17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1124 5 years ago

Where can I find the toy box kickout protector at. 300 game in and kick out is starting to round out.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Email [email protected] and tell him you want the Aerosmith ball launch kickout protector.

Ok Thanks it may be first of week before I contact them, I have a order that arrives tomorrow, art blades, shaker motor, LED's and about eight other items $$ for AS. I'll get a topper soon as possible. Thanks again

#1144 5 years ago

I've had my game 3 weeks now, 425 games in , when I was cleaning and wax playfield today the upper post between pops was super loose and ready to fall out. Just saying. As far as scoring I'm the one who needs to work on my game 140mI'll.

#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some Loctite on the thread of that screw. Won't happen again.

Thanks for the info, I have red and blue, owne a couple Harleys. I've seen the ball spinning wildly at time and it may have been the cause. Wishing for some good code to come out. Been checking every day. One day I'll be surprised.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One day later this year. It's not coming anytime soon, according to Stern. Given that Aerosmith is just a hack from KISS rules, I doubt there will be much in the way of more changes and additions to Aerosmith rules, just fixes, and some minor improvements, most-likely.

I hopeful it will have like high score for each song, more use of shaker motor. Call out for drain. at times it think my left flipper goes limp. I guess I got spoiled with TWD code. I'm ready to buy another pin but want to see Aerosmith developed.

#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aerosmith is just a hack from KISS rules

Yes I see that Lonnie R did software for both games. Let me say now that the next game that is a Stern will have Lyman S. Under the hood.

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern hired a bunch of new coders, so hopefully there's another Lyman and Dwight in the bunch. Time will tell.

I purchased this one without doing homework, my 8 year old niece want me to get a music pin. So I got one with a LCD screen. She likes it, and wife has played more games on this one in three week than in 8 year on some 11 pins I had. So I guess I can't complain. I still got my eye on GoT and something else.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing wrong with Aerosmith at all. The game is beautiful, its fun as hell, it's challenging, and the code is pretty damn solid. I dont care if it is a rehash of the Kiss code or not, its still pretty good. I love my AS Pro!

With 400 plus game, it's a fun game, great art work, toy box with 6 Ball lock, back door lock, CIU, and love in an elevator. it's one of my favorites. Just looking for more than Grand Champion and High Score 1,2,3,4 and Combo. Love the game (sweet emotion) don't mean to sound like I'm trashing it at all. Love my AS

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

here are some new rules cards i put together. I really like the photo of the band.

They look great, I wanted to make some, but to busy trying to beat my high score. I'll shall print and use them. I change mind out often.

#1172 5 years ago

After waxing pin this week I must have moved right ramp rail. Now about 70% of the time ball flys off rail. And half that time goes over the right flipper and drains. I need a full roll cage or tweek rail. Lol

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you wax the ramps also or just the playfield?
All games get faster when you give them a wax and its usually pretty fun, not on AS though lol.

I just did the playfield only, it was soooo slick the ball looked like it was sliding across playfield and not rolling. Then when I did a power shot for the orbit, but missed and hit the ramp it was like WTF. After it went all air ball and hit the glass.

#1175 5 years ago

I just remembered that I did install new Perfect Play silicone rubber. That made it look like a cue ball with some English put on it. So let's see 500 game in and I've waxed playfield, New Bands six new balls and a ton of fun CIU.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Game is as is from when i opened it out of NIB. Im not recalling a post out of the poppers tho. Ill double check in case maybe it was forgotten.

My post was lose that sets between the pop bumpers. Didn't find it until I did my first wax job. About game 450 or so. Aka three weeks. Check to make sure it's tight.

#1199 5 years ago

Just installed new art blades, so while I'm under the hood I had to remove the stock Leg brackets and install something to hold the cabinet together. I don't want the Shaker breaking side off when the new codes done is and we go from a 4 cylinder to a Boss 429. Wait wrong game. lol NOTE the Toy Box Lid Flasher. Dollar Tree Marker By Jot 10 count, use the smaller markers for small post. (right of TB) I also used them at out lanes.

IMG_5369 (resized).JPGIMG_5369 (resized).JPG

IMG_5365 (resized).JPGIMG_5365 (resized).JPG

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes I was very excited to see it until I read the release notes

I checked everyday for the last month for a update, I said, I know there was one coming. But for me, I'm not downloading it. Not the update I'm looking for.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Skill Shot?
Outlane sounds?
Song selection bug?
Scoring changes?
Score keeping changes?
New modes?
New sounds?
Nothing?
Good thing they got Switzerland all squared away tho lol

Gotta get passport and move to Switzerland for code update.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

And that is the true concern here. Why would they release an update that is 99% tech and pricing unless it may be the final one?

We the consumer can say to, this is the final one. This update is 3 days late. The 1st was Sunday. April Fools

#1232 5 years ago

This is the code that I needed for my EM Jacks to Open. At last, thanks Lonnie

#1235 5 years ago

ya the update to code doesn't do much for HUO. I'm in market for another pin. But will hold off on Iron Maiden until I see who doing software. I'm looking at Metallica or AC/DC now. (something with code)

#1248 5 years ago

This is the way I'm feeling about this game. It's high in the ranking so it's got to be a blast to play.
I'll be heading to a poll to check it out. This (Met) or That (AC/DC)

Quoted from Pin_Guy:I love my Metallica, its just too much fun not to like even though I was never a big Metallica fan.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I also picked a pro up today. Looks like I have some reading to do before I start asking questions.

Congrats, looking good. That new pin smell.

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I wish the code update could have fixed the no sound on the drains. It's not a big deal but it's so annoying not to have it working. Good place to add the first callout from Steven too.

and add sound when you push right or left flipper button when game sets idle.

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Bummer. It froze up at around 4,000 on the progress bar. I really hope it’s just the SD card. The bootloader should never get wiped out by a bad file - that’s the first rule of bootloaders.

I have a copy of code over 1.03.0 also if you need it. My TWD wouldn't update, one of the ROM chip pins was bent and not connected. But your problem sounds worse. Keep us posted. I downloaded new code too but have no intention of updating. Good luck swampfire

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I had this install freeze 3 times before it finally completed...I see similar issues with BM66, but have no idea why

Is the update worth installing for HUO. Or wait for the next " final" ver. I see you got a great collection of pins.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody have any custom instruction cards? Thanks!!!

Instruction card
Post #1179

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Instruction card
Post #1179

Page 24

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've never seen it work properly either.

I typed one in, but never seen it. Hell I forgot what I typed in.

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Jacky has a dimpled chin. He’s a handsome devil compared to the well walker. I’d say even nicer looking than Sparky. Can I say that?

Ditto

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey fellas, new to the club! Anyone know if the backbox and cab speakers are 4ohm or 8? I kinda figured the backbox were both 4 ohm and cab was 8 but wanted to ask. New update just really got me thinking of replacing backbox with some 2 ways or something... thanks!

It should be in manual, that sound right. But double check. If you don't have a manual then head to SternPinball.com find game and download manual.

#1294 5 years ago

The backbox speakers are 8 ohm 4 watts part# 031-5004-02 and the cabinet is also 4 ohm part #031-5007-01 not sure of watts.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Check out the flipper fidelity options for the speakers that have the same mounting pattern. You can order them with a lower profile if you eventually want to get a speaker light kit. That's the route I'm going on the next credit card billing cycle.

Hopefully tilted81 Will see the post so he can upgrade to a premium speaker.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn, I love this game!!!!!

I've complained about the code but, Damn your right, it's been my go to pin. When i think I'm getting better and then the game let's me know I'm not by giving me a 5 mill game.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Is there any reason sometimes the toybox closes and the launched ball hits Jacky in the face rather than going into the box when it's open? I'm guessing it's because lock isn't lit and yet somehow the box is open, therefore not earned?
I feel sorry for the little guy.

Lets say your lock is lit and it's going to launch your first ball into toy box. But say player 1 already has two ball locked it will not put your (toy) in box but you'll get credit for it. Jacky knows how to count.

#1320 5 years ago

I just watched some game play for Iron Maiden. I heard at least 4 diffent call out for lane drains. A lot of call outs for game play. And I believe about 10 high score champions. (loop, combo, spinner, spinner meltdown, 3 bank target champion, Ace high and Fear the dark champion) and more. When a match happened at end of game you heard it. Aerosmith is next in line for a overhaul, hang on to toy box Jacky.

#1325 5 years ago

If your updating code and the updating freezes for 10 minutes. Do you just turn off at power switch and wait for LED lights to go out and then try again? Thanks in advance.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If your updating code and the updating freezes for 10 minutes. Do you just turn off at power switch and wait for LED lights to go out and then try again? Thanks in advance.

Yes, If update freezes, just turn game off, wait and repeat, 4th time was a charm.

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Someone posted saying there's an adult mode in AS settings. ? Is this true and I've missed it?

I seen it today. When I updated code. I'm thinking setting # 40.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Leftover from DMD system menu framework. Lazy coding.

Yes, I put message in today but nothing. " Walk This Way or Get In Toy Box" Hopefully Tim Sexton will be getting this pin to recode. He plays pinball and knows what the players want.

#1333 5 years ago

Under FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #1
Adult Content Yes factory default

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Here is what I don't get...why can't things like all the different high score champion, lane drain callouts, etc just be stock code "snippets" that the programmer essentially just drops in? I mean if it has been coded on one SPIKE game already, I can't imagine it takes much to tweak the rough code and apply it to another.

If I had the resources. I would download iron maiden code and see what would happen in AS.

#1339 5 years ago

It seems after I updated code, when the ball is bouncing off the pop bumpers, back and forth and all around it sounds like a drum solo. Or maybe it was because I had the volume cranked up.

#1342 5 years ago

Just went to Stern's to check on update. Not one for AS yet, but Batman got another one, second one in a week. We don't need a update on the 13th. We'll wait till Monday.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This was not the second in a week. It's actually been 5 plus weeks and the software has been a year and half in the making.....

You are correct, V0.88.0 - Feb. 22, 2018 was last update. I should have read the READ ME. I miss spoke, l mean text.

3 weeks later
#1387 5 years ago

Just install Spike knocker interface kit from BPL. No more screech, Aerosmith has knocker(s). If you match or high score. Good Times

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My game arrives Tuesday. Just checked out the Iron Maiden thread and saw cabinet splitting issues are being discussed. I remember hearing about these with Aerosmith in the early run. Mine will be home use only on carpet with sliders. Do I need to get the B/W brackets to install? No issues on my SW premium after 800+ plays and it is just as arrived from factory.

I installed Brackets in all four corners on my Aerosmith within a week of ownership, and installed shaker. Didn't want it to fall apart. Thanks for the info on IM thread.

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lighted flipper button question: do purple flipper lights look good on the blue pro cabinet? Any pictures would be appreciated.

They make blue one's. That may be a better choice.

#1424 5 years ago

Wait for it. Code is on the way. Then it's game on. I'll say on June 6th
What says you.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy AS and GotG, just that they won't be much better than they are right now unless Lonnie gets an assist from another programmer and I doubt Lyman has the time again.

Any pin I buy from here on out will be coded by anyone but LR. Even if it's a pin that has released years ago!

#1443 5 years ago

Why does my left flipper go limp at times. I thought I was imagining this at first. But it has cost me some big points doing TB MB. My friend said something about it the other day. But I paid it no mind.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most likely your EOS switch needs to be adjusted. Less likely, your power supply can't keep up or isn't set to 48v output. Have you had any game resets during heavy action?

I have had one reset doing a MB when all hell was breaking loose. I'll check EOS switch and output voltage ASAP (Saturday). Thanks

#1447 5 years ago

Only feels limp when I have a 4-6 ball MB. May be a power issue.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Older houses may be insufficient, especially when other stuff on the same breaker are on.

I did call power company once because outlets were reading 117 volts. It's raining all weekend so I'll be in game room, checking voltage and installing mods and of course playing pinball.Thanks Vireland

#1451 5 years ago

With my weak flipper here's what I have so far. Wall receptacle / Surge protector : both reading 119.4 volts. Good There
Game power supply: all three lugs reading 48.6 Good There. EOS, moving the left (problem flipper) by hand it all looked the same as the right (good) flipper. I adjusted the leafs on the left closer. No help, still like hitting ball with a wet noodle. Will move farther away. If that doesn't work calling Chas at 1800kickers

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Generally, EOS switches want to be further away.
rd

You are correct , after thinking about what I had done. It was like what was I thinking. After moving it away it works a lot better. Even doing TBMB and Love in the Attic. It seem to be fixed. Thanks for your input. rd

#1455 5 years ago

I put some PerfectPlay™ silicone rings on my slings and they didn't last much over a month. My right sling kept scoring points. So when I checked it out the ring was almost split into. I put the stock ones back on. They really took a beating at the post and where flatten as well on the left sling.

#1459 5 years ago

After my last update Jacky still said after hitting him in the head: WHAT THE #%$*

#1464 5 years ago

Yes callouts for launch need to be shorter. But you have time to drink and then get ready if ball missed toy box.
The flashing inserts for TOYS don't bother me. Just lock ball(s) as fast as you can to get them to stop. There, problem solved.

#1466 5 years ago

I must be wrong about Jacky and the F . Need someone with pinball browser to check and verify that it is or isn't in there. Let look for new code update soon. I'm still going to say June 6th. Stern has all other game code looking good. Plus, summer is almost here.

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

since we haven’t seen any updates at all yet... any guess what we may see?

I'm hoping at least a high score for each mode (song). My pin if you can't put up 200 mill you get no recognition. I've had a killer Sweet Emotion but not a high score. So once again no recognition. IMDN has a spinner high score. Let's get that too. Right ramp high score. Let's get it all.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That quote is definitely in the ROM. I was planning to replace the tilt sound with it.

That would be a good place to use the F . Lol I knew I had heard it even after doing the updated code. But not as often. If the kids are playing, I'm like waiting to hear "what the" so I can distract them and make some noise.

#1472 5 years ago

Yes it would be nice to see more chances to get your name on the screen. I will say the light show is great.

#1476 5 years ago

My game is approching 1000 games. Next time I'm under the hood I'll check toybox opto wires.
I would hate to disable the toybox and play without it.

#1487 5 years ago

Today is the 1st of June. I'm still saying code update coming June 6th. We shall see. Flippers Crossed. Just ordered PinStadium light (shipped today) just received Pinovators PINsmx Passive Subwoofer mixer and PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit (330-041). I'll be ready for update.

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No code update on the 6th. I was at the NYC pinball championships when discussions of this was going on. It’s happening mid-summer.

Man you sound like Aerosmith, Same old Song And Dance. You posted that
#1411. I'm trying to Dream On. I'll have a new pin by then and this will become a Toys in the Attic.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After all this time, these updates gotta be huge, right?

Fix the custom message so it works. Remove the limits on Super Spinner, Super Ramps, Super Pops and all the other Super Modes and make them a High Score too. How super is it when you hit them and reach the limit. Lets see Hight Toys in the Attic Score, High Love in a Elevator, High Super Scoreing High Walk this way, High Sweet Emotion and all the other modes (songs) , High Pops, Ramps and so on and so on. After seeing IMDN I want more more more. What Say You
The light show is great!

#1502 5 years ago

Smart Button, forgot all about it. Kids use it to launch ball. 3 way Combos that's the ticket. We want code that takes this game to the Top 15. Their are still LE available.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Toy box multi ball. my decisions on ball three are different then ball two and in the frenzy I can loose track.

That's what make my decission too. When you think your on ball two, launch the ball only to see it's ball 3. Now you're trying to get a extra ball or light TB lock and lock ASAP. Yes and let's work that shaker motor too!

#1510 5 years ago

Once we get update, this thread will light up again. I love this game. If I didn't I wouldn't have just bought PinStadium lights for it, should arrive this week. I just want one more mode for it and you need to download it. It's called " CODE"

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer, starting with Aerosmith first.

Thanks for the update on the status of upcoming code.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Tyler looking particularly “pirate” in this photo ...
rd

Could have played in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Rrrrrrrd

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wait for it. Code is on the way. Then it's game on. I'll say on June 6th
What says you.

Well todays the day I picked for code to be updated. I was close, the update for the code came out on the 5th by way of STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS. Technically that was a code update. Lol We all know by now the game will have new code mid-summer nights dream. Have you played your pins today?

#1523 5 years ago

More
Star Treck code.. wah wah wah

I thought you was someone important, from Stern. No "C" in StarTrek

1 week later
#1527 5 years ago

.. wah wah wah

Nope. Meant to mispell it horribee. SternTrek

#1530 5 years ago

Just my 2 cents. But ever time I see a picture of back box the brightness must be at 100% because it's hard to see any detail. In Standard Adjustment #68 I set my Attract mode at 50% and #69 Game Play at 25%. What say you.

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Calling all owners of the next sleeper hit from Stern!

This Giant has been sleeping for 18 months. Tomorrow is the 1st day of summer. June 21st. Last day of summer Sept. 22. August 6th mid- summer. Count down 45 days or less to go.

#1556 5 years ago

That's not good, I'll be checking mine tomorrow. Time to wax again anyway at game 800ish. Thanks for the post

Quoted from Moeman65:Anyone experience the automatic ball shooter on Aerosmith falling off? After almost 1200 games mine fell off tonight causing the balls to fall down into the cabinet. It would be a good time before it falls off to check the screw on the right side of the assembly and tighten as necessary.

1 week later
#1561 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to do a team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting to "yes" team score. Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2.
Something else thst needs to be put in code update.

#1563 5 years ago

New blades look good and just on time for new code. I'm thinking at this point around 30 days. I hope they add Team Play to code, (that Works)

Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:So I put the Stern KISS art blades in my Aerosmith on the weekend and I'm pretty happy with the result.
I was surprised how much more reflective light was added to the playfield just from installing the blades.
(Not sure why Stern even produced these for Kiss as the colours seem like an odd choice for it.)

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

If you "Crank It Up" during Walk This Way, then the above will happen. Same with Rats in the Cellar & Back in the Saddle.

It's best not to hit "Crank it Up" in those Modes. Because if you do an drain you won't get Super Ramps or Super Spinner or Super Pop Bumpers

Quoted from Crile1:

How come when I drain a ball during Walk This Way I have to choose a new song on the start of the next song instead of continuing the mode with the remaining time? Instead it marks the mode complete without the super ramps awarded. Is this the way the game is supposed to play or is this a big that needs to be fixed?

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I just joined the club! I got my LE from Cointaker and love it.

Welcome to the club. You got it just in time for new code update in about 30 days. I like the light show at multiball, lights sweep across playfield. Enjoy and Crank it Up.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This Giant has been sleeping for 18 months. Tomorrow is the 1st day of summer. June 21st. Last day of summer Sept. 22. August 6th mid- summer. Count down 45 days or less to go.

This is my post #1552. I said August 6th

#1582 5 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – JULY 2018
Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters.

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Seems like the calm before the storm here before code drops.
What’s supposed to happen in Medley Multiball? I finally got through all the modes (like 2nd time ever) and it gave me a 3 ball Multiball with some version of Same Old Song and Dance. I failed to make all the shots and Medley Multiball just ended. Kinda a letdown. I know, I know... play better.

It is the calm before the storm. You have got farther than I. I choke when I get Super Scoring, 2 - 4 million is the best. But I don't want to do to good now. Code will reset score. That's what I tell myself. Lol

#1596 5 years ago

If Stern has the right people going the code, that also live and play pinball, code will be great. STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – JULY 2018
Aerosmith updates are deep in development. (That sounds promising) I seen Tim Saxton do a tutorial on Aerosmith. He would be good for code update. IMO

1 week later
#1607 5 years ago

Just installed the Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket from PBL. Now can slide playfield out an additional 12" when I go to work on it. It work really well when I waxed playfield today. I have only inches between backboxes so this helped a lot. While I was at it I moved out lanes post to help reduce drains. Will move back when new "Deep Code" is released.

20180721_104834 (resized).jpg20180721_104834 (resized).jpg20180721_104854_HDR (resized).jpg20180721_104854_HDR (resized).jpg
#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Awesome! How was installation? Do you have to (pre)drill any holes? Or are the holes already there from the factory?

You need to pre-drill them. But there a punch marks already on underside of playfield. Just put tape on drill bit to mark depth and go slow.

#1611 5 years ago

My TWD is next and that will be as soon as I get off work. It seems as if I'm always going under the hood to do something. But like I said worked well for waxing playfield in my tight quarters.

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Swapped out the t-molding on my le. The chrome didn't work so I went purple.
First pic is one on each side, 2nd is end result.

The purple T-molding looks like it should have come from factory. Looks Good.

#1615 5 years ago

Sold mine... Out of club .

Code update will be killer in 16ish days. The grass isn't always greener. Walk this Way.

#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New code in 16 days? And you know this how?

Stern of the union said Aerosmith would be first sometime in mid-summer. August 6th is mid- summer. To answer question (wishful thinking) plus they said it is deep in development.

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wouldn't put too much into that. Hopefully its true but im not holding my breath.

And I did add "ish" to that date. Besides by then you'll be playing IMDN Premium and forget all about a Awesome Aerosmith Code Update.

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is normal. Dont ask me why but it is.

Lonnie Ropp

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No facts. They announced in March it would be mid-summer. August is as close to mid-summer is possible and with the State of the Union happening next Tuesday, the timing would make sense.

August 6th is mid- summer.

#1656 5 years ago

I'm looking at getting another pin, but tired of waiting 2 year for code after game has been released. Aerosmith had been out 14 month before I purchased. Just knew code was just around the corner. Man was I Wrong.

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just avoid Lonnie games and you'll avoid quite a bit of code disappointment.

That's for sure and what I posted some time back.
I have a Mustang Premium and wasted money on a shaker motor. I feel it shake 1 time per ball, at launch. That game was abandoned halfway through production.

#1679 5 years ago

AS is a good game and code is about to be polish. (Next week). Crile1 is right about IMDN, I finally play it 2 weeks ago. Put in 2 bucks for 5 games. Won 2 games but couldn't wait to get off. I'm looking for a new pin myself. Gave a list of pins (6) to some friends to play and let me know what they like. No one picked IMDN. $4500 Aerosmith Pro get it. Or if you want new Star Wars, GOTG, MET or TWD

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy bargain with the $2/5 plays on a new machine. Where was that? Someone isn't doing a split or isn't making money.

Flippers Arcade
6615 Caratoke Hwy,
Grandy, North Carolina 27939
Most of all the new games are LE or Premium. Tron on up. Can't beat the price

#1686 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Flippers Arcade
6615 Caratoke Hwy,
Grandy, North Carolina 27939
Most of all the new games are LE or Premium. Tron on up. Can't beat the price

20180716_073709 (resized).jpg20180716_073709 (resized).jpg20180716_073719 (resized).jpg20180716_073719 (resized).jpg20180716_073725 (resized).jpg20180716_073725 (resized).jpg
#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

That place is awesome. I stop by every time I am around.

We do the same, it's also on our stops to and from the OBX. They have a Fall tournament in November. As well as a Spring one in April too.

OBX FLIPPERS FALL TOURNAMENT.
11-16-18

#1691 5 years ago

Ok I was wrong, no more predictions on Code release. Just enjoy what you have. ha ha

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Aerosmith – Work continues on the next Aerosmith update and it’s taking longer than anticipated with internal development, testing, and trying to make a great game even better! Our goal is to release this by the end of next month.

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Apparently Stern has completely stopped production on Aerosmith already
Great game, hopefully it gets another run

If it doesn't get another run, it would only increase the value of the one already produced.(maybe) It's a great game, but lack of code has keep it down. Kind of like Mustang, that code was never completed. Poor sale and production halted. Now that the bar has been rising because of IMDN all game may get a polish and shine like they were meant too. IMO

2 weeks later
#1726 5 years ago

Where's the Beef.
[quoted image]

Stern seen that code needed more than polishing. So it's going to be end of summer. . you still have time to purchase a new game.

1 week later
#1746 5 years ago

We'll we're almost there. What's another week or three. My game is on 10 ball now. My score is about 3.5 time better now. I'll only lose high score with new code. Lol

#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you think AS is a blast just wait until you play IMDN! You are gonna shit!

You certainly have a right to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

#1767 5 years ago

Code must be ready, here's why. Went to work yesterday, turned radio on Aerosmith Walk This Way. Get off work 12 hours later, Aerosmith Dream On. Wake up and go to Lowe's 5 hours later 1st full song. Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge. As so as code is up I'll be "Back in the Saddle" again.

#1778 5 years ago

The 1 day I don't check for code update. I read about it here. I'll have to read how great it is too. Will be Saturday before I have time to install.

#1786 5 years ago

I think PW79 and myself knew it need more than polishing. Stern knew too. Never seen update so long , can't wait to put update to use.

#1787 5 years ago

That's one small step for Stern, one giant leap for Aerosmith Pinball.

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Fuuuuuuk the readme needs an audiobook
Got F'n Dayumn lol

I had to rest my eyes. Then come back to finish.

#1795 5 years ago

1. Download
2. Install undate
3. Play, Pro, Premium and Le's
4. Update Review
5. Watch game move up in ranking

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im at 76%.....woo hoo!!

If I were a betting man, I would say you'll give IMDN a rest tonight.

#1814 5 years ago

PW79 is the only one able to download and install code. This update is just for him. Our code will come later PW is a beta tester. Lol

#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Finally making some progress here....[quoted image]

Dang, don't be late for work. That update has cut into your game time.

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well now the update is stuck at 198/2914 MB. Looks like im not out of the woods yet....WTF....UGH

I'm guessing I'll go thru the same pain Saturday when I update. Let me get it out of my system now. #$@&

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

new code update. One thing i did notice that was weird, my first game ended and the smart missile light was flashing....i hit the button and it started a new game. I thought that was rather strange?

Smart button flashes Green now and can be used to start a game, I did read that in update.

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not a bad idea i guess. Im gonna try and read up on the rules tonight if i get time. When did you say that you was going to update your game?

Will be Saturday about 11:00am EST should start download then.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Loving the new code! Only problem is the code didn't make the right ramp easier! GRRRRR

Setting #1
Best way to make right ramp is to look at flipper and not ramp. Once you get the feel of it you'll nail it every time. Oh $%&* who I'm I trying to fool. Lol

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Couple art issue I wish they resolved... but having an art background I’m probably the only one it bothers.

Is it that some of The Dudes don't look like Lady's. Lol

#1895 5 years ago

I had the worst time downloading code update today. Maybe tried 9 time and on two different computers. Then three time to install it. I seen Who-Day file was 2914 and mine said 2789. I update it anyway. I may download it again. So 2 1/2 hours of that cut into my play time. Only have a dozen game in. There is a lot that I'm liking so far and a couple I wished was added (high score for each mode) But with what was added can't ask for more. Great game

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really like Medley Tour Wizard Mode now. Set your game on 5 balls if you have to in order to check it out. Im excited about this game again.

I couldn't believe it but the first game with new code and I got to Medley. Great light shows through out the game. Really like the Mystery awards. Spotlight on Jacky at start of MB. Hidden skill shots, missiles. The way elevator progressed. Can't wait to log more games on tomorrow and learn of more changes plus new rules for modes.

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Also, does the combo champion actually work now? I set the champion to 2 combos and it didn't seem to save that...did I miss something?

I set mine at 5 Combos, but I still noticed combo champ was still Kim @ 15

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m on my 3rd computer still can’t get it to download!! Frustrated! Wanna play! It get all the way to the end and freezes

My 1st download went to 3.9 then got frozen. And your right very Frustrating. I thought I would play 3 hours before going to work. But spent 2.5 hour downloading and installing. Hang in there, it's worth the wait

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea probaly. The update sure made this game solid though.....i gotta believe that its going to boost the sales of this game somewhat.

Ya. I see LE NIB from distributor still for sale 18 months later.

#1927 5 years ago

I had a really good game. Would have been great but I f#%@ up. I was on last ball and didn't take a 3 ball multiball when I meant too. As soon as I hit smart button I thought how dumb was that. Tried to hard to light lock and needed one more hit to TB, but drained. I did get Combo Champion, plus finished both Toy Box and Elevator. I'll be back

20180909_143818_HDR (resized).jpg20180909_143818_HDR (resized).jpg
#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok you can put the glass back on now.

I wished that I film it, just to see LCD. I did see one JP for 48 mil after Jacky got a beat down. I had a blast. Plus download code on 1st try today. Now I'm not sure I'll update it. Your code update was a bigger file than mine. Yes you can get higher score with glass off. Lol

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What gets Elevator lit solid? That is so tough for me. I had almost every somt completely lit and died after two floors of Elevator.

Make it to all eight floors. I had a lot going on so you might need to hit CIU after all 8 floors to light it solid. Here's from the tilt forum. This should help
Love in an Elevator Multiball: AKA Megatron MB. Shoot both orbits to light locks, and subsequent Elevator MB’s require multiple shots to both orbits to light each lock. Virtually lock 3 balls on the elevator shot. During MB: all major shots are lit. Shoot one and now only the Elevator scoop will be lit for jackpot (1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.). You must repeat this sequence for all major shots, which will then lite Super Jackpot at the Elevator shot. The EMB SJP base value is the sum total of your Floor jackpots, including any shot and combo multipliers. With the updated code, there is now progress memory saved between EMB’s. The SJP is collected at 100% value if you do all 8 floors in one multiball. Otherwise it’s 75% for 2 attempts, or 50% if it takes you 3 or more attempts to complete EMB.
Note: no timed ball-lock 2x scoring in EMB.

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

When I extract the downloaded code, I get only one file, in the instructions it states that there should be three files? Is that correct?

The file is 4.1gb unzip file and there are three (3) file inside.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

WHAT THE FUUUUUU$&@K??!!!?
I DID IT!
I beat Medley Multiball! I had many of the songs beat already but the medley played me through the ones I needed to beat still. Elevator is so easy to beat in Medley... you just keep hitting the elevator. And to finish Toys I just had to keep smashing Jacky.
So here’s the kicker. After completely lighting everything and beating Medley it kills the flippers and drains the balls? So then a ball is loaded into the shooter and it’s my last. CIU scoop is lit. Pretty sure if I got it in there I would have started Final Tour.
Super happy wirh how well I played but how could I miss the final wizard mode by one shot... ARRRG!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Feeeeeels so good to get all lite, how many games did you play after getting that close.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have FIOS Gigabyte and it downloads in seconds, the problem comes when I try to unzip it.
Can any kind sole send me the three files?
E-mail to [email protected]

I'm at work and can't. Everyone shows file being 2914mb. My update was 2789mb. 125mb difference I may redo my update again.

#1963 5 years ago

I heard on death row you get one last meal. I'd would ask for one more game. Today I'm getting ready for hurricane Florence. Taking a break to play one more game, yep skipping lunch. On today menu, short plunge to right flipper and get skill shot. Now make it happen.

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That sounds like it should be a pinside topic. We’ve heard people’s desert island pin; we’ve heard the one pin collection votes; but what about your last game on earth

Ok I started one.
What would be your last game play be?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-be-your-last-game-play

#1970 5 years ago

Put 50 cents in quarter slot. For 1 game

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Once I reach final tour I’m thinking of resetting the scores, making CIU require 1 shot to qualify & reducing the ball save time on the Elevator & TITA MB’s.

Once I reach Final, I'll change Toy Box for starters. Medium = Light/Collect lock shots in order, i.e. collecting a lock is required before another lock can be lit. And today Jacky got hit in head and said WTF. Put a smile on my face. Hahaha

#1989 5 years ago

Once I reach Final, I'll put the glass back on.

#1991 5 years ago

Was that your own horn?

#2005 5 years ago

What's your custom message?

20180913_152530_HDR (resized).jpg20180913_152530_HDR (resized).jpg
#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out. Jo

That sly dog. Jackie will get your girl.

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Then immediately after pulled off this sweet score.
Y'all are jealous..... I know
[quoted image]

That's about what I did on my 2nd game on new code. Plus combo champ of 21. Just got Melody MB yesterday for the very first time. That was a blast, only wished I could have made the shots. I kept the ball in play but kept missing. I was trying to hard. Needed to chill. That would have been a plus. The next half dozen games after that I couldn't score no better than 10 mill. I tried today to make it back to Medley MB, no luck. Try again tomorrow

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lighting has some improvements for sure but i gotta say that i dont like how the lights go completely out at times because it makes me lose track of the ball too easily because i always play with the lights out.

I do it in the dark too. So when the light go out I'm keeping the flippers moving until I can see again.

Quoted from PW79:

I swear this fcker plays faster, louder, brighter & better now since the update.
Purdy sure the readme mentions enhancements to sound & lighting. Wonder if the coils were cranked up because I spell AEROSMITH a lot now via the slings & now that you mention it the magnet action is awarding me toy box locks more often than before (I think)

I think I hade all super targets lit today and had a great light show plus the sound was like electrical shock sound something I don't remember hearing.

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

A few months ago I broke my hand and had a few days off work, So I had a couple of drinks and dug out my GoPro and stuck it above the trough with some double sided tape. Here's a quick video of some "flipper cam" action being played by a pretty drunken me with a wonky hand. (I know, I'm playing like shit, don't worry about it)

So..... That's life under the glass. So much going on.

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone looking to sell a pro, please contact me. Huo, local purchase only please.

I just drove 180 miles oneway to pick up a GoTLE. 250 miles oneway is local to me.

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I guess I still have this problem. I updated to the new code and hoped that would fix this but it just did it again. So far it hasn’t been often but I don’t know what is causing it. Does this happen to any of your machines where the screen goes blank or the animation of the band freezes? The game still plays fine during this glitch but no band animations though you still have the other animations. It was mentioned before that if you push certain buttons during the start of a game it can cause weird issues. I guess the new update didn’t address it. Just wondering if this is much of a known issue.
[quoted image]

Try making more Sweet Emotion shots you only have 2 second left and 8 shots to make. Give the Band something to come on stage. Looks like they will stay backstage in that " mode"

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Did the full update. I'll check connections again but I think their fine. I'll get with Stern and see if they know about this.

Did you download the correct code. Pro code vs Premium code. I'm sure you did. You have the border but no video. Very strange.

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I think you kinda lost me there. Are thinking that this might be normal? I can't imagine so. It doesn't look like something it should be doing and no one else has mentioned seeing this so far. This is puzzling but haven't contacted Stern yet maybe they have seen this before. I hope so.

For faster responce don't email Stern. Call 1-800-KICKERS
Have game serial # ready

2 weeks later
#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Made it to Medley today.
Had 2 elevator shots left to start final tour & then choked... again. Doh!
Tried to start elevator MB afterward in order to close it out, got 2 locked &... failed
One day, one day she will be mine oh yes
Anyway just wanted to gush all over the software update & post a pic of my new personal best even tho I didnt join the billion point club.
[quoted image]

You'll be there one day playing Final Tour. Keep hitting the notes and pick away. As of now your band is better than mine. I can't get any better than Medley and don't have a tour bus in sight to take me on my Final Tour. Great game.

2 weeks later
#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

I’m not sure I would trade my as premium for any other premium title out, yet anyway

You should keep AS and let HS go. I have room for it and will wax and shop it, plus give it a good home.

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Joined the club last weekend! What a great and challenging game. Beautiful art and the layout makes for engaging combos. Thought I’d get Medley fairly easily but having set the Toy Box locks to “hard mode” it has been TOUGH! Loving it!
[quoted image]

Looking go, you'll enjoy it that's for sure. Is that a sub connected to it. If so "CRANK IT UP"

#2110 5 years ago

Don't forget to update your collection0

1 month later
#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New Aerosmith Code V1.07!

Out of the Blue.

V1.07.0 - December 11, 2018
=======================

- Added game logic and an adjustment to make Sweet Emotion easier to finish,
default = EASY. Now, upon timing out, the mode preserves it's progress.
Previously (and now the HARD setting) the mode resets it's progress.
- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Changed the behavior of 3 modes, i.e. Back in the Saddle, Rats in the Cellar
and Walk this Way. Now these modes will count down and time out if not completed.
- Added game logic and an adjustment to change the difficulty of advancing
towards Medley Multiball. Previously Medley Multiball was advanced by making
1 shot during each mode/multiball. Now, with the "SHOTS NEEDED TO QUALIFY MEDLEY MULTIBALL"
adjustment, the game can be adjusted to require more shots to advance to this
wizard mode feature. Default = 1 shot.
- Removed an unused Medley Multiball adjustment.
- Added a Virtual Locks adjustment to virtually lock balls in the Toy Box.
Default = NO. Now tournament directors can add this adjustment change to
make their tournament games more deterministic.
- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable
volume range from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones
rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
"OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
"FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a credit
"ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER",
"BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

#2176 5 years ago

Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays"

I hope this is what I'm thinking. No more for sale only has 448 plays. I can put that many play on in a weekend if it's raining and the coolers full.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

1.07 is finally installed. Thanks guys. Only problem now is the wifey is kicking my butt! I guess, I'm just delegated to just fixing the stable.

You'll need to distract her while she's playing or break wind.

1 week later
#2243 5 years ago

I just sold my 1975 Bally's Flicker. They came over to look at it Saturday night and play some pinball. It was going to be their first pinball. I delivered it today and after setting it up he said his wife wants him to get a Aerosmith also. Told him I'll call my distributor. Because your not getting mine. He said Sweet.

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, there is a ball guide to the right. The ball can roll from about center of the playfield backwards to that opening. The switch does register a skill shot with the updates in the last couple of code releases.

On my game if the ball rolls more than half way past the Elevator, when it comes rolling back down it will miss the "secret entrance" to the skill shot.
Rolling to fast to drop in "secret entrance".

#2267 5 years ago

On the last code 1.06 I had 26 combos. I believe if you hit the lit targets (flashing) two or more in in a row without hitting any other switch counts as a combo.
Now that I've update code I haven't had a game that blown up. YET.

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the game is a little harder now that the songs don’t end early. Either that or ijust suck.

It's both for me, I suck and the band plays on. Happy New Year Who-Dey

3 weeks later
#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what do you guys think about the newest code update now that you have had some play time on it? I am almost thinking that they have made it a little too difficult to reach Medley Tour Multiball now. Its seemed to me that the difficulty was perfect before but not so much now. This game has been kicking my ass since the latest code update and i think its going to be very difficult to get to Medley Tour Multiball now.

I did get combo champ the other night (16). Just did make it. But still probably one or two songs away from Medley Tour Multiball. I'm digging the sound and light show for / super lanes, super targets. But yes it's a different game and I need to play better.

#2309 5 years ago

I'm not an expert but did stay in a Holiday Express last night. Lol and I have a Pro so it may be different.
I pick song that I want, then press button one more time. Then when your press left flipper button and hold it in, it will light you song (mode) that you really want. Short plunge, not hitting upper switch. And one arrow will be lite WHITE. Hit that shot and receive two smart missile. If you miss and light goes out let it drain IF ball save is still on. Then shoot for the hidden shot to receive one smart missile. Hope this helps.

#2310 5 years ago

The. (One of Three) shots are Center ramp, Left orbit or Crank it Up. Only one will be lite.

Update code is 1.07.0 and that's what you have.

#2326 5 years ago

I just today set my game to a 4 ball game. Still didn't get to medley multiball. I tried my best to keep balls in play for 50 second and start another song. Needed to finish timer for last song to start (Medley) but drained after a Brick Shot. Then I would have 2 completed and 5 uncompleted songs. It maybe my only hope to Medley.

1 week later
#2337 5 years ago

I like that the light show is better for TBMB, the sounds and light show for Same Old Song & Dance. And Dude Looks Like A Lady is better. Super Scoring is cool. The game is harder that's for sure. I just started playing with 4 balls. I'll try and see if timer for songs can be changed to 30 second in adjustments or set game to the easiest game settings. I think the call outs are better too. FYI: last week when we were playing Jacky dropped the "F" bomb twice within three games. I said have we just played 200 games? Someone said he's (Jacky) is picking up on our language. I said get the "F" outta here, really. Lol

#2340 5 years ago

I guess that's two pairs. I know it don't sound right. But I'm trying to get to Medley.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Shaker showed up today. Already installed. Ready to give it a spin (literally and figuratively). What's everybody got theirs set to on Pro 1.07 code?

Max, Full , Cranked Up. All it's got.

2 months later
#2467 4 years ago

I have on many occasions have got 3 Smart Missiles on one ball. Do short plunge as WJxxxx stated above, as soon as you get 2 smart missiles if ball save is still lit let ball drain and plunge (before auto plunger) to shoot hidden shot. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

#2469 4 years ago

Sounds like we have a winner. Lol

#2472 4 years ago

Watched it all on phone. That was, well phenomenal. Now I know for sure I sux. But everyone that comes over say they can't beat me. But I still sux

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally got to the final tour and beat it. Man what a great feeling that was and what a great game this is. I don't think my score was anything spectacular but at least i got to see all of the modes. Game seemed like it lasted forever lol.
[quoted image]

Did you set it at 3° and take glass off? Inquiring mine's want need to know. Just joking, I know it had to be a BLAST.

1 month later
#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

The design on these cards looks great. Any way to change "likes" to lites under Crank it Up?

Great Catch, I didn't even notice. Cards do look grate.

#2507 4 years ago

That's the post that always gets loosen in game play and gets checked whenever glass comes off. Check your coin box for that post, it may be stored there.

1 month later
#2554 4 years ago

You need to do a Skill Shot for smart button to light up and stay on. If you use Smart Button to advance mode (get flower petals) it remains unlit until you do another "skill shot".

1 month later
#2574 4 years ago

Aerosmith has a Pro Vault ?, now I didn't know that. Does it have Dream On or the Same Old Song and Dance. I had my best game the other day. This game still "Rocks".

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No vault. Aerosmith was in production for 3 years and just ended. There are still NIB in distributors.

See post FlippinJimmy #2569. No Vault, This I Know.
Tell him @Who-Dey

2 weeks later
#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

I am not in any rush to sell, but I have no way to display either so thought they could go to a better home.

I'll post pictures for you.

3e611d22f96133958355907b1e7f4c7d3c1a22a9 (resized).jpg3e611d22f96133958355907b1e7f4c7d3c1a22a9 (resized).jpgef4cfe109815f0a534990632542680ff0a0257c6 (resized).jpgef4cfe109815f0a534990632542680ff0a0257c6 (resized).jpg
#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Joined the club with a used Aerosmith Pro I purchased yesterday. What a great game! It wasn't on my "list" but the price was right and it was within driving distance.
I can't believe this wasn't on my list. Good Lordy it's a fun game!
Thanks again Joe!

When a game is "Priced Right" and "Within Driving Distance" it's had not to pull the trigger. Even if it's not on your list. That's how collection are made.

1 month later
#2615 4 years ago

What are the 3 holes (each side) for. I've never removed my goodie bag. So is the rubber plugs in there for laying head down. Forum needed a bump anyway. Thanks

20191005_112741 (resized).jpg20191005_112741 (resized).jpg
#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I believe this is the part that goes there.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9910-01
My Aerosmith didn't have them either.

Everyone must need them. Marco's out of stock. All my Stern game have them but Aerosmith.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I really like this game. Been playing it a lot lately. The light show on this pin is one of the best I have seen!!!!

There you have it, From the West Coast to the East Coast

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aerosmith is one of the best kept secrets in all of pinball! Great great game.

and parts in between think Aerosmith is great.

1 week later
#2627 4 years ago

It is Sweet Emotion

2 weeks later
#2634 4 years ago

Mine has on my Pro stopped just short of falling into elevator maybe 10 time in 2500 games. I just bump pin forward with both palms and it falls in and gets ejected with no problem.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

See the shooter lane protector that was installed on my AS by one of the previous owner. Anybody know where it comes from (i.e. where can I buy similar for my Met)?[quoted image]

www.pinballlife.com/aerosmith.html

1 month later
#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Who here has removed the post between the pop bumpers? I'm thinking about doing it to add more randomness to the game. It kind if reminds of White Water with the sling/rubber between the pops. I removed that rubber on White Water and it definitely makes that game more interesting.

I haven't removed mine but..... It got so loose once it just about removed itself. Let us know how it plays once you remove it.

1 month later
#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

It's actually +2 Smart Missiles.

If you get the 2 Smart Missiles skill shot and ball save is still on let it drain and shoot for the hidden skill shot and get 1 more Smart Missile. Sometimes it works if your fast enough. Go try it now.

1 month later
#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hope to open the box this weekend[quoted image]

Brings back memories.

20200104_105743 (resized).jpg20200104_105743 (resized).jpg
#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I found the part number to change the flasher dome color.

PinballLife has some.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-light-domes-twist-on.html

2 months later
#2870 3 years ago

Hold the left flipper and short plunge so you can catch the ball on the right flipper. Then one of three shots will light (white) shoot the lit shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 2 Smart Missiles and some points. Good games you had.

3 weeks later
#2898 3 years ago

Right Orbit ID #62 input wire Tan/Blu ground Blk/Blu it's a roll over type switch. If you hit it you will not get Skill Shot.

#2899 3 years ago

Ball needs to stop before hitting switch. Roll back down into Right Eject ID #61 input wire Tan/Grn, ground Blk/Blu to get "Super Skill Shot".

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from Doghouse-Studio:

New to the pinball world. Bought a NIB Aerosmith awhile back and am learning a lot by reading your posts. I don't know if anyone will dig this... I made a square magnet for the square on the coin door. Grabbed the image online, went to Walmart.com and designed the shape and size, paid about $5 and picked it up the next day. I used the cartoon artwork from the inner sleeve of the Aerosmith Rocks album. Anyway, thanks for all the great info.
[quoted image]

That's unique and different, looks good. I'll post my coin door soon. Won't be as good as yours but I'm trying.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I haven't had the pleasure of playing this machine for about 2 year now... for those that have had it for a while, how does it last for you? Wow... that was barely English. I guess I mean; does it get boring or do you still like it after years of play? It is gorgeous and the pro is such a good value it seems.

I'm getting ready to list 3 or 4 games for sale on Pinside. But this isn't one of them. That's how much we enjoy playing. Even my 10 year old niece said you can't sale Aerosmith. Now "Walk This Way".

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Standard Adjustment #19. There's an OFF setting just below the 0% value (I've seen people miss that).

It's nice to match if you have a $#%@ game. Make you feel somewhat good about yourself. Like, I'm not a loser after all.

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm going to have to take mine out and try that. Why is it so much better with that post out? Also where exactly is it located?

The post right in-between the two pop bumpers.

20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg
#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you. Do you have yours out also?

No I haven't tried it removed. Screw was loose one time and I tightened it. Maybe It was telling me something, (remove me).

#2961 3 years ago

After removing post, should you put down some mylar. Next cleaning I may remove my post.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is what I bought. I use it for anywhere I think there might be a wear area like in shooter lanes, ball trough drain, and in front of scoops etc. Itworks and holds up really well and peels right up without any problems if you ever need to replace it.
amazon.com link »

Ordered, Looks like I'll remove post when mylar rolls in. Thanks T Who-Dey

1 week later
#2980 3 years ago

Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing a flasher that's not working? I may have broken something or unplugged something (although I was really careful) trying to install a plastic protector. Thanks
[quoted image]

With the plastic protector you don't need that big washer. And you sure don't need it on top of your plastic. As far as flasher, bulb just loose or out of connector.

#2981 3 years ago

Does anyone know how I'd go about fixing a flasher that's not working? I may have broken something or unplugged something (although I was really careful) trying to install a plastic protector. Thanks
[quoted image]

After better look washer is under plastic. My bad

2 weeks later
#2998 3 years ago

To nice to set on, it looks so,so soft.

#2999 3 years ago

Didn't know it was Embroidery that's even better.

2 weeks later
#3031 3 years ago

Beats me. This is a job for Who-Dey. Calling Who-Dey

#3038 3 years ago

Yes if it's a 3D print I want one.
Maybe It's a backstage pass.

#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy crap, $100.00 dollars for that damn thing!

Ya right, must be the long spring thst adds to cost.
Plus I just removed post from between pops. Put protector over hole (Thanks @Who-Dey) and waxed playfield, Now for a little testing.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please let us know how you like that post being removed.

Went to remove post and it was lose again. It's not going back in. Like how your rolling from right orbit to left, then sometimes it hits a pop bumper and into the center playfield or to ball lock for toy box. I like it alot. My 10 year old niece loves this game, I'm not going to tell her what I did and I bet she will notice it change. Two thumbs Up

#3064 3 years ago

Same Old Song, Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion/W 6ball Multi, Dude, Last Child, Rats and Elevator in there somewhere then Back In The Saddle

#3065 3 years ago

Love them Super Targets!

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I’ll admit it... I imitate the animations when I play that mode. Yup, picture a middle aged guy at the flippers with his hands on his belly swaying back and forth. You’re welcome.

Now I Can't play Dude for a month. Gotta shake that image.

#3082 3 years ago

Just got off TNA then got my a$$ kicked by TWD. Time to enjoy some AS and R.O.C.K in the USA

1 week later
#3088 3 years ago

I have many times gotten the Super Skill Shot (2 missiles) let it drain before "ball save" ends. Short plunge and get the hidden skill shot (1 missile). For a total of 3 missiles on one ball. Now go try that.

#3089 3 years ago

A.e.r.o.s.m.i.t.h. letters are targets for Same Old Song and Dance.
Shot multiplier:
Completing all nine of the yellow stand-up targets lights the shot multiplier on the next shot you make, for the rest of the ball. These also light when the Same Old Song and Dance

#3090 3 years ago

Tilt Fourm: Aerosmith Rulesheet:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

2 weeks later
#3105 3 years ago

Yes that look good. I'm impressed.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.
The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.
I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

That would be like your girl going from blonde to ash blonde. Just to spice thing up.. Now Walk This Way.

#3122 3 years ago

I'm looking at video on a 6" phone. Looking good.

#3124 3 years ago

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.
And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

That's a good score to beat. My best is 497 million. 27 combo. After update.

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Drill through what mounts?
Is it not already drilled with factory t-nuts waiting?

Just seen this and was like WHAT. no drill needed, I repeat, no drill needed.

#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I finished version 1 of the live video replacement project. Gameplay video is below and shows all 9 songs having a new video instead of a Flash animation background of the band.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j6KGSozYS6ZFE3WP9
Several videos have some stuttering or slowdown during these songs: Rats in the Cellar; Back in the Saddle and Same Old Song and dance
It's because of all the added animations/overlays on those screens - rats walking around; lots of targets shown on the screens.
I'll see if lowering the bit rate on those several videos resolves the stuttering, but I don't want to reduce the video quality much more. Those several songs are already down to 1500kbps bit rate
It's too bad I couldn't complete a version in Pinball Browser by importing all videos without conversion. Without conversion, the videos play smoothly, but I cannot get all videos replaced because the image becomes corrupted before all can be replaced. Been a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming because of that. So I had to just go back to importing and allowing a conversion, which works, but not to my 100% satisfaction. But still, light years better than the original background graphics.

Great work, can't say anything bad about. That's by far better than I could do. The multiball at 14:20 mark looked like how a lot of mine go.

1 week later
#3169 3 years ago

Mine is in CN16 bottom right of Board. The Red and Blue wires that are looping

20201009_123443 (resized).jpg20201009_123443 (resized).jpg
#3170 3 years ago

Here you can see CN16. If you zoom in.

20201009_123830 (resized).jpg20201009_123830 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just updated, nothing really jumping out at me as different.

I think now it shows in game play "Life Time" total games played.

3 weeks later
#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Game started resetting the PC mid game.
I left it off and it seems well with a short teat game.
It not like I score 100 mill a game....
Does anyone know if the quiet fan is the same strength or stronger than stock???

Start here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike#post-4352554

1 month later
#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Couple of ideas:
Dude Looks Like a Lady has 12 different "lady" animations, 8 dudes & 4 ladies. I was thinking of pulling clips from videos where Steven Tyler is dressed/looks like a woman for the dudes and using various women from their video collection for the rest.
Attract Loop animations replaced with concert/live performance clips.

Robin Williams in Miss Doubtfire, Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, John Travolta in 'Hairspray' and the movie Some like it hot Jack Lemmon.

1 month later
#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Take the post from between the bumpers. Try it, if you don't like it like that put it back.

Yes, it's great to leave post out. Before I removed my post it would get loose about every 150 games or less.

2 months later
#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s the game after a good bloody-knuckles cleaning.[quoted image][quoted image]

That was a good earner. She cleaned up and looking good again. It is a good game, my eleven year old niece always tells me don't sale this one as she hugs it.

3 weeks later
#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys new owner checking in! My version is old and I'm trying to dump it to a USB drive to update. I have an 8 gig totally empty fresh formatted FAT32 thumb drive and it's telling me there isn't enough room when I try to download or move it to the drive. I formatted the thumb drive as well a few times. Still says not enough room. I also tried 2 other 8 gig empty thumb drives I had laying around that are empty and formatted. I tried saving it locally then moving it to the thumb drive same issue. I also tried to download direct to the thumb drive fails @ 4.0 of 4.1 move. Anyone else run into this? Other than that so far I'm liking it! I know some had cabinet issues I'm wondering if I'm in that club as well. Any "must" do's?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You may need 16g thumb Drive.

#3388 2 years ago

Insane how not that long ago a 1 gig thumb drive was huge!

Yes and I paid $79.99 for a 1 gig once.

#3391 2 years ago

Oh yea I remember those days! So it turns out that drive I found is'nt FAT32 and the other one I did find that's a 32 gig and is Fat32 it still says not enough space. Really weird. I just ordered 2 fresh 16 gig Fat32 thumb drives from Amazon. Hopefully that does the trick! I wonder if you can only use a certain size drive. I guess we'll see!

You did watch the video and unzip the file. You should have two files to load to Thumb Drive.
Something not adding up.

2 weeks later
#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My original back box lights started cutting off so I installed these from Cointaker. They really look nice, especially the blue, purple around the edges. They are interactive to a point.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll need to come by next month and check that out in person. Picture looks good.

2 weeks later
#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I doubt my wife will ever notice that I added the Dirty Donny blades. I guess that’s one benefit of having a totally disinterested spouse.

I had Black Knight once, after having it about 3 weeks wife came in room and noticed it and asked; So when did you get that? So Yes I know disinterested. Were married.!

1 month later
#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just wanted to pass this along. If you can't seem to get a consistent non SDTM from the elevator you might want to replace the coil wear sleeve. It worked for me.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the useful information. I played about 10 game tonight and got my @$$ kicked.

1 month later
#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from cabrioletsch:

Legs done to
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good, you're going to give powercoat a run for the money. Got me looking on Amazon now. Some how I'm thinking I'll see a Coin door for your next post.

2 months later
#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

They are just trying to disable Pinball Browser to stop the custom changes I think.

I'm with you on this. Not putting it on my machine.

2 weeks later
#3692 2 years ago

I'm not going to update. I had 27 combo, I'm trying to beat the 15 combo default now from the update (not stern) I did two weeks ago.

1 month later
#3712 2 years ago

Shake and Bake, no butter on balls.

Quoted from BMHouze:

1.50 ×6 + shipping to butt-chuck nowhere
Or 20 mins in the oven and back to playing....
Seems like a no Brainer...

10 months later
#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hi fellow fans of this great game. I adjusted the power of the various eject holes and now I'm having a prob with the launch to the toybox, ie its intermittently not launching at all, not kicking out during ball search and saying 'right eject malfunction' . I've tried reseating all the plugs so I thought I might install the latest update to see if that helps. I don't have a Stern Insider setup though. Should I try still putting in the latest update?

Can't you just go in settings and do a "Factory Reset". Before trying to update to the newest code, that's mostly for the IC.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Thanks Spiderpin. I don't know where to find factory reset so I changed all the launch powers back to factory and IT WORKED! A couple of games and no probs. In the meantime I did download the latest code. Is it worth installing do you think?

I only downloaded and updated for the Insider Connect.

2 weeks later
#3830 1 year ago

Yes most likely the switch. A spinning can register 200 hits or more a game as to a outlane being 3 a game. I've had to replace a outlane switch before. Not sure of part # but Pinball Life may have just the switch.

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes most likely the switch. A spinning can register 200 hits or more a game as to a outlane being 3 a game. I've had to replace a outlane switch before. Not sure of part # but Pinball Life may have just the switch.

Found it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5010-04.html

2 months later
#3922 12 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

Such a great easter egg.
[quoted image]

Never seen that.

4 months later
#3982 7 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Joined the club today. Picked up a 1 owner under 500 plays Pro. Such a beautiful game. Previous owner hadn’t updated the game since they bought it in 2017. Can’t wait to get all the mods in it and really clean it up!

The post between the Pop bumpers may come loose from time to time. So you may want to check it.
The second time mine fell out it came sliding down the playfield doing a game. I took Who-Dey's advice and removed it completely. It's setting in the coin box now.

2 months later
#4014 4 months ago

I over size my prints (6" x 3.5") and use Elmer's Rubber Cement to hold them in place.

1699217478779228264150467598910 (resized).jpg1699217478779228264150467598910 (resized).jpg16992176002235327643660916070673 (resized).jpg16992176002235327643660916070673 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4042 55 days ago

Can't go wrong with your choice. It will sound Sweet and you'll be overcome with Emotion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=spiderpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.