IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandfireball1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2049 5 years ago

Premium and LE owners:
What do you think still needs to be added to the upper playfield code wise? I feel like there is so much potential with the diviter on the ramp loop around, elevator drop shot, and RGB leds for all the insert lights.

2 months later
#2148 5 years ago

The most recent code update definitely seems to have some score unbalancing...

This game included a 250 million Melody, a 1.6 billion Final Tour, and a 700 million Elevator super.

This game is still a ton of fun, but I would still like to see some more use of the upper playfield and add side modes or multiballs, since everything else about the game is awesome.

It didn’t happen in this game, but has anybody had Melody Multiball glitch where it awards the same song bonus multiple times and only lets you play one of the songs you have left to complete before prematurely ending? Not sure what I did but it happened 2x in a row. Hoping for another update down the line to bring it to A+ status.

49EC1BD3-93D8-4BE5-9106-0A75FA7BF513 (resized).jpeg49EC1BD3-93D8-4BE5-9106-0A75FA7BF513 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2242 5 years ago

Regarding the callouts... I was messing with Pinball Browser the other day to switch out some songs with ones I liked better. I found a large amount of unused callouts that are in the code, but they are never used in the game. There had to be at least 50 and they were all super funny and some were better versions of exsisting callouts. You could change some of the ones on there with the unused ones, but I wish Stern could release another update with more of them added.

1 year later
#2851 4 years ago

Woohoo!

2 Elevator supers over a billion
470 million Melody
1.7 billion final tour

Only one extra ball and game set up relatively steep.

DA7E95D9-EA35-4C66-BEEF-619CF66313A7 (resized).jpegDA7E95D9-EA35-4C66-BEEF-619CF66313A7 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2873 3 years ago

Man this game is in need for a big software update. Here’s why:

- They nerfed all the modes by ending the mode when you make all the shots required to complete, regardless of how much time was left. In earlier code, it was way more fun because you could get huge scores in every mode. I remember having 200 mil+ Walk This Way, Rats in the Cellar, which was great. Now, the best mode is Sweet Emotion and it gives you a frenzy which is worth a ton. If a player stacks that mode with Toybox, there is no way for another player to catch up unless they do the same thing, grind out a bunch of modes, or pray they get a huge Elevator mb.

- Some of the modes are so worthless. Take back in the saddle. Probably the hardest to complete as only one shot is lit and it’s worth near to nothing. The crank it up is 25k / pop? What a waste.

-Lame spinner and pop rules. Wow I hit 30 pops and it increases my value by 1k. Now they are 11k instead of 10k - so exciting! Same thing with the spinner. Who cares.

-Wtf are with the coins. Yes, I get that hitting mode shots gives you coins, and the more coins you get, the higher the super mode is worth. But the whole coin feature could be absent, and the rules would still make sense: make more shots = higher super feature. I wish they were part of your bonus, or there were awards at certain thresholds of coins.

-Hidden Jackies. I get the idea, but this feature doesn’t really matter as its pretty luck based and forgettable.

-Awful combo rules. This is just hilarious. There is no recognition and no points for making combos (besides combos in mode shots, I know) but outside of a mode, if you hit a few sweet shots in a row, all the game does is increase a hidden counter of combos for that game. Like cmon. Even KISS has the unique city combos now. That’s pretty neat.

-Really wish there was something else to go for besides modes. KISS has the grid among other things which is fun, but Aerosmith has nothing. Not even a bonus for completing some of the modes, like GOTG.

-Final Tour is worth WAY too much. Speaks for itself.

-Upper playfield on Premium/LE. One of the worst - but can be fixed in code. There is a control gate in the back that always opens. This could be removed and the game would play the exact same. There is an unused switch under the elevator drop. The lights up there are all RGB, yet the only color they turn is light green. The only thing to do is start 2x scoring, and it gets progressively harder. Why not have some fun mini modes up there? Totally possible.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to love the game. The layout is solid, art is excellent, sounds good, and is a great theme. It’s just the code... I don’t have hope for another update, but if they do, I actually hope they put some effort in.

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow, that's alot of crying for such a good game.

I guess I just like when people put more effort into their work.

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not every game needs to be Valanor deep ...
Current rules suit AS I reckon.
Just a fun game, a good shooter, and challenging to complete.
I would agree about Back in the Saddle ... the one shot needs to be worth more or morph into two shots, maybe, when it’s hit.
And the wizards are super over-pointed.
But otherwise I like it.
rd

Right. I’m not saying it needs to be super deep, I just think some polish would go a long way. Just seems like they really rushed some stuff. I totally get why it makes no sense for them to update it, but I also believe if they don’t get critical feedback about games sometimes, then they have no reason to do more work anyway and future games will have similar issues.

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Do you guys really think the older code is better for AS? If so why? Also would someone be willing to post the old code here to download?
Thanks

The most recent code added some polish like missing call outs and light shows and made the Medley wizard mode more fun and easier to beat. It’s basically like SOS on Tron now.

However, the old code was fun cause you could play out the mode after you complete it, meaning really high scoring opportunity in all modes. Now though, the mode ends when the last shot is made which sucks. Meaning the only great mode is sweet emotion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandfireball1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=grandfireball1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.