Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (1 year ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by vireland (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just joined the club with my first NIB and I love it.
Also, some shots into the elevator seem to bypass the lock and come straight up and out through the top/front and then roll down the plastic in front of the elevator and drop into the toy chest lock. It is not every time, but maybe 1 out of every 6 or 7. Is this normal or is there an adjustment I need to make to something inside the elevator?
Thanks.

Congrats on the new game!

I never saw the ball feed up through the elevator like you describe. Shots to the elevator on mine will rattle around before settling down in the scoop but never feed up through the top on the initial shot. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Wait to see what happens once your game is broken in a little.

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

... Now when you are putting them on if you misalign by 1/8" or something at the top you can cut the edge with a razor blade instead of trying to pull it all off. Just run a sharp blade right under the glass channel.
I've done a bunch and it's not to bad. They are thicker than normal vinyl so line up pretty well.

This is exactly how I've done mine. Line it up and tape the top down with painters tape, then start at one end and sick it down.

Great tip on cutting the vinyl if it ends up slightly misaligned.

Before starting, I cut the paper backing into 3 pieces before putting it in place so when sticking it down, you can pull the backing off 1/3 of the blade and focus on sticking that part down without having to fight with the backing paper.

1 week later
#503 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

How many people have the stern side rails?
I added them to my pro and I think they really finish the art work package.

Agree! I added them on day one.

I wish I could decide what color to powder coat them and the other hardware. That would be the finishing touch.

4 months later
#778 1 year ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Thx, it was done by a guy local to me, he is good and has a nice setup.. it's a really good look imo.. Yeah I know I need some scorecards...

That looks great! Do you have any details on the powders and metal flake he used?

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Zen or Rooftop - can you take a pic of your full machines with the blue powder coating?
They look good!

Yes please! I would also like to see full machine pictures. Also, did you guys have clear applied as a 3rd coat?

1 week later
#824 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The ball eject gives me sometimes 2 balls in the shooterlane. I checked the optos in the ball trough, they seems to be ok. Any idea ?

Try reseating the connectors on both ball trough boards to see if that helps.

4 weeks later
#877 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

My Pro comes today. Very excited.
I'd like to get the official topper but $399 is steep. Since you've all had yours awhile, are there any recommended mods? Only precautionary plan I have so far are metal brackets on the top inside of the cab. Any protectors I "should" be investing in?
thanks

Contact Cliff and get his protector set. He has several for this game but I suggest the shooter lane and toy box launcher protector for sure.

1 week later
#888 1 year ago

Mine always opens. Maybe binding in the lid mechanics? Questionable coil sleeve or plunger with a burr?

1 month later
#1171 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They look great. Mine have a high pitch sound coming from each of them. Do yours have that? Not super loud, but you can hear it when there is a pause in the game sounds. It's there all the time with the game powered up

No sound that I can hear with mine. Could be I just can't hear that frequency any more!

3 weeks later
#1374 11 months ago

PSA for those of you experiencing reset issues - could be caused by noise from your shaker motor:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-shaker-motor-advisory-for-mystery-slam-tilt

1 month later
#1526 9 months ago

I think they look great!

DB732879-FB5B-4F17-817C-7D6206B6DA62 (resized).jpegEF890D11-AB5A-44CD-8979-3B7D47C3D6D1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1560 8 months ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Does anyone know if the Aerosmith LE backglass has anything on it which identifies it as the LE mirrored backglass? Since the artwork is the same I was just wondering if there is anyway to tell. I've heard that the mirrored backglass is supposed to look better but from the pictures I've seen online I can't really tell a difference. Maybe I could seeing one in person. I'm thinking of purchasing an LE and while I don't think anyone would swap one out I was just wondering how one really can tell if they have the actual backglass and not translite.

Easy to tell when you are at the machine. A backglass has the art directly printed on the glass. A translight is a clear pane of glass with the artwork printed on a sheet of plastic that is laid behind the clear glass.

AS translights do not have any mirroring on them.

3 weeks later
#1635 8 months ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I was wondering if it is normal for the ball to miss the shot going into the toybox every now and then. Is there a coil setting that seems to work best for the kicker that shoots the ball into the toybox which helps to minimize the missed shots?

Try the Cliffy protector for the launch spot. It is a metal square that stops the ball from bashing the wooden edges of the hole. I think it places the ball in a more predictable position. Mine rarely misses since adding one.

1 week later
#1680 7 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am so on the fence about this machine. One popped up locally in great shape (huo) for 4500. Just not really sure about since I have never really played it that much. Only once or twice at the expos and so much is going on there it's hard to focus on one machine. What everyone's thoughts? This would be my first modern stern as well.

AS is a really is a fun machine that appeals to non-pinheads probably more than hardcore pinheads. Some of the shots are tight and rewarding when hit and some scoring strategies are there too. New code is around the corner (who knows if that will bring anything substantial). Elevator multiball is visually stunning and easy to play but hard to master. The music is great and some of the songs really get you going. The artwork is awesome, screen graphics are great too. Of all my machines, AS and SP are the most played by non-pinhead friends. SW gets played by non-pinheads also but it is too complicated for them to figure out and they get frustrated and move on. Funny, the loathed-by-Pinside SP is one of the games my pinhead friends play the most but that is another story.

Who is going to be playing this game, spouse, kids, friends, only you?

Are you a fan of Aerosmith music?

1 month later
#1870 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I only had time to update mine and change the volume settings - holy crap, there are like 20 audio settings now. It’s actually overwhelming. I couldn’t get the sound back to the way I liked it with my 10” Flipper Fidelity setup. Will try again tomorrow :-/

Agree! The audio settings are incredible! Totally appropriate for a music pin! I only tweaked them enough to make it sound "normal" but it looks like there are enough controls to make the pin sound like a high-end sound system! I will definitely need more time with those settings!

#1871 6 months ago

Loving the new code! Only problem is the code didn't make the right ramp easier! GRRRRR

#1915 6 months ago

Update is GREAT! I wish they would have added the "ball in play" to the Toybox multiball start screen to help you decide if to take the risk to lock more balls. I guess it's OK to make it something the player should be keeping track of...

#1917 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not sure that i follow you, what are you talking about exactly?

It would be nice to display in the Toybox multiball countdown screen where you can "cancel multiball to lock more balls", that you are on ball 2 (where you might risk cancelling and lock more) or on ball 3 (where you might take what you have and let multiball start).

#1951 6 months ago

My first attempt stopped at 513MB, waited a good 10 minutes to see if it would recover. Turned it off, waited for the LEDs to go dark, turned it on again and held my breath. It started the update process again and the second attempt worked.

4 weeks later
#2095 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Powder coated my pro...Color is phase blue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks GREAT!

4 months later
#2411 12 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

So I called stern because my NIB AS Pro that I have had for five days would freeze up during play. Lights out on play field, LCD screen on but frozen and would lock up. I could turn it off and on and it would start back up and usually could play a game. Tech support said to me that it could be the sd card so he was going to ship it out so I am waiting on that. Today I had weird things going on. When I would hit the start button to play a game, a song was picked automatically for me and I couldn't select the song. In addition, sometimes it would fire the ball automatically right away. Once I drained the ball for the next ball the same song was automatically selected and the ball would be fired automatically. In addition, the toy box inside part that goes up and down was going up and down for a whole game without stopping with the toy box open. Anyone have any ideas? CPU?

Check the switch in the lockbar. It might be bent and stuck closed. Just a guess. You could go into switch test and see if it registers when pressed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantation, FL
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niceville, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside