IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskeytango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2653 4 years ago

Just joined the club. It bricked when updating to the latest code, so I just pulled the SD card and flashed it anew.

We're big fans of the band, so this game should be enjoyable for a little while. I did order the plastic protectors, air ball fix and Stern fixes to get everything squared away.

3 weeks later
#2668 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered the Titan kit for their pro? I'm considering the one below and want to know if anyone found it missing pieces.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/852

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Compared to the Marco kit you get the 3 post sleeves which is great because they wear the most. You also get 2 more 3/16 inch rubber rings. It appears you're missing the 6 grommets - the very small but fat rings near the out lanes. Marco DOES supply these.

Do you mean the 7/16" OD rings?

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Sorrry ! The grommets go on the underside and fit the coil stops - check the elevator or scoop plunger on the underside. The marco kit has these. These rarely would go bad however so I wouldn't bother unless you're a purist. Your kit seems complete compared to the Marco kit. Neither kit has the 4 post rubbers nearest Jackie but these are fairly hidden and not subject to wear. Your kit DOES has the other 3 post rubbers however and these are very important.

Gotcha. I checked those and they appear to be in good shape. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2688 4 years ago

So.. the plastic for Love in an Elevator broke on my pro today. Does anyone have an extra or know of replacement/mod that will take its place? Thanks.

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Photo of broken piece/location?

Circled in red.Circled in red.It's the plastic that says, "Love In An Elevator"

If anyone has the piece intact and can get the number off of it, I might be able to look it up.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I haven't found any AS plastics available except the Jackie head and toy box lid. I'm trying to contact Stern direct - 'will let you know if I have any success.

Yeah. Most aren't readily available, but a distributer should be able to get whatever you need if you have the part number. The manual has the entire kit listed, but that might be overkill.

Aerosmith Playfield Plastics Kit 803-5000-I5

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.34.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.34.21 AM (resized).png
I think it's line 9, "BUTY # 42" 830-7046-42

#2693 4 years ago

The corner of the plastic has -42 on it, so I'm going to guess that it is part number 830-7046-42.

1 month later
#2756 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra plastic for "Love in an Elevator"? Stern will only sell it in a set and mine got smashed to bit recently. If not, can someone grab the exact measurements so I can make something out of PETG? Thanks!

1 month later
#2806 4 years ago

Took advantage of the extra home time and put some work in on Aerosmith.

- Mezel - Plastic Protectors (Slingshot & return lane)

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/aerosmith-pinball-plastic-protectors

- Mezel - Speaker Light Kit

https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/speaker-light-kit-spike-3

- OEM Shaker Motor

- Pinball Life - Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket Kit for SPIKE & SPIKE 2 Machines
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

- ULEK - Fluorescent Green Slime Covered Toy Box Acrylic
https://www.ulekstore.com/Flourescent_Green_Slime_Covered_MOD_p/green_acrylic_as.htm

- ULEK - Pop Bumper and Upper Plastic Protectors

https://www.ulekstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Popbump_Acrylic_protect-AS

- ModFather - Playfield Dice
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/aerosmith/products/aerosmith-playfield-dice?variant=34101822088

- Titan Rubbers (Clear, Light Blue & Purple Posts, Light Blue Flippers)

7 months later
#3199 3 years ago

I found a set of Aerosmith Side Armor locally NIB and put them on this weekend. Definitely a nice touch.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I finished version 1 of the live video replacement project. Gameplay video is below and shows all 9 songs having a new video instead of a Flash animation background of the band.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j6KGSozYS6ZFE3WP9
Several videos have some stuttering or slowdown during these songs: Rats in the Cellar; Back in the Saddle and Same Old Song and dance
It's because of all the added animations/overlays on those screens - rats walking around; lots of targets shown on the screens.
I'll see if lowering the bit rate on those several videos resolves the stuttering, but I don't want to reduce the video quality much more. Those several songs are already down to 1500kbps bit rate
It's too bad I couldn't complete a version in Pinball Browser by importing all videos without conversion. Without conversion, the videos play smoothly, but I cannot get all videos replaced because the image becomes corrupted before all can be replaced. Been a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming because of that. So I had to just go back to importing and allowing a conversion, which works, but not to my 100% satisfaction. But still, light years better than the original background graphics.

I'm looking forward to trying this when you get it tweaked.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I streamed the updated videos on Twitch a few days ago. Not sure how good the quality of the stream is, was testing out Twitch for the first time.
https://www.twitch.tv/p0mc/videos
I'll record new video and save it to Google Photos and post that link.

What SD Card did you use? I have some high speed ones that might perform differently.

1 week later
#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Game started resetting the PC mid game.
I left it off and it seems well with a short teat game.
It not like I score 100 mill a game....
Does anyone know if the quiet fan is the same strength or stronger than stock???

It's about half the airflow.

2 weeks later
#3228 3 years ago

I'm messing around with 1.07 on my Pro and here is what I have so far.

- Replaced Sweet Emotion with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Automatically set to Free Play

It's nothing fancy, but it works alright.

https://mega.nz/file/ZdoyQD6L#2It65pDwAai9AtFtFMovCWoyv2-zRLiTYynEELf_Jr4

I'm also working on replacing Walk This Way with the RUN DMC version.

LMK what you think. Cheers.

-Shaun

3 weeks later
#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm messing around with 1.07 on my Pro and here is what I have so far.

- Replaced Dude Looks Like a Lady with original music video
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance of Last Child from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Love In An Elevator video with original music video
- Replaced Sweet Emotion video with original music video
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video

Working on clips for Love in an Elevator ball lock, super spinners, etc.

https://mega.nz/folder/gBQ2DbRL#3EWh3fD2nktysbVWLrCwgA

Looking for feedback and change suggestions.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

If someone updates their Premium/LE with the updates above let me know.

I can give it a whirl.

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

If someone updates their Premium/LE with the updates above let me know.

Uploading now. I'm looking for ideas on other items to be replaced.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

If I don't like it can I just default back to the old videos?
Or do I need to save all that data somewhere just in case.
Already have a buddy setting up one of his spare USBs with the data.
Could be fun to try over the holidays.

It's best to do this on a separate SD card. Personally, I have a bunch of these on hand for when I mess around with games.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143RTB1E/

#3247 3 years ago

Couple of ideas:

Dude Looks Like a Lady has 12 different "lady" animations, 8 dudes & 4 ladies. I was thinking of pulling clips from videos where Steven Tyler is dressed/looks like a woman for the dudes and using various women from their video collection for the rest.

Attract Loop animations replaced with concert/live performance clips.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I will be sure to have 2 USBs.
My wife is not a huge fan of the run dmc WTW. One of her regular modes (dude is the other).
I have had the game locking up on me a bit lately. A code reinstall could be good in either case.

Not USB flash drives, SD cards.

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Do it. I got a premium, so if you need a tester let me know. Thanks for doing this.

The Pro & Premium/LE versions are in the same folder in their current iterations.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Is saving/restoring scores and settings doable ahead of swapping the Sd?

I'm pretty sure you can only backup the code and not the scores. They will still reside on the SD card when you remove it.

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Robin Williams in Miss Doubtfire, Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, John Travolta in 'Hairspray' and the movie Some like it hot Jack Lemmon.

I like where this going..

Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar, The Birdcage, Mulan?, Just One of the Guys

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Got it loaded on my premium. Free play, dude and walk this way works fine. The others look the same except sweet emotion is a black screen instead of the cartoons.
Thanks

Few things:

- Did you use the LE version of the file?
- I'll take a look at the Sweet Emotion video. It starts with a black screen, but then should play through. I used the same clip on my Pro and it's working.
- The video for Last Child should have been different as well.

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes right file used. Says LE on boot up. I just tried last child and it behaves exactly like sweet emotion. Black screen through game play. A few music notes graphics on that black screen.

Alright. I'm going to start with a fresh file and re-encode the videos.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes right file used. Says LE on boot up. I just tried last child and it behaves exactly like sweet emotion. Black screen through game play. A few music notes graphics on that black screen.

I uploaded a file with Free Play, Dude and Last Child. Both videos were imported using the app, so LMK.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

It’s all working. Turns out that etcher was the problem. You have to use win32imager. Let me know when you add more video.

Glad to hear it. New Premium/LE upload coming shortly.

#3271 3 years ago

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)

Content Changes:
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance of Last Child from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC version

Adjustments:

Take a look in the folder called "Ideas" which has the video clips I'm considering for other sequences.

Looking for feedback and ideas.

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Are there any videos you need that you don't have? Also, are you working with high quality videos? I used to be a Video DJ and I have tons of content all of which is HQ.

I'm working with whatever I can find on the internet and my home movie collection for the new VIP Pass video, Dude, etc. If you have high quality music videos, etc, PM me.

#3274 3 years ago

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)

v1.1
Content Changes:
- Replaced Toys In The Attic video with live performance from You Gotta Move
- Replaced VIP Pass video with clip from Wayne's World 2
- Replaced Dude1 video with clip from Mrs. Doubtfire
- Replaced Dude2 video with clip from Tootsie
- Replaced Dude3 video with clip from Rocky Horror
- Replaced Dude4 video with clip from Hairspray
- Replaced Dude5 video with clip from Birdcage
- Replaced Dude6 video with clip from Some Like It Hot (Not 100% happy with this one)
- Replaced Dude7 video with clip from Priscilla, Queen of The Desert
- Replaced Dude8 video with clip from To Wong Foo

Take a look in the folder called "Ideas" which has the video clips I'm considering for other sequences.

Looking for feedback and ideas.

v1.0
Content Changes:
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC version

Adjustments:

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Downloaded the Premium/LE version. Flashed to SD card. Game goes into a boot loop. It comes up to v. 1.07 LE, then just says "game restarting" at the bottom. It reboots over and over again. Thoughts?

I just imaged my game with the Pro version is it's working as expected.

djreddog Your collection says you have a Pro and you shouldn't use the Premium/LE code.

I will look through the Premium setup again and see if anything jumps out. They're both using the same assets, so I'm not sure what would be different.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Downloaded the Premium/LE version. Flashed to SD card. Game goes into a boot loop. It comes up to v. 1.07 LE, then just says "game restarting" at the bottom. It reboots over and over again. Thoughts?

Usual checks for me:
- Good brand Class 10 SD card, I use SanDiskUltra 16GB
- Format card on PC before first use
- Try factory download with your new SD card to confirm basic functionality

FWIW, I flashed a new card moments ago and it's working fine. I will upload fresh copies to the share now to be thorough.

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

So what the heck are you doing with Rats.
It's the 'dog' song of the pin.

The easy way out is to find concert footage, but I'm open to any and all ideas.

The one thing I really want to change right now are the tiles from Dude Looks Like a Lady(Scene 166). I replaced the eight dude videos, but the tiles that get displayed after you get them are still the old content. There are a lot of small image files to mess with and I'm going to see how long my patience lasts with that one.

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

The one thing I really want to change right now are the tiles from Dude Looks Like a Lady(Scene 166). I replaced the eight dude videos, but the tiles that get displayed after you get them are still the old content. There are a lot of small image files to mess with and I'm going to see how long my patience lasts with that one.

Each overlay "animation" is 53 images they play to simulate a video. Need to think about how to make this work.

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Curious, do you have video showing this in action on the machine? Curious as to how this actually looks as it sounds very cool!

It's just a bunch of video replacements, but I'll try and record something.

#3286 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Same here. I tried 3 different tools to flash the sd card, 2 different PCs, tried 3 different sd brands but still rebooting over and over.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what to say. I haven't had a single boot loop issue on my end. The only other thing I can think of it trying to find somewhere else to upload the file, but I don't think that's it. I only use one brand and type of card, Etcher and it's always worked for me.

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I ordered another sd card from Amazon to see if that works. If anyone succeeds with a premium please post.

I was finally able to recreate this problem. Now that I'm able to see it, I should be able to resolve it. Thanks.

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from rocket_man:

Has anyone else had a problem of the plastic in front of the elevator cracking? I assume that this from multi-ball when 2 balls get stuck in the elevator.
[quoted image]

The plastic with the test broke on my Pro. Too many hits. I wish there was a protector for that one.

9 months later
#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from K-27:

Saw this on YouTube... Pretty cool topper!!

I replaced all the backboard lights with flex RGBs from comet(pointed down) to provide a similar effect.

1 month later
#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone know where to purchase a plastic protector set that may include protection for the plastics left of the toybox and elevator? (Pro)
Those two areas get beat quite a bit. Thanks!

Pops
https://www.ulekstore.com/Clear_Acrylic_Plastic_Pop_Bumper_Upper_Protector_p/popbump_acrylic_protect-as.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 12.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskeytango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=whiskeytango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.