Topic Stats

• 2,472 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 380 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190416_194316 (resized).jpg
20190416_193622 (resized).jpg
20190407_194121 (resized).jpg
20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (1 year ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

We joined the club today. What a great game. We are having a blast with it and I can't believe there isn't more love for it.

I can't believe there isn't either. There's a lot of people missing out on a fantastic game for sure! A lot of people think because of Lonnie doing the code that it can't be a good game, not true at all! This game kicks serious Ass!

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Starting to open it up a little bit now. SOSAD to start. It seems to be a high scoring opening round. You can get the mode finished either by the lit shots or targets. If you get CIU straight away you will come out of here with 30-40mil.
Then WTW and combos once CIU is attained. You can get 14mil ramp shots on the combo.
Collected a few locks and started SE and then a 5 ball MB straight away. It just went nuts then. Making sure to get the locks to multiply the playfield.
Came out of all that with about 320mill in about 5-6 minutes. Maybe longer, but it didn't feel like long. Then proceeded of course to choke. But also had sort of run out of ideas, haha.

Good score! Have you got to the first wizard mode yet?

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I couldn't really tell. I saw colours I hadn't seen before and heard sounds I hadn't heard before. But you know what it's like, just doing my best to hang on!

I think you have to complete 5 modes to get to the first wizard mode?

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! How about one of your good olde fashion in depth video reviews on your AS? Love to see that!

That would be awesome, I second that!

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Dialed In or AS Prem? Dialed In wins that one.

You sure about that? Aerosmith is no slouch and one of the funniest pins I've ever played!

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Mark. They seem very rudimentary compared to ACDC and seem to come much later in the game (unless I am doing something wrong) and I even believe from reports that they have been removed from 1.03. , I'm still on 1.02.

I have not seen any smart bombs yet so I don't even know what the hell that they are? I've been on the new code from day one.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Plenty of Pro gameplay vids available. Anyone know of a good Prem/LE video to watch?

Pretty sure that Dead Flips first video at the Stern factory was with a premium model. Should be able to find it on youtube.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Aerosmith in the house!

This Aerosmith game sure is creating quite the buzz seems like!

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang! Got my "Aerosmith" PRO last week! Wohoo!
I recently uploaded my unboxing / setup / first-play video. You have all seen unboxing videos a million times so ... I am not sure if you'll find it interesting. Ha ha! But, in case here's a look:
» YouTube video
Thanks,
Chris

Great video!

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to join the club, I'll be ordering an Aerosmith Pro today. I had my eyes set on a couple other new games but AS Pro just seems to offer a lot of value with the LCD integration, metal components on the playfield and the toy box toy is easily one of the coolest pinball toys in recent years.
I also like that the playfields on AS appear to have a better quality clear coat compared to other recent Stern games. Maybe the pkayfield company recently made a change to improve quality.

Good choice!

#125 1 year ago

Mine looks perfect so far. I got around 200 games on it so far, no cliffy. I have TWD, GB, and GOT, and my new Aerosmith has the nicest clear coat out of all of them. It at least appears to be nicer anyway. I guess it could always start chipping or something but hopefully that won't happen.

2 weeks later
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm in....almost walked away...but I'm back in the saddle again cuz this game rocks!!!!

You won't be sorry. AS is awesome!

1 week later
#208 1 year ago

Well, yet again I'm purchasing anpin SOLEY on Pinside feedback. I have never play let alone seen AS and I have a pro coming next week
Honestly, this concept has really never lead me wrong. Hopefully this pans out too. Simply a friend of mine who I've done a few deals with texts me the other day and asks me if I want his. Hard to say no!
I'll post more next week when I get my Pro and will be looking for some info on code. On that line of bought, the Pavo England posts were pretty helpful. Is there a rule sheet somewhere I can review?

You are not going to be disappointed and you made a great choice because AS is a freakin blast! I think there is a rule sheet on the Tilt forums. There are also some YouTube tutorials I believe. Congrats on your new pin!

1 week later
#224 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Aerosmith LE #63 in the house
Loving this game - it is AWESOME

Congrats on your new game and yes it is.definitely an awesome game! Enjoy....

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Officially joined the club today, fun game and definitely has that I have to play one more thing going for it and before you know you just logged 20 games, lol!

Looks sweet dude.......congrats!

1 week later
#236 1 year ago
Quoted from DEN:

Im soon in da club.
Does anybody feel that AS pro gets old fast?

Hell no it doesn't. It's as F'ING awesome now as it was the day I got it and it will never leave my collection.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I like it a lot but i would like an Update on code for the Smart button cause it's not doing much in the game
and i would like to get another multiball in there...Something like a 2 ball multiball for completing something
just to give players a little push to get closer to the Mini wizard or wizard. (My 2 cents)
It is not TWD or Metallica or Acdc but already a good game.

The mini wizard mode is tough to achieve but it's pretty cool once you get there!

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from DEN:

Is stern working on a code update?

I'm sure the game will probably get a code update eventually but I wouldn't expect it to be anything huge. I think the code is pretty complete already. If it does get any better though, it's going to be off the charts good!

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from DEN:

I hope so
Gettin my as pro tommorrow.
Its falling of the charts though last week top 21. This week top 24. Maby top 30 next week

Don't even pay any attention to that Den. AS Pro is an amazing game and the more you play it and start to understand it, the more you will like it. My AS Pro will never leave my collection ever.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

It's a great game! I was going pro but distributor only had Prem! Hmm what do I do!! Already having a Met, thought about it for a min and decided to go Prem. Upper PF offered greater variation between the two.

The Premium is great also in AS. Both models are fantastic. Its a winn win for everyone, people on a budget and people who can afford the extra both. AS is a winner all the way around.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Really anxious to get my AS Pro! I have a deal worked out for one, but I can't go get it until I'm home from our Germany vacation. I am enjoying the bier and brats and fräuleins, but dammit I'm ready to play my AS!

Just drink a bunch of that good German beer and it'll help ease the pain!

#252 1 year ago

Good God.....please never do that to us again! She just murdered Dream on and when I say murdered, I don't mean that in a good way either!

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got my AS home last night after a grueling 13-hour, 760 mile round trip. I think it was worth it though, since it was $5000 for the game, upgraded rails AND the topper. I'll drive pretty far to save ~$900. As a side note, the "born on" date of March 9 is the exact day that I got laid off from my job of 23 years!
I'm really surprised that this topic is not on fire. This is the latest Stern that's out on location and in basements. Maybe everyone is playing AS instead of talking about it.

AS for whatever reason is being overlooked by a lot of people and they are missing out big time because this game is fantastic. Aerosmith IMO ranks right up there with any new Stern pin that you put it up against. It's that damn good!

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I have been considering this game for a while now - this and DI.
I only have 1 pin(GB) so far so I have to choose carefully because this might be it for a while.
I have almost pulled the trigger on AS about 3 times now and chicken out each time.

I truly believe that you would love AS. It's best if you can find one to play in someone's house where you can hear the music and the sounds really good and let them explain the rules to you. The game is beautiful to look at, possibly the best art of any pinball machine that's ever been made and the shots are very satisfying and the rules are pretty easy to understand. There are lots of great games available right now, you have TWD, SW, GOT, MET etc but it's just whatever you like I guess. TWD is really and truly I guess the best one of the bunch but it's a hard game and intense like your GB is. AS is more of a nice relaxing and fun game. There are lots of good choices right now which makes it tough but that's a good problem to have also.

#274 1 year ago

I am borrowing my friends TWD pro now and it is good, but tough. I have good friends huh?
I think AS can be tough but it so light hearted and fun that myself and others don't notice. I also noticed my wife and son won't play it and don't even want to look at TWD. That is a lot different then my wife saying "I like AS!", when I said I was looking at one. So TWD is out for me.
Have IM as my other Borg game. He is now for sure my favorite designer.

When I have friends over, AS seems to be the go to game and we have a blast playing it every time. My gf isn't into pinball but she said she likes AS the best. She sucks and she has no fun at all on GB or TWD because of the short ball times. She can at least play AS and keep the ball in play for awhile sometimes, and hear some good tunes while she is doing it. The game is never leaving my collection period. I never dreamed that I would like this game so much.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from DEN:

I played under 10 times on As le and loved it.
Am i aerosmith fan? No
Did i hear there music back in da 90s yeah.
Did i give a shit about aerosmith pinbal? No.
I took to a friend place to try all other stern pins, but fell in love with aerosmith. Love my as pro

What you just wrote there pretty much describes my feelings to a T!

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from DEN:

Then go ahead an buy it. Also if you take only the pro model, you wont be sorry. I dont miss the upper pf at all. Actually the wierd backshot wasent for me at all

I have an AS Pro already. I love it!

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Get Dialed In and see if that's enough for now. Aerosmith is all right, but it's a pretty one-trick pony that's very short on multiball modes compared to KISS where it got a lot of its code. GB and Dialed In should be enough to carry you through until more pins show up later this year and we can see how Houdini turns out.

Totally disagree. I say Get the AS.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just hung up with JJ and put my deposit down on a pro. Pretty stoked as I'm a 70's kid and Rocks was one of my first and remains one of my favorite albums. Pinball and rock n' roll were all I cared about (not a lot has changed lol).

You made a great choice and you are going to love your new game!

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All of the versions are great, hard to go wrong with any of them.
Has anybody else run into the problem where the song you hear doesn't match the playfield mode? It happened to me a bunch more today, to the point where it was getting annoying. I can always avoid it if I remember not to flip for a few seconds after picking a song, but I don't want to have to explain that to people who come over.

Mine has done that a few times but I can't remember the exact scenario. Seems like it was playing sweet emotion but was on another song. For some reason I'm also thinking that when it was happening that I needed to shoot the left scoop and start a new song mode. I honestly just can't remember the situation but it's not something that happens often. When it happens again see if the light it lit for a new song selection on the left scoop. I realize everything I just said makes very little sense but I just wanted you to know that I think it's something going on in the code probably and not your game.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from vex:

i have had the game for 24 hours...never played it or saw it in person before buying. very, very happy with my decision. great art and music package. my only gripe is when i match i don't hear the credit knock...is it me or all you guys?

There isn't a knocker in Stern games anymore. It's now an obnoxious screech that comes through your speakers. I have it disabled on all of my Stern games. AS is a great game though and you are going to love it.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We are live streaming Aerosmith tonight.
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
9:00 CST till 11:00
Tonight we are featuring two new mods sent to us from Hookedonpinball.com
First mod is a Warning Flying Toys sign that can go over the ball launch saucer or over the center ramp.
Second mod is a LED light strip that is hooked into the pop bumper caps. It has a small strip that shines down on the rear of the playfield and another the shines on the Aerosmith letters on the translite.
Tune in for the mods or just some great pinball and chat.

I will be watching this if it's archived. Thanks for letting us know.

#359 1 year ago

What's wrong with me? I've had my pro for a while now and although fun, it isn't hitting that sweet spot for me as far as excitement goes. I do find I have a tough time hitting some shots (most right ramp and left orbit) and don't have a really good feel for how to approach the game from a points standpoint.
Any insight is appreciated as I really like the music and want to love this pin.
Darin

I think once you start hitting those shots that the game will become more fun for you because you can then start completing more modes. Making the shots on this game just feels satisfying also.

One thing maybe to try is to get to the first wizard mode which is medley tour multiball. You do that by playing all the modes....you don't have to beat them, just play them all. It's quite a challenge and alot of fun trying to do it. I usually start out with rats in the cellar to try and get the toy box loaded up and then maybe go to last child. Once I get the toy box full I go to sweet emotion and hit the lock shot to start multiball with 5 or 6 balls.

Not sure if that's a proper strategy but rats and last city seem to be the easiest modes. I'm not sure of the best strategy as far points go but that's the strategy I use to get to medley tour multiball. You also need to get love in a elevator multiball too as your playing through the songs.

I dont.know what it is about this game but I freaking love it. I think it's honestly because the shots are so satisfying when you make them. They are definitely tough, especially the right ramp for me but the shots are definitely makeable and they are smooth as butter when you hit them. When I first got AS it was fun but didn't seem like anything special. After I'd say 40-50 games and learning some of the rules and getting better at making the shots I became addicted big time to it.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Definitely takes a few games to get a feel for the shots...I'm totally addicted big time as well! The more I play the more I want to play. I'm only an average player, so just getting 6 ball multiball is an achievement but what a buzz! Have not even started all songs in one game wtf off to practice lol
I built this hole "volcano" on my putt putt course for that same rush you get when you make 'that shot' I also find swearing helps when you miss lol

I have only been to medley tour multiball one time personally but I've almost got it several times. I was just trying to explain to VolunteerPin basically that it's not always about seeing how many points that you can score. Sometimes it's just trying to complete modes or trying to get to the mini wizard mode etc. I doubt that I will ever get to the main wizard mode where you have to complete every mode. I am certainly going to try though and I'll have fun doing it on this pin here for sure!

P.S. Oh yea, and I could never make that volcano shot in a million years! That's way harder than getting to medley tour multiball. lol

#364 1 year ago

I did have a good game yesterday where I was able to actually complete sweet emotion during a 5 ball mb. I was actually hitting some shots. Ended with about 140 million which for me is amazing.
I'm not sure who said it doesn't matter if you win or lose. Winning is much more fun.

Not a bad game at all, congrats! This game is really fun for real, just stick with it. Like I said, I wasn't super impressed at first and then something just clicked and I started becoming addicted to it. It's one of Stern's best games IMO.

1 week later
#374 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Awesome, I'm trying to get to where I can make that shot consistently.

Same here, I'm really terrible at making that dang shot! There should definitely be some kind of a decent reward for making it.

1 week later
#388 1 year ago

Looks like waxing that right ramp was a bad idea

20170811_075043 (resized).jpg

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have a pro on the way. Seriously excited!

You have good reason to be excited because AS is one great game! When you unbox it and see how great it looks you're going to be even more excited. Absolutely a beautiful pinball machine!

#407 1 year ago

Pretty good idea that Jeff has. This game is so good that it would be a shame if they didn't keep up on the code and make improvements. The code is sweet already but no sense in stopping now. This is going to be a game that I believe will pick up in sales as more and more people keep hearing about its greatness. Code updates would certainly help those sales out.

3 weeks later
#524 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I just tweaked the sound in the settings. I usually don't get to play the pins to loud, so the stock is working pretty well for me. I'd rather swap out some of my older pin speakers.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how good the game sounds with the factory speakers. I know it's not mind blowing but it's not bad at all really.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, left outlane even tougher with the divider!
I found TWD an easier game than AS - gives it plenty of longevity.

TWD easier than AS? Geeeeze......no way! The left outline on AS is brutal for sure but I have pretty long ball times on AS, much longer than TWD. I would just say keep practicing because AS is one of the easiest games I've played as far as keeping the ball in play goes.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'm not saying I don't like it because I can't finish it.
I've been to the mini wizard mode (for starting all modes) a fair few times, I've even completed all of the modes, with the exception of Elevator, plenty of times as well. At the moment the game just seems to be play constantly start multiball taking a mode into it and then see where it gets you. Any score, or bonus, you get from completing a mode pails into insignificance in comparison to the points available in multiball.
Starting Elevator isn't the problem, even if it needs accurate loops, it's making progress through it that's the issue. Closest I've managed is a 6th floor jackpot.
I've had smart bomb a few times, but only from a mystery award - is this the only way to get it currently?
IMHO it definitely needs a code update. Integrating a skill shot, smart bombs being more readily available - maybe from a skill shot, or 3-way combo, or progressing up a spinner or pop bumper level, rather than just a mystery award, which by default gives you extra time if in a mode or add a ball if in multiball.
There's no way I'll "give up on it" until I've completed the Wizard Mode, as that's the way I am, but my partner and many friends have already dismissed it as just shoot the toy box and is boring. As it stands WPT and MET are getting more play.

Anyone that thinks AS is "just shoot the toy box and is boring" doesn't know jack sh* t about this game. AS is a killer game and a ton of fun!

1 week later
#566 1 year ago

Those look fantastic......would really love to have one!

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having played SWLE, I never would have predicted a year or so ago, that AS would end up being way more fun than SW, to me anyway. Strange days.

I think AS is bettwr than SW also....who would have ever thought? It does seem like the AS buzz has died though for some reason. People are overlooking a great pin.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern buzz in general has died.

It has somewhat I agree. The sad thing about it also is it would be so easy to turn things around and just start kicking azz again that it's not even funny. Make a better playfield and BAM.......they're back in business and making pins as fast as they can make them! So so easy........

1 month later
#607 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Has anyone out there found it necessary to install a Cliffy shooter lane protector on AS? Even though Stern has a partial protector in place which covers most of the area, I noticed there is a specific one available from Pinball Life.
Anyone find it necessary to install the full protector or is the factory one good enough?

I just put a piece of removable mylar in my shooter lane for added protection and so far so good

3 weeks later
#627 1 year ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my post. I'm still on a just new pin high and probably writing too quickly. Lol.
Anyway, I bought a shaker for my TWD to see what it's like. If I'm a fan, then I'd consider buying other shakers for my other pins. Not sure I'd want them in all of them, and I'm not sure my wife would want one in Metallica since that's the pin she plays the most.
I guess we'll find out after we see how we like the one I got for TWD.

Shakers are awesome and TWD is a good game to have a shaker in also. All of my new games have shakers except Aerosmith. You are going to love your new Aerosmith pin also. It is a great great game.......congrats!

1 week later
#647 1 year ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I'm planning of getting an Aerosmith in the near future and I'm wondering if the LE is worth the extra money? I looked at the matrix and it appears that the only real difference between the LE and Premium is that the LE has a "real backglass". So what is a real backglass anyway? I think that a translite is basically a poster behind glass right? So then how is a backglass made and what really makes it better. I have a Phantom of the Opera and that has a backglass in which I think the art is actually painted on it but I don't think that is really done anymore? I watched several youtube videos and seen several pictures and can't tell a difference in the way the backglass art looks between the models but there has to be something that make people buy the LE.

The LE/Premium also has a upper playfield and probably a few other things, not sure. All models are fantastic I can tell you that. I haven’t personally played the Premium model but I hear the upper playfield is a lot of fun on AS. I have the Pro model and I absolutely love it. It is so much fun and I am keeping it forever.

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Yeah I defiantly want one. Just wondering if getting the LE with the real backglass is worth the extra cash. Anybody seen an LE? Does the backglass really look better?

I’m sure the backglass probably looks better than a translite. When they say real backglass they just mean it’s a backglass like the games in the older days instead of a piece of plastic with a picture behind it. I wish all games had real backglasses because yes they do look a lot better but is it worth the extra cash? Not for me probably but if money wasn’t an issue for me then I’d say I would probably go ahead and get one maybe. It’s really just what a person wants I think. If money is an issue for you I’d say get the Pro and save the rest of the money and put it toward another game, because as you know......2 games are better than one!

#651 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with that at all, its a really fun game. I think TWD I'd rumored to be coming to an end also, have you ever played one? That's probably the best title you can buy right now in my opinion. Lots of great choices out there right now.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Joined the club this week!
Solid fun game for some Holiday Joy!

You are going to love AS Art. It's a keeper brother!! Let us know if you get Medley Tour Multiball. I've got it a couple times but never the main wizard mode yet. Love in a elevator multiball is fun also. Great grear game!

1 week later
#702 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm far from a "pro" player and bricking shot after shot on AFM, at least at first makes it "clunky" or "bricky" to me Just like TWD, but when you get it dialed in the flow and combos are excellent on both.
Missed shots that punish you like those two make it "clunky" in that regard imo. BM66 is far from that to me.

AS can definitely be clunky if you don't hit your shots, and those shots are not easy to hit either. I'm a pretty clunky player.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I prefer to flush my shits.

Haha.....sorry about that!

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Being a new owner, I find the game fits a unique spot among my others.
With AC/DC gone, as well as Metallica, this fills the Music gap.
Its simple fun, polished and clean, and Im an Aerosmith kinda fan.
There is much Aerosmith is not, but what it is, it does really well!
Its a Happy, fun, positive, rewarding game....no punishment, only joy!

Have you made it to Medley Tour Multiball yet Art? How about Love in a elevator multiball? Cool animation and light show isn't it?

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No where near those, I dont believe....Only Multiball from Toybox, I think.
Im about 30 games into it, so its more discovery, listen to the tunes, and feel it out.
It takes me a long time to learn a game, I prefer it that way.
I have friends that read all the rules, and strategies, before they play.
I tend not to read the rules, and be surprised, then go, How did I get that?
Silly, I know, but makes me happy......
Just moved 12 games today...set up a room finally, after the hurricane, still waiting on a roof, but now I can play, and finally install
the dozens of Mods, and prototypes I have from Comet, that Im looking forward to.
The games were always crammed 10 in a bedroom sized room, and no game could get its glass removed, unless I played Pinball Tetris!
I took over the living room and dining room, and feel like a king now!

I am the same way pretty much. I like to discover things slowly and on my own, maybe a little reading on pinside or the rules some too. Aerosmith is truly a great game and a keeper IMO. It's nothing fancy or different really but it's just good fun. The 6 balls getting dumped out of the toy box all at once is pretty awesome though, I will say that. Enjoy!!

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Every time I see this thread with a handful of comments I'm hoping it's because of new code. Fantastic game that I think could be a real Gem (cheesy Aerosmith reference) with a little more polish.

New code update is coming soon supposedly.

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from Foo:

I "finally" got a 6 ball multiball. Crazy fun! I'll have to try for it more often because I beat the old grand champ score by 100 million that game. The GC is now at 297 million.
No Medley Tour Multiball yet either. I've been 1 shot away... then choked.

I hear ya on being one shot away, been there myself a few times and when you fail it's pretty disappointing. I've got it twice so far. Getting the main wizard mode would be very difficult I would think. Aerosmith is really a great game though isn't it? The more you play it the more addicting it becomes.

1 week later
#726 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was told they reduced the clear thickness after the GB debacle, hence the woodgrain is a bit more visible. Even so, my ASle pf looks better than any Stern I've owned.

My AS playfield looks better than any of my other Sterns also. There definitely seems to be a difference in quality.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from SamIam:

I have an LE bought in April, HUO but played a lot. I've had zero issues with mine. The playfield is glossy and clear as glass. Everything mechanically sound as well. Has a shaker motor installed too. I'm slightly concerned about the node board issues now that they have posted service bulletins with known weakness. I contacted stern about this on 12/6 but haven't received the kits yet. I may disable shaker motor until I get the stabilization done.

Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to disable the shaker for now. Congrats on your new game, you’re going to like it. How many plays did the previous owner put on it? I’m sure it’s not enough to worry about, these games are meant to be played.

1 week later
#745 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Had my best friend over with his family last night, they came from Ohio. They stopped here overnight on way to his parents. His kids couldn’t stop playing my AS pro. It was the hit of my line up.

You forgot to mention that his kids beat your GC score.

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Hi guys I just unboxed my Aerosmith Le today and I noticed it has done this a few times during game play. I had 5 Balls locked in the toy box and then I started elavator multiball so it just released all my balls from the toy box. Is this a code glitch or is there a way to fix that thanks.

Congrats on your new AS game! It is a killer game and you are going to love it.

#752 1 year ago

Glad you are enjoying the game, I really like my Pro model a lot and I don’t think I will ever get rid of it. The more you playnAS the more addicting it becomes. It’s not anything fancy code wise but the game is just fun and it shoots really good.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The test works fine, but i notice that the ball very often hangs at the end of the ball through (top), see picture.
Any idea how to fix that ??

If the ball is not ejecting all the way out into the shooter lane maybe it’s just not ejecting hard enough. There should be a setting called ball trough eject setting in the adjustments menu. You could try raising that up a little and see what happens maybe.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can’t find this adjustment

I’m not home right now so I can’t look for it but I will later.....sorry about that. I know GB has a trough reject power setting but I’m not sure about any of my other games. You could call Chaz at Stern and ask him what might be going on. They might be back to work today possibly?

2 weeks later
#800 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was thinking if you got rid of the fridge completely you might be able to fit another game.

I like how you think

1 month later
#922 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Took me no joke 800 plays...but finally, FINALLY...made it to Medley Multiball today (that's the mini wizard mode, right). Took me a second to figure out what was going on, but then started totally digging it. Here's hoping it doesn't take me another 800 plays to get back to it!

Congrats. Medley Tour Multiball is pretty tough to achieve but definitely not out of reach for average or above players. Ive got it a few times but I highly doubt that i will ever see the main wizard mode. Aerosmith is a great game though and alot of people dont know what they are missing. Its a keeper imo.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yeah, in about 1k games I have never seen it. The main thing that stands in the way is elevator multiball. I think in all my games I’ve only ever beat it twice, and both times it was all I shot for.

Yeah that shot through the pops is a rough one. You will get there though for sure if you are determined enough but as you said its not easy.

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

I just have one comlpaint/concern about my Aerosmith Pro. My toybox has no problem opening and closing throughout the startup of the game, along with any tests....but around 50% of the time when I go to start toybox multi-ball the lid tries to open and ends up not opening....then a good 7-10 seconds (or more) later the lid opens and dumps the ball. This makes the ball saves impossible and shortening the length of the multi-ball. I've checked all connections and my software is up to date. At this point I'm rolling with it hoping that over the next month or so it'll work itself out. Otherwise I'll be giving Stern a call : )
Anyone?

Call Stern now and talk to them because the problem isnt going to work itself out i guarantee you. Give them a call and i bet they can help you out. Chaz and his buddy are cool guys and always willing to help.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have this same exact problem. Please inform us of what Stern says. Thanks!

Yes please keep us posted because maybe it can help other people down the road.

#942 1 year ago

This is a screenshot of the video I took and sent to Stern and The Pinbal Company. The Toybox reaches its max height here and then closes. 50% of the time.......
I’ll keep this thread updated with my solution from Stern.

Well that is very odd. It sucks that you are having this problem om a new game but Chaz will get it sorted out for you I guarantee it. It looks like you have a couple of other great games that you can play while this issue is being sorted out so at least you can still play some pinball right? Please keep us all updated on this issue though because it could definitely help alot of people down the road.

#944 1 year ago

Yea!!!! I’m still playing some pin. Ac/dc and The Shadow : )
I’m all good. I’ve got no worries about Stern hooking it up, it’s just a bummer.

It’s definitely a bummer for sure and i feel for ya. Im getting a new MET Premium tomorrow and i have my fingers crossed that there are no issues like this. Chaz is the best though and he will get it figured out and he wont forget about you and leave you hanging either.

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is AS better than MET?

I love AS and i dont plan on getting rid of it because its very good, but i just got a MET Premium yesterday and the answer to your question is a definite no. Metallica is absolutely amazing and great fun.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can someone tell me the setting for stopping needless ball shots to Jackys face? It’s a funny feature but I rather persevere his handsomeness.

Its funny as hell until it drains your ball sdtm during a good game, then its not so funny.

#977 1 year ago

Just a little update about my information with Nic at The Pinball Company. Great guy to deal with. He has been courtesy copied on all my emails with Stern about my toy box issue. He let me know they will take care of anything that is needed for repairing my machine. I don't think it will be necessary but the fact that he has assured me they would makes me want to do business with them again in the near future.

Having a good distributor is priceless. I just bought a game from Melissa at Cointaker and the experience so far has been amazing and i am confident that if i have any problems that she will do whatever it takes to make things right. She has definitely earned my future business.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

Same here! Cointaker is the best!! Melissa and company will take good care if you!!

Hell yes, she is awesome. Ive never felt so good about spending 7k.

#983 1 year ago

Well, they might have another customer hoping on the wagon. I was planning on ordering a Metallica Monsters Premium on Monday.....Cointaker has it $800 les than what I was looking at. Can anyone verify how fast they ship? I just might have to "walk that way", haha.

Well i guess that depends on how far away from them you are but it only took me two days to get mine. They ship extremely fast and Melissa is a pleasure to deal with and will give you a fair deal.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

WOW who-dey ... is the honeymoon with AS over? Didn't see that one coming. You're cheating on AS with MET. [Just joking]

Lol oh no, I still love my AS and im keeping it, but Metallica is on a whole different level. That is not just AS either, MET is on a different level than almost all games. I still love my AS though King and i will continue to recommend it to people.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I ordered my guardians of the galaxy on Saturday it was delivered on Thursday. As soon as they can get a truck there it ships out. They are great people to work with

They definitely are good people. That was my first time dealing with them and it was such a good experience that i plan on buying all of my future games from them.

#1013 1 year ago

I have back handed the right ramp while the ball is in play but im pretty sure that i cant back hand it while i have the ball cradled.

#1021 1 year ago

I tried and cannot in anyway backhand the right ramp on my Pro. The ball doesnt have near enough power to make it up the ramp.

#1028 1 year ago

Installed the new plunger stop for toybox lid coil today, haven't had a single issue with the toybox opening for multiball since. Usually 50% of the time I was having failure to open for multiball and this seems to have fixed the problem. If you are having the same issue call Stern, talk to Chas, let them know you need the same part. Below are some pics of the breakdown, part comparison (HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IMHO). Thanks for following the thread. Any questions, shoot me a PM.
User Manual 5.36 Toy Box Up Kicker Assembly
I'll let the thread know if I have anymore issues. Cheers : )

That is awesome CC Rider, glad you got it fixed finally. Now play the hell out of it and enjoy your new game!!

#1030 1 year ago

Thanks! I’ve gotta spend a day getting my wife’s name off the Grand Champion!!!!

Yeah you cannot allow that to happen at all. If you have to , just pull the glass off when shes not looking and get your initials in that Grand Champion spot!

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Who else thinks Premium>Pro? Pro is pretty addictive. Is Premium worth the extra scratch? How does it change the gameplay?

I haven't played a Premium but the upper playfield looks pretty fun, unlike most upper playfields. I don't know if its worth the extra money or not but the Premium is damn nice and very good looking also. With that being said though i still love my Pro and im very satisfied with it also. Id say if a person has the extra $$, get the Premium and if money is tight, get the pro and don't look back. Both games are awesome.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Correction, they say the unloved code group updates MIGHT START in Mid-summer ("we expect" is not "will"), which is August. They called out KISS, Ghostbusters, and Aerosmith, plus other unnamed games, so there's no guarantee at all Aerosmith will be this Summer.
But Trudeau's trial will be over in Summer (unless it's delayed again), so he'll either be free or in prison for a LONG time and someone else officially handling his Ghostbusters code finish.

Trudeau will never work for Stern again even if he is found innocent and you can take that to the bank, and besides he isn’t the one doing the code on GB anyway, Dwight Sullivan is. The pinball community would never accept him being in pinball again and it would be a nightmare for Stern to hire him back and they know it. Pinball has not even been on Trudeau’s mind trust me. He has much bigger things to worry about right now.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just ordered an Aerosmith Pro yesterday need lto find out what mods to get, cliffys and plastic pro .
Let me know what you got what works and what looks cool .
Thanks

Congrats Golfingdad! you will like the AS Pro alot, its a fun game. I just got the AS topper from Stern, its pricey but it looks really good.

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This one hurts guys ...
I'm out before I ever got in .
Uncle Sam decided to take rather than give this year to the tune of $4500
F me
I always get a very nice return .
Damn !

Ahhh man that sucks dude, sorry to hear that. You can still hang out in here until you do get one! That really is a kick in the balls though.

1 week later
#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Topper or no topper? I haven't seen one in person, but from the pics it looks kinda small. Is it worth the $400? I bought the Stern topper for my GB and love it. It's also huge.

The topper is not worth 400 dollars but then again, neither is any of the other ones imo including even TWD topper. It is a very good looking topper though and it looks nice on the game. If you have the extra money and want to make your game a little cooler then i say go for it. Just don’t expect it to be worth the cash that you will have to shell out for it because its not.

1 week later
#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I purchased this one without doing homework, my 8 year old niece want me to get a music pin. So I got one with a LCD screen. She likes it, and wife has played more games on this one in three week than in 8 year on some 11 pins I had. So I guess I can't complain. I still got my eye on GoT and something else.

Nothing wrong with Aerosmith at all. The game is beautiful, its fun as hell, it's challenging, and the code is pretty damn solid. I dont care if it is a rehash of the Kiss code or not, its still pretty good. I love my AS Pro!

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

With 400 plus game, it's a fun game, great art work, toy box with 6 Ball lock, back door lock, CIU, and love in an elevator. it's one of my favorites. Just looking for more than Grand Champion and High Score 1,2,3,4 and Combo. Love the game (sweet emotion) don't mean to sound like I'm trashing it at all. Love my AS

It has a pretty simple rule set for sure, but thats one of the things i kind of like about it. It seems like when I play Aerosmith that i just have fun and i never get mad or stressed out like some games can make you get. I kind of like that.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After waxing pin this week I must have moved right ramp rail. Now about 70% of the time ball flys off rail. And half that time goes over the right flipper and drains. I need a full roll cage or tweek rail. Lol

No i don't think you moved the rail lol. I think the ball is moving so much faster now that its flying off of the ramp. Mine did the exact same thing and it probably took 50 games to return back to normal. I actually waxed the ramps also and figured maybe that was why it was happening. Did you wax the ramps also or just the playfield?

All games get faster when you give them a wax and its usually pretty fun, not on AS though lol.

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just did the playfield only, it was soooo slick the ball looked like it was sliding across playfield and not rolling. Then when I did a power shot for the orbit, but missed and hit the ramp it was like WTF. After it went all air ball and hit the glass.

I dont know why it is but waxing AS is insane. It will settle down but it takes about 50 games or so.

#1201 1 year ago

I kind of used to think that also but not really anymore.
I think Vireland is just a super passionate pinhead and wants stern to finish some of their games, like Kiss and AS, they started to make them really great. Also do better on quality control issues. Don’t we all really?
Vireland is very knowledgeable and helps a lot of folks deal with little and larger issues. That is what I come away with at least.

Yeah Vireland is a Dick, but he's still a pretty good guy seems like.

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I told you F’rs this game resets when ill shit is stacked.
Same for TWD. I tried to tell people about the Horde reset bug.
In both cases I was called crazy & then BOOM a code update drops with fixes for resets
From now on, don’t question me

We still don't believe you PW.

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Ultimate AS Pro!
Just installed my speaker lights (Doug at Speaker Light Kits is undeniably top shelf!) with my custom stainless steel mirror finish speaker grill & topper, custom sculpted Jackie & Jackie shooter rod, Joe Perry replica guitars, side armor with EL lighting. Yep, she's a keeper!
» YouTube video

You did a great job modding those games out and holy shit what a awesome house you have on the beach!!

1 month later
#1442 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You can keep throwing turds into my AS punch bowl, but it won’t stop me from drinking out of it (that’s a metaphor). It’s a great game, top 3 for me.

Turds in your Aerosmith punch bowl..........

2 weeks later
#1479 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still havent heard it since I did the code update. I even turned off adult speech, then shut the game down, went back in and turned adult speach back on, Still, heard the call outs. Another issue I have (maybe its just me) I cant get it to display a custom message.

You wont hear him say the F word very often. Ive only heard him say it like twice in 600 games.

#1484 10 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone get two balls spit out from the trough when you should just get one? I guess I should check the optos or something.

Possibly the balls could be magnatized.

#1494 10 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So guys that have had this from the beginning, are you still playing it as much? Would you buy again? There is a Prem somewhat local to me, selling for $6400 with topper, or $6200 without. Just curious how many would buy again or buy at that price. I know for me personally, I've had games that I loved early on, and then got VERY tired of VERY fast (Hobbit, Avengers LE)

I love my AS but with that being said i do think IMDN is better and i also notice that you dont have TWD in your collection either. My money would probably go to one of those two games personally but $6400 with the topper is probably a fair price though on a HUO AS Premium.

#1497 10 months ago

Yep AS is honestly a great game, pro or premium either one. The artwork on AS is as good as it gets too. I have a pro model and it’s fantastic and a keeper in my opinion. Im not gonna say i will never sell it because i have limited space and i guess if a dream theme came along that maybe i would consider it to make space, but it sure wouldnt be because im tired of the game because its great fun.

1 week later
#1528 10 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I think they look great!

Those do look really nice! Aerosmith is great game and it gets overlooked by alot of people for some reason and they dont think its all that good, most of which have never played the game or given it a chance. The feel of the shots are fantastic and very satisfying. Lets not forget that this is a John Borg designed playfield also. AS is pure greatness!

#1534 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok, finally heard Jackie say the F word when I hit him in the face. Phew, all is right now.

He will say it again about 500 games from now.

#1540 10 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Indeed
Every 500 games Jackie will drop an F bomb, you will get the smart button award & then a power reset.
Lol, cant resist. Looking FW to a legit update this summer.

Yep same here and i think we will get just that! This game will be really good with a polished code. Good things coming PW, hang in there!

#1542 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Heard it again last night. Jackie dropped another F bomb! Haven't heard it in about 200 plays, then twice in 2 days, this is getting out of hand. Hahaha

He's possessed!!

3 weeks later
#1590 9 months ago

In the new update coming they will probably fix a few bugs, make the outlane switches work, and Sparky will probably cuss alot more and everyone will laugh hysterically and say.....what a great update, thank you stern!

#1603 9 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

please AS owners, tell me why i should swap my TWD vs AS !?
to help, here're some facts about me : my son & i are players (not pins collector), we like the way Lyman is coding (he's simply the best), not saying i dont like like Lonnie (but let's just say his work is just without surprise, pin after pin... the good point here is the "risk factor" MB as in Mustang), a new AS code should be coming (but see before), in this case themes are on the same level, i'm still afraid with the spike system (that's also why i sold my GB and bought the TWD in SAM), i use to make my pins turn around because i dont have freeplace (and unlimited money) and we have played enough TWD (but no overdose at all, still loving it), ...
!?
tanx

I probably wouldn’t trade TWD for AS but if you are looking for something new because TWD is getting stale to you i would probably sell it and buy IMDN.

#1610 9 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I have both as and imdn. Both very different games.. AS is more of a guest/ non pinball person pleaser. My non pinball guests are first attracted to imdn but quickly leave balls in play and go back to AS. Currently, for a “player” I believe twd or imdn to be better. We’ll see what happens in this code update stern keeps bragging about.

Yesi agree totally. I have AS pro and i really like the game alot, but TWD is still the better game plain and simple. I also like IMDN better than AS too, but im still not looking to get rid of my AS anytime soon because its fun as heck.

#1616 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Code update will be killer in 16ish days. The grass isn't always greener. Walk this Way.

New code in 16 days? And you know this how?

#1618 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern of the union said Aerosmith would be first sometime in mid-summer. August 6th is mid- summer. To answer question (wishful thinking) plus they said it is deep in development.

I wouldn't put too much into that. Hopefully its true but im not holding my breath.

#1622 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

And I did add "ish" to that date. Besides by then you'll be playing IMDN Premium and forget all about a Awesome Aerosmith Code Update.

No way, i will still love my AS too. Its too good of a game to forget about. Im excited for the code update on it. AS is a very good shooting game and tons of fun.

#1629 9 months ago

I just got done playing my Aerosmith and all i can say is code smode, this game is awesome! Yeah the code needs a little polish and its very basic but this game is flat out fun as hell. I will take whatever they give us but even if they just did some bug fixes and polish to the code, this game still rocks. Anything extra will just be icing on the cake for us! Job well done on this pin Lonnie and John Borg!

#1642 8 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I also have a Aerosmith Pro and the orange light on the left side of mine is the only light not lit in the attract mode. This is normal as far as I can tell. It works in the test mode and during game play.

It is normal. Dont ask me why but it is.

1 week later
#1661 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just avoid Lonnie games and you'll avoid quite a bit of code disappointment.

Actually people just need to buy code complete games only if they are going to complain about the code. Everybody knows going into a new game that there will have to be code updates and bug fixes and that sometimes it takes a long time for you to get the fixes so just buy code complete games or don't buy at all.

AS to me though is pretty code complete already so im personally not disapointed in the game. It would have been nice if it would have been done by now but i also knew that it wouldn't be. Im getting IMDN today and i know the code still needs work. I expect that kieth will be working on the code for quite some time yet. Now if he abandones the game id be pissed but i do expect that i will be waiting awhile before IMDN is considered code complete. I don't like waiting but at the same time its fun to watch a game mature and it keeps the game fresh and exciting everytime a new update drops.

#1674 8 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

AS is a great game and its alot of fun and its a great shooting game that’s definitely worth owning. It has a fun and simple rule set that is straightforward and easy to learn. The game is gorgeous as you know and its a pretty good challenge but the game i would say is far more on the fun side and not frustrating. I own AS Pro and i still enjoy playing it as much as i ever did. With that being said though, if you have $1100 more dollars, i would recommend a New IMDN or MET, TWD and maybe even a couple of others over AS.

Is AS worth 4500 dollars though and does it have long term staying power in a home environment? I think so personally. If you like IMDN though and have a little extra cash, go get a new Iron Maiden Pro and be done with it.

#1676 8 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I respectfully disagree with Who-dey. Aerosmith is a lot of fun. I'm not part of the IMDN lovefest. If you want a faster playing game with good shots, flow, and a great toy then go Aerosmith. IMDN ball times are long (so long that I left credits on the machine), shots are good but didn't feel as smooth to me(compared to Aerosmith) , and has no toy or mech. And don't forget the music. My whole family (kids included) enjoy Aerosmith and I can't stand IMDN. Plus I prefer the cartoonish Aerosmith animations over the phone app, playstation 1 IMDN animations. Either way, no reason to buy NIB, even if you want IMDN, with all the new titles coming out, there will be plenty of HUO IMDN on the market in the next 6-12 months.

Everybody likes different things so no offense taken, but its pretty hard to deny all of the excitement that IMDN has generated to pinball fans. IMDN is selling like hot cakes for a reason and that reason is because its an amazing game. I would bet you that IMDN sales have already trumped AS sales in the first 2 or 3 months that its been out.

1 month later
#1750 7 months ago

Sooo.....shouldn't we had heard something by now?

#1754 7 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

We did. They said code is in final testing stages and will be released this month. So the maximum amount of wait time is 26 days.

Thats good news. Only 26 more days until our game gets its well deserved update and best of all, PW wont have anything to bitch about anymore........yay!

#1758 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Not true
Moving forward I’m only adding the newest buggiest most incomplete NIB’s money can buy.
My new hobby is misery

Why do you not have IMDN yet PW? You're missing out on one of the greatest pins ever made! Beleive it or not, even if you dont like the music, its still good pinball music and it won't bother you at all.

#1762 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Played AS twice today & had a blast.

If you think AS is a blast just wait until you play IMDN! You are gonna shit!

#1766 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lol, get him. Get that Whodey guy. Getumm!

Hes like one of those little dog peter gnats He doesn't really bother anyone, hes just kind of annoying is all.

#1785 7 months ago

828DB3ED-6F60-42ED-B3E8-BBE4B25C4FAE (resized).jpeg
#1792 7 months ago

This download is taking a long time. I guess the Stern website is getting jammed up from all of the traffic!

#1794 7 months ago

Im at 76%.....woo hoo!!

#1802 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If I were a betting man, I would say you'll give IMDN a rest tonight.

Yes it gets a rest for.maybe 2 days actually because i gotta go to work tonight in a couple of hours and i wont get much time on it tonight. IMDN is still the best game i have though, no question about that.

On a side note i gave GB some love this morning and had a blast playing it, cant wait for the update on that game either. Its easy to forget how much that you like these games when you haven't played them for awhile. Its almost like getting a new game when you go back and play them, especially when a new code drops like AS did today!

#1803 7 months ago

Ok im having some problems. I downloaded the file and i had to unzip it so it would fit on my USB stick. I put my USB stick in my game and turn the game on but the file wont start downloading. The game just boots up like normal and thats it, it doesnt try and update. What am i doing wrong here?

#1805 7 months ago

Yeah i believe all of those things have been done. I just reformatted it and im sending the unzipped file over to the usb stick again.

#1806 7 months ago

Ive updated IMDN 3 times.now with no.problems but this AS update isnt working for some reason.

#1808 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We had an issue with BM66 code update a few days ago. Because we had been using the same USB for so long it shit itself.. We bough a new USB stick and away it went!

I just tried it again and it still wont download. I dont know what the hell is going on. The USB stick is new. Ive done the 3 IMDN updates with it and i deleted the old updates off of the USB stick also.

#1811 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear of your troubles guys.
The game progresses much faster now once you get it going.
Smart Missiles are cool AF now

Do you get a.smart missile more often than once every thousand games now?

#1815 7 months ago

Finally making some progress here....

20180906_212000 (resized).jpg
#1817 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Dang, don't be late for work. That update has cut into your game time.

Well now the update is stuck at 198/2914 MB. Looks like im not out of the woods yet....WTF....UGH

#1819 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm guessing I'll go thru the same pain Saturday when I update. Let me get it out of my system now. #$@&

Lol no doubt. I shut my game off and im trying it again. If things are gonna screw up its gonna screw up on me trust me. Thats just how my luck is. It's doing its thing again now so we will see what happens.

#1827 7 months ago

Yaaaaay.......

20180906_214646 (resized).jpg
#1843 7 months ago

I only could play 2 games before i had to go to work so i cant even comment on anything good or bad really. I did notice that you seem to get longer mode times and every mode when you hit the crank it up scoop doesn't add time to the mode that you're in. Thats pretty much all i know, that and i wish i could be at home exploring the new code update. One thing i did notice that was weird, my first game ended and the smart missile light was flashing....i hit the button and it started a new game. I thought that was rather strange?

#1845 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Smart button flashes Green now and can be used to start a game, I did read that in update.

Not a bad idea i guess. Im gonna try and read up on the rules tonight if i get time. When did you say that you was going to update your game?

#1847 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Will be Saturday about 11:00am EST should start download then.

Good deal, anxious to hear your thoughts on it.

#1854 7 months ago

Got to put a few games in this morning and so far i really like the changes ive seen. The update is so big that I obviously don’t know all of the changes yet but i think you all are going to be very happy with the updare. This game is very awesome now! Big thanks to all of the people at Stern that worked on this update!

#1862 7 months ago
Quoted from T7:

It should award the "Best Shot" at the time you use it (with possibly a few exceptions).

I Thought it just awarded you two shots?

#1881 7 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

So in other words the pro is still the best version?

They are both really good games and you will be happy either way you go.

#1893 7 months ago

This update far exceeded any expectations that i had and this game is super legit now! The game was already great before but the new update is a game changer!

#1896 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it. I seen Who-Day file was 2914 and mine said 2789. I update it anyway. I may download it again. So 2 1/2 hours of that cut into my play time. Only have a dozen game in. There is a lot that I'm liking so far and a couple I wished was added (high score for each mode) But with what was added can't ask for more. Great game

I really like Medley Tour Wizard Mode now. Set your game on 5 balls if you have to in order to check it out. Im excited about this game again.

#1916 7 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Update is GREAT! I wish they would have added the "ball in play" to the Toybox multiball start screen to help you decide if to take the risk to lock more balls. I guess it's OK to make it something the player should be keeping track of...

Im not sure that i follow you, what are you talking about exactly?

#1918 7 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It would be nice to display in the Toybox multiball countdown screen where you can "cancel multiball to lock more balls", that you are on ball 2 (where you might risk cancelling and lock more) or on ball 3 (where you might take what you have and let multiball start).

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea probaly. The update sure made this game solid though.....i gotta believe that its going to boost the sales of this game somewhat.

#1922 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya. I see LE NIB from distributor still for sale 18 months later.

That’s because they cost too much damn money!

#1928 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had a really good game. Would have been great but I f#%@ up. I was on last ball and didn't take a 3 ball multiball when I meant too. As soon as I hit smart button I thought how dumb was that. Tried to hard to light lock and needed one more hit to TB, but drained. I did get Combo Champion, plus finished both Toy Box and Elevator. I'll be back
[quoted image]

Ok you can put the glass back on now.

#1953 7 months ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

When I extract the downloaded code, I get only one file, in the instructions it states that there should be three files? Is that correct?

You dont have to extract the files. Once you download it click on the file and it should show you three parts to that file. Take your mouse and drag those 3 files to your USB file and drop them in. You will then see them uploading and when they are done take your memory stick out of the computer and stick it into your game and turn it on and it should start updating. If it freezes during the update shut your game off for a minute and turn it back on and try again.

If that doesnt work reformat your USB drive and be sure that there is nothing else on the USB drive except for the AS update that your drug and sropped in there.

#1987 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Once I reach final tour I’m thinking of resetting the scores, making CIU require 1 shot to qualify & reducing the ball save time on the Elevator & TITA MB’s.

You're never going to get there so you wont have to worry about it.

#2025 7 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having some trouble with two balls kicking out at once from the trough (has nothing to do with code update). The game self-corrects eventually, but any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Your balls might be magnatized.

#2027 7 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Ah yes--the simplest solution might be the best. I will replace them. They are over 1,000 games old now, so you're probably right. Thanks!

Please let us know if that fixes your problem. Is it me or does it seem like theres more magnet action since the code update?

#2029 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

I swear this fcker plays faster, louder, brighter & better now since the update.
Purdy sure the readme mentions enhancements to sound & lighting. Wonder if the coils were cranked up because I spell AEROSMITH a lot now via the slings & now that you mention it the magnet action is awarding me toy box locks more often than before (I think)

The lighting has some improvements for sure but i gotta say that i dont like how the lights go completely out at times because it makes me lose track of the ball too easily because i always play with the lights out.

#2044 7 months ago

My toy box shot is far less accurate now than it was before the update.

#2056 7 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Replaced the balls with new ones and that took care of the problem--they were magnetized. Now only one kicks out of the trough at a time. Thanks for the tip. The new code really kicks butt.

Glad that fixed your game and you are right, the new code really made this game worthy of owning. It's alot of fun for sure!

#2062 6 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I just had a great game of Aerosmith pro with extra balls off. I made it to final tour and completed It i also had a love in the elevator multiball where I collected a 237 million super jackpot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn Son! You’re a Beast!!!

#2083 6 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New code has upped the game too. Though I gotta laugh when I see “the game is totally different!” It’s not really. It’s 90% the same as before with some nice cream on the top to finish it all off.

Agree with this totally. They just polished up an already great game, gave us a few nice little extras and made it a very solid and fun game worthy of owning.

2 weeks later
#2096 6 months ago

Played some AS today and i know ive said it before but im gonna say again, this game is fun as hell and has some great feeling shots.

I know this game probably didnt sell all that well and it gets overlooked by alot of people but it shouldn't because its about as fun as any game out there in my opinion except for maybe IMDN and TWD. This game is sweet!

1 week later
#2101 6 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern posted on IG they’re finishing up the final run on AS

Already? Must not be selling very well?

#2104 6 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah that was a short run for sure. Damn short. Like 18 mos?
We lucked out big time they finished coding (polishing) it. I won’t tempt fate like that again. Too many other folks have been waiting longer for their game’s overdue update. Shit, I almost feel guilty we all made off so well. Almost like a survivors guilt lol.
On the flip side though I’m really glad Stern finished it & I’m glad I bought one. I think it’s gained “keeper” status for me. It contrasts my current line up so well.

Heck yeah, AS is good fun and im glad that i got one too. It may not be the best game ever made but its great fun for sure.

2 weeks later
#2122 5 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So in a smaller collection (7-10 pins) is Aerosmith too similar to Kiss to own both?

I would say no. I have AS but i dont have KISS. I have however played KISS quite a bit and i really like it and wouldnt mind having one. They are definitely similar but i don't really think that they feel that similar at all.

I have one buddy who kind of laughs at me about owning and liking AS but i don't care because AS is just flat out fun and i enjoy the hell out of it. I wont guarantee its bolted to my floor forever but it sure would be hard for me to get rid of it i can tell you that much. AS is also always a favorite when people come over, especially to new players. Its just fun.

#2132 5 months ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

New code is way better than the old one. Been playing it more now than when it was brand new!
Still could use some attract mode call outs though...

This game is legit and a ton of fun!

#2140 5 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is it true a lot of owners are having issue with node board with this pin?

Not to my knowledge.

1 week later
#2143 5 months ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

I like the pin I think it would be a lot better if it had Steven Tyler doing some of the call outs and when you have in adult mode it had more adult language other than that it’s a keeper for me. Hopefully they’ll do a coat update and polished this code it’s pretty solid now but it could be so much better.

They just did a code update and it is very very good right now. I would imagine that the code is considered done on AS.

#2146 5 months ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

But my bet is they’ll do one more code release at some point. I don’t think they have done the last run as of yet.

Im pretty sure that they announced the end of AS not long ago. It wasn't run for the typical 3 years like most games. Im not saying that they wont do another code update but i highly doubt that they will because the last update that they did was a really nice update and they exceeded everyone's expectations. Just make sure you have the latest update on your game right now because the game is fantastic now.

1 week later
#2151 4 months ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Just fell into the club. Haven't read all this. What is everyone's thoughts on this bumper (currently removed)
Just finished cleaning and rebuilding the game and starting to play a bit. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

You mean thoughts on the post that is missing between the 2 pop bumpers? Some guys i think were taking those out but i left mine in and i would probably put it back in if i were you personally. To each their own though.

#2155 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

Probably needs a new CPU like you said. The guys at Stern will get him fixed and running again in no time.

#2166 4 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yea that is probably what I should to do. It's more frustrating during MB when you're not necessarily watching the kick out from the elevator and you keep losing balls you shouldn't. I didn't bump the ball save up to 5 seconds after the kickout but I don't think that helps during MB.

I stuck a piece of ball dead drop foam on the inside of my scoop and that helped out a little. I also increased the ball save time on that kick out a little in case it shoots it SDTM.

#2168 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Joined the club today. Haven't even played the game yet, need to upgrade the code from the v1.02 that's loaded on it. Such a pretty game, definitely a keeper!

Congrats! You're going to love it, its a fun game.

#2178 4 months ago

Awesome news, i love this game!

#2200 4 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! LOL, didn't go into the code update. I'll download the file again from Stern and try in another thumb drive. It's just a cheapie USB 2 drive.
BTW, I did find a 'read me' at Stern whiched mentioned unzipping the files (root directory) to the thumb drive.
update: oops...I stuck them in a folder (duh) on the thumb drive

Pinball addicted is right. Drag all 3 files into your USB folder and drop them in. I didn't even have to unzip mine.

#2204 4 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How long does it take to update with a USB 2? Seems to be sitting at 531M for quite some time now...
Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated.

Mine stopped and i had to turn the game off and do the download a second time. It went right through on the second try

#2206 4 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

1.07 is finally installed. Thanks guys. Only problem now is the wifey is kicking my butt! I guess, I'm just delegated to just fixing the stable.

Well sorry but we cant help you if your wife is a better pinball player than you are. You are on your own there Pal lol.

#2223 4 months ago
Quoted from tp:

Is this what the new code should look like on the USB?
[quoted image]

Yes, drag all three of those to your USB folder and drop them in it and the update should work. My update did freeze up on the first try and i turned the game off for about a minute and turned it back on and the update went through with no problems on the second try. I also did not have to unzip the files by the way.

#2248 3 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

How much was the board?

I think they are around 600-650 dollars.