IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1047 6 years ago

AS might be our first NIB. Played Pro, had a blast, music rocks. Now which one...Pro or Prem.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

This has been commented on a few times for the past couple of pages in this thread. Start reading from back a couple of pages.
If you are asking this question....

Nah, wasn't really asking a question, more self pondering than anything else. I did read the previous posts that you mentioned. A rather big jump on price from Pro to Prem tho. But almost w/o exception, I regret more what I didn't do and should have, than anything else (like more space in the basement!). But I'm a cheapskate at heart, darn it. Played a Pro a fair amount of times, but looking at the premium, it sure looks like there's some really interesting perks going to the Prem (as you pointed out). Maybe I'll get to play a premium at one of the shows we are going to attend and go from there. I'd probably at least play a Prem before I bought either of them.

A NIB would likely be a longer term purchase. Sort of like a new car...no one else has tinkered with it. If the pinball market takes a dive, not a concern. It's only a hobby that both my spouse and I enjoy.

Thanks for your comments on the Prem, King!

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The Dirty Donny art blades look really nice.
I also have the colored edge plastic protectors on the slings and return lanes.

Rascal,

The art blades do look excellent. Great addition.

MB.

8 months later
#2192 5 years ago

After a year of lurking and playing on-site, I joined the club today. Sweet pin!

#2194 5 years ago

OK, only one day after buying I have a question. I searched the forums, but couldn't find the answer. I'm sure it's been asked, but I haven't stumbled upon it.

The Pro 1.07 code update: It's a zipped file. I extracted it to a 16G FAT32 thumb drive. But there's 3 files. Which one do I select? The 000 file then will the updater load all the files?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#2196 5 years ago

hmmm...FAT32 only supports 4G files and the zipped file is 4.3G

I think I might have found the answer in another thread. Just unzip the files to the USB. But I guess that doesn't tell me which file is needed.

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Unzip the files, then drag all 3 files over to the USB. You USB should have nothing else on it apart from the 3 unzipped files. The complete code update instructions are on the inside of your backbox. Top right hand side.
Good Luck!

Thanks! LOL, didn't go into the code update. I'll download the file again from Stern and try in another thumb drive. It's just a cheapie USB 2 drive.

BTW, I did find a 'read me' at Stern whiched mentioned unzipping the files (root directory) to the thumb drive.

update: oops...I stuck them in a folder (duh) on the thumb drive

#2201 5 years ago

How long does it take to update with a USB 2? Seems to be sitting at 531M for quite some time now...

Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated.

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Welcome to the club

Thanks bicycle,

First newer Stern. Looking forward to taking it for a spin!

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It's a really great game. The newest update is great.

1.07 is finally installed. Thanks guys. Only problem now is the wifey is kicking my butt! I guess, I'm just delegated to just fixing the stable.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You'll need to distract her while she's playing or break wind.

Ha, she's does that to me more than the other way around. I'm not even allowed to talk to her when she's playing. Her talking to me when I'm playing? Yeah, no problem w/that.

But she has never complained w/10 pins in less than two years...so all is good! Enjoys this silly hobby as much as I.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well sorry but we cant help you if your wife is a better pinball player than you are. You are on your own there Pal lol.

OK, likely wimpy compared to you guys but I got almost 190 mil on 2nd day. I'm sure the wifey will catch up soon. Time to look into the subwoofer threads...

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The new Spike games sound pretty good for stock machines. Separate bass and treble controls in the menu too.
Not quite the same level as Spooky machines though. They kick ass.
rd

Ugh, newbie here, so velvet gloves please . I just don't see the treble and bass adjustments in the 1.07 code. And I even look thru the manual so I don't have to nag you guys (and gals). Where is this magical adjustment located?

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Look on the UTILITIES menu. Should say “volume” there, from memory - that’s where everything is...

Odd, I did find that, but it wouldn't let me adj anything except vol. I will revisit tonight.

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Odd, I did find that, but it wouldn't let me adj anything except vol. I will revisit tonight.

Found it! Thanks everyone. Thought the arrows adjusted the volume, not to scroll to other options.

#2226 5 years ago

oops..double post

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I don't think it is available. Their site is a bit confusing to navigate, and google gave me this link which ended at a 404: https://sternpinball.com/upload/games/aerosmith/pro/Aerosmith_Pro_web.pdf
I also tried the ipdb.org site and it doesn't seem to have one.

It's there. Scroll down to the bottom, look for the 'Specs & Manual' tab.

Link: https://sternpinball.com/game/aerosmith/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#2273 5 years ago

Thinking about getting the shaker for the pro version I got a few weeks ago. Probably a loaded question...but a big thumbs up? Any downside or tips for a newbie?

Already hooked up a sub-woofer along with a much better cabinet woofer - a serious improvement. Backbox speakers up next!

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I put a shaker in my Pro and I was disappointed that there isn't much Action with it. Not like when I added one to GB or Met. I'd save my money if I were you

Glad I asked. Houdini really benefited from one, was hoping the same with AS. I was pleasantly surprised at the rumble I got from the cab woofer I installed. Not bad for a cheapie $20 Parts Express woofer. Stern went pretty cheap on the stock speakers!

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a shaker on my AS premium and it shakes at all of the times that I would think it to be appropriate - when the toy box shakes, elevator multiball intro, VIP ball save launch, a few other times I can't think of currently. I like what it adds to the game.

Shaker: So we have one 'yah', and one 'nah'. We need a tie breaker!

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's not the best integrated game, but it's cheap enough. Shake it up. If you decide it doesn't shake enough for your liking, move the shaker to another game or sell it.

Good point, completely forgot about that simple aspect (put into diff game). Duh!

#2292 5 years ago

Time to upgrade the 4" speakers in the backbox. Decided to keep the short speaker screws in place and at the same time make an offset plate with the 3D printer since the tweeter sticks out a bit. Still tweaking everything, so haven't installed yet.
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg20190113_150957 (resized).jpg20190113_151009 (resized).jpg20190113_151009 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If you end up offering those spacers for sale I'd be interested! ...

For sale? Nah.

Free? Heck yeah! The STL file anyway. Who doesn't like free? Maybe I can do a more generic version so it's not so 'Pyle specific'.

If you don't have a 3D printer, maybe you can go to a local 'hacker' space and make one.

Good to know about your results in TWD. The AS Pro speakers are pretty wimpy.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

....it would make it so the speaker can be positioned in the traditional squared up orientation.
Unless you need the speaker mounting holes close to the speaker plate mounting holes (for strength or some other reason)
Doug... (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks Doug. Yep. you guessed it - strength was the first and foremost reason. Plus there a piece of foam covering in front of the tweeter so you don't see it anyway.

Wasn't sure if the PLA+ material would sag over time so I just rotated the speaker holes slightly to help minimize that tendency.

Also...looking for more reasons to justify buying a 3D printer! I'll check out the speaker plates of yours, $17.50 seems like a very reasonable price. Of course, cheap 3D plastic material can't compare to real metal, and when I do something, I want to do it the right way. Once and done (forever)!

4 weeks later
#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I got a shaker in my pro and feel it is used appropriately. +1 for shaker.

Shaker showed up today. Already installed. Ready to give it a spin (literally and figuratively). What's everybody got theirs set to on Pro 1.07 code?

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I guess that's two pairs. I know it don't sound right. But I'm trying to get to Medley.

Max, Full , Cranked Up. All it's got.

Yeah, didn't take long to figure that out, especially w/the sub blasting.

1 week later
#2369 5 years ago

Hey AS owners:

I have a AS Pro and really enjoy the music when you light it up. With a sub and better speakers in the backbox, it's a serious adrenaline rush when you manage to to hit the right targets.

So my question is...is a AC/DC Prem a good compliment to Aerosmith? AC/DC is a great band, but is it implemented as well as AS?

Prefer to hear from owners of both, but not necessary.

If not, what would be a high energy pin to compliment AS?

Thanks!

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AC DC Premium is a great pinball machine, one of the best games ever probably. Iron Maiden is another great Pinball machine and Metallica too!

Thanks Who-Dey,

Those are all on my short list, but not necessarily the wifey's short list. Just curious if a slightly older pin like AC/DC can hold it's own with the newer pins like you mentioned. I admit, I'm biased towards AC/DC since I know the music, but if it's not on the same level as AS, I'd likely pass.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MB, AC/DC is better than Aerosmith in my opinion but you need to get the Premium model. The game is loaded with features and if you like AC DC you will go nuts over it. Its amazing seriously.

Yep, it would be a Prem!

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Totally different machines! I have a Luci and AS Pro. Equal play in a collection of 10.

That's what we say about our Houdini sitting next to AS. Talk about polar opposites.

3 weeks later
#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have the AS Pro and an AC/DC Prem VE. I think AC/DC is the better machine but I really like them both and I grew up liking the bands. AC/DC is somewhat annoying in that when the ball drains, the song restarts on the next ball. I would have swapped out a few songs on both games as they left out some good tunes, especially on AS. But Stern won’t let me approve the play lists! Lol. I am not a fan of the Spike node boards. Both of them on my AS failed out of the box. AC/DC gets the most play because we have one in league and playing at home helps me hone my strategies.

AC/DC is showing up this weekend, weather permitting. Should go well w/AS!

9 months later
#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Merry Christmas. Was wonder if you guys could help me out, and give your opinion.
I was out of the club for a while but just picked up another Aerosmith Pro via trade. Happy to be back!
Anyway when I got my pro home, the node 8b leds for the modes seem to be dim to me. I remember them being brighter on my original Aerosmith Pro.
Below I attached a link to a video. If you guys could check it out, and let me know what you think I would appreciate it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u18kUUUvz4hgoANk6
Thanks.

Mine's first (glass on), yours is 2nd:

Looks about the same to me. I think you're good.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2712 4 years ago

I should add, I never light them all up anyways...so moot point! LOL

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I always short plunge to make sure the ball doesnt go into the pops

I always try that if lock is lit. Hidden skill shot is hard with stock plunger spring!

3 years later
#3947 11 months ago

We have a minty Mando Pro up for sale, but wouldn't mind getting a AS Pro is someone wants to do a local trade. Owned a clean Pro a few years ago, got rid of it in a deal w/a BM66. But out of all the pins we got rid of, AS was one we always toyed around w/getting it back.

Anyone interested?

1 week later
#3951 11 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Not that I would trade away my wifes baby,
(She has seen the Vegas show twice)
But you have no location.
Could hurt a trade.

Yikes, I had my privacy set wrong. Thanks for the FYI!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.