Topic Stats

• 2,994 posts
  • 299 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 minutes ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 475 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200716_111904-1 (resized).jpg
20200716_111908-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8009 (resized).JPG
IMG_7973 (resized).JPG
IMG_7971 (resized).JPG
20180608_124004_HDR-2 (resized).jpg
as1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7937 (resized).JPG
spk1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7923 (resized).JPG
D8D87D50-669D-4B86-A3FA-DC5830B882CE (resized).jpeg
3C366EBB-457C-4760-9337-A5B6BB6F8136 (resized).jpeg
Bus7 (resized).jpg
van (resized).jpg
20200424_182057 (resized).jpg
20200424_172143 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (3 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (2 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is AS better than MET?

I find it just to be more "Fun" than Metallica. I sold my Met a month ago and haven't thought about it or missed it.

1 month later
#1238 2 years ago

Was hoping for a real update soon so maybe I could pick up an Aerosmith at the Allentown show. Looks like I'm waiting for the REAL code release now.

1 year later
#2788 4 months ago

Joined the club today and my wife is thrilled.

I saved these speaker flasher mods for when I had Metallica. Anyone have them installed on Aerosmith and if so, where?

B49073F5-4DFD-418A-BA81-E7580D14DCA1 (resized).jpeg
#2790 4 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone add a Polk subwoofer to their machine? If so, how to you have the audio settings configured?

Interested too. Connecting my subwoofer tomorrow.

#2795 4 months ago

First time with a Spike2 system machine. I have those speaker/amps that I posted above. They have alligator clips to connect to the terminals of a flasher. Spike2 seems a bit different with the connectors and I don't wanna F with anything with clips yet. Has anyone used mods with clips that connect to a flasher? Should that be avoided or how would I go about connecting? Thought about stripped a bit of the two wires from the flasher that go to a connector under the playfield and then connecting the clips to the bare wire. But asking of course before I do anything just for a cosmetic mod.

#2796 4 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you haven't yet, please do yourself a favor and pull the post out of the bumpers. It truly opens up the game play on this machine.

Pulled my post last night and I like it gone so far for the same reasons you mentioned. Just got Aerosmith on Friday so wanted to get a feel for the game first before removing it.

#2797 4 months ago

Anyone have any cosmetic mods for sale? Looking used before looking brand new.

#2799 4 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I doubt those speakers have low voltage flashers since they were made for MET. Spike systems use 5V flashers vs the 12V flashers of old. I suspect they might still light, just not flash very bright.

Thanks for the feedback, I did not know that. I installed one, physically in place, but not connected to a flasher. I don't really like the look of it anyway, so won't be using them.

3 weeks later
#2842 3 months ago

Has anyone changed the songs using Pinball Browser? I used it all the time when I owned Metallica and Mustang and had fun changing up the songs.

Looks like it's much more involved with Spike 2, but I don't mind as long as I'm not wasting my time.

#2843 3 months ago

I'll respond to my own question. I had no problem changing songs on Aerosmith and it was the same process I used with Mustang and Metallica. Just had the extra long image reading and writing times, but I was using mu old desktop all-in-one and not my gaming laptop. Not sure how much faster it could've been since the SD card reading/writing times probably are the bottleneck.

Anyways, I swapped out Walk This Way with the version featuring Run DMC. Songs times were identical, so didn't need to edit the song. I just applied "Compression" in Audacity and adjusted the volume level.

Also swapped out Rats in the Cellar with the 2014 Skid Row cover version, just to mix it up and the guitar solo is terrific and vocals great. It's not Sebastian Bach on vocals - some other guys who made a few records with Skid Row I guess.

#2844 3 months ago

Another perfect swap:

Dude Looks Like a Lady - 4:25

Mama Kin - 4:26
Dream On - 4:26 (not a fan of this song on a pin)
Rag Doll - 4:25

I prefer the later sound of Rag Doll over the campy Dude. Bonus is the song matches the Dude animations on the LCD and no need to edit the song length.

2 weeks later
#2862 77 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just installed Pin Monk's quiet fan kit in my AS. Very straight forward easy installation. I tested it when I was done with the installation with a piece of paper towel on the fan exhaust. The only reason I knew the fan was on is because the piece of paper towel flew off. I couldn't even hear the fan. Awesome.

Thanks for mentioning that. I often hear the fan and mean to buy a new one, but have always forgotten. Until now, because I just ordered one.

3 weeks later
#2872 55 days ago

Yesterday I did some work on Aerosmith. I removed the power supply fan and replaced it with the quiet fan mod. HUGE difference. I installed a set a mirror blades that I forgot I had and found when cleaning up the workshop. So I had to remove the Pinstadiums, install the blades and then reinstall the Stadiums on the blades.

While working on the blades, I saw slight separation of the front right corner of the cabinet near the shooter rod housing. So I dipped a toothpick in wood glue and got glue all in the joint area. Then I ratchet strapped around the cabinet to hold it tight and added angle brackets to each corner, both in the middle and at the top.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside