IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 6 years ago

With all of the positive AS talk I broke down and got an LE from my distributor. He owed me a pin since he recently purchased a game from me. Rather then take cash I told him I would just order a game at some point this year. Not really that excited for SW and it sounds like it is delayed so I went ahead and jumped on an ASLE.

Is there a premium/LE rules sheet yet? I looked around a little but didn't see one, might have missed it though.

Does everyone's code downloads take forever now? Tried to update last night but the download was forever long so I just went to bed and will try to finish it tonight.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

For the code download, are you stating it was simply slow downloading it from their server or it was slow when you were actually performing the firmware update? If you need a different source to download from just let me know and you can grab it from my FTP.

The download from sterns website was super slow. I haven't tried updating the game with it yet.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious how you owners feel about the game so far, especially if it were in a smaller collection with Metallica? How deep will rules go, and lasting power in a smaller collection? Really like what I see so far.

It's a different style game then Met but still have that typical Borg feel to it. You have a pretty diverse collection already so there's no reason you can't have 2 Borg's in a 5-6 game collection when you already have some stop and go games and some flow with AC/DC. Right now the rules on AS are already well developed, there's lots of code and lots of ways to play the game. While Met has deeper code it also has a much easier layout. You can flail away on it and start most of the multiballs and light crank it up pretty easily. Other then the toy box flailing away on AS is going to result in nothing but drains and completing pretty much nothing. It's a hard layout in my opinion. So far I'm enjoying it though.

#177 6 years ago

So I downloaded 1.03 code again last night. Used an brand new 32g flash drive and still couldn't get the upload to start. When I put the flash drive in and boot the game it just goes into the normal attract mode. I did notice that the download had 2 files. One huge one and one much smaller one. Do I need to delete the smaller file? I've never had any issues updating code on stern games before, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

I kept only the larger file when I updated. It should be the only file on the thumb drive.

Thanks, I'll delete the smaller one and try it again when I get home from work.

#184 6 years ago

Alright, so I got my ASLE updated to 1.03 this weekend. The update went through with both files on the flash drive. It took a couple of tries though as once it did nothing, the next time it hung at 518, the next time it went through fine.

I had only played a couple of games on it before the update. My initial impressions are very positive about this game. I played it some at TPF and though it had potential but wasn't blown away by it. After playing it this weekend this game is going to be a big win for stern. There are a few rules that hopefully will be smoothed out just a touch but overall if feels like complete code right out of the gate. It's a hard game with only 2 easy shots to the trunk and the center ramp. All of the others are pretty tough to hit. The scoop location and function is a huge upgrade over KISS. It seldom has a reject and works pretty much perfectly. The light show on the 2 main multiball starts is incredible. Pretty much as good as you will see as far as light shows go. The animations are OK, not great, but the do look nice and are fairly funny. As far as adjustments out of the box go, I do get a few rejects on the right ramp if I hit it perfect. I'm going to adjust the plastics up there a little and try to fix that.

Overall I'm really surprised by this game. I'm not an Aerosmith fan, I don't hate them but I don't really like them either. I also am pretty quick to know what I like and don't like in a game and have no problem saying something I bought sucks. If the code gets a little more work (and it only needs a little) I think this can be sterns best game since MET. I'm really shocked that I'm saying that.

#185 6 years ago

What is everyone's best scoring strategies so far on this game?

I like to start with trying to get super bumpers lit since all of the auto ejects feed the pops. All of my best scores have started that way. From there I usually try to combo my first multiball with walk this way to get super ramps going. After that I'm not really sure the best approach.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

From the beginning:
- Start Walk This Way. Finish it for Super Ramps
- Shoot scoop. Select Last Child. Finish it for Super orbits
- Lock 4-5 balls
- Shoot scoop - Select Sweet Emotion
- Start Multi-Ball
- Shoot ramps and orbits to collect all super shots
- Never let auto-plunge engage, always short plunge to avoid SDTM or straight down the right outlane coming out of the pops.

Interesting that we are almost doing the exact opposite approach lol. What type of scores are you seeing on a good game? The pops can be a little deadly but since all of the multiball and ball saves feed them I always go for lighting super bumpers first. Maybe that's a completely backwards approach though. I haven't played mine with anyone else yet to see how some of the scoring stacks.

#193 6 years ago

My better games are in the 150-200m range on 3 ball with a pitch of 7.5 on default settings. I have not made it to the first wizard mode yet as I many concentrate on completing the modes. On good games I usually on have 1-2 modes left though so I hopefully will see it soon. The final wizard mode is going to be a real challenge to get to. Doesn't seem impossible though.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well you are a good player. Must be from them dem tough Bally's you play all the time!

FG will either make you better, I just make you quit pinball lol. Last night it made me feel like quiting

1 year later
#2221 5 years ago

Started playing my LE again after updating it recently. Was planning on selling it a few months ago but ended up selling something else instead. Really glad I decided to hang onto this one as it's just a super solid game. There's nothing just mind blowing about it but it really doesn't do anything bad or have any big flaws. The latest update really helped to balance the modes and medley is now a blast and not just a never ending grind. Getting to it is a real reward now for having a good game. The multiballs are also a lot more balanced and fairly completable if you have a great ball. Last night I was only love in the elevator multiball completion from lighting the final wizard mode. The scoring now also really rewards you for trying to complete the modes and multiballs, there is a great building affect for the scoring that requires you to go through them for huge scores.

#2227 5 years ago

So whats a good score on the new code? I'm getting to Medley with more frequency, probably every 5 games or so. Good games for me are in the 500mil range. Haven't been able to break a billion yet though. Had a few games right at 900mil but can't quite seem to get over the hump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.