Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Russell
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN5235 (resized).JPG
IMG_4311 (resized).JPG
A8B9D37F-F021-4F71-A7E2-B5ADB19D9816-3635-00000900661A3EC3_tmp (resized).png
AS (resized).png
8bdd3af7103555e98e1ea0c3947d4bca55f58bda (resized).png
skittles (resized).jpg
Speakers (resized).jpg
Goldfish-floating-in-bowl-on-a-white-background (resized).jpg
as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The more video I watch of this game, the more I realize it really is KISS 2.0.

Looks like there's crank it up modes like MET. I'd take a MET 2.0. Haha

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does anybody think Stern will ever make another machine themed after something from the 21st century again? Or even the latter part of the 20th century?

I certainly hope not, SW OG way better than than the new stuff, Night and Return of the living Dead better than TWD, real music vs shit music, ST OG movies kick the crao out of the new ones, of the recent material I would like to see a Deadpool which is by far the best Marvel movie ever made, see I'm trying to think of something else I've watched or listened to lately that has any excitement about it what so ever......................nope nothing, at least nothing that would actually be made into a pin, there's a ton of 90's themes just waiting to be done, I also think video games could be translated into some great themes for pinball.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

7) Upper playfield reminds me distinctly of the Chicken Bucket area in Rob Zombie's Spookshow International game.

Yeah me too if the RZ upper playfield actually had stuff on it. I think it looks more like the WOZ munchkin playfield. Interested to see how the ball is supposed to hit those stand ups that seem blocked off from the flipper.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

there's a ton of 90's themes just waiting to be done

I agree. But they may feel the need to finish up with the 60s and 70s first. And by then it may be the 22nd century.

#155 2 years ago

I liked Aerosmith back in high school. Haven't listened to them lately. I'd give this game a few plays. Looks like fun.

#156 2 years ago

I wonder if they will have this on display and playable at CES this week, guess I'll have to find time to visit the stern booth

#157 2 years ago

If Stern ever builds a Police Pinball, you can be sure it will have Ghosting in the Machine.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not much of a complainer, but I love roasting shit when I see it.
Does anybody think Stern will ever make another machine themed after something from the 21st century again? Or even the latter part of the 20th century?

Perhaps they will do Guardians of the Galaxy. The preview for the sequel was pretty funny.

#159 2 years ago

This machine does look amazing! If it was Jimi Hendrix in this style I'd be all over it!

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If Stern ever builds a Police Pinball, you can be sure it will have Ghosting in the Machine.

#161 2 years ago

That lock mechanism that shoots the ball into the chest is pretty cool.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

5-5200 delivered.... by now everyone sld know msrp isnt the price...

He knows. He is just trolling.

#163 2 years ago

Does anyone else think of the Jackson 5 cartoon when they see the LCD screen?

IMG_1458 (resized).JPG

IMG_1459 (resized).JPG

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what I thought. I'd rather watch Catdog re-runs.

Catdog.... Classic show

#165 2 years ago

Aside from the back glass, it looks pretty bland and uninspired to me. I love Aerosmith, but am going to pass on this one. GBLE and BM66 are enough unfinished code for one gameroom, and I had told myself no more new Sterns anyway, just from a financial standpoint. I think I will just buy the back glass, frame it, fire up Pandora, and save myself a few grand.

#166 2 years ago

Anyone for a Fat Albert pinball? I'm sure Bill could use the money.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Animations remind me of Beavis and Butthead too.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I knew it looked like some crappy animation I might have seen before.

6520f1c1d6154ba1e3eb0c1f063ff7ca (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago

Looks awesome.

But what do I know, I am not an old man desperately attempting to remain relevant by bashing a retro theme.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Looks awesome.
But what do I know, I am not an old man desperately attempting to remain relevant by bashing a retro theme.

Aaaaaaahh , I am. FK 50

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Looks awesome.

Haha. Looks great to me; better than Kiss. (moar steroids!)

I thought Kiss played fine too. Not every pin can be one of Lyman's masterpiece's, nor should it be to enjoy it.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

See attached. Don't shoot the messenger.

Aewsome

#173 2 years ago

Where did this all go wrong? Am I just getting old? Or am I just bored after a long day at work? I looked at the layout, and watched the video. It just didn't trigger desire to play it. I want to play BM66 (though I don't want to buy it). But this one looks kind of like a mess. I'd say it's the mini playfield that hurts it, but the graphics don't do it for me either.

And it's funny, I had put my GOT Pro on the market, and it didn't sell. So it's still here, and looks way more interesting than this game. I knew I probably wouldn't like it because of theme, but I don't like AC/DC because of theme, but I love that game. Crazy times.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

what do I know, I am not an old man desperately attempting to remain relevant by bashing a retro theme.

Hey what do I know? I am just glad I'm not an old man desperately trying to relive my youth buying these high dollar monuments to a band that was pretty much washed up by the 80s.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey what do I know? I am just glad I'm not an old man desperately trying to relive my youth buying these high dollar monuments to a band that was pretty much washed up by the 80s.

You go for the young man's 50's themes Odiner! Cool Hand Odin.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You go for the young man's 50's themes Odiner! Cool Hand Odin.

There must be some kind of generation gap in pinball. I remember listening to Aerosmith like 40 years ago. Barely....

#177 2 years ago

I love seeing people justifying the $5200 Pro price once the MSRP is explained.

How's this for explanation:

Iron Man - 2010 - Pro MSRP: $4799
Aerosmith - 2017 - Pro STREET price: roughly $5200

They have surpassed the MSRP price from 7 years ago with today's street price by $400.

I know what I'm going to do: buy as many of my "wanted" B/W 92-98 games as fast as possible before everyone realizes "Whoa, holy shit. This game w/o updated code, broken clearcoat, and insert ghosting is not worth $5200."

More dollars than sense...

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I love seeing people justifying the $5200 Pro price once the MSRP is explained.
How's this for explanation:
Iron Man - 2010 - Pro MSRP: $4799
Aerosmith - 2017 - Pro STREET price: roughly $5200
They have surpassed the MSRP price from 7 years ago with today's street price by $400.
I know what I'm going to do: buy as many of my "wanted" B/W 92-98 games as fast as possible before everyone realizes "Whoa, holy shit. This game w/o updated code, broken clearcoat, and insert ghosting is not worth $5200."
More dollars than sense...

You sound like a broken record and an insane person. Inflation, one of the most basic tenets of US capitalistic economics disagrees with you. Spike is better, cleaner than SAM. LCD is better than dots. Ghosting was a problem with one supplier, that's been rectified. Your only valid concern is code.

#179 2 years ago

Wow- Pro all the way. Seems like the upper playfield on the premium just gets in the way and slows down the game. Reminds me of the GOT Upper PF which got boing kinda quick. Like the art on all versions though.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You sound like a broken record and an insane person. Inflation, one of the most basic tenets of US capitalistic economics disagrees with you. Spike is better, cleaner than SAM. LCD is better than dots. Ghosting was a problem with one supplier, that's been rectified. Your only valid concern is code.

And price increases having a ripple effect on the entire used pinball market. That cannot be denied either.

And I don't appreciate personal attacks for stating my opinion. I could blast you for all the modding you do to your games, but you don't see me disrespecting you.

Don't like me for "being a broken record" - put me on ignore. No need to be rude to me for having an opinion - plain and simple.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Wow- Pro all the way. Seems like the upper playfield on the premium just gets in the way and slows down the game. Reminds me of the GOT Upper PF which got boing kinda quick. Like the art on all versions though.

I predict LE and Premiums will be rare as they will not sell well. Pro may sell well.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I don't know... have you seen how sh#$ty most of the new cartoons look these days? I won't even address the idiotic glib dialogue...
I miss classical music and expression through subtle body language and sound.

I have kids, plus I straight up like cartoons. You're insane. Animation on TV has never been better, so much quality now compared to when I was a kid in the late 70s early 80s. There is a glut of quality shows with great art and original writing. They broke the mold with Chuck Jones, no doubt, but modern animation is amazing. Sure as fuck wasn't anything like Adventure Time when I was a kid.

#183 2 years ago

Since the layout looks like Kiss, maybe they will finish the Kiss code and run it on both pins.

FWIW Not buying another Stern until the Kiss code is complete.

#184 2 years ago

That new back box is the ugliest thing I've even seen and those big ass speaker grills are hideous

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And price increases having a ripple effect on the entire used pinball market. That cannot be denied either.
And I don't appreciate personal attacks for stating my opinion. I could blast you for all the modding you do to your games, but you don't see me disrespecting you.
Don't like me for "being a broken record" - put me on ignore. No need to be rude to me for having an opinion - plain and simple.

Ignoring facts lacks sanity dude. Not a blast, trying to help you understand, sincerely. Inflation is real. I don't care if you don't like my mods or my style, those are my choices, not facts.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Ignoring facts lacks sanity dude. Not a blast, trying to help you understand, sincerely. Inflation is real. I don't care if you don't like my mods or my style, those are my choices, not facts.

I'm lazy. I admit it. Run the inflation calculator for us. Show us it's inflation. I'll give you props if you're right.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don't feel that the price increases Stern has been pulling the last 2 years are anywhere near fair, given the QC issues, the code hangups, the lack of games getting out to the market at an expeditious rate, and the continual scaling back of raw material quality/withdrawal of features on their games.

I understand that a company is out to make money, but there's a difference between capitalism and fleecing your prime market. There are entire threads on this, and I am definitely not the only one that feels this way.

We're going to agree to disagree here; you have your factual opinion, and I have mine. I do appreciate your clarification regarding your original response. As far as I'm concerned, we're cool.

#188 2 years ago

Todays premiums are yesterdays pros

I always keep that in mind when discussing pricing history

#189 2 years ago

Attacking no-one. Inflation exists, it impacts essentially every purchase you've ever made in your entire life (esp as an American and less directly so in other countries.)

IMG_0339 (resized).PNG

#190 2 years ago

Problem is games cost 4K in 2010, not 4800. They were 3700 in 2008. Run those numbers thru your lil calculator...

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Problem is games cost 4K in 2010, not 4800. They were 3700 in 2008. Run those numbers thru your lil calculator...

True if you were able to get a NIB for $4000 then yes there's some markup involved. I don't know, wasn't anywhere near the hobby then. But I can tell you that I'm proof that demand is a lot higher now... which introduces an even more basic concept of economics. Not trying to be an as-s. It's the internet and the typed word. I'm trying to help ppl understand the prices aren't that bad. (Yes the code delays are that bad)
Anyone think 2010 SAM with red dots is as good as 2017 spike with LCD ? They're entitled to that opinion. I don't agree with that one.

IMG_0342 (resized).PNG

IMG_0343 (resized).PNG

#192 2 years ago

I don't like the looks of that upper playfield at all. Granted, i had a FGY and hated it because of Stewie pinball...just got old and repetitive, but I know some people love it.

#193 2 years ago

Uh... the finger in that wrinkle cream ad looks like a wang.

That is all.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I wonder if they will have this on display and playable at CES this week, guess I'll have to find time to visit the stern booth

They do, they posted a video of it o their Facebook.

#195 2 years ago

Take the 2007 cost of a game. Back then all games were fully featured. Enter that # into the inflation calc

Then compare it to the 2017 cost of a fully featured PREMIUM game

That's the best apples to apples comparison IMO

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

True if you were able to get a NIB for $4000 then yes there's some markup involved. I don't know, wasn't anywhere near the hobby then.

I was, and that's what they cost. If you weren't anywhere near the hobby then, did that 4800 figure come from your as-s?

Quoted from ATLpb:

But I can tell you that I'm proof that demand is a lot higher now... which introduces an even more basic concept of economics.

I eagerly await your proof. You know, facts.. figures, data collection and analysis. Stuff that shows the entry of newbies like yourself isn't being offset by those getting out of the hobby. I'm not saying you're wrong.. just.. prove it

Quoted from ATLpb:

Anyone think 2010 SAM with red dots is as good as 2017 spike with LCD ? They're entitled to that opinion. I don't agree with that one.

TWD with red dots is better than any/all Spike games. My opinion, but likely shared by others.

Your calc shows pro games should be around 4500 .. if we're seeing 5200 street, it's a 700 or so increase. Some of that is necessary for increased content production costs (already hearing criticisms of the LCD animations on ASmith), some to pay for investing in the new facility, some to pay post-2010 investors, some to hire a gaggle of coders that still can't seem to finish games completely.... So not too unexpected

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have kids, plus I straight up like cartoons. You're insane. Animation on TV has never been better, so much quality now compared to when I was a kid in the late 70s early 80s. There is a glut of quality shows with great art and original writing. They broke the mold with Chuck Jones, no doubt, but modern animation is amazing. Sure as fuck wasn't anything like Adventure Time when I was a kid.

How bout Clutch Cargo or Speed racer...
Edit: You are probably too young to remember those shows

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was, and that's what they cost. If you weren't anywhere near the hobby then, did that 4800 figure come from your as-s?

I eagerly await your proof. You know, facts.. figures, data collection and analysis. Stuff that shows the entry of newbies like yourself isn't being offset by those getting out of the hobby. I'm not saying you're wrong.. just.. prove it

TWD with red dots is better than any/all Spike games. My opinion, but likely shared by others.
Your calc shows pro games should be around 4500 .. if we're seeing 5200 street, it's a 700 or so increase. Some of that is necessary for increased content production costs (already hearing criticisms of the LCD animations on ASmith), some to pay for investing in the new facility, some to pay post-2010 investors, some to hire a gaggle of coders that still can't seem to finish games completely.... So not too unexpected

1) got the 4800 from someone else above in thread. He quoted msrp.
2) I don't have hard numbers but are you challenging that as many games were sold in 2010 as were in 2016? How about convention attendance? How about some sales from pinball life, Marco, etc. they don't care about our petty discussion but I would bet anything they do a lot more sales to a lot more different unique paying customers in '16 than they did in '10. You really think enough hobbyists left to offset new people like me? Isnt Batman 66's sales demand success enough proof of the $'s that are now into this hobby. Accept that your hobby has grown. It is ok!
3) yes TWD with red dots is amazing. I'm more so saying that I would rather have it as Spike with LCD and pay a little more for it. I'm also not alone.

#199 2 years ago

Dirty donnie rules at ponball art design .. I dig it .... cool them great looking game ...

#200 2 years ago

Pro all the way. All the premium differences are tied up with the upper playfield. This will be up there with Met as one of the best pros.
No spinner gimping,
No drop target gimping(talking about target banks, not the single approach to the upper playfield),
No ramp gimping,
Lock it in now, pro will be the runaway success!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 12.75
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
York, PA
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
York, SC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside