(Topic ID: 188778)

Aerosmith Premium or Ghostbusters Premium?

By pindude80

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“which one would you choose?”

• aerosmith premium 77 votes
    51%
  • ghostbusters premium 75 votes
    49%

(152 votes)

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I currently have a GB premium, it's a pretty fun game and I like it, but I might have a shot of swapping it out for an Aerosmith premium. I am on the fence if I would want to do the trade or not. I've had a lot of fun with GB, but I still enjoy playing it when I get around to it; the newness has definitely worn off for me, but that doesn't last forever on any game.

I like Aerosmith's music, I like the fact that I would be going from a dmd game to a lcd game, but one thing I am worried about is the voice of the jester or whatever he is referred to as because I have Metallica and from the first video I saw of AS I thought how close the jester in AS sounds to Sparky in Metallica. Metallica won't be going anywhere anytime soon, especially since I just added spinners and am putting in a color dmd

Those of you that have played both GB and AS which one would you go for? It seems like AS has a great reputation, but then again a lot of people like GB also............... hmmm what to do

#2 6 years ago

I vote Aerosmith fun game cool toys like the toy box. But Ghostbusters is still a fun game as well.

#3 6 years ago

I own ASLE and Met Pro. Loved Metallica, loving Aerosmith. Wanting to get GB prem, but cant see it getting as much love.

#4 6 years ago

I own a GB Premium and have played Areosmith a few times. It's fun, but can't see myself giving up GB for it.

#5 6 years ago

I had a GB premium. Sold it quite a while ago, actually only after owning it for 30 days or so. Loved the looks of the machine but never really enjoyed playing it. The money from the GB sale sat in the pinball fund for a long while. Then I played Aerosmith premium at the Ohio show. Bought an Aerosmith Le that day from Mr. Trent!! And still loving it.

I also have a Metallica premium and still love and play that game as well. The sparky vs jester they are cousins in my mind!!

#6 6 years ago

Keep the GB Premium. You will tire of the AS in a short period of time.

#7 6 years ago

I went back and forth about both games, well AS Pro or a GB Premium, so many times that I made a list of pros and cons for each title and then compared them, lol.

Ultimately, through hours or scientific research I decided upon Ghostbusters Premium :p.

For me it came down to features, audio and rules. Features wise I think GB offers more unique toys then either AS model although the toy box is one hell of an awesome main toy.

Audio I choose GB as there are a lot of unique tracks recorded for the game and each mode has a unique track. Also, I prefer the custom callouts on GB by Ernie Hudson compared to those on AS. The AS Jester callouts seem very close to the Sparky callouts in Metallica but not as good. Overall GB has one of the best audio offerings in a pin.

Rules I choose Ghostbusters as I prefer objective based rulsets. Aerosmith has an objective based ruleset as well which I like but I gave GB the edge due to having 2 more main modes, 2 video modes and potentially a 3rd wizard mode (Are you a God) if it ever gets coded.

Display. Aerosmith as it's using a full color HD display. In the end the items above outweighed having an LCD in the game for me.

Can't go wrong with either game. I would be happy with either one.

#8 6 years ago

Since you already have GB I would swap it with Aerosmith. Enjoy it for a few and then swap it for Star Wars...and keep going

#9 6 years ago

The poll is pretty close with the slight edge going to AS. I am also leaning slightly towards AS. I know I will miss GB, but my buddy has one and so do a few other local people so I would still get to play one occasionally, which hell, I only play the one in my house occasionally at this point. lol

#10 6 years ago

Anyone else see this acronym as...um...something dirty?

Just me?

Anyway...Aero wins. It actually plays like a real pinball machine....and if you don't like that opinion, you can GBLE my ASLE!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone else see this acronym as...um...something dirty?
Just me?
Anyway...Aero wins. It actually plays like a real pinball machine....and if you don't like that opinion, you can GBLE my ASLE!

I'd make the trade for AS Premium in a heartbeat, but someone STILL has to show me some flow on the premium right ramp to see it's possible.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd make the trade for AS Premium in a heartbeat, but someone STILL has to show me some flow on the premium right ramp to see it's possible.

GB right ramp or ASLE?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It flows thru from ramp shots. I think the only way it gets into upper pf play is from the elevator. It's a good design that lets the ramp be a ramp.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

The poll is pretty close with the slight edge going to AS. I am also leaning slightly towards AS. I know I will miss GB, but my buddy has one and so do a few other local people so I would still get to play one occasionally, which hell, I only play the one in my house occasionally at this point. lol

Better check that poll again.

#15 6 years ago

I have both. I recommend you do the same

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Better check that poll again.

GB ahead by 3!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I have both. I recommend you do the same

I like your thinking, but am buying a Dialed In and can't do both AS and GB this year.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I like your thinking, but am buying a Dialed In and can't do both AS and GB this year.

Ditch Dialed In. Problem solved!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Good move. I suggest everyone have at least one JJP product in their line up.

#20 6 years ago

Players choose AS. Theme junkies choose GB. It's ok to be either, but that's how it falls.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

GB right ramp or ASLE?

Holy crap I was thinking AS Prem but you're right. Could be both!

#22 6 years ago

I am in the same conundrum, own GB premium (and love it) but family doesn't dig it because of the difficulty. Aerosmith is high on the list of replacements.

#23 6 years ago

It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of Aerosmith .... just follow your gut... it usually is rarely wrong

#24 6 years ago

I owned GB Premium and currently own AS pro. I actually prefer AS pro to GB premium. GB isn't bad, but AS is more enjoyable.

#25 6 years ago

looking at your collection I can't see how you would get rid of GB before at least 8 of your other games. I'd keep both AS and GB and get rid of something else.

#26 6 years ago

Depends on if you want the same old same old..... If you do buy a AS, if not its GB by a mile.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Ditch Dialed In. Problem solved!

That's definitely not going to happen!
I am much more excited about DI than GB or AS

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

looking at your collection I can't see how you would get rid of GB before at least 8 of your other games. I'd keep both AS and GB and get rid of something else.

Because GB value is still very high. Can't sell TFTC to fund an Aerosmith

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

That's definitely not going to happen!
I am much more excited about DI than GB or AS

You've got issues!

#30 6 years ago

I played dailed in at expo.... and I do appreciate it... but do not see it's value... I am guessing that cause I am not a deep player and this is a deep player game

#31 6 years ago

I own a GB Premium and a AS Pro. They are both great games that will never leave my collection, but if one of them had to go it would be AS without question. GB Premium is one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made.

#32 6 years ago

Aerosmith is such a better shooter then ghostbusters and very less linear in the code also so I'd say Aerosmith all the way; not even close and it even wins artwork wise also

#33 6 years ago

Ghostbusters might be the better game due to theme integration.

Buy Aerosmith is more fun to play.

#34 6 years ago

AS plays like ever other recent title out there. GB is far more imaginative and defiantly the better looking game.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

AS plays like ever other recent title out there. GB is far more imaginative and defiantly the better looking game.

Agree. AS is a great game, very fast, has a nice artwork, great main toy, etc. However, any game can be made fast with 2 orbits and 2 ramps that return to the flippers. It's been done many many times. I think AS uses the fan layout the best out of Stern's latest music games due to the great toy box mech. Between ACDC, MET, KISS and AS I think AS plays the best due to the toy box toy and it's objective based ruleset.

When I look at Ghostbusters I think of WOZ and TZ, game designs that took a chance on a unique layout and have unique shots and unique toys. I still may end up with an AS in my collection one day but for now Ghostbusters won me over with it's magna slings, subway ramp with ball lock, Ecto Goggles, moving Slimer, the molded buildings with lighting, amazing audio package, custom callouts by Ernie Hudson, excellent artwork, double scoop shots, two captive balls (one with a unique twist), video modes, and deep rules.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. AS is a great game, very fast, has a nice artwork, great main toy, etc. However, any game can be made fast with 2 orbits and 2 ramps that return to the flippers. It's been done many many times. I think AS uses the fan layout the best out of Stern's latest music games due to the great toy box mech. Between ACDC, MET, KISS and AS I think AS plays the best due to the toy box toy and it's objective based ruleset.
When I look at Ghostbusters I think of WOZ and TZ, game designs that took a chance on a unique layout and have unique shots and unique toys. I still may end up with an AS in my collection one day but for now Ghostbusters won me over with it's magna slings, subway ramp with ball lock, Ecto Goggles, moving Slimer, the molded buildings with lighting, amazing audio package, custom callouts by Ernie Hudson, excellent artwork, double scoop shots, two captive balls (one with a unique twist), video modes, and deep rules.

Oh FFS...you've rewritten your WOZ novel into a GB novel...and people say I'm repetitive w/ GB lol...

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh FFS...you've rewritten your WOZ novel into a GB novel...and people say I'm repetitive w/ GB lol...

You really can't stand anyone saying anything good about Ghostbusters can you? lol

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You really can't stand anyone saying anything good about Ghostbusters can you? lol

The art is great.

That's it.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters won me over with it's magna slings, subway ramp with ball lock, Ecto Goggles, moving Slimer, the molded buildings with lighting, amazing audio package, custom callouts by Ernie Hudson, excellent artwork, double scoop shots, two captive balls (one with a unique twist), video modes, and deep rules.

All true.

No gameplay mentioned in there. That's the problem.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All true.

I think game play is really good.... Its just not your typical layout. As for all the whiners complaining about flipper gap. Christ add the cheater post if that floats you boat .

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think game play is really good.... Its just not your typical layout. As for all the whiners complaining about flipper gap. Christ add the cheater post if that floats you boat .

Plenty of games have atypical layouts. Atypical doesn't automatically = plays well. The "bad design correction post" doesn't solve the wonky gameplay....just helps it to last longer, nor does it address the linear rules issue.

#42 6 years ago

Look at games like hobbit. Great rules set and total shit game play. That's a fact !!!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Look at games like hobbit. Great rules set and total shit game play. That's a fact !!!

Alternative fact. I play it all the time and it's an absolute joy. So glad my GB refund went toward it!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alternative fact. I play it all the time and it's an absolute joy. So glad my GB refund went toward it!

You should be able to afford one.

NIB Smaug LE 9000
Used Smaug LE 7200

NIB GBLE 7500
Used GBLE 8500

I can see you made the right choice and its consensus with the rest of pinside.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You should be able to afford one.
NIB Smaug LE 9000
Used Smaug LE 7200
NIB GBLE 7500
Used GBLE 8500
I can see you made the right choice and its consensus with the rest of pinside.

$9000? Smaug was $7500 new.

So I should have gone with the Pinside groupthink? Nah. In a few years you guys will have the same realization I had with TF and Xmen - great theme and/or art can't save a shit game. Hobbit will be the next LOTR. Once it's out of production Pinside will be begging Jack for a "Vault Edition" lol

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All true.

Yes there is, you only copied one section of my reply...

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$9000? Smaug was $7500 new.
So I should have gone with the Pinside groupthink? Nah. In a few years you guys will have the same realization I had with TF and Xmen - great theme and/or art can't save a shit game. Hobbit will be the next LOTR. Once it's out of production Pinside will be begging Jack for a "Vault Edition" lol

FYI - that's NOT what happened to LOTR. The majority of people liked LOTR right out of the gate.
Also - you thought TF had great art??? TF and X-Men aren't shit games, they're just not A games.

You should just give up your anti-GB campaigning - don't you think you've repeated the same comments enough by now?

#48 6 years ago

At least everyone is arguing about great games I guess... Hobbit, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, now LOTR? lol. Wish I had them all!

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - that's NOT what happened to LOTR. The majority of people liked LOTR right out of the gate.
Also - you thought TF had great art??? TF and X-Men aren't shit games, they're just not A games.
You should just give up your anti-GB campaigning - don't you think you've repeated the same comments enough by now?

1.). LOTR came out when arcades were still buying tons of pins. Anyone could play an LOTR anywhere and form an opinion. Most are forming Hobbit opinions based on other people's opinions or videos - not from playing it. There aren't a lot of them out there to try.

2.) Plenty of people complained about LOTR's layout, calling it clunky and cheap feeling. Not to mention the art and cab printing quality. The excellent theme integration and code won the anti-Stern types over.

3.). I've never said TF had good art. I said theme and/or art. I love the TF theme. The art is terrible.

4.). I'm hardly the only one who hates GB. Please take it up with the many other Pinsiders who have similar opinions if it bothers you so much.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes there is, you only copied one section of my reply...

Well, here's the rest of the post. Which bit is the GB gameplay? The unique shots and unique toys? Again, they are just things, not gameplay.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When I look at Ghostbusters I think of WOZ and TZ, game designs that took a chance on a unique layout and have unique shots and unique toys. I still may end up with an AS in my collection one day but for now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-premium-or-ghostbusters-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.