IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moeman65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Anyone else getting about 75% rejects into the toy box to lock a ball? Mine goes left and out 3 out of 4 times at least.

It's not the diverter adjustment, you want to set the right hole eject power back. Go to adjustments and set it at 200. Mine was 220 and had same problem. Now only occasionally it over shoots. Going to fine tune later.

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from vex:

good info thanks!

Just fine tuned right eject down to a setting of 195 and shot about a dozen balls and didn't miss a one.

5 months later
#1267 6 years ago

I have my AS set on free play, if you match the knocker does not sound off. It is turned on. The only way it works is to turn off the free play. My ST is on free play and sounds off loudly when a match occurs. I was hoping for a code update to correct that on AS. Got tp love those knockers.

2 weeks later
#1373 6 years ago

Yes, as long as the lock light is lit the toy box lid stays up. I haven't done the update and that is the way my works. Going to wait for the complete update coming out this summer.

1 week later
#1403 5 years ago

I installed a Cliffy on the upper right eject hole and it has only ever offset a couple of times in hundreds of games. Just shook the machine a little and the ball fell in place. Probably a small file or a Dremel tool would fix the problem but I haven't done that yet.

#1406 5 years ago

Yes, but it's also referred to as the upper right eject hole.

#1407 5 years ago

Yes that is a toy box launch hole. It only hangs up so infrequently that I haven't really bothered with it. Thanks for the advice about the washers under the tabs. I was going to do that but figured it was much easier just to take off that small amount of edge.

#1409 5 years ago

No I didn't. I forgot to mention about have a pro model and there is no switch of from that square hole.

#1417 5 years ago

The best place to get that replacement piece of plastic would be from Stern.

3 weeks later
#1475 5 years ago

I've had my Aerosmith just over 6 months. Experienced my first problem just the other day when Jackie in the Box wouldn't respond to the ball going in. Went to pinside and found somebody else had the same problem, and it was the left opto wire had come off. That's exactly what happened to mine. So far we have played over 1,100 games on it before it ever gave us a problem. I really love this game.

#1477 5 years ago

I know, the toy box is the main attraction. It's a really easy fix if it comes off. All you have to do is line up the guides on the connector and gently push it back on
with a straight screwdriver. In fact I would go ahead and check it before it does come off just buy doing what I just did. Also check the opto on the right side while you are at it.

2 weeks later
#1553 5 years ago

Anyone experience the automatic ball shooter on Aerosmith falling off? After almost 1200 games mine fell off tonight causing the balls to fall down into the cabinet. It would be a good time before it falls off to check the screw on the right side of the assembly and tighten as necessary.

4 weeks later
#1601 5 years ago

Mine also misses the first time in the first game. Used to miss a lot more than that until I set the coil power back to 196. Just go into adjustments ,coil and find the right upper eject hole and adjust it accordingly. If I remember correctly the factory setting was 220 mine now is 196. You can fine-tune it from there, the higher the number the harder the ball is hit by the solenoid.

1 week later
#1641 5 years ago

I also have a Aerosmith Pro and the orange light on the left side of mine is the only light not lit in the attract mode. This is normal as far as I can tell. It works in the test mode and during game play.

1 week later
#1650 5 years ago

I had the exact same trouble with Star Trek drop Target. Most likely that little plastic ledge is cracked and broken. I ordered a new ledge and that fixed it.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

See the PCB and the connections on the back of it. You also need to make sure that all those connections are secure.

whatever position the targets are in at the end of the game is where they stay until the game Powers up with a new game.

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The 2x and 3x on Kiss are the PF multipliers?
I’d imagine the bonus X is the same as AS - most things are.
That lane change sounds broken, the way you explain it. Do you think it has a bug? Surely the lanes should all change?
(I’m away from my AS so I can’t check it ...)
rd

No the right lane is not broken, programmed to work that way. You can program the left lanes not to rotate in the game settings to make the game more difficult.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Had some weird toy box behavior today (2000+ total plays)
intermittently tracking balls in the toy box, test did produce normal switch closures/operation. Sometimes locking a ball, but then just sitting there and one time it kicked out a ball to the shooter and kicked out of the toy box and then one drained at it ended that ball.
Q-tipped with some cleaner to the 6 optos inside the toy box that detect flight into the toy box. This seems to have corrected the problem, back to working correctly.
Just a heads up.

You might want to check the connections on the left side of the toy box that run up through the playfield. Mine completely disconnected at around 1200 games.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NEW Interactive Game Guide for Aerosmith: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=902
-- Displays Shots on Shot Map for selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones
Please check it out[quoted image]

Thank you very much for this information ,this is what I've been looking for. I have a pro model but a lot of this still applies. Thanks again!

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Thank you very much for this information ,this is what I've been looking for. I have a pro model but a lot of this still applies. Thanks again!

I also have a 2013 pro model Star Trek. Is there anything like this out there for this game?

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Sure - Here is Stern Star Trek: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=884
If you go here: http://pinballzoo.com/Games you can search for any game
- I've got almost every game in the system, but only have rules/guides for around 30 games so far

Thank you very much!

2 weeks later
#1860 5 years ago

Did they add any sound effects to the slingshots? Previous code was like the out lanes with no sound at all.

#1903 5 years ago

Has anybody noticed if this new code added any sound effects to the sling shots? Old code was like the outlanes no sound.

#1994 5 years ago

I like the new code. Matched the other day and the knocker went off. On the old code it wouldn't work unless you had the game set to pay and not free play. LOVE THOSE KNOCKERS! Jackie also said something new, " Your get up and go has got up and gone." Haven't heard WTF yet on the new code.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What's your custom message?
[quoted image]

" Pinball, the most fun you can have with your clothes on."

#2009 5 years ago

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Tonight Jackie said " I have sweet emotions for Silky Jones." That is another new call out.

When I was in the service that would have been Jodi.

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Also, my update is 4782mb.... Everyone else I've seen is under 3000.
Confused.

That 2914 is just the first step. You are stuck on the second step. Total update is the two steps added together.

#2033 5 years ago

Caught mistake that the code allowed. Locked 3 balls in toy box to go for the fourth. My daughter up next hit the lock for her 3 ball multi ball took the award and ejected her ball into box and it then unloaded the balls giving her total of 4. The way to correct this would be to minimize the power of ejected ball and issue the other 2 from the shooter lane leaving my 3 in the toy box. Ok STERN there is your assignment.

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK good to know. I'll give that a shot, i only had like 5 games in on the new code and have been changing power settings every 5 games. Probably have 20 games in total. I'll stick it on default and let it sit for a week or 2.

Try setting your power setting at 196 for the upper right eject hole. That is where I set mine and only misses occasionally. However it will miss the first shot when you begin playing and this seems to be common. After that mine is very accurate.

1 week later
#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I had to disable my elevator drop down target because the rest ledge broke again for the second time with only 111 plays on it. The bigger problem for now seems to be that my game no longer has elevator multi ball. When I shoot the ball under the elevator and it goes up the VUK to the upper playfield it doesn't award any shots for the multi ball. It just shoots the ball up the VUK and thats it no counting for multi ball. Does disabling the drop target also disable elevator multi ball? I wouldn't think so.
Also are other people's drop target rest ledges breaking this often? Do you think that the spring tension is too tight or what?

There is probably an opto at the bottom of the drop target that registers the hit as the target drops and breaks the beam. This then records the hit and counts it towards multi ball. My ST ledge also broke and I had to replace it. It should be made with something better than a cheap piece of plastic.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I replaced the rest ledge again and reactivated the drop target and elevator multi ball works fine again. It appears that you have to do something different to activate the elevator lock with the drop target disabled. I was able to do it once but don't know what I did.
Anyway it seems that these drop target rest ledges are a weak link in the Prem/LE Aerosmiths. I'm not going to leave the drop target in the up position when I'm done playing for the day and I recommend to others that they also put theirs down when done. It may help to relieve some of the pressure on that thin piece of plastic. I wonder if there is anything better out there to use.

You would think Stern would do an upgrade of some sort. Ideally one made from metal would solve the problem not just on yours but all games with drop targets.

1 month later
#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I just picked up an Aerosmith Pro last night. After a couple games the toy box started acting up. When a ball is thrown into the box the lid stays open and after a few seconds the ball search fires up and the ball is released out of the box. Are there optos in the box that register when a ball is thrown into the box? If so, is it probably just an alignment issue? Thought I’d ask before I start tearing things apart. Thanks

There are optos on each side of the toy box. You have to lift playfield and check the connectors on the left and right side. They do come lose and will completely disconnected especially the left side.

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Make sure that the pin has had the two Stern service bulletins applied to it to add the capacitors and you would be less likely to have the node board issues.

Later manufacturing runs already have the capacitors installed. The other update involves the tie downs to keep vibrations from breaking the diode leads. Mine had the capacitors but had to install the tie downs.

1 month later
#2238 5 years ago

My Aerosmith Pro on first game the C I U works perfectly on all songs. Completing necessary shots set at one or two it will light. From then on at the start of every game Walk This Way and Dude Looks Like A Lady the scoop lights right away when selecting those two songs. Any thoughts? Code 1.06 is installed. I don't think it should light until necessary shots are completed. All others work that way.

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

FYI- 1.07 code is out.

I know about code 1.07 and have read over it but it doesn't address this specific problem. Was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and if the new code corrects it.

2 months later
#2367 5 years ago

just recently on my Aerosmith Pro during multi-ball it has giving me an extra ball or two as the balls drained and the light was blinking between the flippers. Most of the time if 2 drain or so it will return the correct amount. Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

just recently on my Aerosmith Pro during multi-ball it has giving me an extra ball or two as the balls drained and the light was blinking between the flippers. Most of the time if 2 drain or so it will return the correct amount. Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

Bump

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe you are getting an add a ball?

No I was watching for thst.

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Aerosmith has a couple things that could cause what seems like odd behavior. First (and this bugs me), when extra ball is lit Jacky says “shoot the scoop to add a ball”. When it isn’t an add a ball, it’s an extra ball. Second, the actual add a ball is from the mystery. And finally (and this I like), there are short ball savers for some shots. In a multi ball these can feel a bit random, but they aren’t. When draining other balls out of a multi ball, a scoop shot with the last ball may bring them and one more back to the player. The VIP pass in the right outlane can bring back two balls if it’s triggered and timed with a second drain.
So with all that, I’m thinking either the add a ball at the scoop, or the ball saver out of the elevator, or the ball saver off the ball lock hitting Jacky in the face. It might feel random, but there was a cause, and it doesn’t sound like a problem in your game. Just play another hundred games and you will probably spot what triggered it. Also, you can make it less likely by going into the settings and shutting off the short ballsavers from the elevator and other shots.

Thank you for this detailed information! I know on one occasion on a 3 ball a couple drained and I ended up with 5 ball multi ball. Thought maybe a loose connector or a problem with an optic in the trough.

8 months later
#2651 4 years ago

Anyone having s problem with getting balls stuck sideways in the elevator during multiball? This has happened to me multiple times and the only way to free them is take the glass down and free them. I have the pro model. Help !

3 months later
#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Thanks for your help. I need some time to go over and start diagnosing the problem. That helps me start looking in the right direction. I have not worked with optos yet. So I will do a little research.
May have the swap back and get my game running right again. I have been missing it lately.

Definitely check the optos in toy box! Especially the one on the left side, they tend to get loose from the balls flying into it; mine did.

1 year later
#3368 2 years ago

Where can I get the c r 232 battery as listed on page 22 under the components? It's for game clock between power cycles. Also how is it removed. I can't find it listed on any battery chart.

#3370 2 years ago

Thank you very much. Does it pull straight out or is there a release tab?

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have no idea, i just know there is such a thing as a 2320 and you said there is no such thing as a 232, so assumed it is a typo.
I'm sure you can figure out how to get the battery out of you have a look. The model of the battery will be written on it.

Thanks again. Manual doesn't even discuss how often it needs to be replaced or if power should be on as not to loose information or off. Must not be very important. Do you have any information on this ?

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have read that if you change the battery while the machines are on then it retains the info, but i am definitely not the correct person to give maintenance advice, i rarely work on my own machines.

Thanks again, I am going to email Stern and get their response since they aren't taking any calls now.

#3375 2 years ago

Just found out from Stern the battery is a BR1225. The manual is a misprint.

Quoted from punkin:

I have no idea, i just know there is such a thing as a 2320 and you said there is no such thing as a 232, so assumed it is a typo.
I'm sure you can figure out how to get the battery out of you have a look. The model of the battery will be written on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moeman65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=moeman65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.