way Lyman integrated instructions and fonts to AC/DC make that even better.

But AS is still cool. It's just a bunch of rehash cookie cutter stuff that finally came together in one package.

#27 7 years ago

I'm far more tempted to consider an AS than I expected. I love the looks, sound, and toy box. However, with star wars coming, I will force myself to hold off until I see SW first. With limited space and money these decisions get tougher each time. AS looks really great though.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Put more play time in on it you must not be playing the same game I've been playing for the last several weeks because I have over a 100 plays on it and the rules and everything kick ass and I have the pro and just sold a AC/DC premium to get and have no regrets a much better game I would urge you to put more playtime on it, because the rules on it kick ass with such features as timed ball locks during mball to start double and triple scoring during mball. Crank it up and also ads the super shots then; also the super modes and the shot multipliers ohh there's missles and coins and combos. Really some of the best code in awhile and each mode is very differnt and the mballs kick ass

It's a fun game and I'm glad you love yours. I've seen enough to know it's not for me in its current state though. It's not even close to ac/DC for me.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's a fun game and I'm glad you love yours. I've seen enough to know it's not for me in its current state though. It's not even close to ac/DC for me.

Yeah we all can't like the same things AC/DC is a great game and I do like it too, but just like the shots and music better on Aerosmith both great games though

#30 7 years ago

It seems Stern does well with band themed pins- Metallica, Aerosmith, and AC/DC. I expect we'll see more - these are great times for music/pinheads.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm far more tempted to consider an AS than I expected. I love the looks, sound, and toy box. However, with star wars coming, I will force myself to hold off until I see SW first. With limited space and money these decisions get tougher each time. AS looks really great though.

LOL I kinda am feeling same thing. wait for star wars. Limited space. only have room and $ for 3 pins.
aerosmith is way tempting tho. question is how long is the wait to see or get a SW? If its a year or more might get
Aerosmith.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from orb:

question is how long is the wait to see or get a SW?

There's no way to tell really

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There's no way to tell really

Thought I heard reveal was May/June

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

However, with star wars coming, I will force myself to hold off until I see SW first.

Quoted from orb:

LOL I kinda am feeling same thing. wait for star wars.

If one likes a pin available now, why not get it and wait for SW down-the-line... unless you want an LE?... and if an LE is the case, better have a deposit down already (supposedly). I'm just suggesting one strongly consider buying the pin you want that is available "now", play it and enjoy it. Wait for Stern to release SW and then produce the pin for a year. Pros and Premiums will be made for multiple years and with no limited amount. Then you will get a pin with all the refinements/fixes from the early release, better coding, and a better understanding of it overall (win,win,win). You can even wait another year and Stern will still be producing them.

I'd rather get and play a pin for a year or two, then sell it and get my next one under the most optimal circumstances. And SW (or whatever) will still be new to me if I did that. Even if I end up losing a $1k it's worth it to me to play a game for a year or two that I like and wanted.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Put more play time in on it you must not be playing the same game I've been playing for the last several weeks because I have over a 100 plays on it and the rules and everything kick ass and I have the pro and just sold a AC/DC premium to get and have no regrets a much better game I would urge you to put more playtime on it

Someone has been missing the "pass" part of "puff, puff pass" lol

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So you're saying the AS Pro is better than AC/DC Premium? Wooo weee.......that's a pretty bold statement there, but I hope you are right!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

If one likes a pin available now, why not get it and wait for SW down-the-line... unless you want an LE?... and if an LE is the case, better have a deposit down already (supposedly). I'm just suggesting one strongly consider buying the pin you want that is available "now", play it and enjoy it. Wait for Stern to release SW and then produce the pin for a year. Pros and Premiums will be made for multiple years and with no limited amount. Then you will get a pin with all the refinements/fixes from the early release, better coding, and a better understanding of it overall (win,win,win). You can even wait another year and Stern will still be producing them.
I'd rather get and play a pin for a year or two, then sell it and get my next one under the most optimal circumstances. And SW (or whatever) will still be new to me if I did that. Even if I end up losing a $1k it's worth it to me to play a game for a year or two that I like and wanted.

Yup i hear that. just a bummer to lose 500-800 bucks on a new pin in a year. To play then get next new.
but it is a small fee to have. if u play for a year and lose 700 thats 60 a month to play and have it. not the end of world.
im just wondering if?

Quoted from hoby1:

Thought I heard reveal was May/June

If that is true the its only few months til SW.

#38 7 years ago

I played AS a lot over the weekend in TX. I really like it a lot and yea I would get one.

To answer your question I would sum it up asking which is better? The Premium because the upper playfield is fun. Then ask is it worth the extra money? The answer would be I dont think so from me.

#39 6 years ago

I'm looking to purchase Aerosmith this week. It's between the pro and LE. Looking for more feedback from owners. Thanks

#40 6 years ago

I switched to the pro - didn't see the extra money in the premium in this case. 'Never played the premium but in the video
it looked like a really small, tight mini-playfield. Personally I don't care for mini-playfields - they take up good space unless done like Haunted House or AC/DC. Most times I go for Premiums though, as in GB. AS is a good machine - you can't do wrong no matter which you choose.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I'm looking to purchase Aerosmith this week. It's between the pro and LE. Looking for more feedback from owners. Thanks

If the extra big cost is a value vs. "what you get" concern, then go with the Pro. If that is not as important as having something else to shot at/for, go with the Prem. I'm still on the fence too. I'm leaning toward Prem currently as that played well at the Ohio show. First time playing about 10 or so games on it ... only got up there a few times a game. The upper playfield has zero excitement, but ... it is something additional to shoot at on a game that doesn't have many main targets. The toy box is the key feature of interest. The game is fun either way.

#42 6 years ago

I would disagree with some people's evaluation of the game targets wise I have the pro and there are a ton of shots on this game and they all kick ass.
2 killer orbits
2 ramps that can flow when you get them going
The lower scoop shot is hard to hit
Lock shot
Jester shot
Elevator shot
2 VIP targets and then
The Aerosmith targets which there is 9 of them.
So the pro has plenty of shots to keep shooting for.
The pro is the best bang for your buck and your not missing any rules either

#43 6 years ago

Anyone want to share AS Pro pricing shipped. Maybe $5100? It seems the retail goes up every machine, so just want to make sure. Thanks

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Anyone want to share AS Pro pricing shipped. Maybe $5100? It seems the retail goes up every machine, so just want to make sure. Thanks

I would just call around or contact a friend who buys NIB and get their input. Posting non Stern minimum prices can get Distributors penalized, so I would not ask folks who may not know this.

#45 6 years ago

Played a AS pro on location last night.
I thought it rocked and didn't feel like anything was missing. Don't know for sure what the skill shot is. And I did get 2x started but don't know how. Had a great game. In my opinion I am thinking of getting a pro. But would have to change the apron to a steel one. Had a ball hang on the left of the plastic one and loose my ball save.
Modes do differ in shots. I like. Stern ST seemed any shot you hit progressed the mode. I don't care for that game much.
Ball times were pretty reasonable. Not super long likes DI or aliens.
FortyTwo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pro-vs-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.