(Topic ID: 188778)

Aerosmith Premium or Ghostbusters Premium?

By pindude80

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“which one would you choose?”

• aerosmith premium 76 votes
    50%
  • ghostbusters premium 75 votes
    50%

(151 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

Players choose AS. Theme junkies choose GB. It's ok to be either, but that's how it falls.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters won me over with it's magna slings, subway ramp with ball lock, Ecto Goggles, moving Slimer, the molded buildings with lighting, amazing audio package, custom callouts by Ernie Hudson, excellent artwork, double scoop shots, two captive balls (one with a unique twist), video modes, and deep rules.

All true.

No gameplay mentioned in there. That's the problem.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes there is, you only copied one section of my reply...

Well, here's the rest of the post. Which bit is the GB gameplay? The unique shots and unique toys? Again, they are just things, not gameplay.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. AS is a great game, very fast, has a nice artwork, great main toy, etc. However, any game can be made fast with 2 orbits and 2 ramps that return to the flippers. It's been done many many times. I think AS uses the fan layout the best out of Stern's latest music games due to the great toy box mech. Between ACDC, MET, KISS and AS I think AS plays the best due to the toy box toy and it's objective based ruleset.
When I look at Ghostbusters I think of WOZ and TZ, game designs that took a chance on a unique layout and have unique shots and unique toys. I still may end up with an AS in my collection one day but for now

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When I compared it to WOZ and TZ due to its unique shots and unique layout. Both of those items deal with game play and the comparison to WOZ and TZ is intended as a compliment (fun loaded games with unique shots and deep code).

Yes, cool, they do have to do with operating the game, but my point is that "a" shot, or "a" rule, or deep combination thereof are not the point. "Gameplay" is the progression through the game. "Playing" GB is, for many, not a satisfying or enjoyable experience. I have yet to talk to a single real person face to face at a pinball league or arcade in general, that plays a lot of pinball, who finds the game satisfying to play. Doesn't mean those people don't exist, life is a bell curve, but when you sum it up I stand by my comment that, generally, players prefer AS and theme-centric participants prefer GB.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's cool that Ghostbusters offers a different playing experience then most modern games, a little variety never hurts.

True.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.50
Sale Pending!
Cinnaminson, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside