as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 7 years ago

Pro all the way. All the premium differences are tied up with the upper playfield. This will be up there with Met as one of the best pros.
No spinner gimping,
No drop target gimping(talking about target banks, not the single approach to the upper playfield),
No ramp gimping,
Lock it in now, pro will be the runaway success!

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

will these start shipping in a few weeks?

Arriving Aus end of Feb.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

With the quality of console / PC / handheld / arcade game graphics, the bar is very high. If game animations are not up to standards, it looks like an eyesore and distracts from the gameplay. I know, the game is on the playfield, but don't expect me to put that game in my game room.
Sterns Aerosmith animations remind me of a Rock Band / Guitar hero clone. Rock Bands animations fall flat compared to Guitar Hero, and Sterns Aerosmith graphics (and Batman 66) would need to go some to catch up with those.
I can understand why Stern was hesitant to include a color screen. The awkward looking graphics are off putting and unfortunately are not going to lure new players to pinball. That being said, I don't find the JJP animations off putting, although JJP uses mainly an graphical info screen more than classic DMD animations.
These old GH Aerosmith graphics are nothing special, but are an example of what could have been done. Aren't they friends with the guys at Raw Thrills (Big Buck Hunter games, etc)? Imagine what the talent at Raw Thrills could do with Batman 66 or Aerosmith graphics??
I hope someone at Stern is reading this!!!

No thanks. Utterly wrong look.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Why is everyone so negative? Be happy someone is still making new games!

Quoted from Deez:

6200 and Lonnie Roop the flop on code. Kiss 2.0 here we come. Can't wait to quote this comment next year when the code is still garbage.
It's a shame cause I think the art and layout look neat. I just have lived this story already.
Hard pass.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The toys toy was nice, the ball flying into the box was a nice gimmick although on the pro it kept on missing it all the time.

This definitely looks like a mech that you will have to keep maintained. Any sort of coil sleeve drag or misalignment will probably throw it off easily. I imagine, though, that with the lid open, there is quite a large shot-success area, so that the accuracy required is way lower than NBA that required the magnet for help.

#345 7 years ago

You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years. Sales are starting to slow now. But that's after massive increases. There's no way Stern's US sales are under threat from recent prices. Oversupply maybe, but price? Gimme a break.

AS pro AUD 8300
ACDC pro AUD 5200

60% increase.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just because your increase is more, doesn't change our point. If I wasn't on Pinside I wouldn't have to listen to Canadians, Brits, and men at works telling me how much they pay I still wouldn't be happy.

Granted, it doesn't change how you feel about it, but my point is towards the prices affecting sales. That ain't going to happen.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I get so tired of non US residents crying about the unfavorable exchange rate. What were you all doing in 2009 and 2010 when the US dollar tanked and US housing was a complete train wreck??? Seriously, this is the way the economic world works. There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines. You could have capitalized on the weak US dollar at the time and you would be reaping the rewards today.
Instead we get post after post after post of people crying "I can't get my big boy toy as cheap as you Americans can get your big boy toy".
Jeeze, gimme a break
QSS

Um, don't recall crying about the exchange rate. I was commenting that a local small price rise in US dollars is unlikely to affect sales, because sales in the rest of the world are only just slowing a bit now, after much bigger rises in their respective home currencies.

There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines

I was. That's why I can now plough tens of thousands of dollars of R&D into pinball mods without blinking an eye.

#405 7 years ago

Are you not complaining about the price that Americans pay?????

Great, you've done well when the American economy tanked. You've prospered on the difficulties that were encountered when there were tough times in the US. Yet, you now complain because your on the wrong side of the fence......"You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years."
You brag that you can plough tens of thousands of dollars into all things pinball and in the next breath you bitch and complain about the fact that you have to pay more than US citizens. So which is it??? Your so well off it doesn't matter or your just jealous that pins cost less in the ole US of A??????
Well, what form of hypocrisy are you selling friend???
QSS

I didn't complain once. Just stating some facts.

Come over and I'll buy you a beer and play some pinball sometime. Fortunately our amazing beer, a bit like your amazing bacon, is priced in local currency.

#408 7 years ago

Listen friend, I'd love to drink some beer with ya, maybe some rum as well. Maybe we can meet up at some point in the future.

Quoted for posterity. I'd hate for you to back pedal out of this invitation.

Oh, and back on topic. AS, I'm in!

1 week later
#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm in for Aerosmith..

..blah, something about rules, blah.

Me too!

I love how we think the same, SKB.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Even if CDs don't sound better than vinyl, it's just not worth the extra effort that is required to get the quality out of the vinyl.
In practical application, vinyl will often sound worse than CD, with the various pops/crackles that come from static. I used the anti-static gun (Zerostat) and everything and it was still a challenge. I gave up on vinyl years ago. I have some SA-CD and DVD-A discs that sound incredible, but for the most part, I am still pretty happy with CD.

I found that I simply stopped caring. I found the quality of music to be deteriorating faster than the quality of the audio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.