2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PBMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello,

Looking for help on an issue with Toy Box. Inside Tray keeps going up and down never stopping. Also Trunk lid opens and closes. This goes on while in attract mode. Also Trunk not working properly during game play.

Here is what I have done so far.

1. Running newest code
    2. Checked all switches related to Tow Box in switch test and all are working. Also all optos are triggering
    3. Checked to make sure Trunk arm is hitting and triggering all switches as it is rotating
    4. Checked, cleaned and adjusted opts when you hit trunk with ball
    5. Checked, cleaned and adjusted the opto board inside truck.

I cant think of anything else to check. Greatly appreciate advice if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

Lock shot switch working properly?

#3 2 years ago

Your pin "thinks" it has a ball in the tray therefore keeps trying to dump it out would be my guess. Recheck the box opto.

#4 2 years ago

Checked Lock Switch. It is working fine. Going to check box optos. If that doesn’t work I may just buy a whole new set of optos.

#5 2 years ago

Opto must send and receive. Opto sender is ultra Violet and cannot be seen by eye but your phone set to camera will pick it up . Sender is usually the white one or the one with more than 2 wires but not always. Sender usually goes bad much more common than receiver though receiver some times gets a piece of trash in the hole giving a "ball on" signal.

#6 2 years ago

Definitely something wrong with your toybox opto’s or a bad contact with them as I had on my game too

#7 2 years ago

Had a similar issue. There is a small connector on the board to the right of the toy box that was loose. This is the board for the optos. Made intermittent contact for a while then failed producing similar symptoms even though the box thought the optos were working fine. Reseated the connector and resolved. Might be worth a look. You can access the boards both left and right from the top by removing the plate around the box top.

#8 2 years ago

Thanks. I’m going to pull both opto boards tonight and check those connectors before I buy 2 new ones. I may try to find those cables as well to replace.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pro-toy-box-problem?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.