(Topic ID: 188778)

Aerosmith Premium or Ghostbusters Premium?

By pindude80

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“which one would you choose?”

• aerosmith premium 77 votes
    51%
  • ghostbusters premium 75 votes
    49%

(152 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Anyone else see this acronym as...um...something dirty?

Just me?

Anyway...Aero wins. It actually plays like a real pinball machine....and if you don't like that opinion, you can GBLE my ASLE!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd make the trade for AS Premium in a heartbeat, but someone STILL has to show me some flow on the premium right ramp to see it's possible.

It flows thru from ramp shots. I think the only way it gets into upper pf play is from the elevator. It's a good design that lets the ramp be a ramp.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. AS is a great game, very fast, has a nice artwork, great main toy, etc. However, any game can be made fast with 2 orbits and 2 ramps that return to the flippers. It's been done many many times. I think AS uses the fan layout the best out of Stern's latest music games due to the great toy box mech. Between ACDC, MET, KISS and AS I think AS plays the best due to the toy box toy and it's objective based ruleset.
When I look at Ghostbusters I think of WOZ and TZ, game designs that took a chance on a unique layout and have unique shots and unique toys. I still may end up with an AS in my collection one day but for now Ghostbusters won me over with it's magna slings, subway ramp with ball lock, Ecto Goggles, moving Slimer, the molded buildings with lighting, amazing audio package, custom callouts by Ernie Hudson, excellent artwork, double scoop shots, two captive balls (one with a unique twist), video modes, and deep rules.

Oh FFS...you've rewritten your WOZ novel into a GB novel...and people say I'm repetitive w/ GB lol...

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You really can't stand anyone saying anything good about Ghostbusters can you? lol

The art is great.

That's it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think game play is really good.... Its just not your typical layout. As for all the whiners complaining about flipper gap. Christ add the cheater post if that floats you boat .

Plenty of games have atypical layouts. Atypical doesn't automatically = plays well. The "bad design correction post" doesn't solve the wonky gameplay....just helps it to last longer, nor does it address the linear rules issue.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Look at games like hobbit. Great rules set and total shit game play. That's a fact !!!

Alternative fact. I play it all the time and it's an absolute joy. So glad my GB refund went toward it!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You should be able to afford one.
NIB Smaug LE 9000
Used Smaug LE 7200
NIB GBLE 7500
Used GBLE 8500
I can see you made the right choice and its consensus with the rest of pinside.

$9000? Smaug was $7500 new.

So I should have gone with the Pinside groupthink? Nah. In a few years you guys will have the same realization I had with TF and Xmen - great theme and/or art can't save a shit game. Hobbit will be the next LOTR. Once it's out of production Pinside will be begging Jack for a "Vault Edition" lol

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - that's NOT what happened to LOTR. The majority of people liked LOTR right out of the gate.
Also - you thought TF had great art??? TF and X-Men aren't shit games, they're just not A games.
You should just give up your anti-GB campaigning - don't you think you've repeated the same comments enough by now?

1.). LOTR came out when arcades were still buying tons of pins. Anyone could play an LOTR anywhere and form an opinion. Most are forming Hobbit opinions based on other people's opinions or videos - not from playing it. There aren't a lot of them out there to try.

2.) Plenty of people complained about LOTR's layout, calling it clunky and cheap feeling. Not to mention the art and cab printing quality. The excellent theme integration and code won the anti-Stern types over.

3.). I've never said TF had good art. I said theme and/or art. I love the TF theme. The art is terrible.

4.). I'm hardly the only one who hates GB. Please take it up with the many other Pinsiders who have similar opinions if it bothers you so much.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When I compared it to WOZ and TZ due to its unique shots and unique layout. Both of those items deal with game play and the comparison to WOZ and TZ is intended as a compliment (fun loaded games with unique shots and deep code).

GB code isn't deep. It's linear and repetitive...combined with the cheap drains it's unlikely you'll ever see the later modes...unlike a real deep game that has lots of interesting ways to progress through the story. Frustrating + linear does not = deep.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no convincing you as you are the biggest GB hater on Pinside, lol. With that being said I'm surprised to hear you say that considering that The Hobbit, which you and I both own, has 3 wizard modes which require the player to complete the same 4 objectives each time. That's repetitive as well, same goes for Feast Frenzy and Beast Frenzy which are not really fun in my opinion (hoping code changes that). Qualifying for the second and third Arkenstone modes is one of the most reptiive tasks I've seen in pinball. Main draw for me with TH is the book modes and finally getting to actually play the Arkenstone modes.
All pinball machines are repetitive. In almost every single game of The Hobbit we start Beast Frenzy and Feast Frenzy, almost every damn time, lol. Also, for every time a GB player hears "Who brought the dog" the Hobbit player is hearing "He says we'll blunt the knives"...

I'm the hater? You've been going on and on about Stern's QC for a year (not that I disagree). I find it odd that you bit and took the risk, knowing what you know. Anyway, Ok, man...get back to me after a month with GB. You'll see it's a vastly different experience than the non-linear nature of Hobbit. Yes - you have to do 4 things to get an arkenstone....but you can do them in any order or not at all - there are so many things to do...and you can start book modes in any order. Anyway - you'll see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-premium-or-ghostbusters-premium?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.