Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (1 year ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (1 year ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (1 year ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by vireland (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just joined the club on the premium and very happy with it. Since I'm late to the game what's the must have mods? I have the stern topper on order and will get the flipper fidelity speaker kit for it.

If you are interested in a speaker light kit for Aerosmith....now might be a good time to decide.

If you are getting Flipper Fidelity speakers directly from their website they have a pull down option for choose if you do or do not plan on using a speaker light kit. What this determines is if they send the speakers with spacer rings on the front of the speakers (if you DO NOT have a speaker light kit) or if they send the speakers without the spacer rings on the front of them (if you DO have a speaker light kit). Having this option can make the speaker light kit install easier and more straight forward. Though the upgraded speakers will still add some steps to installing the speaker light kits.

More info on using aftermarket speakers with the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits can be found here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

IMG_3205 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1315 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Check out the flipper fidelity options for the speakers that have the same mounting pattern. You can order them with a lower profile if you eventually want to get a speaker light kit. That's the route I'm going on the next credit card billing cycle.

When ordering SPIKE & SPIKE 2 speakers directly from Flipper Fidelity you are given the option to choose "I do not have SpeakerLights" or "Yes, I have SpeakerLights". What that determines is if the speakers come with spacer rings attached to the front of them or not. These spacer rings are there to allow space at the front of the speaker so the protruding tweeters do not come in contact with the mounting surface when the speakers are mounted.

So if you choose "I do not have SpeakerLights" you will get the speakers with the spacers attached to the front of them. If you choose "Yes, I have SpeakerLights" you will get the speakers that do not have the spacer rings. The catch is....if you say "Yes, I do have SpeakerLights" you really do need to have the speaker lights....not later, but when you install the speakers. If you say you have the speaker lights, but you do not....you won't be able to properly mount the ringless speakers at all.

If you are talking about SPIKE 2 games and upgraded speakers (that have protruding tweeters) and Speaker Light Kits...you will also have to remove the metal bars from the holes in the factory speaker plates (which can be cut out with a dremel or powered through with some side cutters).....or you can buy a set of my "SPIKE 2 replacement speaker plates for Speaker Light Kits". This is a set of replacement speaker plates that have the bars removed from the speaker holes, It also makes it so the speaker holes can be centered in the honeycomb area. As well as providing 4 mounting points for each speaker instead of the factory 2. It comes in the same flat textured black material as the original factory plates and they should be posted on my website for sale in the next few weeks. These replacement speaker plates can only be used in conjunction with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

More info on using upgraded speakers with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits can be found on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Front.jpg
Back.jpg

9 months later
#2296 70 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

FYI - Doug at speakerlightkits.com has a metal replacement speaker panel that he sells that allows for the tweeter to stick through the panel (no grid in the speaker hole) that also centers the speaker in the grill to make it look better if you add a speaker light kit. I have them installed and they work great. Email him at support@speakerlightkits.com to get them. I don't know if he has those up on his site yet, but it solved the problem for me (for another option). I used the Flipper Fidelity Speakers with Doug's light kit.

The Replacement Speaker Plates that I have for SPIKE 2 games can only be used with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

As stated, they do have the bars removed from the speaker holes so speakers with extended tweeters can be directly mounted to them. I also added 2 extra mounting studs (instead of the factory 2), giving the speaker a more traditional squared up mounting position instead of the factories diamond orientation of mounting. The speaker hole is also offset on the plates so the speaker holes are centered in the honeycomb grill areas instead of toward the outer edge of the grill areas.

I do not have these listed on my website, but I do have them available for $17.50 a set. E-mail me at support@speakerlightkits.com if you are interested in them.

Back (resized).jpgFront (resized).jpgHole Centered (resized).jpg
#2297 70 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Time to upgrade the 4" speakers in the backbox. Decided to keep the short speaker screws in place and at the same time make an offset plate with the 3D printer since the tweeter sticks out a bit. Still tweaking everything, so haven't installed yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would suggest that you move the position of the 4 raised mounting points that the speaker is using. As it is, the factory speaker plate has the speakers mounted in a diamond position, with only a mounting stud at the top and bottom of the speaker hole. As your 3d printed spacer is now....the speaker is going to be mounted off kilter. It is not going to be mounted straight (in a squared off position) and it is not going to be mounted in a straight diamond orientation. It is going to be....."off", mounted somewhere just a bit away from a diamond position.

If you moved (rotated on the round spacer) the 4 raised mounting positions (that the speaker will be using) to be halfway between the mounting holes that are meant for the speaker plates.....it would make it so the speaker can be positioned in the traditional squared up orientation.

Unless you need the speaker mounting holes close to the speaker plate mounting holes (for strength or some other reason), I would think having the speaker aligned in a straight position when mounted would be the way to go. I think this would help visually anyway...if a person chose to not use the speaker foam.

Just my 2 cents,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niceville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
7,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside