as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Getting the playfield artist to draw things for the LCD was smart.

The problem is that it is clearly static drawings they've "animated" like it's papercraft. South Park can get away with it, it's supposed to look terrible.

There's tons of hungry animation grads dying to work in the game industry, I can't imagine finding talent with current, relevant skills is that hard or expensive, especially since they don't need console game level graphics - hell, Street Fighter II-level graphics would probably blow most pinheads away.

But, I understand the cost and time limitations they live under - they don't have 2+ years to tweak graphics like they do on console games. I hope they find their way.

Agreed on the fonts, too... no comment.

#302 7 years ago

I guess operators will have to go back to the older games. Dang!!! 6,200 for a stripped down model.

#303 7 years ago

Pro's being built middle of Jan

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The problem is that it is clearly static drawings they've "animated" like it's papercraft. South Park can get away with it, it's supposed to look terrible.

Actually - South Park is a great example of "bad" animation that's actually good due to TIMING. Notice that the characters don't "float". They're animated in a way that looks like a child making their own stop motion animation with paper cutouts. By having characters "pop" about, it looks funny, it works for the humor, and your mind fills in the blanks...it's the same principal that appealing DMD animation usually has. I was playing Metallica last nite and got to Seek & Destroy, which features the band playing - similar to the Aerosmith band playing scene. Each band member has two poses...the guy playing guitar for example, his head pops up and down, no inbetweens. His arm pops up and down on his guitar. Now - someone might look at that and say it's "cheap" animation...but it's totally functional and looks snappy and funny. Compare that to the Aerosmith band playing. Everything just floats evenly...sure it's "smoother" than South Park or DMD style animation...but is it GOOD animation? Smooth does not equal good.

#305 7 years ago

Wish I could afford NIB pins anymore. The last NIB pin I bought was Ironman in 2011 for $4200. The escalation in NIB pinball prices is crazy!

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Compare that to the Aerosmith band playing. Everything just floats evenly...sure it's "smoother" than South Park or DMD style animation...but is it GOOD animation? Smooth does not equal good.

Yes, you've explained the issue exactly. It's very floaty, which looks bad. Also the lack of background detailing.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess operators will have to go back to the older games. Dang!!! 6,200 for a stripped down model.

Really? When does anyone pay msrp? It can be had for about same as gb at around 5k....

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Wish I could afford NIB pins anymore. The last NIB pin I bought was Ironman in 2011 for $4200. The escalation in NIB pinball prices is crazy!

The good news is that Iron Man is better than most of the new pins! So...you win!

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? When does anyone pay msrp? It can be had for about same as gb at around 5k....

My distro quoted me $5200 delivered to my door for AS Pro, has anyone gotten a better price than that?

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distro quoted me $5200 delivered to my door for AS Pro, has anyone gotten a better price than that?

Great price

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Aerosmith looks Awesome!!!
Great band - top seller 70's, 80's and 90's!!!
FACT : Aerosmith sold MANY MORE post 70's albums than 70's - so there are plenty of fans of all there music.
This is going to be a great game - just hope the software matches the rest of the package
I am totally in!!!!

There best selling album was Toys in the Attic which is a 70's album.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

To be honest, a NIB pin is still way out of my price range but at one time I thought I'd call around for a GB pro price... short story long is that I never saw any price close to that price point, perhaps your getting that price based on your past business; but would someone like me as a potential first time NIB buyer get that same price?

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

To be honest, a NIB pin is still way out of my price range but at one time I thought I'd call around for a GB pro price... short story long is that I never saw any price close to that price point, perhaps your getting that price based on your past business; but would someone like me as a potential first time NIB buyer get that same price?

Call JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado and he will likely give you the same price as everyone else.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Wow this game looks fantastic and great continue your flaming of the game guys before you even play it

Nice try but you are wrong about so many things. This is my first Aerosmith post, I can't be half the flame you are, or maybe you are defensive because you ard planning to buy one and cant see through the rose colored glasses. I admitted the artwork is great. My point is that the lcd shows nothing but sh@t. Should the frames and content be greatly enhanced, I'd take another look at this point - what I see on the lcd is worse than most dmd content and that alone will exclude me from wanting to even play it (yes, it is that bad).

#315 7 years ago

was not into this theme at all but that looks awesome.

#316 7 years ago

Why is everyone so negative? Be happy someone is still making new games!

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Why is everyone so negative?

You're ugly and smell like poop. That's negative. I didn't really mean that...just trying to make a point. Don't just dismiss an opinion on a discussion board for an expensive toy as "negative". We're the audience for this product reveal. A product real is an attempt to sell us something. Something expensive! Honest reactions and first impressions are to be expected! They're not all going to be positive.

Go to ANY message board dedicated to something...movies, video games, cars, food....these things literally exist for people to discuss their opinions on things they have passion for. If you don't like someone's opinion, ENGAGE in conversation...tell them why you disagree with their "negative" opinion. What you posted is a lazy cop out.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Dirty donnie rules at ponball art design .. I dig it .... cool them great looking game ...

I guess I'm a little older but in my opinion, all his stuff looks the same to me. I appreciate art but he just doesn't do it for me.

#319 7 years ago

It was a blast to play the 3x I did... 1 pro, 2 premium games... Upper pf is well implemented too

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

In terms of World Wide sales this article states that "Get a Grip" was their best selling album. I remember back in the late 80's early 90's how popular Aerosmith were in the UK and Australia too.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-get-a-grip/

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

It was a blast to play the 3x I did... 1 pro, 2 premium games... Upper pf is well implemented too

Tell me more. How did it shoot, what would you compare it to, how was the sound?

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The simple answer is that custom shapes are expensive and need to be done in bulk to be cost effective. Who knows how many games Stern sells, but it's not in the hundreds of thousands. They need an off the shelf screen, that's already in production for laptops etc. It's the only route that really makes sense.
Same reason ColorDMD uses laptop screens and hides the rest behind the speaker panel.

Never knew this. Very good point.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Why is everyone so negative? Be happy someone is still making new games!

Quoted from Deez:

6200 and Lonnie Roop the flop on code. Kiss 2.0 here we come. Can't wait to quote this comment next year when the code is still garbage.
It's a shame cause I think the art and layout look neat. I just have lived this story already.
Hard pass.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Have 2 friends that just got gb pro for 4800 delivered from 2 separate places...

#325 7 years ago

I had a chance to play Aerosmith today at CES, they had both the pro and the premium versions there. Although I didn't like the pictures, it looked like visual overload, in person the game did not look bad. Here's my quick review.

Visuals and animations:

The lights/inserts helped understand what was going on well and what to shoot. The inserts changed color and blinked, the bop bumper lightning was nice and it was bright but not too bright.
The animations were not fully completed yet, but mostly there. Some people will think they were naïve and silly, but it wasn't bad by any means.

Toys:

The toys toy was nice, the ball flying into the box was a nice gimmick although on the pro it kept on missing it all the time. The upper playfield on the premium was not too bad either, once you have lit all the targets then by shooting the orbit around it you got 2x playfield. It also made locking balls easier if I remember right.

Playability:

I liked the flow, and it was speedy at times. It was the mirror image of GB in terms of cheap out lane or middle drains. In fact, it felt easy and ball times felt definitely longer than in previous new Sterns. Still, there was a lot to do and the multiball was fun. Can't say I understand the rules much, and it was an early version of the code (version 0.71 if I saw correctly). Also, I only saw 1-2 airballs so looks like they've learned their lesson from GB

Other:

The pro felt cheap to me and I'd definitely favor the premium over that, the upper playfield was not as gimmicky as the one in GoT for example. Not sure about the quality, one of the node boards stopped working halfway through the game and it took them a good while to get it fixed.

My verdict (take it as you will):
It was fun, better than I expected. Would I buy it? Probably not, but I'll definitely put my quarters in it if I see it in the wild.
Btw, BM66 was also there, I only played one game on it to realize it was not my cup of tea at all. Felt more flimsy and not exciting at all. I found myself being gravitated towards Aerosmith way more...

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Btw, BM66 was also there, I only played one game on it to realize it was not my cup of tea at all. Felt more flimsy and not exciting at all.

That might just be the feel of the original Never know why but dark knight always seemed to move more for me and felt more flimsy than other titles for some reason

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

the ball flying into the box was a nice gimmick although on the pro it kept on missing it all the time.

That sucks to hear. The reason that toy worked every time on NBA is because there was a magnet in the backboard which would grab the flying ball, then drop it through the hoop. I wondered why the lid of the open chest didn't have a magnet to catch the flying ball...great - the one cool toy that I found impressive doesn't work as intended.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

BM66 was also there, I only played one game on it to realize it was not my cup of tea at all. Felt more flimsy and not exciting at all.

Were they passing out applications for purchase consideration?

#328 7 years ago

Geez Rarehero give them a break. First time the (likely prototype) game is in public. I'm sure they'll dial in in and work out the kinks with the lock in the box.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That sucks to hear. The reason that toy worked every time on NBA is because there was a magnet in the backboard which would grab the flying ball, then drop it through the hoop. I wondered why the lid of the open chest didn't have a magnet to catch the flying ball...great - the one cool toy that I found impressive doesn't work as intended.

Wow, that reminds me of the BSD flap ramp vs TWD Prem/LE flap ramp. (Spoiler: BSD ramp >>> TWD ramp)

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Geez give them a break. First time the (likely prototype) game is in public. I'm sure they'll dial in in and work out the kinks.

Just like Ghostbusters, eh?

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just like Ghostbusters, eh?

My Ghostbusters plays fantastic thank you very much!

Stern took care of me and the support has been fantastic. New playfield and all. Love the game as much as the day I bought it.

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Yes - but their next *3* highest selling albums are ALL from after the 70's...

#1 Toys in the Attic ----------- 8,000,000
#2 Pump----------------------- 7,000,000
#3 Get A Grip ----------------- 7,000,000
#4 Permanent Vacation ------- 5,000,000
#5 Rocks ---------------------- 4,000,000
#6 Get Your Wings ------------ 3,000,000

Top 3 albums in 70's sold 15 million, while the top 3 later sold 19,000,000.

Like I said -> PLENTY of Fans for both halves of their career. One of the TOP SELLING BANDS EVER!!!!!

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern took care of me and the support has been fantastic. New playfield and all. Love the game as much as the day I bought it.

Are you implying that Ghostbusters was "dialed in" and had the "kinks worked out" by Stern before shipping when YOU YOURSELF had to get a replacement playfield!?!?!?

Are you dismissing every person who's posted about their GB problems & flaws and the mods required to make it quasi-playable? Are you dismissing the bugs that have been in the software updates? Are you forgetting about the Slimer redesign? Are you forgetting about Slimer dragging his ass all over everything on the Prem/LEs? Are you dismissing the insert ghosting problems? Did you get some magical GB that has no bugs, no flipper gap, no STDM cheap ass drains, no outlane bounce-outs?

Getdafaahkattahere!!!!!

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The toys toy was nice, the ball flying into the box was a nice gimmick although on the pro it kept on missing it all the time.

This definitely looks like a mech that you will have to keep maintained. Any sort of coil sleeve drag or misalignment will probably throw it off easily. I imagine, though, that with the lid open, there is quite a large shot-success area, so that the accuracy required is way lower than NBA that required the magnet for help.

#335 7 years ago

Didn't say not to be a hypocrite

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

PLENTY of Fans for both halves of their career. One of the TOP SELLING BANDS EVER!!!!!

Dude, you're talking about shit that happened 30-40 years ago. WHO CARES!!!!!

#337 7 years ago

Rut Row - the animations make me feel like I am watching a Scooby Do cartoon...

#338 7 years ago

I love the artwork on this pin! Absolutely gorgeous!

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I had a chance to play Aerosmith today at CES, they had both the pro and the premium versions there. Although I didn't like the pictures, it looked like visual overload, in person the game did not look bad. Here's my quick review.
Visuals and animations:
The lights/inserts helped understand what was going on well and what to shoot. The inserts changed color and blinked, the bop bumper lightning was nice and it was bright but not too bright.
The animations were not fully completed yet, but mostly there. Some people will think they were naïve and silly, but it wasn't bad by any means.
Toys:
The toys toy was nice, the ball flying into the box was a nice gimmick although on the pro it kept on missing it all the time. The upper playfield on the premium was not too bad either, once you have lit all the targets then by shooting the orbit around it you got 2x playfield. It also made locking balls easier if I remember right.
Playability:
I liked the flow, and it was speedy at times. It was the mirror image of GB in terms of cheap out lane or middle drains. In fact, it felt easy and ball times felt definitely longer than in previous new Sterns. Still, there was a lot to do and the multiball was fun. Can't say I understand the rules much, and it was an early version of the code (version 0.71 if I saw correctly). Also, I only saw 1-2 airballs so looks like they've learned their lesson from GB
Other:
The pro felt cheap to me and I'd definitely favor the premium over that, the upper playfield was not as gimmicky as the one in GoT for example. Not sure about the quality, one of the node boards stopped working halfway through the game and it took them a good while to get it fixed.
My verdict (take it as you will):
It was fun, better than I expected. Would I buy it? Probably not, but I'll definitely put my quarters in it if I see it in the wild.
Btw, BM66 was also there, I only played one game on it to realize it was not my cup of tea at all. Felt more flimsy and not exciting at all. I found myself being gravitated towards Aerosmith way more...

Thanks for the early review. That's good news to hear your thoughts on the upper playfield.

#340 7 years ago

Sterns plan didn't work I guess...they thought everyone would think this was a deal after BM66 and it's outlandish pricing. Looks way better than I thought an Aerosmith pin would though!

#341 7 years ago

still turdsville. crap music. its almost as bad as kiss. got way better things to do with my $$$

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Sterns plan didn't work I guess...they thought everyone would think this was a deal after BM66 and it's outlandish pricing.

We shall see, there's real life and Pinside. I'll be interested in the sales ...I'M hearing a ton of people saying "it's only 200 bucks you cheapskates."

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We shall see, there's real life and Pinside. I'll be interested in the sales ...I'M hearing a ton of people saying "it's only 200 bucks you cheapskates."

I'm hearing, "well, it's actually cheaper because I don't have to drop $400 on a ColorDMD."

#344 7 years ago

Haha...you can't write this shit

#345 7 years ago

You guys in the US crack me up complaining about a couple of hundred bucks here and there. Everybody else around the world has taken a 40% or more price hike over the last three years. Sales are starting to slow now. But that's after massive increases. There's no way Stern's US sales are under threat from recent prices. Oversupply maybe, but price? Gimme a break.

AS pro AUD 8300
ACDC pro AUD 5200

60% increase.

#346 7 years ago

Just because your increase is more, doesn't change our point. If I wasn't on Pinside I wouldn't have to listen to Canadians, Brits, and men at works telling me how much they pay I still wouldn't be happy.

Or is this another Stern tactic? "Welp I guess we don't pay as much as other countries...thanks Stern?"

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just because your increase is more, doesn't change our point. If I wasn't on Pinside I wouldn't have to listen to Canadians, Brits, and men at works telling me how much they pay I still wouldn't be happy.

Granted, it doesn't change how you feel about it, but my point is towards the prices affecting sales. That ain't going to happen.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Granted, it doesn't change how you feel about it, but my point is towards the prices affecting sales. That ain't going to happen.

Oh I agree with you completely.

#349 7 years ago

I would say Aerosmith was still pretty popular into early 2000 . How many bands have a roller coaster at Disney named after them .

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok Kermit, what's the goddamn secret to getting a new GBLE playfield from Stern, seeing as you are the ONLY motherf*cker to somehow get a new one, let alone one without problems, here on Pinside. Do tell.. I'm all ears.. what did you do? Because all I've heard is run around for months and they could give two shits about getting me a new playfield, and it literally is dissinegrating before my very eyes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up/page/7?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.