17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#417 6 years ago

I must really love this game since my cheap ass just spent $80 on game blades. Anyone have tips for applying them without destroying anything? I want to do it right the first time.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4574

IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPG

#437 6 years ago

Anyone added a shaker to their pro? How's it feel?

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I think it's decent. You can check mine out before you buy if you want.

Thanks, yeah we need to hang out.

Quoted from MacLean:

Maybe with next AS code update, the shaker with be more interactive with the game. As it is now, when I compare it to my MET, the AS shaker is undeniably much less interactive.
... the shaker & more importantly the "smart missiles" need to be included more in AS, then ... who knows, it could possibly out-shine MET

I might just hold off a little while then. Loving the game as-is anyway.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ok, I did a test of sorts and lowered the overhanging plastic.
Still get rejects.
I did lots of tests and I think what happens is if the shot isn't perfect straight ball deflects as it goes up ramp and then hits the small mini post on the left and then wobbles and comes back down.
Not sure there is any solution to that except play better?!

Wondering if I should have got those blades instead of the ones I got...

#499 6 years ago

FYI. Stern Support Slide Brackets don't work on AS Pro. Boo ... hate hammering t-nuts into my playfield for nothing.

IMG_1045 (resized).JPGIMG_1045 (resized).JPG

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

FYI. Stern Support Slide Brackets don't work on AS Pro. Boo ... hate hammering t-nuts into my playfield for nothing.

I might move the center board to the side as suggested by another pinsider and try this again.

Tonight I added the plastic protectors from ULEK and some universal switch protectors from cliffy.

IMG_1054 (resized).JPGIMG_1054 (resized).JPG

IMG_1056 (resized).JPGIMG_1056 (resized).JPG

IMG_1055 (resized).JPGIMG_1055 (resized).JPG

IMG_1057 (resized).JPGIMG_1057 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#542 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The short plunge is your friend on AS. I avoid a full plunge whenever possible, especially when I can go for a lock with a skill shot.

Arrrg, I'm such a newb! For the skill shot I plunge to try to get it to slide in the back door of the lock?

1 week later
#572 6 years ago

And stop stripping out value.

2 months later
#688 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Just got my powder coat back for my pro. Asked others for months for ideas, found this and am stoked, looks almost navy from 8 feet away, then you get your hands on it and wow, you see the blue and purple..fits great

Holy moly that’s perfect!

4 weeks later
#775 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone have a good color for powder coating the pro ? I think of a darker blue which will match with the cabinet but not so good with the playfield

Look at post #687 on Page 14 of this thread. I think it came it amazing.

B2E8FBA3-546B-40C3-BDB5-10E6F0E61B0A (resized).jpegB2E8FBA3-546B-40C3-BDB5-10E6F0E61B0A (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#852 6 years ago

I would like to see higher point values in Elevator Multiball. I just got to Level 6 and felt like king of the world... until I saw that the points values weren’t all that great.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Should be 8, but even finishing it doesn't yield enough points to make it worth going for, so I usually just concentrate on the mode I set before starting it.

Yeah, that’s the shame of it...because it’s a fun mode!

1 month later
#919 6 years ago

That moment when you think Multiball is over and then Jacky spits out a ball

986B64C4-A5BA-4BAA-8482-85F461512FE8 (resized).jpeg986B64C4-A5BA-4BAA-8482-85F461512FE8 (resized).jpeg

#955 6 years ago

Pretty much the strategy I go with as well. I always start with Walk This Way into Last Child so my orbits are lit. Hopefully I get some locks on elevator going during those. Then I get into modes where I can bang on Jacky and get some toy box locks. Then when I’ve got a bunch on the toy box I’ll try to activate Sweet Emotion before starting Multiball.

#965 6 years ago

Can someone tell me the setting for stopping needless ball shots to Jackys face? It’s a funny feature but I rather persevere his handsomeness.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I don’t believe there is a setting?

Quoted from jrio101:

That would be awesome if that were possible

Oh, whoops! That’s why I can’t find it. Could have sworn someone said you could do it.

As for AS vs Met. I’ve owned Met twice and it’s an awesome game... but in the end have sold it. Really don’t think I want to get rid of AS.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its funny as hell until it drains your ball sdtm during a good game, then its not so funny.

I just had a game I was trying to bank all six balls. I got 5 balls in there but then i drained my last ball. I started a new game before Jacky cleared out so every time I locked a call the toy box would shut and gets shot in the face. Cool that the game knows the balls are there but would like it better if it just putted them out like normal.

#986 6 years ago

This game tears through sling rubbers! 2 titans and now this regular rubber (2.5”).

FEBC25BC-8CDB-4FB2-AC42-43DF97A4BA7E (resized).jpegFEBC25BC-8CDB-4FB2-AC42-43DF97A4BA7E (resized).jpeg

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whose regular rubber are you using?! We never had a problem with that kind if destruction of the sling rubber.

I think the titans died so quick because they were 2”. That’s the size the manual calls for but definitely too tight. This latest one is just a 2.5” Pinball life white rubber.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Surprised to see a complaint about the right ramp, given months ago we discussed this ramp can be backhanded nearly 90% successful from RT flipper. Kiss ramp, not so much.

Maybe my game is setup wrong. I can’t backhand the right ramp. Maybe I haven’t tried hard enough.

#1014 6 years ago

I’m probably going to obsess over attempting this for hours when I get home.

#1017 6 years ago

Cool, first try lol

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thank you....
Any one else have ideas or mods ?

The Dirty Donny art blades look really nice.

I also have the colored edge plastic protectors on the slings and return lanes.

0634A0A1-48FA-4BE8-9AF3-6D54761287DE (resized).jpeg0634A0A1-48FA-4BE8-9AF3-6D54761287DE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nope. I don’t like anything that changes art by colorbombing it. Minority opinion of course.
(And yes, I’m aware that the topper does just that, but it’s designed for it)

Agree. That beautiful backbox art just needs to sit there and be beautiful. No Fruity Pebble farts needed.

1 week later
#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I recently added the "dice domes" that i picked up at TPF. They look awesome

Oof... I don’t know about that.

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

We will get an AS update and then and only then we will both get IMDN.
Doh! I lied. I am weak. I have IMDN coming and I don’t even like the band. It will be put next to AS. I did not show Stern. I know. I know. I suck.

I need a Maiden next to my AS.

#1299 5 years ago

Wow! Those rails are really a nice touch!

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need some Texas license plates for that bad boy. And of course a luggage rack.

Bull horns.

0230EF17-CA45-4BCE-B5BB-64DD468E2BDC (resized).jpeg0230EF17-CA45-4BCE-B5BB-64DD468E2BDC (resized).jpeg

My best friend drove a hearse in high school. The rollers in the back weren’t comfortable to sit on.

1 month later
#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Why does my left flipper go limp at times. I thought I was imagining this at first. But it has cost me some big points doing TB MB. My friend said something about it the other day. But I paid it no mind.

EOS switch weirdness?

1 week later
#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

After my last update Jacky still said after hitting him in the head: WHAT THE #%$*

I’ve actually never heard it on my game. I heard it for the first time just the other day in the wild. Made me laugh out loud.

#1482 5 years ago

Anyone get two balls spit out from the trough when you should just get one? I guess I should check the optos or something.

#1508 5 years ago

They won’t do this but I thought elevator Multiball would be way better if the elevator was more interactive.

Example:
The jackpot is set to a random floor and is indicated on the LCD. You shoot right ramp (and maybe right orbit) to move elevator UP one floor. You shoot center ramp (and maybe left orbit) to move elevator DOWN one floor. An animation is played on the LCD to indicate up or down movement. Once you are on the correct jackpot floor you shoot the elevator to collect the jackpot. The new jackpot floor is randomly set and gameplay repeats.

Just seems like it would be more fun than another collect-the-shots mode.

Kinda inspired by WhoDunnit. Lol.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Stern of the Union
With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer, starting with Aerosmith first.

That’s awesome. I wonder if the temp art dancer lady in Dude will make it through.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Man I hope so, I like her. Hopefully the fat bearded guy wont make it through.

I’ll second that. He’s got a real Trudeau vibe about him.

2 weeks later
#1550 5 years ago

I think there’s a lot of improvements that could be made to the LCD UI. No idea what any of those icons or numbers mean in the rock border mean.

#1557 5 years ago

Even though I own the game I decided I had to play this Aerosmith in the wild. Two balls REALLY jammed in elevator. Kept trying to knock them loose but the they weren’t going anywhere. This place has Stern Star Wars, Aerosmith, and Guardians... all just played like crap because of ZERO maintenance.

FFAA9ECA-C667-48D0-B85E-D37FFE99150D (resized).pngFFAA9ECA-C667-48D0-B85E-D37FFE99150D (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1583 5 years ago

Seems like the calm before the storm here before code drops.

What’s supposed to happen in Medley Multiball? I finally got through all the modes (like 2nd time ever) and it gave me a 3 ball Multiball with some version of Same Old Song and Dance. I failed to make all the shots and Medley Multiball just ended. Kinda a letdown. I know, I know... play better.

1 month later
#1733 5 years ago

Cmoooon code!

1 week later
#1742 5 years ago

Is today Stern of the Union?

#1759 5 years ago

I’ve just got lots of z-order bug like the wing award layering behind the dude reveal dancers. And of course that one lady in dude that is a totally not a dude and in a completely different art style.

#1813 5 years ago

3 hours to go... won’t see it tonight

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is your USB stick 16GB?
Was your usb formatted fat32 before you started?
Did you drag all 3 unzipped files over to your usb?
If the USB stick is not exactly as it should be the CPU will not read it at all.
Good Luck!

Does it really have to be 16G?

#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My update went fast. Took maybe 8-10 minutes? I used a 8gb flash drive with no issue.

Edit: Whoops, good to know.

#1892 5 years ago

Loving the new code! Final tour seems like something within the realm of possibility now. Definitely adds to that “just one more game” feeling.

Couple art issue I wish they resolved... but having an art background I’m probably the only one it bothers.

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is it that some of The Dudes don't look like Lady's. Lol

Yeah, they took dancing lady animations from the internet or something and blacked them out for the silhouettes... one made it through as a reveal dancer. Just a pet peeve since it doesn’t match.

There’s some layering issues too. Haven’t noticed if they were resolved.

#1933 5 years ago

What gets Elevator lit solid? That is so tough for me. I had almost every somt completely lit and died after two floors of Elevator.

#1936 5 years ago

WHAT THE FUUUUUU$&@K??!!!?

I DID IT!

I beat Medley Multiball! I had many of the songs beat already but the medley played me through the ones I needed to beat still. Elevator is so easy to beat in Medley... you just keep hitting the elevator. And to finish Toys I just had to keep smashing Jacky.

So here’s the kicker. After completely lighting everything and beating Medley it kills the flippers and drains the balls? So then a ball is loaded into the shooter and it’s my last. CIU scoop is lit. Pretty sure if I got it in there I would have started Final Tour.

Super happy with how well I played but how could I miss the final wizard mode by one shot... ARRRG!!
5E9D220A-AAAD-4CED-87F3-74C1A8B8BE73 (resized).jpeg5E9D220A-AAAD-4CED-87F3-74C1A8B8BE73 (resized).jpeg9C55977B-74F9-4465-8E58-8A8FCFB1AC7E (resized).jpeg9C55977B-74F9-4465-8E58-8A8FCFB1AC7E (resized).jpegCCF83631-C815-4EC0-8AB5-15ED78932727 (resized).jpegCCF83631-C815-4EC0-8AB5-15ED78932727 (resized).jpeg

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wish stern could get a better update system. Never had an issue with IMDN (it’s less than 2gb), but both SW and now AS just don’t like updating.
Game is frozen at 466/2914mb. Whatcha think, power cycle and try again?[quoted image]

I kept getting that too. Each time I retried I was getting frozen somewhere else. Then I borrowed my friend’s faster computer and started over. Reformatted the drive and everything. Worked on first try after that.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Feeeeeels so good to get all lite, how many games did you play after getting that close.

I was done after that. It did feel really good but I was pissed I didn’t start final tour. That’s pinball for you, you always lose in the end. Haha.

1 week later
#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having some trouble with two balls kicking out at once from the trough (has nothing to do with code update). The game self-corrects eventually, but any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

This used to happen to me a ton.

First I replaced the balls and reseated the trough connections... but that didn’t work for me.

But then I noticed that the ball was taking too long to kick out of the trough and get settled on the shooter lane switch. The game thought it was unsuccessful at kicking a ball out and would try again. But then I would end up with two balls.

I ended up solving the issue by using some vicegrip pliers to gently bend down the little piece ar the top of the trough that guides the ball into the shooter lane. By bending that (a little more than it’s already bent) the ball gets to the shooter lane faster and without bobbling around. So now the game doesn’t have the desire to shoot another ball up.

3 weeks later
#2094 5 years ago

Love that! Great color choice!

Heard my new favorite callout. After draining last ball:

“It’s not rock and roll if it doesn’t have balls!”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.