as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I get so tired of non US residents crying about the unfavorable exchange rate. What were you all doing in 2009 and 2010 when the US dollar tanked and US housing was a complete train wreck??? Seriously, this is the way the economic world works. There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines. You could have capitalized on the weak US dollar at the time and you would be reaping the rewards today.
Instead we get post after post after post of people crying "I can't get my big boy toy as cheap as you Americans can get your big boy toy".
Jeeze, gimme a break
QSS

A8B9D37F-F021-4F71-A7E2-B5ADB19D9816-3635-00000900661A3EC3_tmp (resized).pngA8B9D37F-F021-4F71-A7E2-B5ADB19D9816-3635-00000900661A3EC3_tmp (resized).png

#402 7 years ago

I get so tired of non US residents crying about the unfavorable exchange rate. What were you all doing in 2009 and 2010 when the US dollar tanked and US housing was a complete train wreck??? Seriously, this is the way the economic world works. There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines. You could have capitalized on the weak US dollar at the time and you would be reaping the rewards today.
Instead we get post after post after post of people crying "I can't get my big boy toy as cheap as you Americans can get your big boy toy".
Jeeze, gimme a break
QSS

Um, don't recall crying about the exchange rate. I was commenting that a local small price rise in US dollars is unlikely to affect sales, because sales in the rest of the world are only just slowing a bit now, after much bigger rises in their respective home currencies.

There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines

I was. That's why I can now plough tens of thousands of dollars of R&D into pinball mods without blinking an eye.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I guess it's time for an Aerosmith Who's
In thread. I'm in.

I'm in!

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years. Sales are starting to slow now. But that's after massive increases. There's no way Stern's US sales are under threat from recent prices. Oversupply maybe, but price? Gimme a break.
AS pro AUD 8300
ACDC pro AUD 5200
60% increase.

Are you not complaining about the price that Americans pay?????

Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's why I can now plough tens of thousands of dollars of R&D into pinball mods without blinking an eye.

Great, you've done well when the American economy tanked. You've prospered on the difficulties that were encountered when there were tough times in the US. Yet, you now complain because your on the wrong side of the fence......"You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years."

You brag that you can plough tens of thousands of dollars into all things pinball and in the next breath you bitch and complain about the fact that you have to pay more than US citizens. So which is it??? Your so well off it doesn't matter or your just jealous that pins cost less in the ole US of A??????

Well, what form of hypocrisy are you selling friend???

QSS

#405 7 years ago

Are you not complaining about the price that Americans pay?????

Great, you've done well when the American economy tanked. You've prospered on the difficulties that were encountered when there were tough times in the US. Yet, you now complain because your on the wrong side of the fence......"You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years."
You brag that you can plough tens of thousands of dollars into all things pinball and in the next breath you bitch and complain about the fact that you have to pay more than US citizens. So which is it??? Your so well off it doesn't matter or your just jealous that pins cost less in the ole US of A??????
Well, what form of hypocrisy are you selling friend???
QSS

I didn't complain once. Just stating some facts.

Come over and I'll buy you a beer and play some pinball sometime. Fortunately our amazing beer, a bit like your amazing bacon, is priced in local currency.

#406 7 years ago

OMG dude, reread your own posts.

QSS

#407 7 years ago

Nice, deleted your post (#405) that you weren't complaining about about US folks and what they pay for their games and then you added a nice post about sharing beer together. Don't break your leg on that "back pedal".

Listen friend, I'd love to drink some beer with ya, maybe some rum as well. Perhaps we can meet up at some point in the future and talk peace.

QSS

#408 7 years ago

Listen friend, I'd love to drink some beer with ya, maybe some rum as well. Maybe we can meet up at some point in the future.

Quoted for posterity. I'd hate for you to back pedal out of this invitation.

Oh, and back on topic. AS, I'm in!

#410 7 years ago

I'm in for a low # LE.

I'm a little older than most of You and grew up on these guys.

Go to one of their concerts and You'll be surprised at the age mix at venue. 18 to 70. And You will know all their songs they play.

Going right next to MoPLE and AC/DC!

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

And Rolling Stones?!

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Seems like almost everyone is talking about the price. Should a game really be judged on only one criterion, that being how affordable it is to you personally? Are cars out of your personal price range shittier just because of that? I can appreciate cars that I can't afford.

No, the question is whether the game has value to you at the given price. It has nothing to do with affordability for a lot of people. Some people could afford to buy every NIB Stern but don't.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

And Rolling Stones?!

You have one for sale? I'd like a nice one!

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

And Rolling Stones?!

Why does the best band we've seen in pinball have the worst pin? Seems like a good candidate for a do-over.

#415 7 years ago

The more I see of Aerosmith the better it looks, Borg knows how to knock the Pro out of the park.

Now we have some of the biggest and best rock bands brought to pinball, it's got me thinking would there be/is there any market for a non rock related pin? Everyone is picking up on the design similarities and wanting variety in layouts but is the same thoughts relating to genre as well? Just curious

#416 7 years ago

I gotta smile when I see you youngsters talk about growing up with this Band!!I was in my thirtys when they where only a warm up Band here!Their popularity came when all the old Rockers started to fade away,and there was Aerosmith!! Good Band,not knocking them, Just ,not pinball material!! The Master creators at Stern,seem to be searching for greatness,they could do this good with any Band title,but it comes out ho-hum!Between,Rolling Stones,AC/DC,Metalica,Kiss,I get more from my RBION,or,GB!!

#417 7 years ago

Aerosmith appeals to some of us but it certainly won't be a big draw for the young'uns. Let's hope the gameplay and sound/light integration with the jack-in-the-box are great. Can't wait to plunk in some coin.

1975 Toys in the Attic
1989 Love in an Elevator
1976 Rats in the Cellar
1987 Dude Looks Like A Lady
1976 Back in the Saddle
1975 Sweet Emotion
1975 Walk This Way
1974 Same Old Song And Dance
1976 Last Child

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pro Model: $6199
Premium Model: $7899
Limited Edition Model: $8999
Good grief. $6200 for the pro?

And what was the price on Ghostbusters Pro for comparison?

#419 7 years ago

Chip away at the stone should be in there. Maybe for the mini playfield since you need to "chip away" to get those targets.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Chip away at the stone should be in there. Maybe for the mini playfield since you need to "chip away" to get those targets.

Yeah...explain this please. I can't watch the videos because they're all on facebook. Stupid. I don't see how those targets are even hittable with that flipper. It looks like there's posts in the way to support the clear plastic ball guide that dumps the ball to the flipper, and the shot to the right side loops around and goes down the wireform, yes?

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Why does the best band we've seen in pinball have the worst pin? Seems like a good candidate for a do-over.

Stones is actually a really fun pin. If you can get over the "cheap" factor (everyone seemed to with Iron Man), it's just plain fast and fun. Solid IM-style rules, too. Much more fun than Kiss.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stones is actually a really fun pin. If you can get over the "cheap" factor (everyone seemed to with Iron Man), it's just plain fast and fun. Solid IM-style rules, too. Much more fun than Kiss.

I have the LE and it is pretty fun, but in fairness, it looks like a POS.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I didn't complain once. Just stating some facts.
Come over and I'll buy you a beer and play some pinball sometime. Fortunately our amazing beer, a bit like your amazing bacon, is priced in local currency.

Canadian bacon is over-rated.

#424 7 years ago

You know, I'm not even a huge fan of Aerosmith, but that game looks pretty fun. Shot through the pops on the left with the scoop shot is reminiscent of Whirlwind. Right ramp wrap around shot (and the kickout hole to it's immediate left), and the clown bash toy/lock/magnet looks like it was inspired by Medieval Madness. I can dig it.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It's corporate product art, but it actually looks better than Game of Thrones and Star Trek, IMO. In fact when I sold my STLE, I replaced it with Stones lol.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have a LE as well and find it to be a fun fast game that is hard to complete and actually find it visually pleasing, especially the back glass, then again I am a Stones fan!

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's corporate product art, but it actually looks better than Game of Thrones and Star Trek, IMO. In fact when I sold my STLE, I replaced it with Stones lol.

I'll be impressed if you get a second vote for Stones looking better than GOT and Star Trek ...

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'll be impressed if you get a second vote for Stones looking better than GOT and Star Trek ...

I will agree and say it looks better than GOT but not Star Trek.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

C'mon, GOT is quite possibly the ugliest game Steve's done since 24. ST isn't ugly per se ...but it doesn't feel like Star Trek. Since Steve took to heart complaints about "actors on the playfield", his games have looked completely generic. If a theme is about CHARACTERS, like ST and GOT - having a playfield devoid of characters lacks, well...character! Very generic, not to mention GOT's Gottlieb-level headshot collage Photochop-job on he translites and cabinets. Yes, Stones is Photoshopped as well....but more competently and with appealing color design. ST's playfield looks like 80's sherbet in space.

#430 7 years ago

AC/DC is one of my favs. Love the music and the gameplay just rocks (pun intended :p). Love the Stones music, but just couldn't get behind the 'blah' pin. Not that big of a fan of KISS, and only like Metallica's black album, but I do like most of Aerosmith's stuff and this pin looks more interesting than the Stones. This will actually be my first NIB pin. I went with the LE (first LE too) because I really dug the side art. Never thought artwork would be a deciding factor, but I guess as they say never say never. Signatures and plaques have no appeal to me, but I have always liked mini playfields...one reason I went with a premium AC/DC.

#431 7 years ago

Live from CES!

IMG_4311 (resized).JPGIMG_4311 (resized).JPG

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah...explain this please. I can't watch the videos because they're all on facebook. Stupid. I don't see how those targets are even hittable with that flipper. It looks like there's posts in the way to support the clear plastic ball guide that dumps the ball to the flipper, and the shot to the right side loops around and goes down the wireform, yes?

It's...interesting. You can and will fully catch and cradle the ball with it and then try to gently flick it to the left, backhand-style to hit those targets. You can do this quite a few times as the ball will return to the flipper repeatedly.

Apparently after firing away at the ramps, etc you'll have to then switch to "finesse" mode to handle the upper PF.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I'm in for a low # LE.
I'm a little older than most of You and grew up on these guys.
Go to one of their concerts and You'll be surprised at the age mix at venue. 18 to 70. And You will know all their songs they play.

save $2000 and buy a huo kiss le:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmith/same+old+song+dance_20004140.html

#435 7 years ago

Oh no, those LCD animations look like a Newgrounds game from 2005, yikes.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Oh no, those LCD animations look like a Newgrounds game from 2005, yikes.

Yeah I like the stylized 70's fonts but when the band plays it looks like those spastic "two frames of animation" kids cartoons. Makes me think of Scooby Doo for some reason.

I do like that the Cab and playfield have a limited and artistic color palette. After GB and BM66 I figured there must be some decree handed down at Stern that ALL games must use ALL colors ALL of the time

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

C'mon, GOT is quite possibly the ugliest game Steve's done since 24.

The playfield, yes...but the rest of the game, especially the premium/LE with the multi-colored LEDs, is pretty sweet.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can't watch the videos because they're all on facebook.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

C'mon, GOT is quite possibly the ugliest game Steve's done since 24. ST isn't ugly per se ...but it doesn't feel like Star Trek. Since Steve took to heart complaints about "actors on the playfield", his games have looked completely generic. If a theme is about CHARACTERS, like ST and GOT - having a playfield devoid of characters lacks, well...character! Very generic, not to mention GOT's Gottlieb-level headshot collage Photochop-job on he translites and cabinets. Yes, Stones is Photoshopped as well....but more competently and with appealing color design. ST's playfield looks like 80's sherbet in space.

GOT is way uglier than TRS. Way.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

» YouTube video

Wow, did Game Room guys shoot that video from a Treo 650? 240p only? WTF.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Signatures and plaques have no appeal to me, but I have always liked mini playfields...one reason I went with a premium AC/DC.

Exact same feeling here.
Numbered and signed pinballs have never held an inkling of interest for me so LE's were never a consideration.
We went with AC/DC Premium and the lower playfield is decent on it. Keep in mind this is mostly because it is under the playfield and does not get in the way of any features on the main playfield.
We skipped out on Game of Thrones upper playfield and will do the same with this game.

#442 7 years ago

Is $5,200 delivered for a Pro as good as it gets?

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Canadian bacon is over-rated.

Agree. And so is maple syrup.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fortunately our amazing beer

Have you ever had Fosters?

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yep. May be in the minority ...but love the Stones. Once you get yr head around the admittedly less than clear rules .... its a fast, challenging pin.

Does help if you are a Stones fan. And changing the music via pinbrowser to some of their more classic tracks is an absolute must ! I now have Jumpin Jack Flash, Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter , Paint It Black, You Cant Always Get What You Want etc cranking out

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is $5,200 delivered for a Pro as good as it gets?

Unless you consider 5,199 or 5,195 any better then yes. Everybody has been in that ball park.

#446 7 years ago

Thanks for the video link. That chest mech is odd... the way it ejects the balls for multiball seems...interesting. Kind of cool how it loads. Not quite IJ....but I always liked the way the IJ chest worked. I guess as long as it can hold 6 balls all good.

#447 7 years ago

I'm in ... ( pending no major household expenses or broken bones this spring/summer) , would want to play it first, just seems smart to do so.

I love the :
Killer art work, animated , 70's look is awesome, love the look of this game.
Colors- Blue, Purple , love it
Theme- I mean it's Aerosmith !! I'm 50 and grew up with Aerosmith, wife loves Aerosmith even more, an easy sell to her as well.
Songs- Love the song choices, might get old after a while, but I have many other pins to play, so won't be overplayed.

I have no other music themed pins, so this works good in my collection.

BTW: I get it, its a forum of opinions, but it brings out the ugly in folks when it just isn't their cup of tea, and they want the world to know they think a new theme sucks. Thank God Stern has survived and continued to make new titles, I've played (most) all the games of the 90's, and look forward to new stuff... both to my liking and not, still happy to see new stuff coming out. That said... Stern , keep QC under control and fix the clearcoat issues.
JP

#448 7 years ago

PASS ........ Aerosmith doesnt even give me a pulse

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You used to be able to get a NIB pin for almost half the price, though...

3 thumbs up for this complete nonsense?

Where does this come from?

Are you going back to the 80's?

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

3 thumbs up for this complete nonsense?
Where does this come from?
Are you going back to the 80's?

He's prolly comparing fully featured Stern games of the past such as TSPP found NIB for I'd guess $3500 or so vs todays fully featured Stern premiums at just under $7000

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.