IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2679 4 years ago

I’ve been thinking about getting AS for about six months but the machine at the bar I’ve played it at has an issue that frustrates / concerns me...

the magnet that grabs the ball for the toy box seems woefully ineffective. If you hit the toy box is the magnet supposed to grab it every time? On this particular pin it tries to grab it and succeeds about 10% of the time.

Is that the way the game is or is it just an issue with this particular one?

5 months later
#2893 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any NIB Pro's around anywhere? I know Stern isn't producing any more of them, but curious if a distributor has one in a warehouse somewhere.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Last one available according to the ad.

Ha! Right under my nose!

Not too far from me either. Giving them a call...

Thanks!

#2926 3 years ago

Can someone post a few pics of the underside of the playfield? Checked the images on pinside and can't seem to find any. Just looking for an overview shot.

Thanks.

1 month later
#3015 3 years ago

Starting to think about picking up an Aerosmith Pro. Any particular issues or mods to be on the lookout for?

4 months later
#3237 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell an AS Pro a few hours from NYC or Northeast PA?

1 month later
#3303 3 years ago

Joined the club today! The art on this thing is amazing!

ABCD75B1-CB99-4CD0-BC8E-D2D4700AC816 (resized).jpegABCD75B1-CB99-4CD0-BC8E-D2D4700AC816 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3305 3 years ago

Is it possible to raise the volume of the music without raising the volume of the callouts and other sounds? As of now when I really crank it up the calls out really annoyingly loud.

I see what looks like a “music” adjustment in the manual but I don’t see it in my game...

394AFA4F-5BCA-4093-B7F4-F9776FB301EF (resized).png394AFA4F-5BCA-4093-B7F4-F9776FB301EF (resized).pngB604166F-AE09-4C39-881D-52CF3BA89A8F (resized).jpegB604166F-AE09-4C39-881D-52CF3BA89A8F (resized).jpeg
#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't see "music" either but if you haven't already add a sub- it'll sound better regardless.

Just found it. It’s music & speech attenuation under the game specific adjustments menu. Apparently positive lowers the volume and negative increases it. Just need to tweak it now.

#3309 3 years ago

One of my lane dividers has become magnetized. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions to fix?

(It isn't the balls. The balls don't pick up a paperclip and I also tried new balls - same issue.)

IMG_0454 (resized).jpegIMG_0454 (resized).jpeg
#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Scott, it may be hanging up on the Cliffy protector. I had it happen to me a couple times.

I should have just gone to the source. thanks!

I appreciate all the replies. It's definitely not the ramp/habitrail or the switch. But probably is the cliffy. I'll give that a shot and report back. thanks all.

1 week later
#3318 3 years ago

Definitely. Looks great on this pin.

Where’d you find a NIB at this point?

Enjoy. Great game.

1 week later
#3327 3 years ago

Indeed, it does happen. Usually toward the beginning of a game while it is calibrating. It is annoying that it doesn't "remember" how much force to use after the game is turned off and on again.

In case it helps, I'll try and list out all the circumstances...

- Lock not lit - ball will lightly pop out (it's not trying to get it in the box) or will purposely try and hit jackie in the face. The real bonus here is that once in a blue moon, Jackie will say "fuck you" when he gets hit. It's so rare that it is pretty funny when it happens.

- Lock not lit but it has missed on a past shot - will show "reloading toybox" on the screen and try and get it in

- Lock lit and single player game - will try to get it in the box

- Lock lit and multi-player game - will try and get it in if the ball number you are locking is less than the number of balls currently in the toybox. Else, will hit jackie in the face.

I think that's all of it. Please comment if I got it wrong.

Pro tip...if the ball does go in the toybox and you have another lock already lit, go for a quick short plunge, before the autolaunch, to try and get a ball in through the skill shot lock entrance. If you get this down, you can get a big multiball much faster.

The thing about it that bugs me is that it really should turn on the ballsave for every shot into the toybox. It does it for intentional shots to jackie's face, but not the inadvertent misses and occasionally you'll lose one down the middle.

2 weeks later
#3329 3 years ago

The art on this pin really is a head-turner. A few months in and still loving it!

792BF55B-ECC8-41C5-AF88-7560A01AAC47_1_105_c (resized).jpeg792BF55B-ECC8-41C5-AF88-7560A01AAC47_1_105_c (resized).jpeg801C3243-909E-43CD-8F00-2B20D02A7CDD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg801C3243-909E-43CD-8F00-2B20D02A7CDD_1_105_c (resized).jpegA75FF37A-C70F-4EDB-8F77-A8CB011AE4A4_1_105_c (resized).jpegA75FF37A-C70F-4EDB-8F77-A8CB011AE4A4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Looking great Scott. Glad your loving it.

Thanks! Truly stellar condition. Thanks for the great sale.

1 week later
#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as a player not sure what i have to do

It’s pretty straight forward. Pick a song before you launch. Hit the lit shots. If you hit at least one shot, you qualify that mode/song for the medley multi ball. If you hit all the lit shots you qualify that mode/song for the grand tour wizard mode. The flower petals in the upper left of the screen show your progress toward completing the mode and how much time you have left.

After the timer ends or you hit all the shots, you hit the crank it up scoop to pick a new song/mode.

All the modes are selectable this way except for toys in the attic (lock at least three balls in the toy chest) and love in an elevator (lock three balls in the elevator).

Good flow on this one!

2 months later
#3397 2 years ago

What are your Aerosmith (Pro) playing strategies?

Here's a few of mine...

- Always have at least one lit toybox lock to take advantage of any balls that bounce in randomly
- Next shot to hit is crank it up
- If I have a lit toybox lock and the ball is in the elevator, let it quickly drain and do a soft plunge into the backdoor of the lock (before the autoplunge can fire)

I've looked at pinwiki & tilt forums but looking for more

#3405 2 years ago

Thanks for the strategies. I'll start any mode that comes up...except for Sweet Emotion which I'll save until I have a few more balls locked for a bigger multiball.

Post between the pops was removed a while ago. Good action coming out of there.

3 weeks later
#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love these DD blades.

Me too. Probably the best stern art blades.

But then again, the DD art on the whole game is so good, that more of it is just better

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What’s the overall take on this game?

I really like it but I am a fan of the band. Other non-music things...

- It shoots really well. Maybe not Richie levels of flow, but very smooth.

- The rules are relatively simple. People can walk up and understand it pretty easily.

- The toybox is a great playfield toy with a good risk/reward impact on the game

- The art is really good

#3482 2 years ago

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Adjust the VUK power until it delivers to the right spot most of the time. Mine still goes SDTM but only about 5 to 10 percent of the time.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Oh yeah, I once adjusted it so it would dribble down to the
right flipper but then if you got 2 balls at a time in the elevator, like in multiballs, there's not enough power to eject either ball so stay with targeting the left flipper

So is there any physical adjustment to make as well? Can the scoop be pointed left/right a little bit?

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes, you can bend the scoop to aim the ball. Small changes are all that’s needed.

Thanks. I went to the elevator scoop…and it’s very tight in there! Any tips? I went so far as to try and remove the elevator but it seems to be glued to the plastic below it.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes, you can bend the scoop to aim the ball. Small changes are all that’s needed.

So I had to take the "Love in an Elevator" plastic off to adjust the scoop and found this...

Further proof that the art on this game is amazing. You would never EVER see this piece unless you were taking apart the game. Yet there it is as an amazing easter egg. Kudos to Stern & Dirty Donnie.

IMG_1442 (resized).jpegIMG_1442 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why dice for Aerosmith though? What's the connection to the band?

I don't think there's a band connection, but there's dice on the playfield in front of the elevator. Fits the "toys" aesthetic.

2 weeks later
#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I just joined the (pro) club - yew! I've popped some vampire glass on, connected a sub, cliffys are in, superbands, clear washers in the slings, anything else? I'm contemplating a shaker (have enjoyed them in most Sterns) and knocker (I hate the faux knocker sound from the speakers) - worthwhile?

Welcome!

I haven't played it with a shaker but most seem to think that the game doesn't do much with it.

If your game doesn't have the Dirty Donny sideblades, I'd recommend them. The art on this game is fantastic and these blades look great.
https://www.pinballlife.com/aerosmith-art-blades.html

You can do the pinkmonk quiet fan replacement if the sound bothers you.
https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

On the less fun side of things...some of the AS cabinets have issues with splitting due to Stern skimping on the leg brackets. Inspect your front seams/joints and see if you need to reinforce / want to do as a preventative measure / or just skip it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#3556 2 years ago

rotordave - How do you like Aerosmith vs Iron Maiden? I am a huge aerosmith fan (of the band) and couldn't care less about iron maiden...but I played an IM premium the other day and can't stop thinking about it...

I have an AS Pro but really want the ramp that lifts up on the IM premium

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Iron Maiden is a great shooter however the theme is a game killer for me. Sold my Maiden LE and just recently bought another Aerosmith LE. I love this game.

That's what I was afraid of...

Quoted from rotordave:

Both good games. Both have their place in a collection.

I have Maiden Pro. Same gameplay.

Well not all of our collections are rotordave size

But if I don't really need a premium, then it's more of an even trade for my AS Pro...which puts me in an even harder spot!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But Maiden and AS are totally different, so they’d sit nicely side by side even in a 2 pin collection.

AS has the classic Lonnie type ruleset … combo multipliers, shot multipliers. Stack a multiball with a mode and go for it.

Maiden has a more complex, deeper ruleset, but easy enough for even a newby to understand most of it.

I hear you. I suppose I should tell the rest of the story which is that my JP Premium should arrive soon. So maybe that will scratch my Elwin lots of shots / complex rule set itch

#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry, don't know who that is.

He is probably the biggest personality in pinball streaming and was one of the first bing pinball streamers. Does a lot of work/partnership with Stern for game reveals, commentating, etc.

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip

1 week later
#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Question about the rules that I can't seem to find an answer to: it seems to me that after the first toybox ball is locked, sometimes the lock remains lit, other times you have to re-activate it with the relevant shot. I swear it feels random, but surely there's a single target that maintains the lock? The times it's remained lit, when you hone that skill shot and repeatedly lock balls it's nice

Every time you hit the toybox, one of the numbers in front of the toybox (1-6) will start flashing. A flashing number means the lock shot is ready to be hit (and the the lock light is also flashing). A solid number means that ball has already been locked.

For example, if 1 & 2 are solid, 3-5 are flashing, and 6 is not lit, that means there are two balls in the box, you are set to lock three more, but if you want to light the lock for the sixth, you'll need to hit the toybox again.

Note: this changes slightly after your first toys in the attic multiball

Does that help?

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

I seemed to have solved my elevator issue and it ended up being the simplest fix of all... machine wasn't level left-to-right. I used the pinguy app to get the level perfect and now it's going to the left flipper reliably.

So if you're getting SDTM kickouts, give that a try.

2 months later
#3640 2 years ago

Good news for those that care about Insider Connected. Aerosmith is on the floor at Expo and now the full list of achievements is available.

Achievements:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/115/achievements

Expo Pics:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/31#post-6572199

I can already see how this will change my gameplay and make me a better player. Instead of stepping up and trying to get to Medley Multiball every time, I'll focus on accomplishing some of the harder achievements.

2 weeks later
#3648 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn on the coindoor ball saver on AS?

Manual says adjustment 51...but it doesn't match the software...

IMG_2513 (resized).PNGIMG_2513 (resized).PNGIMG_2514 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Aerosmith doesn’t have a coindoor interlock switch (at least not the pro, no idea for other models).

Well that answers it! Thanks. Any idea why?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#3665 2 years ago

New code is out...

Highlights to my eye:
- Stern Insider Connected (obviously)
- Sound/EQ setting enhancements

I don't see any in-game fixes or enhancements.

V1.09.0 - December 1, 2021
=======================

- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To login in hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
logged in just push start. By default, the game will automatically start
the game for everyone that is logged in with one button press.
- Before you press start, while the login screen is up, the current player
can use the flipper buttons to move which player position that will be.
- After the game, by default, players will have a few seconds to press
start and all stay logged in. The game will start all games with one
press of the start button.
- Added Achievements -
- There are 60 achievements you can earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your username will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- If you are logged in your high score entry will default to your initials.
You will still be able to change them.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
"INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
"INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- GAME RESTART behavior:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow
the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment.
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.
- LOGIN behavior:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
"CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
"CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
"1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
"2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
"3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
"4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
"ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Adjustment: "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
"SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
"ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough players
to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100.
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.
- Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
- Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Coin door interlock switch support for Spike2.
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
- Correct Euro Coin Door/Electronic Coin Mech configuration.
Standard Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Italian Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 1, Right 5, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display Pricing Format description in the
title area when it is being edited.
- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL".
"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments with "..".
"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN, SWIPE,
or TAP.
- USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to demonstrate
the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as there is a
difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there may not be in the current
active pricing).
STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00 4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50 6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50 6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00 3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and NEXT>
to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.
- Updated Tech Alert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".
- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).
- Updated Pricing Table:
Updated Euro Coin Door from:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
to:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 5, 4th 0, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU, 2/$3.00 AU"
Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to "1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged
Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1
- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumb drive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a different Guardians Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a Aerosmith Pro)
you can only choose to restore: "RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS".
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below and
all Feature Adjustments.
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This functionality will be available
in the game release AFTER the release which uses system 2.24.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.
- Added new standard adjustment PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS
which is default to YES.

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone know where to purchase a plastic protector set that may include protection for the plastics left of the toybox and elevator? (Pro)

Would this do it?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/aerosmith-pinball-mods/products/clip-protector-set-aerosmith-pinball?variant=39294869962849

#3679 2 years ago

Am I correct in understanding that I can't save my high scores before updating to the latest code?

Looks like the backup/restore capability was only added in this latest version (1.09)

#3681 2 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Correct on both.

Bummer. Thanks.

Guess I’ll have to play more and do it again. Shucks.

1 week later
#3693 2 years ago

Update details...

V1.10.0 - December 16, 2021
=======================

- Moved the position of the "progress text" that is displayed in the Super
Ramps/Loops/Spinners/Pops/Lanes Mode Background Display Effects such that
it does not overlap the player name icons used in STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.
- Moved the position of the "progress" text that is displayed in the Medley Multiball
and Final Tour Multiball Background Display Effects such that it does not overlap
the player name icons used in STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.
- Now the balls are released immediately out of the Toy Box at game over
when the match adjustment is set to OFF.
- Fixed a bug where Same Old Song and Dance was not properly chalking progress
towards Medley Multiball.
- Added support for a coin door interlock switch.
- Now the game over music plays immediately at game over instead of waiting for
the "Play Again" display effect to finish (on STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games).
- Added pricing text to all attract mode pages.
- Changed the "Learn More About Stern Pinball" attract mode display effect,
i.e. moved the QR code artwork up 24 pixels as it was interfering with the
pricing text.
- Added a tutorial video to the attract mode.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause a crash on the initial connection to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well, it’s about time!

Glad to see I'm not the only one excited about this...

So I need...
https://www.pinballlife.com/interlock-switch-6-leads.html
and
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=535-9794-00

but is the wiring there?

#3697 2 years ago

I upgraded to v1.10 and installed Insider Connected.

I'm seeing two issues. One is a showstopper.

1) Occasionally, after draining, with ball save expired, the game does not register this as an end of ball.
- The end of ball bonus is not displayed
- A new ball is added to the shooter lane (it is NOT auto-launched, so it is not a saved ball)
- The ball does not advance / play does not move to the next player

This is a major issue because it is giving free balls.

2) The ball save light seems to be flashing erratically, rather than pulsing as it did prior to upgrading. This seems to happen during multiball. A total guess...but I would imagine the CPU is under heavy load due to multiball (and possibly the additional of IC code) and it can't keep up to flash the ball save LED as expected. Example here:

Is anyone else seeing these issues after upgrading?

I have also filed a bug report with stern...

3 weeks later
#3704 2 years ago

Has happened to me once or twice in the year I've owned the pin. (Old code)

1 month later
#3727 2 years ago

Working my way through the insider connected achievements and I'm making good progress - 48 of 60 completed.

One has me questioning how to approach it. A 60M walk this way... How would you approach this? My initial approach was to couple it with a Toys multiball but it seems like points scored during MB don't count toward the underlying song.

So...put a 2X multiplier on both ramps and go for combos? Am I missing an obvious angle to blow up this song?

thanks!

1 month later
#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only issue I'm having is ball 70% of the time shoots past or too high at the toy box, didn't see a way to change in the settings, maybe I missed it. Any help is appreciated. Thx

There is a feature adjustment to control the strength (but it’s not in the manual).

That said, it usually figures itself out after a few shots. If it’s not doing that I would also check to make sure all three toybox optos are working in switch test. If they’re not, reseat the connection under the playfield. It tends to come loose (especially if you just moved the machine)

1 month later
#3770 1 year ago

Deleted. Wrong solution. Apologies!

1 week later
#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Has anyone installed the insider connected to this game? Thoughts?
Wondering if Stern put effort into it or pass for now.

It is entertaining to accomplish some additional tasks in the game. It has me working on things that I wouldn't do otherwise.

And I would say it is the only mod that gives you something new to do in a game. For $200...I think it is worth it.

3 months later
#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hey Aerosmith lovers! Wanted to share a mod we created to light up the bottom of the toybox. It creates a really cool effect when the toybox opens! It gives it an erie glow as the box is rumbling and opening!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/05842-stern-aerosmith-jackie-toybox-bottom-plastics

That looks pretty cool. Could you share a video of it in action? I may be interested since I love the light show during that part already.

3 months later
#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Anyone have issues with the right orbit spinner registering? Mine seems to work intermittently.

Yes…but I would suggest adjusting before replacing. They don’t fail too often and when you install a new one you will probably have to do the same adjustment process anyway…

Step 1 - press the switch a bunch of times by hand in case it is sticking a little.

Step 2 - Actuate the switch by hand and see where it clicks. Then rotate the spinner by hand and see if every rotation results in a click - it probably won’t.

Bend the switch arm to get a better/further actuation of the switch. This is best done with a leaf adjustment tool (https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html) but can be done by hand or with needle nose pliers. When every rotation results in a click, you’re set.

Step 3 - you should be good, but you can also validate in switch test mode

Step 4 - add a drop of lubricant and you will be spinning for days. https://www.grainger.com/product/MARKAL-Machine-Oil-Mineral-4NA76 (Lots of options but this one is used by many and has a very thin spout that can get just a bit on the spinner axis.

1 week later
#3851 1 year ago

Thanks for the input guys! Every little bit helps! I'd read up on that vibration issue. Amazes me how with today's technology, a component can go bad from vibration! It also makes sense I literally added a shaker motor about a month ago to it! I pulled the board going to do more testing I'll let you guys know what I find!

Just wanted to make sure you have seen this..

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

#3853 1 year ago

Thanks! I'm learning the hard way about these nodes that's for sure! This helps! One of my boards had this mod and I was like.. what the heck is a zip tie doing on there! Of course node 8 the one I'm having the problem with didn't have it. All comes into play considering about a month ago I installed a shaker motor!

Glad to hear it. This one came out at the same time but it doesn't sound like your issue.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

1 month later
#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

If you have insider connect,
Does it automatically update the code after installation?

It is up to you.

You can configure it to...
- not update automatically at all
- download code but not install it
- download code and install it automatically

1 week later
#3869 1 year ago

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?

JPEG image 1 (resized).jpegJPEG image 1 (resized).jpeg
#3874 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

I would the folks with 1M+ are playing a premium.

Great point. Thanks.

Quoted from Blu:

I usually see if I can put my shot multiplier on the elevator shot to juice those jackpots, if I don’t have anything super running.

I'll try that. So far, I haven't been strategic about where I put the multiplier.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you reduce song times by 10 to 15 seconds from factory
You can get to final tour more often.

Can you elaborate? I would think that would get you to medley multiball (starting all modes) faster, but would make getting to final tour (completing all modes) harder.

#3878 1 year ago

All good suggestions. Thanks wtatumjr

3 weeks later
#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What Aerosmith has going for it too, is the rules are pretty straightforward.

Sometimes I just want to play a game without having to think about how to attack the game via the rules.

And that makes it so great for beginners. "Hit lit shots" is such a pinball trope, but hitting lit shots in Godzilla or Jurassic Park is still complicated to explain to someone. "hit lit shots" in Aerosmith makes a ton of sense. Plus, they love the toybox.

and yes, the art is amazing and those official side art blades may be the best Stern has ever done.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you take the playfield out to put the blades in?

I've done it both ways. It is easy to remove the playfield but it is also fine to do it without removing the playfield. The Stern side blades can be moved/removed easily and repositioned if necessary.

I highly recommend using RapidTac (or just water & dish soap) regardless of which method you choose.
https://www.amazon.com/RAPID-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RMC8J6

A few sprays of that and you can slide the decal around to get it perfectly positioned.

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

A pair of finger cymbals on post extenders. They go ching.

These look great. Could you share links to what you purchased?

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will this re-glue decals back down too?

I have mylar coming up on Iron man. Just want to get it sticky again.

I don't THINK so but I'm not an expert

It lets the decal move around until the liquid dries and then it stays in place. It's not an adhesive itself.

Vid's guide may be helpful. You may want to remove what is there and then reapply. (But I'm certainly not a mylar expert!)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I got the cymbals from ebay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314415882874
(High Quality Dancing Finger Cymbals Musical Instrument Parts)

And the posts from https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Metal Post With #6-32 Thread on Base and Top 2" Tall - 530-5012-02

Perfect. thank you!

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

especially as I actually find myself shaking uncontrollably trying to hit the damn scoop shot

So it’s not just me then!

Thanks for the details!

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Just noticed some nice carving on the side of the elevator

But have you seen what is behind the VUK "inside" the elevator?

#3920 1 year ago

Such a great easter egg.

IMG_1442 (resized).jpegIMG_1442 (resized).jpeg

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Never seen that.

With your eye you can really only see it if you take the elevator housing off, which was how I found it. Once you know it's there, you can get at it with a phone camera, IIRC.

1 month later
#3942 11 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I assume the code is just for the Stern app / software thing? Nothing to the game itself right?

System stuff, mostly related to Insider Connected.

From the release notes...

V1.13.0 - April 17, 2023
=====================

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

3 months later
#3972 7 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Anyone have time on an Aerosmith Pro and Foo Fighter Pro? Currently have a NIB FF Pro but thinking of trading for a Aerosmith Pro with under 500 plays. Like both bands and haven’t been able to play an Aerosmith as there is none near me. Any input appreciated.

I own an Aerosmith Pro and have played a bit of FF Pro. Foo is a better game. More shots, more unique shots, and deeper code.

But...Aerosmith has the better toy (toybox) and is more approachable for beginners. Plus, I like the music better

#3976 7 months ago

I love it...all the owners (myself included!) saying Foo is better...but no way we're getting rid of Aerosmith

1 week later
#3991 7 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

The post was definitely loose and I will have to look into removing

When I got my game, the post was removed and I played it that way for a year. I put it back in and I think it plays better with it in. Almost as if that's the way the designer wanted it

My 2 cents...if it is loose, just tighten it

#3995 7 months ago
Quoted from jimk71:

I recently picked up a Pro model with a severely damage head. Any chance someone has one lying around? I can build a new one, but I still need the artwork if anyone knows of a source.

I saw someone selling a full Aerosmith cabinet a few months ago. Might have been pinside...not sure...

#3999 7 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I am having the odd ball to the TB for lock that doesn't seem to register.
Anyone had this?
I took the cover plate off, the things that look like 3 lights on each side need some isopropyl?

Start with the switch test. IIRC, there are three optos on each side. They can come loose and get out of alignment, so it may be a case of just adjusting and re-tightening.

If you move your finger all around the box and it never registers, it is probably the connector as mentioned above. If one or two of the switches doesn't trigger then it could be alignment or cleaning.

4 months later
#4024 88 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Any suggestions to what I should add in addition immediately??

Congrats! It is a great game!

I would suggest a getting a cliffy for the area that shoots the ball into the toybox. That area can get beat up.

I'm a fan of Insider Connected, but it doesn't add much to this game overall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.