IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

I owned an IMDN and beat the whole game, it’s amazing. The ONLY reason I got rid of it was because it was needed as part of a trade to get my grail (MM)

With that said, I haven’t been able to shake Aerosmith since it’s come out. I finally got to play this a lot at Pintastic along with Star Wars and Guardians. I liked Star Wars the best of the three and is my next purchase, followed by GOTG which is tons of fun and I actually felt underwhelmed by Aerosmith because it kept kicking my ass and had me pressing start over and over again...

So today I grabbed one because it was too good of a price to pass up (with a fully wired spare cab due to cracking on the other) and I’ve started to dig in and peel back the layers. It’s really well rounded and like others have said, lots of fun. The code feels solid enough, so any update will quickly make this pin jump up the ranks. The animations are awesome too, it’s just both a beautiful looking game and super fun to play once you know what the hell youre doing.
089797FB-AF9F-4BC2-BF15-3C151041A9A2 (resized).jpeg089797FB-AF9F-4BC2-BF15-3C151041A9A2 (resized).jpeg4413BEC1-34F4-4B6C-8C10-6869CFD29FE9 (resized).jpeg4413BEC1-34F4-4B6C-8C10-6869CFD29FE9 (resized).jpeg

#1690 5 years ago

Disappointed to find the bonus x is capped at 9x, the same kind of thing found in Space Jam. That's unacceptable in this day and age. Here's hoping some polished code comes out very soon, especially with progression save for the modes, there was no reason to make some saved and some not.

#1694 5 years ago

Wishful code:

Make bonus x 99x deep. Yeah, you won't get 99, but getting 9x (the cap is way too easy) Let's get that bonus cranking.

Save mode progression. Keep the timers if you want, but let's save the mode progression so it's not a crap shoot if you happen to the final wizard mode, the game is hard enough.

Backstage pass collection like Star Trek's Medal System, and or a real CRI like Metallica for song cash outs. You've got the scoop, use it!

That's really all, and I'd be happy. This is Lonnie's chance to put some faith back in the players hands and prove that he's more than just a lazy coder.

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve never worked out how to get bonus X?
Same with KISS ....
How do you do it?
rd

Right and left inlanes, however, only the left side is changeable, meaning that once you random roll in or from a ramp on the left switches, you can only change the left two switches. Right is not changeable. In other words you have to make at least three shots or roll ins to get “X”

Kiss I can’t remember but it might have to do with getting a lot of bonus to get that 2x on the pf

#1702 5 years ago

Well, the final wizard mode is in the game- got to Final Tour tonight, animations were pretty sweet. 942 million.

#1710 5 years ago

The node board issue is total bullshit. They need to be more robust and cheaper. While I haven't had an issue yet, it sucks to think this is a thing that can spring on anyone at anytime- a total non issue when they just used bulb sockets.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes that is the kit I had my dealer install before it left the showroom. Last March is when I got it.
I checked all the connections on the board nothing looks loose. The tie wrap looks fine nothing appears to have broken loose. Just says node 8 not found on boot.[quoted image]

I would eye ball that diode, it looks pretty twisted, check that the legs are still soldered in place.

#1718 5 years ago

Had some weird toy box behavior today (2000+ total plays)

intermittently tracking balls in the toy box, test did produce normal switch closures/operation. Sometimes locking a ball, but then just sitting there and one time it kicked out a ball to the shooter and kicked out of the toy box and then one drained at it ended that ball.

Q-tipped with some cleaner to the 6 optos inside the toy box that detect flight into the toy box. This seems to have corrected the problem, back to working correctly.
Just a heads up.

1 week later
#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, serious question:
I am seeing lots of aerosmith's selling for 4500 (pro), and am wondering.... why? Does the game not have legs? I played this five times and LOVED it, and I want one, but man is it making me nervous to see all of them for sale so cheap. What's going on?

The code is pretty good as it sits, I’ve been to final tour twice. Each country you visit pays off scoring wise pretty large, then it heads back to the U.S, starting in L.A. I ended up in Toronto I think it was, I’m assuming the ending was Boston. My friend filmed it, it was pretty cool, especially the animations.
With that said, the biggest problem with the game is it’s really hit or miss, because there’s no save progression for sweet emotion and toy box multi ball. Love in an Elevator is hard enough, because it takes more and more shots just to start it.

The game really dictates where you’re going based off whether or not you pulled off all three of those and completed them and it’s hard to juggle those multiballs to do so.
It’s a beautiful pin that despite some of its short comings is still a lot of fun to play.
I’m hoping, though however unlikely, that they implement some vip passes like medals awarded in Star Trek, that are cashed out during either wizard mode, real incentive based stuff. CIU like Metallica would be a decent addition too.

Combine that with saved mode progression, and this game would be a total blast, it’s a shame that most people won’t see the final tour as it sits, but if they were to do things like those listed above, you’d have a fantastic push start again and again type of game. Fingers crossed.

2 weeks later
#1772 5 years ago

I have a feeling that the new code in the works is beyond a few bugs or outlane sounds, though who really knows. I've been surprised before (both good and bad)

#1842 5 years ago

Well... it’s definitely easier but that’s not to say it’s easy at all.

I can definitely feel the polish in the game, it’s now easier to get sweet emotion lit solid, which is a game changer. Medley has rewards for completing each song starting at 10 million, 20 million, 30 million, etc. A nice touch.
Fun scoring throughout now, not as vanilla, code difficulty reminds me a little of Tron.

38E9249E-152E-4264-B35F-77206EA98585 (resized).jpeg38E9249E-152E-4264-B35F-77206EA98585 (resized).jpeg46056695-4E02-401C-9711-1C0A111A85D4 (resized).jpeg46056695-4E02-401C-9711-1C0A111A85D4 (resized).jpeg73DC2D72-7204-44ED-9789-8F59D134E257 (resized).jpeg73DC2D72-7204-44ED-9789-8F59D134E257 (resized).jpeg

#1856 5 years ago

The code is definitely interesting.
for example, (though this I think was in old code) if you load the toy box and then go for elevator, the toy box dumps out 6 balls for that Elevator multiball. Also, I had missed the toy box double super jackpot on my first go around, which is a boatload of shots (and needed to complete the insert steady), However, I did a 3 ball multiball later, and it seemed significantly less. So not sure that it progression saved or if I just made the right the shots. I do know on the old code it was do or die on that Toy box multiball, so I'm going to guess there was a forgiving tweak here.
After the first multiball, you can't stack light locks from Toy Box hits, it's hit the box and the light is lit for lock, but you have to shoot lock to qualify the next one.

Medley is the star of the show now, along with Final Tour. If you fail to complete a mode, that's what you play in Medley until you do complete it. (trying to think what other game has this, I know there is one because it feels very familiar ) The two wizard modes are pretty sweet, and I'm guessing new hire Tim did the light show on this game? Because that is now equally impressive, whoever did it.
The sound effects in the wizard modes are top shelf as well.

So in short, very fun and balanced shooting pin now, with obtainable gameplay. Feels like Tron (THAT is the game I was trying to think of-okay...if you get to SOS, you have to do the ones you didn't complete to get to Portal)
It feels similar to that game in that regard, keeping replay value pretty high.

#1952 5 years ago

Mine froze at 347 during the update. Powered off, tried again, all went well.

#1990 5 years ago

I don’t think it’s too easy, I think it’s just right

This is kind of like people in the winter saying “I hate snow! It’s so cold!” And “I hate summer, it’s too hot! Put the A/C in!”

Remember, the previous code was VERY hard, in a bad way, because it was so do or die style. Now it reminds me a bit like Tron where it’s just fun to play and shoot and you may or may not get to SOS and Portal.

P.s
Speaking of Portal, now THAT is hard. I’m one of less than a few that has beaten Portal. Toot toot!

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Have you also beaten - Iron Throne, SuperHero, Encore, Champ1, Gotham City, Valinor, Saved Xandar, Sperm Attack, Do or Die, Open Season, EotL, Armageddon and Last Man Standing (on a pro)?
FWIW I believe the default settings make it way too easy, you also can't make Medley any harder than it is. Why should you be able to continue making shots once you get down to a single ball AND get an add a ball?. I've got it set for 2 shots in a mode before you can take CIU.

Too long to list for me, EOTL, VALINOR, Iron Throne, etc, yes.

The rules feel just right imo. Not every game has to be a headbanger in frustration, some games can be just fun. If it's too easy, remove the outlane posts.

#2031 5 years ago

The new code really boosted this pin in a big way. Old code was eh, while it wasn’t terrible and pretty complete, it didn’t make you want to play it over and over, it got old fast. Now, it has definitely got that one more game feel to it. It’s a beautiful pin that’s a pure shooter.

#2038 5 years ago

Speaking of Toy Box multiball and love in an elevator multiball, you want to load up the toy box with 5 Ball first, be careful not to get the 6th. Grab a mode if you can, but have elevator ready to go, then hit Elevator. You’ll get the toy box to unload for elevator instead of 3 ball, plus when it’s over you’ll still get the 6 ball toys multiball from the trough/shooter lane.

#2050 5 years ago

My toy box is probably 90% miss on the first try, then 90% hit on all other tries. No idea why it doesn’t kick hard enough on the first one.

4 weeks later
#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Thinking of joining the club. Whats the overall opinion of the new code? I have not played it much even with old code. I do like music pins. Have owned most of them at one time or another and currently have Metallica and Iron Maiden.
The thing that turns me off on this game is the layout is just like KISS and that is one of the music pins I owned and did not really care for. I think it was more of the code, and the stupid star child shot.
How long are typical game times on the game?

Really depends on how skilled a player you are, but the finale is not a gimmie, especially the Final Tour, and then there is completing it which is obviously more difficult than just getting there.

As far as the KISS layout being nearly the same, it is, but strangely doesn't exactly feel like it. That's not to say I would want the two side by side, I wouldn't, but Aero feels like it's own thing, and I don't think of KISS at all when I'm playing it.

Lastly, the code. It's very refined now and honestly pretty excellent overall. The old code was okay because it was technically complete, but it had some bugs/shortcomings, and some ''do or die'' style of rules in it, mainly with the way you couldn't get to final tour unless you completed Sweet Emotion, Elevator and Toy Box multiball, which was too hard and not fun because it didn't save your progression on Sweet emotion, so it could be quite the grind to attempt it again.

While it still doesn't save Sweet Emotion, it plays more like Tron now in that department upon reaching the finale, where if you did complete, great, you get rewarded with points, but if you didn't, you have the opportunity to complete it in the medley wizard mode to progress further.

All in all, it's a sweet game, I don't really have any complaints about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.