as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Let's see what they do with AC/DC Vault now. I'd love animation like a "Gorillaz" video.

Lol are people really still expecting this to happen???

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years. Sales are starting to slow now. But that's after massive increases. There's no way Stern's US sales are under threat from recent prices. Oversupply maybe, but price? Gimme a break.
AS pro AUD 8300
ACDC pro AUD 5200
60% increase.

Well put TB, it's crazy!!!!!

#353 7 years ago

For comparison...

8bdd3af7103555e98e1ea0c3947d4bca55f58bda (resized).png8bdd3af7103555e98e1ea0c3947d4bca55f58bda (resized).png

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

For comparison...

if you own kiss why in the world buy this??

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you implying that Ghostbusters was "dialed in" and had the "kinks worked out" by Stern before shipping when YOU YOURSELF had to get a replacement playfield!?!?!?
Are you dismissing every person who's posted about their GB problems & flaws and the mods required to make it quasi-playable? Are you dismissing the bugs that have been in the software updates? Are you forgetting about the Slimer redesign? Are you forgetting about Slimer dragging his ass all over everything on the Prem/LEs? Are you dismissing the insert ghosting problems? Did you get some magical GB that has no bugs, no flipper gap, no STDM cheap ass drains, no outlane bounce-outs?
Getdafaahkattahere!!!!!

Not dismissing anything. Just saying that Stern is taking care of customers and the flaws are quite overblown and solved very easily with a protector. It is still a great game. Grandstand much?

#356 7 years ago

I guess it's time for an Aerosmith Who's
In thread. I'm in.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok Kermit, what's the goddamn secret to getting a new GBLE playfield from Stern, seeing as you are the ONLY motherf*cker to somehow get a new one, let alone one without problems, here on Pinside. Do tell.. I'm all ears.. what did you do? Because all I've heard is run around for months and they could give two shits about getting me a new playfield, and it literally is dissinegrating before my very eyes.

I simply communicated with them. I am sure that yours is coming shortly. I had been waiting a long time for sure. They do give two shits.

#358 7 years ago

I'd say Color DMD is a must for any pin (IMO) which adds $400 to the price.

I don't want to get into what a LCD costs vs a DMD but the value is worth $400 in my opinion

So even if you could have got IM for $4000 plus Color DMD $400

Anyway hate the upper PF and think if any, the pro is the way to go.

I'm not buying anyway because the code (idk) might not be by LS who is the only guy at Stern that is a genius. The other guys may be good to meh so I'm not interested in anything by those guys.

I like Aerosmith the way I like most classic rock but not overly much.

I think this will sell like Kiss and be ok selling not great and Stern will abandon ship on the code.

NIN would be way better for me musically.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Because all I've heard is run around for months and they could give two shits about getting me a new playfield,

Who is your distributor? I was told that Stern is sending out a box with packing and you then send out your old populated playfield back to Stern factory and then they do a swap and send back to you. I actually thought that was admirable because trying to do a playfield swap is a difficult task, especially without a rotisserie. I have never had problems getting stuff done with Stern, maybe we can help?

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Who is your distributor? I was told that Stern is sending out a box with packing and you then send out your old populated playfield back to Stern factory and then they do a swap and send back to you. I actually thought that was admirable because trying to do a playfield swap is a difficult task, especially without a rotisserie. I have never had problems getting stuff done with Stern, maybe we can help?

That is exactly how is works. Stern sends an empty box, you send the playfield back, they send a replacement populated playfield. With Spike there are 3 connectors to unplug. Just need one other person to help you lift it out of the cabinet. Once the process starts it is pretty quick.

#361 7 years ago

That's awesome! Wish they had a quick fix for Kiss Code though!

#362 7 years ago

Is it confirmed that Lonnie is the one who did the code for Aerosmith?

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Is it confirmed that Lonnie is the one who did the code for Aerosmith?

At the end of the day, it comes down to this: does it have good rules?

With Lonnie at the helm, I have a horrible feeling this game will be a dud. I hope I'm wrong b/c I wanted to get this title, but there's not a single Lonnie game that I like in terms of rules. He's totally cut and paste (shoot this shot a million times, then shoot again...yawn).

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I do have KISS and I'm probably going to wait for Star Wars or something else. The comparison to KISS is valid but I'm sure it plays differently as it is not exact. For example, I would have to say that the scoop is oddly placed in front of the bumper area. If the scoop is used to start modes it could be a real challenge hitting that shot from either flipper. It is a relatively easy shot on KISS from the left flip and difficult from the right. The AS placement makes it more difficult from either side.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

At the end of the day, it comes down to this: does it have good rules?
With Lonnie at the helm, I have a horrible feeling this game will be a dud. I hope I'm wrong b/c I wanted to get this title, but there's not a single Lonnie game that I like in terms of rules. He's totally cut and paste (shoot this shot a million times, then shoot again...yawn).

Didn't Lonnie do Iron Man?

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just need one other person to help you lift it out of the cabinet. Once the process starts it is pretty quick.

Take legs off and set the game on the floor. Much easier to get play field out by yourself

#367 7 years ago

Purple scared stiff cabinet with Aerosmith Graphics. Hmm..

#368 7 years ago

What color is the pro, premium and le?

I've seen some posts/listings where a pro is purple and some where it is blue.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My distro is Trent @ Tilt

That process is what I was told would happen, but I keep getting the run around and "I don't knows" from everyone. Somehow Kermit is the only guy here to get a GBLE playfield replacement.

Kermit,

Please post a pic of your GBLE replacement playfield date stamp. Thanks

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I always find it Interesting that people seem to think similar playfield layouts are an issue. There are only so many ways to lay out a machine. Look at spooky. Zombie is a very different layout and people dislike it because it plays so different.

That's not the conversation here.

I for one would own one of these at some point because I collect music themed pins. If you like both bands then I can understand wanting both.

To each their own. I just hope they sell a lot of them(after a price drop) so they keep making more machines.

#371 7 years ago

Dark blue for the LE, purple for the Premium and light blue for the Pro
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/aerosmith/

Quoted from Psw757:

What color is the pro, premium and le?
I've seen some posts/listings where a pro is purple and some where it is blue.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distro is Trent @ Tilt
That process is what I was told would happen, but I keep getting the run around and "I don't knows" from everyone. Somehow Kermit is the only guy here to get a GBLE playfield replacement.
Kermit,
Please post a pic of your GBLE replacement playfield date stamp. Thanks

I don't want to derail the Aerosmith thread any more than we have, so I'll post photos in the Ghostbusters Issue thread.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn't Lonnie do Iron Man?

Lonnie/Lyman combo.

#374 7 years ago

I pointed out in another thread IM and Met pro have similar layouts

Same 2 top roll over lane, same post blocker, same pops, same ramp entrance (maybe not exactly but same-ish) they have features in same place grave/war machine snake/whiplash. Both have a middle bash figure.

But the games have enough diffences to make them totally different.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I pointed out in another thread IM and Met pro have similar layouts
Same 2 top roll over lane, same post blocker, same pops, same ramp entrance (maybe not exactly but same-ish) they have features in same place grave/war machine snake/whiplash. Both have a middle bash figure.
But the games have enough diffences to make them totally different.

Yeah, unless it's LITERALLY the same like FGY/Shrek, it's completely irrelevant to worry about layouts being similar. All the little differences change how the ball is going to react and where it's going to go, code changes what you want to shoot for. When Iron Man came out, everyone shunned it and said it was just Austin Powers....see how that turned out? Learn from the past.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, unless it's LITERALLY the same like FGY/Shrek, it's completely irrelevant to worry about layouts being similar. All the little differences change how the ball is going to react and where it's going to go, code changes what you want to shoot for. When Iron Man came out, everyone shunned it and said it was just Austin Powers....see how that turned out? Learn from the past.

IM and Met both had Lyman.....

AS has Lonnie.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

f you own kiss why in the world buy this??

So you will be able to participate in two where's the code threads.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Zombie is a very different layout and people dislike it because it plays so different.

I don't like Rob Zombie because when I played my first game (4-player with 3 guys who already played it) at Pintastic, one of the players achieved multiball and hit the ramp with the left flipper over 50 times. That's not a joke. He's a top ranked player and hit that center ramp 50 F'n times while having a cradle going on the right flipper.

I never was in love with RZ's PF art, but will always applaud non-standard designs... but they also need to be GOOD designs. Love the Fast Lap w/ outlane crossover on Full Throttle, love the layouts of games like Black Rose, Family Guy, LOTR, and TWD. But watching someone hit 50 jackpots in a row because there's an open 4-lane freeway in the middle of the playfield is why I didn't like RZ.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

IM and Met both had Lyman.....
AS has Lonnie.

I was just talking about people comparing designs and dismissing them as "the same game".

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was just talking about people comparing designs and dismissing them as "the same game".

Get ya.

I think many though are worried that AS could be the next KISS in terms of code.

Shame there is only one Lyman !

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Get ya.
I think many though are worried that AS could be the next KISS in terms of code.
Shame there is only one Lyman !

Well, that is definitely looking likely. Each song will probably have a different series of colored shots to aim for, some different multiballs, super this, super that, nice light shows. Lyman really took "non-story" themes of Metallica and ACDC and really went crazy creative with them. Aerosmith will most likely be fun, but not blow anyone away looking creative nuance. For me, Kiss's shitty toys ruined the game for me ...so if this is Kiss with better toys, it's already more appealing to play.

#383 7 years ago

Gotta admit this looks awesome!

AS (resized).pngAS (resized).png

#384 7 years ago

My guess, based on the delayed launch (and extra development time) and the fact it's Lonnie on code, is this is WYSIWYG.

Play it. Like it or not. Buy it or don't. As it should be.

But don't buy hoping for future code/gameplay improvements. I think you'll be disappointed.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This definitely looks like a mech that you will have to keep maintained. Any sort of coil sleeve drag or misalignment will probably throw it off easily. I imagine, though, that with the lid open, there is quite a large shot-success area, so that the accuracy required is way lower than NBA that required the magnet for help.

I'm surprised the area where the ball rests before being kicked into the air is just wood. To reliably have the ball landing in the crate, both the kicker and the ball location would have to be mostly the same each time.

Problem with wood is that its difficult to reliably machine and it wears. Would be next to impossible to ensure the ball will sit in the same location on every game. And as the hole wears, the ball will also sit differently meaning constant re-adjustment will be needed.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok Kermit, what's the goddamn secret to getting a new GBLE playfield from Stern

Can't you buy one as a replacement part? At least you'd have it then.

#387 7 years ago

Have the LE's sold out yet?

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Have the LE's sold out yet?

Have you sent in your video application to buy one yet?

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

That's really what I'm struggling with right now.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

And if you DON'T own Kiss, because you never liked it, why would you buy this either?

#391 7 years ago

Shhhhhhhhh don't give it away.

I'm hoping some KISS owners will sell their premiums later this year to make room for Aerosmith. Then I can buy one because I inexplicably really like the game KISS despite being neutral on the band.

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol are people really still expecting this to happen???

Yes.

#393 7 years ago

I do like the looks of this pin. I use to own the Stern IJ and I really loved the opening ark. (okay, that was about the only thing I liked about that pin). Looks pretty sweet though.

Would have been cool if Stern could have worked the elevator toy to go up and down after capturing a ball for Love Elevator, like Spooky did on their AMH elevator.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm surprised the area where the ball rests before being kicked into the air is just wood

It's countersunk and therefore can't be screen printed. Someone will make a decal for it though.

Rob

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

And if you DON'T own Kiss, because you never liked it, why would you buy this either?

Haha that's where I'm at. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but wasn't a huge design fan of it.

I think the main point going on is talk of pre-ordering. Since most of us haven't played it, & looking 90% like a game that came out 18-19 months ago is a little too soon to slap down more pre-order $$ than was asked at the time.

May come out and be totally kick ass and feel nothing like Kiss and I'll pick it up. We shall see.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I don't like Rob Zombie because when I played my first game (4-player with 3 guys who already played it) at Pintastic, one of the players achieved multiball and hit the ramp with the left flipper over 50 times. That's not a joke. He's a top ranked player and hit that center ramp 50 F'n times while having a cradle going on the right flipper.
I never was in love with RZ's PF art, but will always applaud non-standard designs... but they also need to be GOOD designs. Love the Fast Lap w/ outlane crossover on Full Throttle, love the layouts of games like Black Rose, Family Guy, LOTR, and TWD. But watching someone hit 50 jackpots in a row because there's an open 4-lane freeway in the middle of the playfield is why I didn't like RZ.

OK so you say that a top ranked player hit the shot 50 times in a row...How many times did you hit the shot in a row?

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agree. Just because they look the same doesn't convert to being the same. However, from the recent live play video of b66 it looks like it's going to be the opposite of AP and IM. It looks worse than bdk. Boring as batshit would be putting it kindly.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years. Sales are starting to slow now. But that's after massive increases. There's no way Stern's US sales are under threat from recent prices. Oversupply maybe, but price? Gimme a break.
AS pro AUD 8300
ACDC pro AUD 5200
60% increase.

I get so tired of non US residents crying about the unfavorable exchange rate. What were you all doing in 2009 and 2010 when the US dollar tanked and US housing was a complete train wreck??? Seriously, this is the way the economic world works. There are ups and downs and when the US was in the tank 7 years ago you should have been buying US dollars, US real estate, US stocks or even pinball machines. You could have capitalized on the weak US dollar at the time and you would be reaping the rewards today.

Instead we get post after post after post of people crying "I can't get my big boy toy as cheap as you Americans can get your big boy toy".

Jeeze, gimme a break
QSS

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Agree. Just because they look the same doesn't convert to being the same. However, from the recent live play video of b66 it looks like it's going to be the opposite of AP and IM. It looks worse than bdk. Boring as batshit would be putting it kindly.

Seems to be the case at the moment. Once it's peppered with custom callouts and show voice clips and more complete code, that could change. Blows my mind that people had to fill out an application and pay $15k to be a beta tester.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just because your increase is more, doesn't change our point. If I wasn't on Pinside I wouldn't have to listen to Canadians, Brits, and men at works telling me how much they pay I still wouldn't be happy.
Or is this another Stern tactic? "Welp I guess we don't pay as much as other countries...thanks Stern?"

"men at works"......lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.75
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up/page/8?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.