IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballology.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 6 years ago

I just have one comlpaint/concern about my Aerosmith Pro. My toybox has no problem opening and closing throughout the startup of the game, along with any tests....but around 50% of the time when I go to start toybox multi-ball the lid tries to open and ends up not opening....then a good 7-10 seconds (or more) later the lid opens and dumps the ball. This makes the ball saves impossible and shortening the length of the multi-ball. I've checked all connections and my software is up to date. At this point I'm rolling with it hoping that over the next month or so it'll work itself out. Otherwise I'll be giving Stern a call : )

Anyone?

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call Stern now and talk to them because the problem isnt going to work itself out i guarantee you. Give them a call and i bet they can help you out. Chaz and his buddy are cool guys and always willing to help.

I’ll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning and see what they can work out with me. I juts purchased it new in box : )

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have this same exact problem. Please inform us of what Stern says. Thanks!

I'm calling Stern tomorrow morning at 11:00 Eastern time to see what they say. I'll keep everyone informed on here as soon as I get off the phone with them. I need my multi-ball!!! " Shoot the scoop and add a ball" : )

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes please keep us posted because maybe it can help other people down the road.

#938 6 years ago

I spoke with Chas at Stern just now about the toybox multiball failing to start.....toybox gets loaded up, lid goes to open, lid closes (without opening up and dropping multiball), then 7-10 seconds later the multiball drops (wasting anytime for ball save, inherently causing multiball to be shortened drastically). He didn't have an answer for the problem but was going to speak with John, the developer of the game, and call me back.

We did go into the Aerosmith Game-Specific Tests, Toy Box Motor Tests (37/36). I manually opened the toy box to make sure that the motor was working to raise and lower the mech inside the toybox to dump the balls and it was just fine.

So basically I don't have an answer yet, I'm still waiting for them to call me back. Like I mentioned, this was a BNIB game that I got from The Pinball Company around/less than two weeks ago. The Pinball Company referred me to 1-800-KICKERS for tech support.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#939 6 years ago

This is a screenshot of the video I took and sent to Stern and The Pinbal Company. The Toybox reaches its max height here and then closes. 50% of the time.......

I’ll keep this thread updated with my solution from Stern.

81B19508-AECD-478C-B14D-8EE478AB302A (resized).jpeg81B19508-AECD-478C-B14D-8EE478AB302A (resized).jpeg

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the secret Peekaboo Multiball...

Tried that a few times in college. Haha.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well that is very odd. It sucks that you are having this problem om a new game but Chaz will get it sorted out for you I guarantee it. It looks like you have a couple of other great games that you can play while this issue is being sorted out so at least you can still play some pinball right? Please keep us all updated on this issue though because it could definitely help alot of people down the road.

Yea!!!! I’m still playing some pin. Ac/dc and The Shadow : )

I’m all good. I’ve got no worries about Stern hooking it up, it’s just a bummer.

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There is a feature adjustment to make the ball lock virtual. If you set that, you can play he game without any isues while you wait for a fix.

Niiiiiice! Thanks!!!

#957 6 years ago

got an email from Chas, he's going to be sending a replacement plunger cap to help with the issue I have. Hopefully it works. Total bummer though, NIB less than two weeks old.....I'm trying to crush the Grand Champion score! I need my multi-ball ; )

Here's a couple videos on youtube I made earlier today. I assume its the same issue a lot of you are having as well?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ko9Jo4FJfR8VlfzV5P4Jg

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Please post a picture of that plunger cap. I can't picture what it is. I haven't had this issue in months but used to get it frequently. I didn't really do anything just moved the assembly manually a few times so i assume the issue will come back someday.

For sure. As soon as I get it from Stern I’ll post a picture and video.

#976 6 years ago

Just a little update about my information with Nic at The Pinball Company. Great guy to deal with. He has been courtesy copied on all my emails with Stern about my toy box issue. He let me know they will take care of anything that is needed for repairing my machine. I don't think it will be necessary but the fact that he has assured me they would makes me want to do business with them again in the near future.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Having a good distributor is priceless. I just bought a game from Melissa at Cointaker and the experience so far has been amazing and i am confident that if i have any problems that she will do whatever it takes to make things right. She has definitely earned my future business.

Quoted from wvpinball:

Same here! Cointaker is the best!! Melissa and company will take good care if you!!

Well, they might have another customer hoping on the wagon. I was planning on ordering a Metallica Monsters Premium on Monday.....Cointaker has it $800 les than what I was looking at. Can anyone verify how fast they ship? I just might have to "walk that way", haha.

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

After watching your video a few times, it's looking to me like the balls are binding up the lid. Seems like if the balls fall into just the right position it'll happen and also why it's a random problem. That could be fixed by a code adjustment to open the lid earlier so the balls don't have a chance to even touch the lid while they move up. I'll look into it more this weekend on my game.

Stern is suppose to be sending me a new plunger cap, maybe that will increase the speed at which the balls get ejected??? I have no clue at this point. I totally think that it could possibly be a code issue as well. I know one thing, I'll find out soon enough. I'll keep you updated on how it plays out.

#994 6 years ago

While I wait for Stern to send me what they think could be causing my toy box issue I'm going to try and update my code, even though it's already up to date. I don't know what else I could possibly do, it's driving me crazy not being able to solve the problem. I'm guessing that I will replace the plunger cap in the toy box like they are recommending and the problem will still exist (just my uneducated opinion) and it's going to end up being a Node issue.....which is what my buddy has been telling me all along. Shall see soon!

#1024 6 years ago

This is what I received from Stern today. I don’t have the time to get this installed today but will be tomorrow afternoon. I’ll keep the thread up to date on how it goes down.

3EDF6433-DB14-47D2-B242-D214F7CA46D9 (resized).jpeg3EDF6433-DB14-47D2-B242-D214F7CA46D9 (resized).jpeg

#1027 6 years ago

Installed the new plunger stop for toybox lid coil today, haven't had a single issue with the toybox opening for multiball since. Usually 50% of the time I was having failure to open for multiball and this seems to have fixed the problem. If you are having the same issue call Stern, talk to Chas, let them know you need the same part. Below are some pics of the breakdown, part comparison (HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IMHO). Thanks for following the thread. Any questions, shoot me a PM.

User Manual 5.36 Toy Box Up Kicker Assembly

I'll let the thread know if I have anymore issues. Cheers : )

IMG_6469 (resized).jpgIMG_6469 (resized).jpg

IMG_6468 (resized).jpgIMG_6468 (resized).jpg

IMG_6467 (resized).jpgIMG_6467 (resized).jpg

IMG_6466 (resized).jpgIMG_6466 (resized).jpg

IMG_6465 (resized).jpgIMG_6465 (resized).jpg

IMG_6464 (resized).jpgIMG_6464 (resized).jpg

IMG_6463 (resized).jpgIMG_6463 (resized).jpg

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is awesome CC Rider, glad you got it fixed finally. Now play the hell out of it and enjoy your new game!!

Thanks! I’ve gotta spend a day getting my wife’s name off the Grand Champion!!!!

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah you cannot allow that to happen at all. If you have to , just pull the glass off when shes not looking and get your initials in that Grand Champion spot!

Hahahaha. That's pretty good. ; )

#1032 6 years ago

ISSUE NOT FIXED (haha)

Stern sent me a replacement Shaft Head (part no. 530-5511-01) and I replaced the piece a little over 24 hours ago. Game worked fine for a good dozen or so rounds.

I'm sure Chas loved the four emails I sent in a row....one new video, one of the pictures i did of the install yeterday (see above), one of a washer (which I found out the answer too, yes is is suppose to be bent), and another letting them know that the compression spring which is shown in the diagram was not in the mech at all.

This is the part that was left out of my machine. Compression spring-conical (part no. 266-5020-00)

I'm hoping that it's the spring that is the issue. It's so crazy that it worked fine for a dozen games yesterday and it stopped working today.

New Video:

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just joined the club on the premium and very happy with it. Since I'm late to the game what's the must have mods? I have the stern topper on order and will get the flipper fidelity speaker kit for it.

I wouldn't play a single game until I had the Pro Hearts Mod for Love In An Elevator : )

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4564

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballology.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=pinballology and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.