as_grilles (resized).png
microwave_bottom (resized).png
guitar-hero-aerosmith-20080629112827104 (resized).jpg
guitarheroaerosmith_5a (resized).jpg
143368_screenshot_07_l (resized).jpg
61AiaJqIfDL__AC_SX215_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0343 (resized).PNG
IMG_0342 (resized).PNG
There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You're saying there's no R&D costs for evolving to an LCD? Gomez disagrees.
You're also saying there's no R&D costs for evolving to Spike 2.0? Gomez disagrees.

There was , the consumers paid for it on 66.

#102 7 years ago

Here is a little clip with Joe Perry of Aerosmith talking about pinball...I bet he's getting an LE.

#103 7 years ago

Pro looks exceptionally Nice and Fast!

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That's the Kiss layout!
3 pops on the left. Center ramp. Star child shot left of center ramp. Genes fat head on right shot.
Scoop on bottom left like kiss.
Dude looks like a Kiss VE. Lol.
Who knows, hope it's really fun!

The one thing I couldn't stand about the Kiss pin was the 3 pops on the left and essentially your left orbit was through the 3 pops. Brutal high risk shot but I also thought it eliminated half the playfield.
I'm starting to appreciate my gble even more now.
If you buy one, you have to put it right next to your Kiss and see which code gets finished first. Lol!
Sorry Stern I couldn't resist. I'm still a big fan.
Batman code is a long ways away but I'm willing to wait for it because of Lyman's genius.
Who s doing this one? Same as Kiss?

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So the new larger display in this game and games going forward are in color?

Yes. Welcome.

#106 7 years ago

I might have to raise my marketplace prices! LOL

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

The price increase is cheaper than buying a color dmd for the game. The couple hundred bucks is well worth the display they put on these games plus coloring direct from the factory. Its amazing that people cry about every little price increase and never look at what your gaining in return. What other business does not increase prices year after year? What is it a 3% increase?
The code complaints are valid as well as the ghosting complaints, I agree that at no matter what the price they should be providing a product that is more finished, however they do eventually make it right. If your not okay with that journey than do not buy.

Agree. But Stern has raised the prices consistently over the past several years with NO upgrade to the game... and if anything, has removed features/things that cost money.

Between this and Batman, I'm happy... I have no interest in either one of these titles.

#108 7 years ago

pros are already in eBay for 5699 and I know distributors selling for 5200. A pro with a LCD display for 5200 doesn't seem Terrible.

#109 7 years ago

Looks great..... But since Stern has increased prices and took the ceiling value out of the LE theres really not much cense in me preordering before I play. Pre or pro will depend on how they progress and play.

#110 7 years ago

I hate the theme but i hate dialed in theme and think the game is awesome. The premium looks rad, interesting layout in reverse of alot of games.

#111 7 years ago

6200 and Lonnie Roop the flop on code. Kiss 2.0 here we come. Can't wait to quote this comment next year when the code is still garbage.

It's a shame cause I think the art and layout look neat. I just have lived this story already.

Hard pass.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

6200 and Lonnie Roop the flop on code. Kiss 2.0 here we come. Can't wait to quote this comment next year when the code is still garbage.
It's a shame cause I think the art and layout look neat. I just have lived this story already.
Hard pass.

5-5200 delivered.... by now everyone sld know msrp isnt the price...

#113 7 years ago

Kiss 2.0

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Hard pass.

THATS some funny shit there.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

5-5200 delivered.... by now everyone sld know msrp isnt the price...

You would think but some people just love complaining.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

some people just love complaining.

I'm not much of a complainer, but I love roasting shit when I see it.

Does anybody think Stern will ever make another machine themed after something from the 21st century again? Or even the latter part of the 20th century?

#117 7 years ago

I may be the only one to say this but the more I look at the playfield the more my eyes start to burn. It's too much for me lol. Awesome looking layout.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does anybody think Stern will ever make another machine themed after something from the 21st century again?

Star Wars will be new. GOT was new. TWD was new.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Star Wars will be new.

I vaguely remember 1977 when it was new.

#120 7 years ago

All the animations on the lcd look like crap.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

All the animations on the lcd look like crap.

That's what I thought. I'd rather watch Catdog re-runs.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I meant it will be off the new movie force awakens. They've made more movies since the first one.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I meant it will be off the new movie force awakens.

Aren't they a little late then?

#124 7 years ago

Pro is the winner out of 3.

I like the look of the pin, but I have MET Premium and a loaded Tron. I can't see how Lonnie can code this game better than MET. That's the gold standard.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I meant it will be off the new movie force awakens. They've made more movies since the first one.

I think it's supposed to be based on Episodes IV, V, and VI.

The Dirty Donny art, for me, is just too much. I said the same on GB, MET, and with this machine. Just not for me. True, the GOT playfield art was lame, but there's gotta be a happy medium that's not lame but also not so busy.

#126 7 years ago

nevermind had the wrong idea

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Aren't they a little late then?

Looks like per beez it will be based off the original trilogy which will be disapponting for my step daughter and nephews as I've told them otherwise. Haha.

My point was to remind you that stern doesn't always do old stuff.

#128 7 years ago

Rouge One pin would be cool since that movie was a one off.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief. $6200 for the pro?

If they sell their "the pin" line for what they used to charge for pro model pins....where else did you think they were going with that?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Dirty Donny art, for me, is just too much.

Like I always say, why settle for a cheap copy when the original was so much better.

#131 7 years ago

Hey, looks like the DMD era is now in the past!

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Hey, looks like the DMD era is now in the past!

And it's been replaced by cartoons even our kids won't want to watch.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Looks like fun but for that money... Dream On!

Best pun so far

#134 7 years ago

I do like the artwork and the songs could be much worse. Still, I am holding off until Stern can show that they have a handle on their qc issues. If that actually happens then picking this up on the secondary market in a year or two might be the best strategy for me. I figure by that time the "Wheres the Aerosmith Code" thread ought to be pages deep. Kiss 2.0 sounds about right.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know... have you seen how sh#$ty most of the new cartoons look these days? I won't even address the idiotic glib dialogue...

I miss classical music and expression through subtle body language and sound.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I don't know... have you seen how sh#$ty most of the new cartoons look these days?

I watched the video.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just need to make a Sasha Grey pinball next!

#138 7 years ago

Another Lonnie game. Those modes looked like the same rehashed code. Only 9 songs.

Art looks great. Lonnie on code and animations make me undecided on game. I hear code is finished. This makes BM66 look like a huge winner.

#139 7 years ago

This theme/ title is not for me but I hope everyone who has been waiting on this game is stoked with it.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Hard pass.

I want to like it... But when I hear the super ramps fanfare is exactly the same as KISS as well as the bonus count sounding the same, I have to wonder what else is going to 'be the same'? The multiball rules from KISS were basically the same as ST, so will they be the same for AS? The game has Super Targets mode the same as KISS....... I already owned KISS - I don't want to own it again....

Rob

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Another Lonnie game. Those modes looked like the same rehashed code. Only 9 songs.
Art looks great. Lonnie on code and animations make me undecided on game. I hear code is finished. This makes BM66 look like a huge winner.

The more video I watch of this game, the more I realize it really is KISS 2.0.

Rob

#142 7 years ago

I'm actually really impressed with everything about it. Not a huge fan of the band although I like them enough to consider this. Prob not new though.

Stern is going to kill it with this one assuming table plays well. Their themes have been really good recently as far as mass appeal.

Edit just reading about kiss similarities. If so too bad...

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I would not be surprised if that area comes mylared from the factory.

Did they mylar the drop area of the warp ramp? I don't think so...

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This theme/ title is not for me but I hope everyone who has been waiting on this game is stoked with it.

Best comment of the thread

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You have been inhaling too much EM coil dust.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

If there are super targets it is definitely a Lonnie game. I'll even bet there are super pops and a super spinner mode.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did they mylar the drop area of the warp ramp? I don't think so...

That's a smooth controlled feed, though. Almost no different than a ball launch that hops off a small incline. I forget if IJ4 had mylar in the ark area...based on recent playfield issues, I'd probably mylar that area if it doesn't come with it.

#148 7 years ago

I would have loved this pin ........ In 8th grade

#149 7 years ago

Have to play Aerosmith to judge the game but here are my initial impressions starting with the good:
1) LCD is here for good and should have been here 8 years ago or so. Still it's here now yay!
2) The songs are pretty good. I'm a fan of Aerosmith.
3) The artwork is pretty impressive.

The bad:
1) It's exactly the same layout nearly as KISS. Not exactly a bad thing because that is a great game but still, it's nearly a retheme at least in my opinion.
2) Who thought it was a good idea to put in a psycho killer jester clown? Yes I know it's a toy for the "Toys in the Attic" song thing but Aerosmith is not metal which brings me to the 3rd point.
3) Killer jester is Sparkys brother or another center bash toy. Opens up for MB like Indiana Jones 4 too but I'll let that pass.
4) Sound effects heavily borrowed from KISS and AC/DC.
5) The LCD animations. I liked the static images and cartoony images that people hated for Batman '66. I allowed that because it's a homage to the original Batman comics. However 8yr drawings "rocking out" to my $8k toy is NOT cool at all. Like NOT at all. I would have clips of actual concerts.
6) Callouts are the same guy from KISS which doesn't sound Aerosmith'y. Get Steven Tyler to do the callouts or something.
7) Upper playfield reminds me distinctly of the Chicken Bucket area in Rob Zombie's Spookshow International game.

I mean you put THIS, YES THIS, the actual music video in the background and the points/text/whatever as the overlay:

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I would have loved this pin ........ In 8th grade

You could have put it next to your Kiss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.