IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Last week the wife and I went out to this new pinball bar called the Operating Room that had just opened in West Des Moines, pinball isn't really her thing but shes a trooper and went anyways; if I had to describe this place with just one word, it would be ... AWESOME! Anyways, they had over a dozen machines, most were recent titles included both releases from Jersey Jack and CGC along with several Stern titles which included an Aerosmith PE. We both played the Aerosmith and I can tell she was enjoying the machine then after playing a couple games she turned to me and said "I like this one!" Being a guy, I'm still trying to figure out what she actually means when she says things, needless to say I took it to mean "You should get one of these." after all, what else could it mean right?
Anyways, I had a brief conversation with Mike over at Automated Services and a beautiful new pin was delivered today

Congratulations! It is an awesome game, we love ours.

Happy Flipping!

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If AS is the only pin of the two he's considering you have, I can see why you would say that. If you have both to compare directly, it's a no-brainer. Dialed In is the obvious choice. That said, there's a $1600 price premium on the DI LE, so there IS that. But it's the better game.

You do realise that you are on a Aerosmith owners club thread? DI is totally different and not for everyone. I understand that you love your DI, so post away in the DI threads. We and our friends happen to love our ASLE!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm asking a different question - whether other AS owners have seen the problem. As far as I know I'm the only one, so maybe something is wrong with my specific game.

If you are unsure, it will not hurt to do a factory reset on your machine. Make sure you are running the latest code (1.03) first. We have not had this problem that I know of. We had other silly things going on like the ball not getting shot in to the toybox and the ball not going up the elevator. We reset the machine and everything has been working fine ever since.

The only other issue we had was that the machine kept spitting 2 balls out in to the shooter lane. The first ball to be shot out was bouncing straight back in to the ball trough. Another ball had already taken its place, so the machine shot 2 balls out. We bent the tab at ball exit so the ball did not bounce back in. Fixed! same as old B/W machines.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't heard of more code coming yet. But the KISS song-changing bug is confirmed to be in the AS code, too.

Please tell me what you are on about? Who from Stern and when was this confirmed. You seem to be the only person that keeps saying this.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Sorry, but Huh? Plus two posts that just mention the bug... neither mention KISS or provide any evidence to this statement.
While Stern certainly uses a base software package, that's only smart, it doesn't mean that games are clones of each other. What facts back this up?
Were also making a giant leap to a conclusion by arbitrarily deciding that two similar appearing bugs are being caused by the same thing, even if the above statement were proven true.
Possible? Absolutely.
Probable? Sure, why not.
Fact? No.

Thanks Mercat. I agree completely!

4 weeks later
#434 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

You should watch the linked video from PinballSupernova which shows him installing Pinblades using the wet method. He actually installed my Aerosmith Pinblades for me on my LE and they came out great. I had been concerned that wetting the adhesive may lessen the adhesiveness of them, but all my games with Pinblades have been installed using the wet method and they are securely attached to the game after years.
» YouTube video
I would also recommend buying Pinblade protectors from Pinball Life for when you have to work on your game, you just put these plastic sleeves on the game while you lift the playfield and they protect Pinblades or mirror blades.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575
Good luck!
Ed

Thanks very much for posting. I did not realise there were Pinblade protectors. What a fantastic idea.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I added the "super modes" to this one ...

Thanks very much! Your cards will be on our machine tonight! Love them.

3 months later
#666 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really enjoyed playing this last Friday at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A fantastic pinball parlor. Also played it at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY, another rockin’ establishment that feels fairly anti-establishment.
AS rocks. Very cool game. I enjoy the shots quite a bit. There’s nice flow and very little ball stoppage.
Are the rules deep enough for a 4-5 game collection? I like to keep my games for at least 2 years, and I play the hell out of them. Lonnie rules have let me down a little in the past, but I’ve heard there are some cool little quirks to AS rules.

AS is an awesome game. Surprised us how good the game really is and we have had our machine for 5 months. Be careful if you do not like Lonnie as the programmer. My wife and I like Lonnie s rule sets as they are extremely easy to understand. Lonnie always gets you in to the machine straight away as you can easily work out your objectives. For us Lonnie Rocks! The rule set on AS is plenty deep enough!

Good luck!

1 month later
#825 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The ball eject gives me sometimes 2 balls in the shooterlane. I checked the optos in the ball trough, they seems to be ok. Any idea ?

There is a metal tab as the ball pops out of the ball trough that the ball needs to hit to deflect it from bouncing straight back in to the shooter lane. You will need to bend this a little towards the shooter rod. You will find that the ball is bouncing straight back in to the ball trough and another ball has already taken its place so the machine shoots out 2 balls.

Good Luck!

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Maybe you have a picture to see how much you have bent it ??
Thanks

I hope that helps. I just bend the tab a little until the machine stops popping out 2 balls.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That helps
Thank you

Good luck!

1 month later
#949 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The only thing pushing it up are the balls...mine does this occasional and it really sux as the ball save time at the start of multiball is gone by the time the game figures out you have no balls in play and does a ball search

You could check your ball trough sensors are connected right and working properly. We had that issue, and there was some dust on one of the optos.

Good luck!

#951 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Can't see how that's related

The ball trough is one of the ways AS registers how many balls are in the toy box. The other is the optos in the top of the inside of the toy box. Also check connections of the optos. Simple things first. They take 5 mins to check and cost nothing.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Not related at all ... keep in mind all the balls are in the coffin and its trying to kick them out except the lid doesn't open.

All good. Sorry, I did not read that properly, I though machine was going in to "ball search". Reading back through the thread properly, the toy box lid is getting stuck. We will wait and see what Stern come up with.

1 month later
#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

NEW CODE RELEASED TODAY!!!!
V1.05.0 - April 2, 2018
=======================
- Fixed a time out bug in "Back in the Saddle" where, during the "final shot(s)" sequence, the pop bumpers turned off the lit shot(s).
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if the display tried to render too many layered images after a foreground display effect was finished running.
- Fixed a bug where the flippers where allowed to change the bottom lane lamps during diagnostics.
- Changed the default speech/music attenuation settings on French games.
- Changed the default ball save settings on China games.
- Fixed a problem where combo shots to the left scoop during Love in an Elevator Multiball were not being scored correctly.
- Removed unused adjustment.
- Added an upper playfield targets completed audit.
- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment in ms for tilt bob debounce
- System v1.97, nodebus protocol change and node board firmware update.
- At the start of each ball, check if the stgl5000 codec chip has reset due to static discharge and reconfigure register if needed to recover audio playback.
- Changed debounce logic/timing to prevent double start button detects.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Improved sound proccessing
- Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,
Game Play, and Service Mode adjustments in the service menu
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up
- Reworked boot time displays for node board firmware update and locating node
boards.
- Added boot time display for overcurrent detected (shorted coil or LED) on
node boards.
- Added support for dynamic detection and isolation of overcurrent coils or
LEDs. Previous behavior would disable all coils and LEDs for 1/2 second each
time a short was detected. New behavior will determine the short coil and/or
LED and disable only the offender.
- Added tech alert for overcurrent coils and LEDs on node boards. New
diagnostic test to retest node board and report with coils/LEDs are drawing
too much current. Excessive current draw could be the result of a shorted
coil, an incorrect replacement LED/incandescent bulb, shorted light socket,
et cetera.
- Every 15 minutes during attract mode overcurrent coils/led will be rechecked
and returned to service if operating correctly.
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- The deprecated BILL VALIDATOR adjustment has been removed.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting (0x0B) default to Sweden 3 pricing.
- Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
screen.
- Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.
- Updated UK pricing
- Added China dip switch setting
- Added support for China currency and pricing.
- Added support for eWallet psuedo ticket dispenser device. Only selectable
for China dip switch setting. The ticket and redemption systems will
ignore this device if selected.
- Added support for new headphone jack accessory
- Added SWITZERLAND 3 pricing (the new default for games that are DIP-switch set for SWITZERLAND): 2/1 SwF 5/3 SwF.

Thanks! Downloading now. Looks like mainly tech and pricing fixes.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I love my Metallica, its just too much fun not to like even though I was never a big Metallica fan. I don't recommend going with an LE or Premium on this one though as there are just too many issues with the Pre/LE magnet board that taint the enjoyment of the hammer and coffin lock mechs.

Stern have addressed the issue with MET premiums. Machines with a metal backbox have a different revision magnet board. Gets rid of 95% of the ball drops from the hammer/coffin lock. We have a MET roadcase and just love it. I would post you a photo but machine is covered and stored away as we are doing a small renovation at home. If you have a MET Prem/LE dropping the balls off the hammer lock, a good Stern distro should point you in the right direction.

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

While this is true, the failures with revision D boards are more pronounced than missed locks and phantom hammers, these issues result in blown fuses and/or burnt circuit boards.

You are all over it. That is good. I can only speak for ours, and it is fantastic! The hammer/coffin lock is one of the coolest toys in pinball.

2 weeks later
#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Will I lose all my custom settings when I update the code?
I am using a new USB drive. Do I need to format it or can I just copy the files to it?

Yes you will lose all your custom settings and your high scores when you update the code.
Ensure your USB stick is 16gig and fat32 formatted before you start. Download all the files from the Stern site and unzip them before you drag the files over to your formatted USB stick. The instructions are all in your backbox.

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
The readme file said their would be 2 files but I have 3 files when unzipped. (2 being almost the same size)

All good.
Yes I think there are 3 files. The updates are mainly technical, we did not notice much difference.

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I was hoping this would fix the times it gets confused and can't seem to locate a ball. This happens when a ball is tossed into the toy box. It goes through ball search about 4 times before it dumps the toy box. Happens about once every 4 games.

I do not think the update will resolve your issue. There are optos in the top of your toybox that could have a loose connection or are not working correctly. First, check that they have not come loose. If you open the toybox lid, you should see them behind the 4 holes. If you know how to, go to switch menu and make sure that both of them are working. From what you have said, it sounds like one of them is not working or they are both working intermittently. The connections are under the playfield. Check there to make sure one or both of them has not come apart.

I am not on here all the time. There are plenty of good Pinsiders that will jump in and help you out if you get stuck.

2 months later
#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just installed the Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket from PBL. Now can slide playfield out an additional 12" when I go to work on it. It work really well when I waxed playfield today. I have only inches between backboxes so this helped a lot. While I was at it I moved out lanes post to help reduce drains. Will move back when new "Deep Code" is released.

I would not hold my breath waiting for "Deep Code" on AS. I feel the update will be similar to GOTG rules. Tidying up what is already there, and maybe an extra multiball. If the code update is "deep" that is good too. I fell that the game is already solid, we love ours and it gets played more than MET.

1 week later
#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

The two small black plastic parts which are screwed in are broken. The lip on the elevator arm isn’t able to grip them. I guess these are the ledges that you were referring to? Where do you get replacements from? Or would there be something better to replace them with I wonder?
[quoted image]

See the PCB and the connections on the back of it. You also need to make sure that all those connections are secure.

1 month later
#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Fuuuuuuk the readme is so big it needs an audiobook
Got F'n Dayumn lol

You asked for it!
Start downloading!

#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sheeyat you already know dis mang
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Please let us know what you think! We cannot try it out for a few hours..

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok im having some problems. I downloaded the file and i had to unzip it so it would fit on my USB stick. I put my USB stick in my game and turn the game on but the file wont start downloading. The game just boots up like normal and thats it, it doesnt try and update. What am i doing wrong here?

Is your USB stick 16GB?
Was your usb formatted fat32 before you started?
Did you drag all 3 unzipped files over to your usb?

If the USB stick is not exactly as it should be the CPU will not read it at all.

Good Luck!

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i believe all of those things have been done. I just reformatted it and im sending the unzipped file over to the usb stick again.

We had an issue with BM66 code update a few days ago. Because we had been using the same USB for so long it shit itself.. We bough a new USB stick and away it went!

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Does it really have to be 16G?

8GB will normally do.

2 weeks later
#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I guess I still have this problem. I updated to the new code and hoped that would fix this but it just did it again. So far it hasn’t been often but I don’t know what is causing it. Does this happen to any of your machines where the screen goes blank or the animation of the band freezes? The game still plays fine during this glitch but no band animations though you still have the other animations. It was mentioned before that if you push certain buttons during the start of a game it can cause weird issues. I guess the new update didn’t address it. Just wondering if this is much of a known issue.
[quoted image]

You could start by doing a full code update instead of the quick update. Check all your connections in the back box are seated correctly. If still no go email Stern and go from there.

Good Luck!

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Did the full update. I'll check connections again but I think their fine. I'll get with Stern and see if they know about this.

Our machine definitely does not do that. I am sure Stern will lead you in the correct direction.

1 month later
#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from rjdunn:

I like the pin I think it would be a lot better if it had Steven Tyler doing some of the call outs and when you have in adult mode it had more adult language other than that it’s a keeper for me. Hopefully they’ll do a coat update and polished this code it’s pretty solid now but it could be so much better.

FYI. There are a surprising amount of people that do not like the adult language. It does not bother me, we have this feature turned on, on all our games. When this feature is turned off, the swear words are bleeped out and the bleep sounds horrible.

4 weeks later
#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Just got the 1.07 code installed, and as with the other updates, really adds to an already rockin' game. Obviously, the big difference is the consistency between songs now. No more cranking up Rats/Walk/Saddle, draining, then the song ending as complete, stupid!
Now all the songs behave the same, including Sweet Emotion. Basically, you gotta hit all the shots to finish the mode, and each mode remembers where you're at when you start it again. Simple! Makes it fun to casually shoot through songs while jammin' out to Aerosmith. Love it!
Don't really understand the hate on this site for 'Roppy'. Guess people resent other people's games getting better and better with each new code update

We have had ASLE since the game was released. We bought the game as we had just sold a couple of games and wanted a "filler" game. Turns out ASLE is the most played game in our collection and we just love it. My wife and I both like the game better than METLE.

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

hmmm...FAT32 only supports 4G files and the zipped file is 4.3G
I think I might have found the answer in another thread. Just unzip the files to the USB. But I guess that doesn't tell me which file is needed.

Unzip the files, then drag all 3 files over to the USB. You USB should have nothing else on it apart from the 3 unzipped files. The complete code update instructions are on the inside of your backbox. Top right hand side.

Good Luck!

1 week later
#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How much was the board?

Merry Christmas PW!

+1 for price please. Looks like we need a new CPU board for our Ghostbusters.

5 months later
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Manual says a 3/8” rubber ring goes here. I don’t even have a post! Am I supposed to?!?[quoted image]

Yes. a plastic post, large one. Check the manual and it will tell you the correct one. I cannot post a photo for you right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 24.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.