IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is AS better than MET?

I find it just to be more "Fun" than Metallica. I sold my Met a month ago and haven't thought about it or missed it.

1 month later
#1238 5 years ago

Was hoping for a real update soon so maybe I could pick up an Aerosmith at the Allentown show. Looks like I'm waiting for the REAL code release now.

1 year later
#2788 4 years ago

Joined the club today and my wife is thrilled.

I saved these speaker flasher mods for when I had Metallica. Anyone have them installed on Aerosmith and if so, where?

B49073F5-4DFD-418A-BA81-E7580D14DCA1 (resized).jpegB49073F5-4DFD-418A-BA81-E7580D14DCA1 (resized).jpeg
#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone add a Polk subwoofer to their machine? If so, how to you have the audio settings configured?

Interested too. Connecting my subwoofer tomorrow.

#2795 4 years ago

First time with a Spike2 system machine. I have those speaker/amps that I posted above. They have alligator clips to connect to the terminals of a flasher. Spike2 seems a bit different with the connectors and I don't wanna F with anything with clips yet. Has anyone used mods with clips that connect to a flasher? Should that be avoided or how would I go about connecting? Thought about stripped a bit of the two wires from the flasher that go to a connector under the playfield and then connecting the clips to the bare wire. But asking of course before I do anything just for a cosmetic mod.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you haven't yet, please do yourself a favor and pull the post out of the bumpers. It truly opens up the game play on this machine.

Pulled my post last night and I like it gone so far for the same reasons you mentioned. Just got Aerosmith on Friday so wanted to get a feel for the game first before removing it.

#2797 4 years ago

Anyone have any cosmetic mods for sale? Looking used before looking brand new.

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I doubt those speakers have low voltage flashers since they were made for MET. Spike systems use 5V flashers vs the 12V flashers of old. I suspect they might still light, just not flash very bright.

Thanks for the feedback, I did not know that. I installed one, physically in place, but not connected to a flasher. I don't really like the look of it anyway, so won't be using them.

3 weeks later
#2842 3 years ago

Has anyone changed the songs using Pinball Browser? I used it all the time when I owned Metallica and Mustang and had fun changing up the songs.

Looks like it's much more involved with Spike 2, but I don't mind as long as I'm not wasting my time.

#2843 3 years ago

I'll respond to my own question. I had no problem changing songs on Aerosmith and it was the same process I used with Mustang and Metallica. Just had the extra long image reading and writing times, but I was using mu old desktop all-in-one and not my gaming laptop. Not sure how much faster it could've been since the SD card reading/writing times probably are the bottleneck.

Anyways, I swapped out Walk This Way with the version featuring Run DMC. Songs times were identical, so didn't need to edit the song. I just applied "Compression" in Audacity and adjusted the volume level.

Also swapped out Rats in the Cellar with the 2014 Skid Row cover version, just to mix it up and the guitar solo is terrific and vocals great. It's not Sebastian Bach on vocals - some other guys who made a few records with Skid Row I guess.

#2844 3 years ago

Another perfect swap:

Dude Looks Like a Lady - 4:25

Mama Kin - 4:26
Dream On - 4:26 (not a fan of this song on a pin)
Rag Doll - 4:25

I prefer the later sound of Rag Doll over the campy Dude. Bonus is the song matches the Dude animations on the LCD and no need to edit the song length.

2 weeks later
#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just installed Pin Monk's quiet fan kit in my AS. Very straight forward easy installation. I tested it when I was done with the installation with a piece of paper towel on the fan exhaust. The only reason I knew the fan was on is because the piece of paper towel flew off. I couldn't even hear the fan. Awesome.

Thanks for mentioning that. I often hear the fan and mean to buy a new one, but have always forgotten. Until now, because I just ordered one.

3 weeks later
#2872 3 years ago

Yesterday I did some work on Aerosmith. I removed the power supply fan and replaced it with the quiet fan mod. HUGE difference. I installed a set a mirror blades that I forgot I had and found when cleaning up the workshop. So I had to remove the Pinstadiums, install the blades and then reinstall the Stadiums on the blades.

While working on the blades, I saw slight separation of the front right corner of the cabinet near the shooter rod housing. So I dipped a toothpick in wood glue and got glue all in the joint area. Then I ratchet strapped around the cabinet to hold it tight and added angle brackets to each corner, both in the middle and at the top.

2 months later
#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Has anyone here added PinStadium lights ?? I’m thinking about adding a UV light.. and from what I understand one of their kits has it.
Thanks !

Yup, I swapped over one of my Pinstadiums into my Aerosmith and it looks fantastic.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffJr:

Got some Powder Coating done !!
Rob Stone did a Great Job!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did the powder coating cost?

1 month later
#3103 3 years ago

Yesterday I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

#3106 3 years ago

I'll have the next test version installed tonight. I have pinball browser installed on my old computer instead of my gaming laptop because I like to sit in the office and use several monitors, etc. So very slow dealing with video files and then importing them and then takes several hours to create and write the image.

The last video to add is Same Old Song & Dance. Trying to get that done before dinner so the I can save and write the image to the SD card. Then will have it ready by 10pm to play a bit.

I'll figure out a way to host the file and will share it for anyone who wants to try it. At least it's a fun way to freshen up the game for a bit.

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This only works with the Pro correct?

Probably, since there is pro and then prem/le software. Songs are all the same I think, so I could probably just load up that software and import the videos. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with this see if there's any interest.

#3113 3 years ago

I came up with another idea last night and began working on it today. I have all the video files I need and now I'll need to do some roughing editing and trying to sync them with each song audio from the game. I think the new direction I'm going keeps in line with the artwork & original animations of the game. The backgrounds are going to be animated, but vastly updated and improved to what you would've seen on a PC game around ten years ago. Instead of Flash web animations from 2001.

My completed test version of the video replacement is still burning to the SD card - maybe 20 min left. So I'll post video of that tomorrow and I'm going to buy another license of pinball browser to work on the animated version on my fast gaming laptop. Over the weekend I should have two vastly different versions for anyone to try out.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the game over song a separate sound file that could be changed?

Game over plays Rats In the Cellar, or whatever song is in that slot.

I just installed Pinball Browser on my gaming laptop (paid for another license). Wow! Took 3 hours to write the image last night and the game wouldn't boot with it. Wrote the image again on the SD card using the laptop - 11 minutes instead of 3 hours! Still didn't boot, image got corrupted. But that's ok since it won't take 3 hours to test my fix attempts.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are there two separate rats in the cellar files? One for game play and one for game over or is it coded as one for both? If single file then no option to change it without affecting the song during the game.

It's one song that gets used in several spots. Change that song and you'll also change the game over music that plays.

#3120 3 years ago

Yeah, ran into that when updating music in Metallica, Ghostbusters and Mustang. Would've liked to be able to just replace the game over music with something specific, but couldn't.

#3121 3 years ago

Test of several animated videos. I had to adjust the bit rate otherwise they would slow down and get choppy at times. Still going to tweak and test again. But this is showing me it’s possible.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks pretty darn good to me, is the band sort of animated?
Where did you find the content for that?

Ready to laugh? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

All but 3 songs in the game have a Guitar Hero video. Dude; Last Child and Same Old Song do not have videos. But I can use other song videos with some editing for them to work.

My wife didn't like those videos when I showed her tonight. She said she prefers the live videos much better. I'm still going to do both versions, but will finish the live videos version first.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Animated is heaps better and suits the theme better to me.

That's my thought, but I do like the live videos as well, so making two versions. I'll have 2 SD cards and can then pop in either one whenever. The animations so far don't play as smooth as the live videos. Burning another version to the SD card now with several videos saved at a different resolution and bit rate. Lots of trial and error with that.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from meatwad:

PoMC, is it possible to add videos to the attract screen like this that stern made. The other stern lcd games i have that came after AS have these type of videos that play randomly during attract mode. Nice work, love the live video one!

Yes, they are in there and could be changed. I'll take a look after I finish the main videos. This is so slow going because the firmware image often gets corrupted in pinball browser. Wasted a lot of work yesterday, so today after each video update, I save and backup the image, then test opening it again. We're talking an 8gb file, so it takes time for each operation.

1 week later
#3163 3 years ago

I finished version 1 of the live video replacement project. Gameplay video is below and shows all 9 songs having a new video instead of a Flash animation background of the band.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j6KGSozYS6ZFE3WP9

Several videos have some stuttering or slowdown during these songs: Rats in the Cellar; Back in the Saddle and Same Old Song and dance
It's because of all the added animations/overlays on those screens - rats walking around; lots of targets shown on the screens.

I'll see if lowering the bit rate on those several videos resolves the stuttering, but I don't want to reduce the video quality much more. Those several songs are already down to 1500kbps bit rate

It's too bad I couldn't complete a version in Pinball Browser by importing all videos without conversion. Without conversion, the videos play smoothly, but I cannot get all videos replaced because the image becomes corrupted before all can be replaced. Been a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming because of that. So I had to just go back to importing and allowing a conversion, which works, but not to my 100% satisfaction. But still, light years better than the original background graphics.

1 week later
#3167 3 years ago

Note to self - do NOT install a shaker

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone ever experience a failure of the kicker that tosses the balls at the toy box during multiball? On more than one occasion during multiball I will get two or three balls piled up in the lane there and the sound effect keeps playing but the coil doesn’t fire. If no other balls are in play the game will go into ball search and launch the first ball and then launch the others out. What would cause this? Only happens intermittently during multiball

Have you adjustment the strength of the coil in settings? I had that happen when I increased the strength, but never had it happen otherwise. Wondering if you found the same issue I did?

#3180 3 years ago

Bought a shaker for MMr yesterday and almost ordered one for Aerosmith. Then I said, screw that, don’t wanna break a node board.

#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I have not, but I am the second owner so I will check the settings and see if the settings are anything other than default.
Its so strange because its not a mechanical problem (the kicker and its coil, etc all work fine under all other circumstances outside multiball) as does the switch. The audio effect that plays when that kicker fires also plays repeatedly which tells me that the switch is working during multiball but the kicker for some reason isn't firing - and again this is all intermittent.
It seems like a code issue or something...

Set it back to factory default - Feature Adjustment #8, Right Eject Power. 220 is the factory default. I tried increasing it when a few balls would come up short of the toybox and that's when I had the issue you are experiencing. Could be a code issue, that is what I was thinking.

#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

HA! You were right! Previous owner had adjusted this to 225. put it back to 220. symptoms gone.
Thank you sir!!!!

Awesome! I was wondering if I was having the issue because of my custom code running music videos. So def an actual code issue. I'm experimenting with higher settings to see if the problem ceases at a certain point.

#3193 3 years ago

Right. The game needs to get the balls from somewhere. If the balls needed are in the toy box, then the toy box is emptied. Toy box cannot spit out only the required balls, dumps out the entire box.

1 week later
#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

OK.
But when you change a song, the animations are the same than before or not?
For example:
You play "Dude looks like a lady", the animations are showing different men (mostly) and the played song is "It´s raining men"?
LOL.

Animations can be changed too. My Aerosmith Pro plays videos for the songs because I replaced the animations. Completely changes the vibe of the game and looks terrific.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm looking forward to trying this when you get it tweaked.

I think I've got it as tweaked as tweaked can be now.

#3218 3 years ago

I streamed the updated videos on Twitch a few days ago. Not sure how good the quality of the stream is, was testing out Twitch for the first time.

https://www.twitch.tv/p0mc/videos

I'll record new video and save it to Google Photos and post that link.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

What SD Card did you use? I have some high speed ones that might perform differently.

Tried different makes of class 10 cards. Class 10 or earlier do not matter though. Rats in the Cellar and Same Old Song have too much going on with items being displayed on the screen during the modes. Any slow down is due to the graphics processor or CPU.

I’m completely satisfied now and spent way too many hours on this already. So I’m considering this my final version personally. When I’m playing the game there’s no way I can stand there and watch every second of the video being played.

If I make this available it will be for sale and I’ll mail a loaded SD card out. The image is 29 gigs and I don’t have an easy or simple way to share that online anyway. If I do decide to sell it then I will first make a premium and LE version so they are both available at the same time.

4 months later
#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I might possibly be getting one of these soon but the owner said the ball often misses the toybox. I didn't see any key post on this but what are the usual suspects?

Guy I bought mine from said the same thing. But he didn't understand it is supposed to miss on purpose at times, like the lid will be closed and it will still launch a ball at Jacky's face, etc. Also if the lock isn't lit, it won't attempt a throw.

Sometimes the first game I played, it will legit miss, but it either learns or just starts working fine the 2nd game onwards.

4 weeks later
#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve had my Aerosmith Pro on location for about 3 months, and it’s got a peculiar problem. Sometimes (always?) during Toys in the Attic multiball, a ball will stop in the VUK that feeds the box. After a while, the game shows an error:
“Operator Alert - Right Eject Device Malfunction”
Eventually the game dumps whatever balls are in the toy box, and kicks out the ball from the VUK slot.
I’ve checked and rechecked the switch for the VUK, and it’s fine. I wonder if the real problem is in the toy box, and the error message is itself in error? I’m going to go back on Saturday to spend more time under the hood. I just hoped this might be familiar to someone who’s had this issue. This ONLY happens during TITA MB. Thanks!

Have you changed the toybox eject power in the settings? If you have, set it back to the default power. I noticed that error on my machine when I changed increased the toybox eject power. Set it back to default and no more errors.

1 month later
#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone else figured out adding the music videos to the display? No new updates in a while.

Yeah, I’ve done about 5 different versions for myself. Live music videos with the live song versions; live videos with album songs; music videos with album songs; Run DMC’s Walk This Way as an option for all versions.

My Aerosmith is at a friend’s because I have his Iron Maiden. I’ll revisit when I get it back and maybe make the versions available. I’ll also make a premium/LE version and will also add attract mode videos or photo slideshows.

1 week later
#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Can someone post the jumper settings on the Spike2 board in the backbox? The ones I saw are all down and I want to make sure that is right.

All down/off

1 month later
#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Does anyone remember the guy selling the kits to update the songs on Aerosmith? Thanks in advance

I have many different versions I've made and can custom make them too. Message me if you're interested.

One of these days I'll make available the music videos and concert footage code too.

1 week later
#3498 2 years ago

I streamed one version of my custom video software mod on the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group last night.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3502 2 years ago

Probably have to be a member of that Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

May as well have a pro install the quiet fan kit.

Makes a HUGE difference. I need to buy a fan now for my Jurassic Park and Stranger Things. They are loud in a quiet room. I work from home at my bar and like to have the games on for ambiance, but find I need to turn off those two because the fans are annoying.

#3508 2 years ago

Very nice! I ordered a speaker panel for the pro a few minutes ago.

1 week later
#3511 2 years ago

I replaced the blue t-molding on my Star Trek Pro with red and then installed the blue on Aerosmith. Matches the artwork well and I think will look great when the magnet speaker panel artwork cover arrives.

IMG_5866 (resized).jpgIMG_5866 (resized).jpgIMG_5868 (resized).jpgIMG_5868 (resized).jpgIMG_5872 (resized).jpgIMG_5872 (resized).jpg
#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you have different code running on the machine?
Loved the "Headquarters" album cover behind it. Would I be the only one who would buy a Monkees machine?

Yeah I've made a bunch of new code so it plays videos instead of the animation during song modes. Some all live version with matching live audio, some with their music videos, some with guitar hero animations. etc.

#3519 2 years ago

I like this dice, but I think 50mm is a little too large for a shooter knob. 38mm or so would be perfect. Why dice for Aerosmith though? What's the connection to the band?

ebay.com link: itm

#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I don't think there's a band connection, but there's dice on the playfield in front of the elevator. Fits the "toys" aesthetic.

Ahhh... that's why I see yo-yo mods and other weird shit for sale!

#3524 2 years ago

The magnetic artwork speaker panel cover is fantastic looking!

IMG_5914 (resized).JPGIMG_5914 (resized).JPGIMG_5917 (resized).JPGIMG_5917 (resized).JPG
#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks like the one in post #3507. Didn't realize they were magnetic:
-link removed-

Not all are, depending on the speaker panel material. I'm going to order Jurassic Park and Medieval Madness. Stranger Things looks great too, but I'll be selling or trading that soon than later.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like the look of the art, but they look like they are blocking the sound. Would be better with cutouts for the speakers i think.

There are plenty of holes to allow the sound to pass. I haven't noticed any difference in the audio.

#3537 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pro attending Pinfest tomorrow, contact me if you'd like to buy an SD card loaded with the custom videos. Bringing 5 SD cards with me and two remain unspoken for.

1 week later
#3555 2 years ago

My custom video code is finally completed for the Premium and Limited Edition. Message me if interested in this for any model.

*Note: Same Old Song and Dance & Rats in The Cellar remain the stock animation videos. Replacing those videos causes stuttering and game slow down on occasion due to the animated overlays displayed during those songs. I can provide an SD card replacing all videos, with the caveats I mentioned.

Long video showing the different video changes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5

This one shows the current Back in the Saddle video. The link above shows a prior version at the end of the clip. This video also shows the the choice of Run DMC's Walk This Way video as an option versus the live Aerosmith version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Will this work on the pro? I like what you've done!

Yes indeed and thanks!

#3563 2 years ago

Incorrect. Anyone interested can contact me for info.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That was the price you gave me. If you charged $30-$50, you would sell a lot more.

Things changed since. Anyone wanting info, please contact me via PM.

#3583 2 years ago

Price has gone down several times from my initial thoughts. Price has not gone up. Price decreases are a GOOD thing.

$150 shipped

Very fair price for a game changing mod. Any questions? PM me. I have many different versions and can also customize a version if you have an idea I can implement.

#3595 2 years ago

For your viewing pleasure. Versions of my code updates that failed due to CPU/GPU limitations. Tell you what, this was not a quick and easy project. But fun for me.

I wish I could've perfected the "Rock Band" Aerosmith videos because I like the concept of keeping all animations, but updating them. Nope. The system does not like those videos not matter how I rendered or converted them. Same Old Song & Dance and Rats in the Cellar love to choke and stutter because of all the animated overlays too. Back In the Saddle was similar but I found a workaround for it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V6R3G1Law4g4TTxt5

3 weeks later
#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:Howdy! I just noticed all the want ads for AS. Maybe this pin is finally getting the attention it deserves. Also I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the AS live SD card. I'd like for "Walk this way" to be a bit louder (this song needs to crank!). Otherwise it'd be nice to be a bit cheaper and it would sell a lot better. But overall, a nice addition to an already great pin.

I can make it louder. Which version? Aerosmith or Run DMC?

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Run DMC. It's just that other songs like Elevator are at a nice volume but Walk is a bit weak. When you get Walk balanced Elevator is too loud. It just needs to be balanced a bit if you can do that.

Sure can!

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Are the live videos smooth or choppy with the live video mod for AS? Any bugs/glitches or random system reboots? Thinking about doing this with my LE. Already have Pinwoofer and the cartoon animations never did much for me.

You can watch the links I've posted of entire games being played. Never a system reboot.

1 month later
#3630 2 years ago

That topper needs the custom video code along with it for sure.

1 month later
#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

but the Dream On video is kind of choppy and does lag some.

What song spot did you place it in?

Same Old Song and Rats in the Cellar are choppy and laggy regardless of what replacement methods I tried. I just leave those two song videos stock because of the lag and game slowdown....no fun playing like that.

Edit: I just watched and saw it was Rats in the Cellar. Choose another song to replace if you want Dream on to play smooth. All those rats and the graphic overlays cause the slowdown. Same with Same Old Song - too many overlays and they end up covering the screen anyway as you hit the targets.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Did you ever come across a situation where you replace the main video and the side graphics disappears sporadically while the song is playing?

Yes indeed. Seems to happen during screen transitions. Like the Jackie animation is on the screen for Ball Save, then when it cuts back to the video, sometimes the border is missing.

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, so nothing can be done about it? It is odd because it only seemed to happen on one video of three I tried for Last Child as a replacement.

In my experience, it's to be expected on transitions during Rats and SOS&D. To a lesser extent with Back in the Saddle.

Seems like the CPU and/or GPU are under powered for the complete video replacements of each one.

1 month later
#3708 2 years ago

I made a Led Zep and Motley Crue playlist for Aerosmith Pro. Let me know if you want to try either or both and I'll upload the image to my Google Drive and send the link.

Making a Rush mix next just to keep things fresh with the game. I recently went back to the stock code and original animations for a change of pace. They work well when switching music to other bands, just generic enough animations of a band playing.

#3714 2 years ago

Yes it is normal. If a lock isn’t lit for the toybox then the lid will not open.

1 month later
#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Question.
Aerosmith Bus Mod With lights.
Lights have alligator clips.
What would you connect the lights to?
Thanks

The GI bulb of your choosing. Probably will need to cut a little of the black wrap around each lug so the clip has good contact.

1 week later
#3741 1 year ago

If anyone wants my Motley Crue, Led Zeppelin or Rush mixes running the latest code, I can share those. Been playing just fine with Insider Connected.

I didn't do anything other than replace the songs, nothing fancy with song name and song artwork changes on the select screen. These mixes were just for me to enjoy different music at times.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, is there an adjustment in settings? It works every time, just too strong. I've only put 10 games on, but has not been accurate at all, pro I had was 95%. Thx,,,

Adjustments - Feature Adjustments - Toy Box Diverter power

3 weeks later
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Currently running custom 1.07 code. Temporarily I want to run standard code.
Does anyone have 1.07 archived somewhere I can download?

You don’t have to run the same code as the custom code is running. I swap between my custom code and the latest Stern code. I also have several different playlist mixes running the latest Stern code. You can swap back-and-forth without any issues.

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Ahh thanks! I wasn’t sure if I used stock 1.10 code if it would update the bios or nodes or something that the 1.07 code wouldn’t recognize.

The node boards get updated just fine as you swap back and forth different versions.

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

You do this by just swapping the SD cards?

Yes. When an older version is inserted, it "updates" the node boards to that version. Insert the new code SD card, and it "updates" to that version.

Can swap back and forth all day long.

1 month later
#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Has anyone installed the insider connected to this game? Thoughts?
Wondering if Stern put effort into it or pass for now.

I have. I move my QR reader to my different games and it’s the same as the other games.

1 week later
#3781 1 year ago

I had a white LED shooter housing mod laying around. Last night after having a few drinks I installed it on Aerosmith. Looks just fine But I wouldn’t purposely buy it.

I also bought a four dollar magnet of Aerosmith album covers to hide the holes in the coin door from a card swipe that was previously installed.

19D3EB0F-7A2E-4C33-A47E-75E1D8657462 (resized).jpeg19D3EB0F-7A2E-4C33-A47E-75E1D8657462 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3787 1 year ago

I'm going to be updating the 1.10 code since I've started playing the game more lately using Insider Connected and trying to get achievements.

Will make a few versions available. One with attract mode videos and everything else stock; another with live music videos replacing the multiball videos. Another full version with all animated videos replaced with live videos may be made again too.

1 week later
#3789 1 year ago

Glad I didn't dive in too far on my update.

4 months later
#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hi fellow fans of this great game. I adjusted the power of the various eject holes and now I'm having a prob with the launch to the toybox, ie its intermittently not launching at all, not kicking out during ball search and saying 'right eject malfunction' . I've tried reseating all the plugs so I thought I might install the latest update to see if that helps. I don't have a Stern Insider setup though. Should I try still putting in the latest update?

There appears to be a bug in the code. A while back I adjusted the power to the kicker that launches balls to the toy box.

It screwed up the game after making any change in power. Leave it default.

1 month later
#3866 1 year ago

Messing with that eject power screws up the game. Seems like a bug.

1 month later
#3904 1 year ago

I made a new video update based on the latest 1.12 code. Pro only for now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-live-amp-in-concert-code#post-7470314

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

UPDATE on my game freezing, reseting issue (sporatic).
Before replacing the whole cpu card $$$
Stern service has suggested I re-write the cpu SD card.
Then I had to call a few computer places to find someone with an SD card writer.
I found an old local BBS guy that can do it for me.
New SD by the weekend.

Try writing using Win32DiskImager. I've had several guys this week using Etcher to write my code for Elvira and Avengers and it would freeze and F up. Not the case ever in my experience using Win32DiskImager. Use any 8GB SD card you have and write Stern's latest image file to it.

When browsing for the .RAW file, at the lower right corner change the Disk Image *.img pull-down menu to *.*. Otherwise it will not see the file because it's not showing everything.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

#3913 1 year ago

I'm going to release my project I did years ago, but update to code 1.12, replacing all the song animations with their Guitar Hero counterparts. Works as a fun party trick, because of course that damn Aerosmith early Spike2 system does not like changes. Have to make my own edits for 3 songs since they did not have the Guitar Hero treatment.

Shaky and unfocused video here. Was using a phone stand placed on the game to take video but of course it shook the shit outta the phone/camera.

1 week later
#3936 12 months ago

Have you changed any coil strength settings? I know changing the eject to the toybox will cause issues. Make sure all your coil settings are at the factory default. That's all I got.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.