IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 6 years ago

So, fitted Cliffy KISS protector as no AS ones made yet and guess what - it fits pretty good!

IMG_1625 (resized).JPGIMG_1625 (resized).JPG

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Then go ahead an buy it. Also if you take only the pro model, you wont be sorry. I dont miss the upper pf at all. Actually the wierd backshot wasent for me at all

The upper p/f is one of those extras that isn't worth the money but it is worthing having as it has such purpose in that setting up the 2 times scoring is very satisfying.

#309 6 years ago

Well, hopefully above will be addressed in future updates.

I do feel Stern needs to step up in the code updating department.

Dialled In is selling well, so Stern can't afford to get lax and not support games properly.

AS is a superb game so make it a masterpiece

#317 6 years ago

Anyone had ball hang up's on the premium/LE? Out of sight, right at the back of p/f.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Yep. Had about 3 where ball gets stuck under mini PF. Haven't taken mini PF off to see why this happens yet. I have not personally got a ball stuck but my wife got ball stuck on her first game with her first shot! WTF she felt like she had broken pin first shot lol. It took awhile to find the ball the first time, now I know I have a tool that can easily remove ball when this happens.
If it becomes more frequent I will look under mini PF and adjust accordingly. Has anyone had to do this? Would be good to know what fix works best. Cheers

Interesting.

It is a slow ball that it gets stuck.

Taking the mini p/f off looks like a huge pain!

#324 6 years ago

Yes it's a slower shot! As you say taking off mini pf looks like a pain that I'm not going to do until it becomes more frequent. Only 3 times in 500+ games so no biggie yet.

I am about 3 in 25 games so I may need to investigate.

Probably wait until my TITAN purple rubbers arrive and take a good look then.

#332 6 years ago

Yes it's a slower shot! As you say taking off mini pf looks like a pain that I'm not going to do until it becomes more frequent. Only 3 times in 500+ games so no biggie yet.

I can see where it is getting stuck. You can just see the ball here. Gets just past half way behind mini p/f and when going very slowly it can come to rest where 2 lane guides meet.

I guess bending one of those would fix but looks a complete pain to get to....

IMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPG

#337 6 years ago

Took mini p/f off and had to remove left ramp as well - took ages!

Here is exact ball hang up point.

I bent lane guide a little and hopefully nothing to rest on anymore - don't think I can face taking apart again....

Pic is the fixed version!

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPG

#339 6 years ago

Purple Titan's really suit this game. Took a bit of time but much better than stock.

IMG_1768 (resized).JPGIMG_1768 (resized).JPG

IMG_1771 (resized).JPGIMG_1771 (resized).JPG

#354 6 years ago

As for next code update, what do people want? Or rather hope for....

1. More use of firebutton
2. Code the outlanes to make a sound!
3. Tweak Medley multiball as it's a bit of a grind right now.

1 week later
#378 6 years ago

There should be more to come for sure - but when is anybody's guess!

2 weeks later
#440 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Maybe with next AS code update, the shaker with be more interactive with the game. As it is now, when I compare it to my MET, the AS shaker is undeniably much less interactive.
... the shaker & more importantly the "smart missiles" need to be included more in AS, then ... who knows, it could possibly out-shine MET

More smart missiles! They are just never seen...... well, hardly ever.

And some sounds for outlanes.

Tweak Medley mini wizard as well.

Go on Stern, make this game a solid A title - it's nearly there

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got my premium yesterday... love it!
A few observations/questions:
- Playfield looks amazing.
- Elevator MB is AWESOME! And I heard the intro to "Love in an Elevator" finally.
- No cabinet issues that I can see at the moment.
- I am getting the issue where the ball gets rejected and won't go around the upper playfield orbit when I shoot the ball up the right ramp. I will look into the fixes mentioned above in this thread.
- Is there a 12v/5v power tap anywhere? I saved some BriteButtons illuminated flipper buttons from a previous machine (a Spike machine) and when I went to install them, I can't find a power tap anywhere! The PinballLife website says they will work on AS (Spike 2 machines). What am I missing? Or do I need an adapter?
Can't wait to get my topper and art blades tomorrow!

Right ramp shot is so hard!

Just been adjusting mine. I put some mylar at the very top of the ramp as if you look closely, it is possible for the ball to hit the wood behind it and jump up a little.

Will see if this makes a difference.

Don't think it does - will wait and see what other suggestions are out there.

IMG_1975 (resized).JPGIMG_1975 (resized).JPG

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

To fix the right ramp rejects...
Add a clear plastic over the first 3-4 inches of the lane (top of the ramp).
I did this with a very thin clear plastic piece -> the kind that would cover an instruction card.
The ball has the potential to launch off the top of the right ramp and get air born, which then causes it to jiggle in the lane and lose momentum. Having the lower "cover" keeps the ball from getting too much air, and makes it smoother.
NOTE: Stern has a deflector above that same area, but it's too high. Probably because they wanted to keep it open for cleaning of the upper playfield.

Anyone done this as a nice mod?

It makes sense to keep the ball from jumping.

#457 6 years ago

Ok, I did a test of sorts and lowered the overhanging plastic.

Still get rejects.

I did lots of tests and I think what happens is if the shot isn't perfect straight ball deflects as it goes up ramp and then hits the small mini post on the left and then wobbles and comes back down.

Not sure there is any solution to that except play better?!

IMG_1977 (resized).JPGIMG_1977 (resized).JPG

IMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPG

IMG_1976 (resized).JPGIMG_1976 (resized).JPG

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iphone filming in slo-mo is super-useful for diagnosing these issues to see what the actual problem is as opposed to the perceived problem. If you have one, give that a shot. You can slow the resulting video even more in editing programs.

That was a great idea. I did some videos and can see exactly what is happening on my game.

A shot that isn't perfectly straight gets punished.

In my video one ball hit left side of ramp going up and that then hit the rubber on the right entrance. The ball then bounced from that onto the 2 small post rubbers.

So, the issue seems to be the first rubber. I have a TITAN rubber and I think the issue is worse since I removed the less bouncy black rubber.

Not sure of any solutions yet!

#464 6 years ago

Update.

Put the original 1 inch black Stern rubber back on, instead of purple TITAN.

Much better, in that problem is now occasional.

It is a shame they put a rubber there.

So, to make it better, need a 1 inch rubber that has less bounce than black? Any dead rubbers out there?!

#465 6 years ago

Solution of sorts.

I put a piece of card here - see photo.

Ramp is now butter smooth - well, I got 10 out of 10 which is good enough. I miss it so often that testing takes a long time

Anyway a more permanent solution is making a clear plastic that fits here. There is room to fit one I think.

Not sure I can do that but that is the way forward.

IMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPG

IMG_1988 (resized).JPGIMG_1988 (resized).JPG

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think it's there so you can nudge the ball back into the mini pf if it doesn't go all the way around.
Another interesting thing is there's a coil on the top one way flap on the upper pf loop. So it can be open or closed. Not sure if I've ever seen it stay closed on a loop shot.

Well, I made a test version out of a furniture felt pad that is sticky on one side. Easy to cut and fit perfectly as can stick to top of edge of plastics. Easy to remove as well.

Will test it over next few weeks to see what happens in actual games. Testing is better.

Then could make a purple one maybe or silver. Or clear plastic.

IMG_1990 (resized).JPGIMG_1990 (resized).JPG
IMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPG

#476 6 years ago

Wonder when we will get an update on this game?

Still can't believe there is zero sound for losing a ball on the outlanes

Happens so often, at least give us some sort of cool sound, call outs!

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

my pleasure, AJB. I changed mine to this one too once I finally redesigned it. The handy list of super modes & their appropriate shots is extremely helpful during each mode. I found it's really the only way to have a killer game on AS, just follow the modes in the sequence listed, starting with Walk This Way.

So, I have been practicing trying to finish songs and get the super modes.

I would really like there to be song champion high scores added like there is in AC/DC for example. It would mean that you could have a game and just try and beat your best 'Walk this Way' score or any other song.

I haven't noticed Toys in the Attic or Elevator Champion either??

Would be some great extra polish if these were added next update and it's not asking for much

I can only see a Combo Champion so far.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

WOW I had no freaking idea this was in there. One of these days I'll start reading the rule sheets people put together for the games I have. I tend to enjoy figuring them out on my own usually.

There is also a number below this - haven't figured that one out! Starts at 25?

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is the number of pop bumper hits needed to increase their value to the next level

Don't think I would have ever figured that out!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Slo-mo iPhone pinball problem diagnosis will be in the next iPhone ad. ANOTHER useful thing it does...

And never would have been able to see what happens on the ramp without extreme slo mo

Lastly, I really hope Lonnie adds a ton more Champion awards - they just give games so much more longevity in the home.

1 week later
#511 6 years ago

LE has a gorgeous mirrored backglass if you can get a good deal to make it worth extra over premium.

1 week later
#534 6 years ago

Well, debating whether to do something I have never done before on a game.......

Bring the outlanes in!

The outlanes on AS seem brutal!

Anyone done this or maybe I just play better

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Play better.
With the VIP save you are really only impacting one side.
I'm still trying to get used to the outlane divider on the left as it is more difficult to nudge out of trouble with the wire and not a post.

Yeah, left outlane even tougher with the divider!

I found TWD an easier game than AS - gives it plenty of longevity.

1 week later
#560 6 years ago

Would be cool if someone knows Steven Tyler and could persuade him to add some custom quotes to this game

Custom band member quotes really add to Met and KISS.

#563 6 years ago

But anyone with an ego that big would surely want to 'star' in his own game, surely?

#567 6 years ago

Having played SWLE, I never would have predicted a year or so ago, that AS would end up being way more fun than SW, to me anyway. Strange days.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It has somewhat I agree. The sad thing about it also is it would be so easy to turn things around and just start kicking azz again that it's not even funny. Make a better playfield and BAM.......they're back in business and making pins as fast as they can make them! So so easy........

Even easier than that.

Finish coding games

1 week later
#577 6 years ago

Easy to fit with the upper p/f?

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's arrived! Finally ....
rd

Nice!

Would appreciate any tips to score big as just can't score high on this game - highest score so far only 120 million.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

6 games in I have 200m plus ... it's not that tricky.
First up - practice looping the centre ramp over and over again. Try and hit it 10x in a row. This is the same as KISS ... the centre ramp is an important shot. When you light a multiplier X, I'd multiply the centre ramp.
Gameplay: I would start with Walk this Way. Spank the ramps. Completing the mode gives you super ramps which is sweet points. Start Crank it up if you can, this gives even more points during the mode.
Multiball: aim to light all the locks ASAP. if you can, be ballsy and go for the 6 ball multiball, it is worth a lot more points. ALWAYS start a mode before a multiball. This applies to every game. Try and shoot the LOCK lane during MB which will give you 2x scoring for some seconds. If you shoot it again, you'll get 3x scoring for some seconds. Well worth doing!!
That'll give you enough to get more than 120m.
More tips and knowledge on Tilt:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499
rd

Will try this, thanks. My AS seems to be a real drain monster but it has a ton of 'one more game' appeal.

Now we have been told a code update is coming, what is essential?

I think in no particular order -

1. Smart missiles. Way more of them ( still haven't seen one in 200 games! )

2. Medley. Too difficult/not rewarding or enough high scoring. Major adjustment needed.

3. Outlane sound, goes without saying.

4. More call outs. From the band? Yeah Dream On And an extra song?

5. Bug fixes.

6. Champion awards - essential to have TITA , Elevator MB. Bonus to have others.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Agree, with all of the above, plus need a skill shot for a plunge to the lock - maybe award a smart missile for that.
Medley Wizard Mode - songs should either follow song order you played them (like Encore in AcDc), or skip to those songs you have yet to complete (like SoS in Tron)
Champion awards for each mode, as well as Medley and Final Tour.
I also just want to leave this here Got this last night by completing Final Tour Wizard Mode and cashing in a 1.2 Billion Jackpot

Insane score

Also reading on Tilt forum of players getting 90m a ramp shot on WTW mode! And 174m on Rats.

Definitely need some song Champion awards with scoring potential like this.

The game has way more scoring strategy than first realized.

3 weeks later
#609 6 years ago

Double Cliffy protection for me!

Stern shooter lanes ain't as durable as they were a few years ago so protection is a must.

IMG_2189 (resized).JPGIMG_2189 (resized).JPG

#612 6 years ago

So looking at GOTG so far I think the toybox is a better toy than Groot and metal ramps on AS are way nicer.

I have seen nothing compelling enough on GOTG to make me want to rush to buy so may pick up a pro at a later date, if......

Stern show that they will finish games and add that extra polish to really make a game shine.

So, AS is good now but looking to the next update that will take the game up a notch.

Yesterday I had an amazing TITA MB but I didn't even see what the score was and so a Champion award would really, really be appreciated.

Still not seen a smart missile - they do sound great though

And scoring adjustments etc on Medley/Elevator would balance out the game.

So, will Stern really go to town with the next update?

If they do not only will AS be an even better game, it would also give me confidence buying another game that is not yet finished.

3 weeks later
#641 6 years ago

They should be on game.

I had to ask for a set to be sent out.

#652 6 years ago

Ok, backglass isn't made traditionally, in that it is not silk screened.

That said, it is mirrored and it is way better than a standard translite.

Glasses give more depth.

Really, every LE should have mirrored backglasses as it is one of the few extras that makes a difference.

Can't believe SWLE didn't get one - the translite just looks flat.

The purple trim on the LE is also a nice extra.

Is it worth it?

It never usually is in money terms, especially as AS pro is real nice and has a touch more flow as the ramp on the LE is super steep, which means unless shot is perfect, a fair few get rejected.

3 months later
#1049 6 years ago

LE does have the extra scoring strategy which is very cool.

But right ramp is too steep and a bit clunky whereas pro is smooth.

LE has very nice backglass and lighting is way better.

But, have to say overall my vote would be pro. Better value and smoother.

3 weeks later
#1205 6 years ago

Pretty disappointing update.

Has the outlane no sound even been addressed?

Presume there will be a meatier update in the Summer with the huge KISS final update

1 week later
#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I just watched some game play for Iron Maiden. I heard at least 4 diffent call out for lane drains. A lot of call outs for game play. And I believe about 10 high score champions. (loop, combo, spinner, spinner meltdown, 3 bank target champion, Ace high and Fear the dark champion) and more. When a match happened at end of game you heard it. Aerosmith is next in line for a overhaul, hang on to toy box Jacky.

Been suggesting for over a year that AS and KISS desperately need Champion awards - just hope they get them in the Summer updates.

1 month later
#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

IMDN has so many high score entries it's unbelievable.
I played one at a local arcade yesterday. I now have my initials on there 21 times, and still loads of default scores.
The more different high scores the better, you may not be able to beat the GC score, but you can certainly aim for one of the 'minor' highscores.
I don't see why all games don't have this, or something similar. It's not as if the coding is especially tricky, plus it gives more players the chance to get their names up.

It's the same with KISS.

Crazy really.

What happens when you reward a player on location?

They put more money in.

Champion awards are a simple way to do this.

Hoping Summer updates address this.

#1498 5 years ago

Summer love for KISS and AS.

After all this time, these updates gotta be huge, right?

3 months later
#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have a feeling that the new code in the works is beyond a few bugs or outlane sounds, though who really knows. I've been surprised before (both good and bad)

Yup, out now and it's massive!

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The only people that say that are the ones who bought a premium/LE.
The reality - like it or not - the John Borg pro is “the game” - The AS upper playfield is tacked on to create a version of the game they can upsell and charge more money for.
Same as KISS - take the Pro, add in a drop target in front of Starchild and a ball that floats up the backboard and charge a heap extra.
And Guardians - add in some plastic arms and some trinkets and charge a heap more.
Welcome to pinball in 2018.
rd

I agree no LE is worth it in monetary terms.

ASLE is harder than the pro as the right ramp is steeper. Better lightshow on the LE though.

KISS - had pro.

Upgraded to the LE - mainly because the light show is just so good. Of course it isn't worth it. Pro plays great.

I would always go pro, unless I really love a game.

The profit margin on the Premium/LE must be way higher than the pro's.

2 weeks later
#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

I'm having a flipper problem. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
I am having random(kind of) flipper lag. Here are the details. Aerosmith Pro. I have had it for 9 months and never had this issue until recently. I do have BriteButtons that have always worked fine. Only happening on the Right Flipper. Only happening during multiball. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it started after the update.
I looked to see if there were any obvious disconnections or obstructions and don't see anything.
Does it sound like a software or hardware issue? Any suggestions on how to narrow it down or fix it?
Should I leave this post in the Aerosmith group or make it a separate post? I am putting it in the Aerosmith group because I thought if its somehow related to the update others might be experiencing the same thing.
Thanks,
Kevin

Also make sure you can slip a credit card under flipper on top of playfield. I had an issue where flipper was way too tight to playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.