IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

I think all have or should have indicators. If you run out of time the crank it up hole lights up - go for that to change song and get another 30 seconds. You can adjust the time of play of each song in the adjustments menu.

I have had 2 problems so far The highest score registers "wwwwwwww" no matter what you type in and my "s" target
Sticker has exited. No real problems. My GB has been absolutely trouble free. AS will definitely make you a better player.
Really good game.

It SEEMS you can do much better going to 4 ball multiball over 3 ball then filling the crank it up hole as often as you can. This is how I've gotten my highest scores.

The sound is good out of the box but I'll be adding a powered sub but I'm kind of a music nut.

The GB dot matrix looks a bit dated compared to the AS screen. Animations are really good with AS.

This is about all after 5 days of ownership

#23 7 years ago

With Sweet Emotion the three center upper playfield lights should be red as well as the crank it hole. The lights should go out as you shoot them and remain out unless you hit them all then they will reset.

With Saddle the right lane upper should be yellow.
If you hit it it will move to another position.

#24 7 years ago

Also you must usually complete the song then hit crank it hole - the "select track" will be lit. Then you can use flippers to change song.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Anyone else getting about 75% rejects into the toy box to lock a ball? Mine goes left and out 3 out of 4 times at least.

Try adj - aero - #4. I think that's it. Lower power about 80 to about 120 or so. Raise if necessary. Toy Box Diverter.
Not 100% sure of this but I think this will do it..

If anyone comes up with a free play card for AS please post

1 month later
#131 6 years ago

I have Pinnovators on all my pins except AS. Well worth the wait until they have an AS system.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Cabinet braces? Haven't heard about this, can someone explain?

Check the Stern Cabinet thread

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I've got an LE on the way. Are there any game specific set up tips/tweaks that I should make( I already know about the cabinet braces)? Is this the "go to" thread for AS?

I had to turn down the power to the Jackie box so the ball hits almost every time. It seems to be set too high from the factory and the ball hits to the left and pops out. I also set the high score settings to 10 letters instead of the usual 3. That's really about all. Also you can set treble and bass to your liking

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Sweet! After setting up GB, I look forward to just small tweaks and playing. How do you adjust Bass and Treble? This is news to me

I don't really remember and I'm not near my AS right now. But I think I looked in the adjustments menu and couldn't find it so I just opened the door like when you adjust volume up and down and I happened across it while adjusting the volume. I hope someone else can give you specific instructions as it's a bit hard to find.

3 months later
#391 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Two random questions for AS owners...
1) Is there a sub hookup on the machine from the factory? I thought I read there was one of Star Wars... wasn't sure about AS.
2) What does the DUDE light above the scoop do/signify?

I'm waiting for Pinnovator's to provide a proper sub-hook up and thru the door volume control for AS. But I guess you could tap into the 2 leads in the lower cabinet speaker if you can't wait.

1 month later
#592 6 years ago

Is there a way to increase flipper power - all I see is "coil pulse power"

1 year later
#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I really want to pull the pin on this gorgeous looking machine but there is one thing that spoils it for me slightly.......
The Dude Looks Like a Lady Animations .... WTF!
It looks like you have some lovely looking babes dancing which then unveil to be some ugly beer gut middle aged geezers dancing - just not cool
With the new code release, whats the call outs like with the ball drains etc... as I believe these were lacking prior to the latest code?

My guess is they were trying to stay to theme but I'd also like to see more of the girl dancer (she's cartoon HOT) and less of the guys But that's really nitpicking. Aerosmith has become my absolute favorite.

2 months later
#2385 5 years ago

I took 10 seconds off the "easier" songs like Rats, Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle. This makes it a little easier to get the Tour multiball. Usually I start with "Walk This Way" to light Super Ramps and save multiball for the harder songs like Emotion.

1 week later
#2394 5 years ago

I only have a few pins but AS is the one I start up first and play the most. Once you dial the play times for the various songs in (don't rely on the factory settings) it's great fun. It has a nice, wide open playfield and simple, color coded rules. My GB is a very good pin overall but the upper playfield is a bit crowded - I guess the mfg's try to give you more but I like a clean playfield - but that's just me. If you are an Aerosmith fan this pin is a real keeper.

1 week later
#2421 5 years ago

I would go to the adjustments menu and reduce "Walk this Way", "Rats", "Same old song", "Back in the Saddle" to 40 seconds (from factory 50 seconds) - the less time for each mode the more likely you can "Get your Wings". Also cut on the adult language unless there are kids around. (WTF!)

You should be able to right cradle and hit the right ramp - I had to adjust my flippers a bit.

Otherwise enjoy! It's a great game!

1 month later
#2478 5 years ago

What are the 2 symbols on each side of the screen for? ( The Tiki guy, die, coin, Music symbol)

1 week later
#2485 4 years ago

I just adjusted my right flipper (again) . This game is much more enjoyable as long as you can right cradle and make the right ramp 70% of the time or so. If you can't, adjust the right flipper in small increments and test with the glass off. In general raising the flipper gives you more strength and control as long as you don't go too far then it's difficult to right flip to the left scoop.

1 month later
#2519 4 years ago

It's way up on my like list as well. I like how clean and open the playfield is. A well placed shot is rewarded. Some pins are too jam packed with stuff for me. I guess the people that come up with the design want to give you more and more but sometimes less is better. I cut off my Ghostbusters Scoleri brothers 'cause I hate stuff popping up and blocking my shot.

4 weeks later
#2548 4 years ago

Congrats on your new Aerosmith. It's a game that the more you play the more you like. Try each song at factory settings (50 seconds I think) but reduce the "easier" songs to 40 seconds or so makes it easier to reach final tour. AS is my favorite so far( but my quest is not over.)

1 month later
#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Here's one magent cover, but I m think the same guy also did a peace sign version as well.
If anyone wants to email, and find out if be curious to know too.
ebay.com link

Neat looking but $4.99 shipping for a flat decal??

#2571 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

My pro vault is shooting the ball SDTM from the elevator scoop. I adjusted the power already. Any suggestions?
Yes, I tried google before asking here.

Try reducing the power to almost nothing then gradually increase

#2572 4 years ago

Adjust with the glass off and manually insert the ball in the scoop 10 times or so. Then make needed changes.

#2582 4 years ago

I think it's a better game if you cut some time off the "easier" songs and make sure you can right flipper the right ramp. AS didn't wow me at first - I thought it was pretty good but like others this game grows on you. I really like the clean open field lay out - GB ticks me off just a bit because it's hard to see the PKE lanes. But somehow, GB and AS really complement each other well - Sometimes I like a lot of stuff going on and sometimes I like the simplicity of AS.

1 month later
#2612 4 years ago

I just added a powered subwoofer - awesome!

#2614 4 years ago

I think any music theme pin is begging for a powered sub. I split my sub between AS and GB. It even helps GB a lot - you hear things you didn't notice before.

2 months later
#2654 4 years ago

Just wanted to pass this along - the Marco AS re rubber kits do not include the 3 post rubbers (on each side right ramp and between elevator and upper scoop). When you order the kit find the proper replacement when you order to avoid another service/mailing charge. You can flip these over and reinstall and get a little more use but otherwise get the NAPA part # 715-1803 3/16" Vacuum caps and snip off the ends at the molding line - they fit exactly but spray with WD40 to aid installation. You can also buy 3/16" vacuum line but it is very slightly fatter and the right ramp is difficult enough. Either of these are made with denser rubber in case you're a purist but don't seem to affect game play.

1 week later
#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Has anyone ordered the Titan kit for their pro? I'm considering the one below and want to know if anyone found it missing pieces.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/852

Compared to the Marco kit you get the 3 post sleeves which is great because they wear the most. You also get 2 more 3/16 inch rubber rings. It appears you're missing the 6 grommets - the very small but fat rings near the out lanes. Marco DOES supply these.

#2670 4 years ago

BTW - Isn't this game great! WAY underrated.

#2675 4 years ago

Do you mean the 7/16" OD rings?

Sorrry ! The grommets go on the underside and fit the coil stops - check the elevator or scoop plunger on the underside. The marco kit has these. These rarely would go bad however so I wouldn't bother unless you're a purist. Your kit seems complete compared to the Marco kit. Neither kit has the 4 post rubbers nearest Jackie but these are fairly hidden and not subject to wear. Your kit DOES has the other 3 post rubbers however and these are very important.

1 week later
#2681 4 years ago

Anybody have a source for the "o" or "s" small target plastics just below the lowest pop bumper?

1 week later
#2691 4 years ago

I haven't found any AS plastics available except the Jackie head and toy box lid. I'm trying to contact Stern direct - 'will let you know if I have any success.

#2694 4 years ago

Stern got back to me in less than a day (YEAH STERN!) Parts can be ordered though any dealer according to them. If you need a part # call Stern at 800-542-5377 or us the "Contact Us" at the Stern website

1 month later
#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I joined the club. Picked up my HUO premium today. Love the game!
Couple questions - auto launch without nudge toward end goes around and thru pops maybe hits one and right drain. Lol..
Lock misses making shot into toybox many times.. any tricks[quoted image]

You can reduce the speed of the auto launch in the adjustments menu. Also you can increase or decrease the lock box ball launch strength so it's makes it most of the time. In most cases you will need to reduce this power from factory settings to make it satisfactory. Also, if an elevator ball goes SDTM too often reduce the strength so it dribbles down to the right flipper.

#2738 4 years ago

Feature adj>Aero>#56 ball launch power
#8 Right Eject Power
Also there are time adjustments for each song, the default is "50" but you'll want to shorten that a bit for the "easy" songs like "walk this way" "Back in the saddle" "rats", "Same old song and dance" - I have these set at "40".
BTW - I DO have a pro so things might be different for premium. This is my favorite pin, I hope it'll be your's too

2 weeks later
#2767 4 years ago

I just had a great game! 'Finished (not timed out) 6 of the 7 songs, 8 seconds left on the last song on the first ball. Final score was 1.3 Billion but I have this pin set on 5 balls...the only pin I have not set on 3 - I like getting "my wings" every 30 games or so and 5 balls allows this at my old, old, old age.

8 months later
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

sell this game before Led Zep drops. you will thank me later....

No, I enjoy this game too much. Planning to add Led Zep though.

1 month later
#3230 3 years ago

Early AS and GB were prone to split their seams. I imagine they beefed up the leg hardware backside the joint or altered their cabinet process. 'Not sure if that's what you're asking.

3 weeks later
#3263 3 years ago

Alright. I'm going to start with a fresh file and re-encode the videos.

It's just a sticker and used a short time. My original AS bought very early has the "30". My replacement which was
signed by the design team does not.
(Sorry, wrong quote)

PXL_20201226_131117800 (resized).jpgPXL_20201226_131117800 (resized).jpgPXL_20201226_131235442 (resized).jpgPXL_20201226_131235442 (resized).jpg
#3264 3 years ago

I just noticed the change from blue to purple also

#3266 3 years ago

My GBpre arrived the same time and has the 30 year sticker also.

#3291 3 years ago

Howdy! 'Just wanted to say how much I like Aerosmith, 'bought it when it first came out. It's my "beer"machine. Mine is put on 5 balls so I get to "tour" about once in 20 games and final tour once in 50 or so. Put on 2 player though it's only me, one game takes one beer...but two if I really concentrate. I'm 68 so my coordination isn't getting better. If you don't really like this game try setting to 4 or 5 balls before giving up on it - it's really pretty good. I've got a LZ on order an only hope it's as good as AS.

#3300 3 years ago

Mine broke too

1 month later
#3306 3 years ago

I don't see "music" either but if you haven't already add a sub- it'll sound better regardless.

#3310 3 years ago

Check out "degaussing" - there are several videos on Youtube. It almost looks like it's catching on the ramp above but that's probably just the picture angle.

#3312 3 years ago

Assuming you're doing the paper clip test on the lane guide and sure that's what's doing it, your guide is sucking up a lot of magnetic energy from somewhere. Check under the
Playfield in that area with your paper clip.
As mentioned above the switch wire might need adjusting.
I've never seen a guide do this. Maybe the left flipper coil under playfield is magnetized??

1 month later
#3354 3 years ago

Just a wild guess here- The toy chest has to have a way of counting how many balls are in there. Maybe do a switch test and place balls one at a time in the toy box to see if each ball registers. If one ball is not being counted it could lock things up and make it go into ball search mode, hence the ball dump.

2 months later
#3434 2 years ago

My original back box lights started cutting off so I installed these from Cointaker. They really look nice, especially the blue, purple around the edges. They are interactive to a point.

PXL_20210614_181122102 (resized).jpgPXL_20210614_181122102 (resized).jpgPXL_20210614_181711296 (resized).jpgPXL_20210614_181711296 (resized).jpg
#3436 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll need to come by next month and check that out in person. Picture looks good.

Great! My OBX place is always open to Pinsiders. Getting DP this Thursday.

#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:can you say more, even better, show us (video)
tanx

I can't seem to upload mpv file. If you know a way I'll be glad to post.

2 weeks later
#3472 2 years ago

Not any game is made for everyone but I think this one was made for me. I bought it new 5 years ago and it'll never leave. I love the multiballs choice - go with the 3 balls or hold out for 4,5,6. Complete each song or leave some songs partially done to speed towards final tour and the bonus it gives. If you don't love this game maybe set it to 4 or 5 balls and try it before you get rid of it. This game is underated IMO.

#3474 2 years ago

A subwoofer makes a big difference to any pin. Pinnovators has a splitter where you can put 4 or so pins on one subwoofer.

#3479 2 years ago

I've never seen mine come out the top on rebound unless there's already a ball in the elevator . I'd make sure there's not a raised lip or something launching the ball at the VUK or the
back board thingy might need to be bent so it faces down more.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

Adjust the VUK power until it delivers to the right spot most of the time. Mine still goes SDTM but only about 5 to 10 percent of the time.

#3486 2 years ago

Oh yeah, I once adjusted it so it would dribble down to the
right flipper but then if you got 2 balls at a time in the elevator, like in multiballs, there's not enough power to eject either ball so stay with targeting the left flipper

#3489 2 years ago

No, just VUK power. Set it very low and it will go to right flipper but not recommended.

2 weeks later
#3521 2 years ago

"Toss of the dice" from AS "What it takes"...not sure if this is the connection though

1 week later
#3540 2 years ago

I just wanted to pass this along. If you can't seem to get a consistent non SDTM from the elevator you might want to replace the coil wear sleeve. It worked for me.

PXL_20210804_135631897 (resized).jpgPXL_20210804_135631897 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My custom video code is finally completed for the Premium and Limited Edition. Message me if interested in this for any model.
*Note: Same Old Song and Dance & Rats in The Cellar remain the stock animation videos. Replacing those videos causes stuttering and game slow down on occasion due to the animated overlays displayed during those songs. I can provide an SD card replacing all videos, with the caveats I mentioned.
Long video showing the different video changes.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5
This one shows the current Back in the Saddle video. The link above shows a prior version at the end of the clip. This video also shows the the choice of Run DMC's Walk This Way video as an option versus the live Aerosmith version.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

Will this work on the pro? I like what you've done!

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well that sucks.

He's upfront with the price so you can pay it or not. I ordered one today and I'll let you know if it's worth it after install. I will say he was nice to work with and shipped same day.

#3582 2 years ago

I'll let y'all know if it improves the game enough to make it worth the price, at least to a computer idiot that hasn't a clue how it's done.
Honestly, I do my pinball stuff for free. Here's one freebie I did for Mezel and it turned out great. DP lit targets:

PXL_20210812_175251372 (resized).jpgPXL_20210812_175251372 (resized).jpg
#3585 2 years ago

I just had a first ever. With great skill and more luck I hit a shot from the right flipper into the open Jacky box. The box immediately dumped the 3 balls onto the playfield while retaining my credits toward a real multiball. 'Wish I wasn't kidding about the "skill" but I suck at this

#3600 2 years ago

I just got my AS SD card and it's pretty cool, in a way it takes the game to the next level . Installation was a breeze though the music was much softer than the call outs so I set attenuation at -40 and it sounded much better . The synchronization is very good and combination of live footage with animation is great. It was well worth what I paid for it but that said I feel it would sell much better if it was priced at $100. Maybe we could get 10 people to sign up for it at that price and do a group sale??After all, once the work has been done it's just a matter of the cost of an SD card and shipping.
Altogether, I'm very pleased and it was a pleasure to deal with the shipper.

1 week later
#3604 2 years ago

I would only add the "Toys" light must be flashing otherwise hitting the toybox will not make the 1 to 6 light start flashing.

#3606 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ah perfect, yes massive help. So each toy box hit loads up another lock 'in waiting'?

Yes, as long as Toys is lit. Then when you hit the right scoop it goes into the toybox. Get 3 in the toybox and you get option of multiball then or delay for more multiball balls. My strategy is to delay multiball if you're shooting ball from trough #1 or #2. Take multiball if on ball #3 (if your machine is set to 3 ball game). Also, try to get "Sweet Emotion" almost finished, get multiball started, score big points as "Super Scoring" lights at end of "Sweet Emotion"

#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You should really only play a 3 or 6 ball multiball. In 3, 4, and 5 ball play the scoring is the same and you are just dealing with more balls in play which usually means balls crashing into each other more often.
However, playing a 6 ball multiball is worth the risk because all jackpots are doubled. Then you lock a ball or 2 in the trunk for 2x or 3x scoring and you will instantly blow the game up.

Thanks! I didn't know that.

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I seemed to have solved my elevator issue and it ended up being the simplest fix of all... machine wasn't level left-to-right. I used the pinguy app to get the level perfect and now it's going to the left flipper reliably.
So if you're getting SDTM kickouts, give that a try.

The same happened with me. My EHOH was shooting SDTM. I tried different things then noticed one of my coaster type carpet protectors had slipped from under one leg . I felt a little dumb but it fixed it.

1 week later
#3612 2 years ago

Howdy! I just noticed all the want ads for AS. Maybe this pin is finally getting the attention it deserves. Also I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the AS live SD card. I'd like for "Walk this way" to be a bit louder (this song needs to crank!). Otherwise it'd be nice to be a bit cheaper and it would sell a lot better. But overall, a nice addition to an already great pin.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can make it louder. Which version? Aerosmith or Run DMC?

Run DMC. It's just that other songs like Elevator are at a nice volume but Walk is a bit weak. When you get Walk balanced Elevator is too loud. It just needs to be balanced a bit if you can do that.

#3616 2 years ago

Great! I really like the concert footage. It really adds to the game.

#3617 2 years ago

Howdy! I just got the new SD card with louder DMC Walk this Way. It sounds way better now. Thanks Rick!

2 months later
#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

In my experience, it's to be expected on transitions during Rats and SOS&D. To a lesser extent with Back in the Saddle.
Seems like the CPU and/or GPU are under powered for the complete video replacements of each one.

I wonder if there's a way to increase the CPU power to allow more complex video and seamless transitions. You can notice a lack of power when 2 things are going on at once

2 months later
#3720 2 years ago

Howdy! I just added Tilt graphics blades to the sides and wanted to let y'all know how nice they look over the stock black sides. I usually use Wizard mods blades but I liked the Tilt design better. The Tilt mod is a little glossy over the flatter finishing of Wizards and it's slightly annoying but not too bad. The Wizards are also slightly thicker but Tilt is thick enough .

PXL_20220220_173736237.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220220_173736237.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220220_174021150 (resized).jpgPXL_20220220_174021150 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I think I just found a birthday surprise for my wife.

Anything from Wizard is really nice quality and easy to install. I just added the speaker surround a few weeks ago..also to EHOH, IMDN, and GZ.

3 months later
#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I had a white LED shooter housing mod laying around. Last night after having a few drinks I installed it on Aerosmith. Looks just fine But I wouldn’t purposely buy it.
I also bought a four dollar magnet of Aerosmith album covers to hide the holes in the coin door from a card swipe that was previously installed.
[quoted image]

Since it's lit you might want to try the semi clear Mezel shooter.

PXL_20220629_102805497 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_102805497 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3792 1 year ago

I've owned this game since new but just noticed the two white lights to the right and left of the magnet. What are they for?

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

They light when you hit the 2 stand ups directly in front of them, which in turn lights the VIP Pass.

Thanks!

2 months later
#3804 1 year ago

I'm having a problem I hope y'all can help me with.
My Aerosmith occasionally locks up. The back box screen either goes black, displays only what is on there when it locks, or displays a static image with lines. The lower playfield goes black except I can see the little red opto lights. The flippers stop working. It will work properly upon reset. The back box CPU board appears to work correctly, at least the proper lights are flashing or solid green or red .
Any ideas what to look for?

#3807 1 year ago

I just did the update today. I have a spare SD card I switched before but it didn't seem to help. I swapped the power supply from a DP and though seeming identical I got node errors so I guess it has to be configured for a certain game . The capacitors on the power board checked out OK. Thanks for the ideas. I hate intermittent problems.

1 month later
#3809 1 year ago

Here's the Cointaker backbox light of anyone's interested.
I had to get it as my Stern original crapped out. These are custom made for each pin. The lights will kind of chase and you can vary the speed. Or you can leave it static. The lights do a good job of highlighting areas such as the purple - blue of the sides

PXL_20221125_133701096 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133701096 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133817823 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133817823 (resized).jpg
#3811 1 year ago

I think I paid about $120 but it's been a few years ago. I do not see them listed now but contact Cointaker if interested.

1 week later
#3817 1 year ago

I finally found my freezing problem. After swapping a few of the cheaper boards, power supplies, etc., I swapped the CPU with my Deadpool CPU which changed the problem to DP. I found a board at Cointaker which is 1k but I'm glad to fine one at any price. Thanks for your help!

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hi fellow fans of this great game. I adjusted the power of the various eject holes and now I'm having a prob with the launch to the toybox, ie its intermittently not launching at all, not kicking out during ball search and saying 'right eject malfunction' . I've tried reseating all the plugs so I thought I might install the latest update to see if that helps. I don't have a Stern Insider setup though. Should I try still putting in the latest update?

Go in coil test and fire that coil maybe 20 times just to make sure the coil isn't flakey. It's probably the "ball on" switch which you can see sticking out of the squarish hole.
Put game in switch test and press that switch with your finger to make sure it's working. If so just bend that copper tab towards the ceiling a little bit then place a ball on the launch pad in the switch test to make sure it's registering properly.

#3826 1 year ago

Check out Wizard mods speaker cover. Also the Run-DMC
version of "Walk this way" is nice.

3 weeks later
#3837 1 year ago

I doubt you lost 3 boards at one time. More likely a cable needs to be reseated. I'd start at the CPU.

#3839 1 year ago

Here's the plug from the 48v driver board that controls the lower playfield. . Make sure it's plugged in and you see the red light on the board. Here's also a shot of my playfield with that plug unplugged.

PXL_20230109_003947784 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_003947784 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_004033564~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_004033564~2 (resized).jpg
#3841 1 year ago

I believe it's that plug but it could be the other end of that wire as well so you may have trace it. Good Luck!

#3843 1 year ago

Reseat cable marked at node 8 or switch to empty slot. Is node board #8 showing a red, green, and flickering yellow light? (Node 8 is nearest trough or upper left with playfield raised.)

PXL_20230109_201120951.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_201120951.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpg

#3844 1 year ago

48v driver board should also have red, green, flickering yellow. 48v driver board is centermost rectangular board

#3846 1 year ago

If your 48v board shows red, green, yellow but node #8 only shows red your #8 might be bad. You can Google 520-7017-72 to get a new one.

#3848 1 year ago

I'm going from memory but I think my #8 on my GB went bad a few years ago and several other owners had trouble too. A component on the board was subject to vibration and eventually failed. My new board had a vibration damper on that component. I got my AS and GB within 2 weeks of each other so they may have used the same board.

1 month later
#3865 1 year ago

Try reducing right eject power. AER adj. setting #8

#3867 1 year ago

If it's a general coil problem, especially if the pops seem a little week change out the 48v power board with another game

#3873 1 year ago

If you reduce song times by 10 to 15 seconds from factory
You can get to final tour more often.

#3876 1 year ago

I have a pro. I noticed when I reduced the play times for certain songs I got further and got the bonus for completing all songs...when the scoop light turns white and you hit the scoop. Even if you only started a song (it blinks) when you just attempt all songs it takes you where you collect an extra bonus for the songs you DID complete.From there you have opportunity to complete any unfinished songs.

#3877 1 year ago

Another way to say it is start each song, hit at least one shot in that song then move on if your desire it to get the all songs bonus.
DO leave Sweet Emotion on full factory time. It will give you super scoring when completed. Load your Jacky box
But delay multiball until you have completed or nearly completed Sweet Emotion. You want super scoring and multiball to happen at the same time. Again this works on the Pro. I'm not sure about premium,le

3 weeks later
#3881 1 year ago

Mine would freeze. I ended up having to buy the CPU board
In the back box.

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

I like the wizmod speaker panel cover and a subwoofer output

I like this too. Also there's a nice dice shooter rod.

#3915 1 year ago

Put the CPU into another Stern game with the SD card of that particular game. If your game freezes in Aerosmith then also freezes in Deadpool with a DP SD card it is the CPU.
I tried changing my SD cards in AS first of course as I had the original and the RUN-DMC version. Mine locked up with either SD card.
I hope it's just the SD card as they are way cheaper than the CPU.

4 months later
#3974 8 months ago

If you can only get one I'd get Foo. But I bought my Aerosmith new and it's never leaving. Aerosmith has straight forward rules I like

3 months later
#4011 5 months ago

Check Wizardmods.com for a full apron cover. It does away with the cards

1 month later
#4019 3 months ago

Check wizard mods for magnetic speaker covers and apron covers. I also got the dice shooter but can't remember where I got it
Congrats on a very nice game!

17039637660986740306622102036223 (resized).jpg17039637660986740306622102036223 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4027 3 months ago

I've never had it happen but my first guess would be the power switch is s bad. I'd check it with a meter.

#4031 3 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Anyone successfully have sd image with added songs and gameplay unaffected?

I have the SD with Run DMC "Walk this way" and other songs that are video of performances and not cartoons if that's what you mean. But songs and gameplay are the same .

#4036 3 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Yes, that is what I mean. Something where I can play the game as intended but new songs added to listen to as I play. Just didn’t know how it would work.

Contact Pinsider PoMC. He can probably do what you want. You just change the SD card in the back box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.75
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=wtatumjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.