IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for taking those pics - the art looks even better the closer you look!

1 month later
#94 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In or AS Prem? Dialed In wins that one.

Disagree -> Aerosmith is awesome fun in a "quick game" style game. Dialed In has a certain style to it that fits the deep + complicated + long game style game. Both are good, it just depends what you want. For me, AS is preferred. Obviously, you like WOZ as it's your avatar , so you like the deep, complicated, long playing games. Plus the artwork and fun animations just puts AS over the top. Dialed in has GREAT video features, but they just don't do it for me - I prefer what was done on AS as it's plain and simply just more fun for me. Both games shoot very well, with Dialed in being super smooth. Definitely the best flow of the 3 JJP games.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Plenty of Pro gameplay vids available. Anyone know of a good Prem/LE video to watch?

Deadflip did an early twitch video showing Aerosmith Premium.

2 weeks later
#171 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious how you owners feel about the game so far, especially if it were in a smaller collection with Metallica? How deep will rules go, and lasting power in a smaller collection? Really like what I see so far.

It's a great game - I have MET, TWD, AC/DC, Tron, GB, LOTR, ST and more - and the ONLY game everyone wants to play is AS.

Rules are PLENTY deep - A bit deeper than Tron, which is awesome too. Not as deep as Keith's games: Hobbit, Woz, LOTR, TSPP - but nothing else is anyway. Lasting power will be GREAT IMO - for me it's right there with MET, TWD and Tron (top picks for me).

I'm a good judge of games, and AS is a big winner for sure

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd wait and see how it develops. Code is okay, but pretty shallow from what I've played of it. I'd much rather spend time on a Metallica Pre or KISS Pre or LE than AS at the moment. IF I could only do one additional machine, I'd go with a non-music pin like Dialed In or Houdini (which is looking really special).

Vic - Konghusker asked how "owners" feel about the game. You didn't buy one did you?

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think this can be sterns best game since MET. I'm really shocked that I'm saying that.

I'm not - People have been giving Aerosmith bad reviews without playing it "enough" (or at all LOL).
Welcome to the club!

1 month later
#296 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All this means is that if you can't compare your scores to Pro. Kind of a silly argument. I'm sure there are other (better) reasons to go Pre/LE.

You're missing the point.
What you are saying is equivalent to: "AC/DC would be a better game if you removed the bell feature - all it does is change the scoring"

Here is a more direct analogy to make it clear - these 2 statements are pretty much the same:
----- It's more fun to have the 2x / 3x PF Multiplier feature of the AC/DC bell, then to remove it.
----- It's more fun to have the 2x PF Multiplier feature of the AS upper playfield, then to remove it.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i have had the game for 24 hours...never played it or saw it in person before buying. very, very happy with my decision. great art and music package. my only gripe is when i match i don't hear the credit knock...is it me or all you guys?

There is a bug with the credit knock - it knocks 1 less time than it's suppose to.
1 player matches: - no knock -
2 players match: 1 knock
3 players match: 2 knocks
4 players match: 3 knocks

1 month later
#408 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

the animation of the woman getting into the elevator with Steven Tyler should play and part of the "Love in an Elevator" intro from the Pump album should be heard... "Going dowwwwn? (Steven Tyler laughing)"

If you listen closely, when the animation is playing (currently) you can hear exactly what you said: "Going dowwwwn - and then Steven Tyler laughing".

#453 6 years ago

To fix the right ramp rejects...

Add a clear plastic over the first 3-4 inches of the lane (top of the ramp).
I did this with a very thin clear plastic piece -> the kind that would cover an instruction card.

The ball has the potential to launch off the top of the right ramp and get air born, which then causes it to jiggle in the lane and lose momentum. Having the lower "cover" keeps the ball from getting too much air, and makes it smoother.

NOTE: Stern has a deflector above that same area, but it's too high. Probably because they wanted to keep it open for cleaning of the upper playfield.

1 week later
#514 6 years ago

I prefer the Premium/LE - I really enjoy the entire upper playefield set up. It makes the game more exciting IMO.

6 months later
#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I'd love GB if it weren't for this huge blunder, & putting an add-on apron post in the middle (as some have done) is, IMHO f'en ridiculous.

Why would it be ridiculous to fix a known mistake by either adding a post or getting longer flippers?

5 months later
#1720 5 years ago

NEW Interactive Game Guide for Aerosmith: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=902

-- Displays Shots on Shot Map for selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones

Please check it out

pbz_aerosmith (resized).pngpbz_aerosmith (resized).png
#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I also have a 2013 pro model Star Trek. Is there anything like this out there for this game?

Sure - Here is Stern Star Trek: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=884

If you go here: http://pinballzoo.com/Games you can search for any game
- I've got almost every game in the system, but only have rules/guides for around 30 games so far

2 weeks later
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

somebody give me some highlights.
All i could gather was outlane sounds and some scoring adjustments.

Highlights
-----------
- Skill shot and Super Skill Shot Added - they award Smart Missiles (1 for skill shot, 2 for super)
- Smart Missiles can be earned on Skill Shots (same as above, but important)
- Medley Multiball Wizard mode is like SOS on Tron -> you can Complete the Modes you haven't completed when playing them
--- this helps advance towards "Final Tour Wizard Mode" - as you must complete all of the modes to get there (also play the 2 main MBs)
--- If you complete ALL requirements for Final Tour before getting to Medley, you get a 200M Bonus
- Modes have been reworked - mostly to be easier -> and they are all 50 seconds long
--- CIU does not add time to modes any more (but the mystery may)
--- Crank It Up is lit as soon as the modes start (by default) -> there is an adjustment to require X shots to light CIU (defaults to 0)
- Love in an Elevator MB scoring is reworked - more lucrative now -> especially if you can reach Floor 9 as you collect a SUPER JP of the total of your JPs
- Final Tour Wizard mode has been reworked
- Various smaller fixes and enhancements

#1855 5 years ago

I've updated the Aerosmith Game Guide for version 1.06:

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=903

#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

what do smart missles do? Complete mode shots?

It should award the "Best Shot" at the time you use it (with possibly a few exceptions).

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So dumb question if it awards best shot, how do you know when would be an appropriate time to use?

Experience will let you know! Seriously, what the software decides is the best shot will probably match what you think is best - but may sometimes be different.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So in other words the pro is still the best version?

Pro was never the best version on Aerosmith - unless you like that bare bones type of openness (which some people do).

IMO the upper playfield is implemented extremely well for what it's trying to accomplish. The difficulty is a great balance for it's reward of 2X playfield and it adds a great deal of strategy when playing competitively. Love in an Elevator Multiball works better on the Premium/LE due to the extra drop target integration for qualifying MB, and the Elevator Floor Jackpots feed the 2X Playfield strategy.

4 months later
#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im guessing that they just added more time to the sing timers probably right? I guess we could put the timers back to where they were before the update and it would be like it was? The only problem is i don't know where they used to be set at.

They didn't mention changing the song timers - but they might have.

This is what the read me says changed (relevant to the discussion)...

- Added game logic and an adjustment to make Sweet Emotion easier to finish,
default = EASY. Now, upon timing out, the mode preserves it's progress.
Previously (and now the HARD setting) the mode resets it's progress.

- Changed the behavior of 3 modes, i.e. Back in the Saddle, Rats in the Cellar
and Walk this Way. Now these modes will count down and time out if not completed.

- Added game logic and an adjustment to change the difficulty of advancing
towards Medley Multiball. Previously Medley Multiball was advanced by making
1 shot during each mode/multiball. Now, with the "SHOTS NEEDED TO QUALIFY MEDLEY MULTIBALL"
adjustment, the game can be adjusted to require more shots to advance to this
wizard mode feature. Default = 1 shot.

So "Sweet Emotion" is easier, BitS, RitC and WtW will time out, and Medley Multiball difficulty (to start) is adjustable.
- BitS, RitC and Wtw - this change affects getting to Final Tour - but does NOT change getting to Medley Multiball
- The Shots Needed to Qualify adjustment defaults to the same value as before - so it shouldn't be harder

My suggestions for making it easier would be similar to Who-Deys...
- shorten the Song Timer(s)
- change "Shots Needed to Qualify" to Zero

7 months later
#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Someone please answer this question: I just don't understand why all my pinball buddies have a huge hate on for AS. I've loved it since the day I bought it. In my eyes it's going to be a keeper, right beside my Metallica. Every time I hear "oh, you should trade Aerosmith" I'm like STFU already. Can someone explain their reasoning? It's such an fun game.

It's really not about the game - they are just against the band (even though they will tell you that's not true).

There are MANY people that are anti-Aerosmith the band. If you check the threads regarding the announcement of the game coming, people were knocking it before they even saw the game. Most of these people are Hard Rock / Heavy Metal fans and IMO they felt betrayed by Aerosmiths second half of their career, since they started out as "great hard rockers" and the later years added more ballads and radio friendly tunes --- many view them as sell-outs.

1 month later
#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

We love our Aerosmith pro. I'd like to turn the power down on the flippers though if possible. Also the toybox randomly chucks the balls out now and then. If I pull and push the toybox opto connectors it plays fine for about a week. Is there a more permanent fix? Thanks

You've kind of answered your own question...
- Reflow the solder joints on your opto connectors (if they are not soldered, crimp the connectors tighter)
- Make sure the optos are clean, and adjusted as well as possible (facing directly at each other)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=t7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.