17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

Add me to the club. I received my 1 of 1 PROmium(see story below for details on this special version) on Friday. The game was ordered as a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend, whose birthday was Friday. Due to a hectic weekend, never got around to playing the game until around 8pm Saturday night. I invited my entire neighborhood (400 homes), plus all of Pinside to come over for the Aerosmith Launch Party at my house. I had 4 Pinsiders show up and 22 neighbors/friends. Last person left at 3:30am and we put 103 games on Aerosmith.

Now it's time to share a quick story with everyone regarding my first experience with buying a NIB pinball machine which took a strange course upon delivery. I ordered and paid for an Aerosmith Pro, however I received a Premium instead(hence the PROmium)!!! Gotta call the distributor tomorrow to see how this will all play out. I did have 2 issues with the game from the get go, both involving the catapult lock. First issue was the switch wasn't activating when locking a ball and the game would enter into a ball search. After lifting the playfield we quickly realized the switch was just hanging by its wires. No screws were installed in the switch to keep it in place. After a quick Macgyver fix using purple zip ties to match the color theme, the switch was now ready. After putting the game back together and hitting the lock shot, the catapult coil wasn't firing. Up with the playfield once again, a small wiggle of the wires and the catapult started firing. We then played 101 games during the rest of the night with zero issues. Game shipped with 1.02 code and didn't have time to update it so I'm attempting that now. First attempt failed as the file downloaded was corrupted, however I re-downloaded it and it extracted fine. About to start the update.

-Chad

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I sure hope they let you keep the premium. Since they would have to pay to have it reboxed, shipped back and then ship you another one they might just let it go. Good luck!

I sent him a text this morning at 10am, he replied back instantly and said looks like the warehouse guys are big trouble, then asked me what I wanted to do. I replied, no clue and said you tell me how you want to handle it. I have not heard back from him. Hell, he didn't even say thanks for letting me know or anything, heh.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They'll let him keep it for sure, in classic stern fashion too.....with an invoice saying he owes an additional $9500 for having the first and only PROmium SLE Aerosmith
I kid of course, but wouldn't be surprised.

I would just ask your distributor to let you keep it for no additional cost. It's sterns mistake; not his, not yours.

I think the mistake is on the distributor, not Stern. His warehouse guys pulled the wrong box for the Pro invoice.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Ouch, that's going to be a serious hit for the dealer's pocketbook. It's not like it can be returned and re-sold after half the neighborhood played it all weekend. Must have been quite the moral dilemma when it arrived.

My first thoughts were the box was simply wrong because the invoice and the paperwork was all correct. However, after opening the box and seeing a purple game I knew at that moment it was in fact a premium and made the decision to contact the distributor first thing Monday morning.

#80 6 years ago

I'm one of the lucky ones. She loves pinball. Plays tournaments. And has seen Aerosmith 4 times and it's one of her favorite bands. It's definitely hers!

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Mark. They seem very rudimentary compared to ACDC and seem to come much later in the game (unless I am doing something wrong) and I even believe from reports that they have been removed from 1.03. , I'm still on 1.02.

Initially Stern stated earlier this week the missiles were removed, however they corrected their stance yesterday and said they are still in the game via the mystery awards.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Anyone have a link to custom scorecards for the LE?

Is there a difference for the LE?

Attached are the only 2 custom rule cards I have seen so far:

Aerosmith Custom Rule Card.pdfAerosmith Custom Rule Card.pdf

2 weeks later
#163 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

With all of the positive AS talk I broke down and got an LE from my distributor. He owed me a pin since he recently purchased a game from me. Rather then take cash I told him I would just order a game at some point this year. Not really that excited for SW and it sounds like it is delayed so I went ahead and jumped on an ASLE.
Is there a premium/LE rules sheet yet? I looked around a little but didn't see one, might have missed it though.
Does everyone's code downloads take forever now? Tried to update last night but the download was forever long so I just went to bed and will try to finish it tonight.

For the code download, are you stating it was simply slow downloading it from their server or it was slow when you were actually performing the firmware update? If you need a different source to download from just let me know and you can grab it from my FTP.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The download from sterns website was super slow. I haven't tried updating the game with it yet.

So did it finish downloading ok? I had trouble with my initial download. Ended up having to use a 3rd computer to successfully download the file. Either way, if you need the file just let me know. Good luck with the update. As for the update, the first time I tried it, it didn't work. Restarted the machine and the second time it went through.

#167 6 years ago

Yea, it was 4GB.

#180 6 years ago

It should be 2 files.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file
Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
Open folder, copy only the two files to the root level of a USB stick. Do not copy the folder.
Power game off
Insert USB stick
Turn on game
After game boots up it will give the option for software update
Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the option and starts the update.
Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

My Bad, i'm at work and could have sworn I just copied one file. But I did follow the Stern directions posted when I did it. It failed the first two times I tried, third time it took.

Failed for me the first time as well. Second time went right through.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What is everyone's best scoring strategies so far on this game?
I like to start with trying to get super bumpers lit since all of the auto ejects feed the pops. All of my best scores have started that way. From there I usually try to combo my first multiball with walk this way to get super ramps going. After that I'm not really sure the best approach.

From the beginning:

- Start Walk This Way. Finish it for Super Ramps
- Shoot scoop. Select Last Child. Finish it for Super orbits
- Lock 4-5 balls
- Shoot scoop - Select Sweet Emotion
- Start Multi-Ball
- Shoot ramps and orbits to collect all super shots
- Never let auto-plunge engage, always short plunge to avoid SDTM or straight down the right outlane coming out of the pops.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Interesting that we are almost doing the exact opposite approach lol. What type of scores are you seeing on a good game? The pops can be a little deadly but since all of the multiball and ball saves feed them I always go for lighting super bumpers first. Maybe that's a completely backwards approach though. I haven't played mine with anyone else yet to see how some of the scoring stacks.

Average games are 40-50 million. Of course there are games around 4-5 million where you failed to start MB, and then on the other end you can top 100 million if you hit some good shots during your MB. Another tip, as soon as MB starts I always use the time allotted for auto-save feature to shoot the scoop to get the add a ball. Also during MB, make sure you lock a ball or 2 in the trunk for increased scoring.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from SamIam:

How many balls are we playing for these scores? I have mine set for 5 balls. All my top scores scores over 212million, had one hot game almost 300M like 293,xxx,xxx. Got the medley tour multiball once (starting all song modes) Does anyone know how to complete toys or elevator modes? I've never been able to do that, so I doubt I'll ever get to the final tour.

3 balls. I also adjusted my default timers on several settings.

- ball save changed to 1 second
- ball save on Toybox MB changed to 5
- ball save on Elevator MB changed to 5

The default settings are too long IMHO.

2 weeks later
#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

What's everyone's scoring strategy? I tend to start with back in the saddle, followed by Dude looks like a lady to set up passive scoring at the pops and the lanes, and bring in walk this way once I have shot doublers lit, and then switch to sweet emotion for toy box once I have 5 locked and the sixth lit. I'm averaging around 200m a game with the occasional 300 and 400m.
Anyone have a more successful progression path?

From the beginning:
- Start Walk This Way. Finish it for Super Ramps
- Shoot scoop. Select Last Child. Finish it for Super orbits
- Lock 4-5 balls
- Start Elevator MB to get rewarded with a 4 or 5 ball Elevator MB instead of the usual 3
- Shoot scoop - Select Sweet Emotion
- Start Toybox Multi-Ball
- Shoot ramps and orbits to collect all super shots
- Never let auto-plunge engage, always short plunge to avoid SDTM or straight down the right outlane when the ball gets shot out of the pops.

1 week later
1 month later
#342 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Loving the game so far, but need some code to include the lockbar "Smart button". I can't recall using it for anything other than launching a ball.

It's also used for the mystery award smart missiles.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'd like to see some award for a skill shot. It's unlikely we'd see a video mode, but I could picture some guitar hero esque play riffs in time with the buttons.

Not sure if this was coincidence or not, but yesterday I was playing a Pro on location and dropped 3 consecutive skill shots all for lock. When the 3rd skill shot landed it lit the extra ball.

1 week later
#382 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I wish this thread was active as the ghosting thread.
I'm stuck in Philadelphia until next Friday, missing my games and my kitty cats.

How stuck? Are you looking for something to do? Block party on my street tonight starting at 6pm until 1am???

Tomorrow morning/afternoon up until 3pm feel free to come down and play some pinball.

And next week, any night except Monday I'm free to play some pinball.

1 week later
#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have specifically listened for that quote every time and have never heard anything. And this is in a quiet home setting.
Will have to lean in and check that out.
Still do not believe it is in there. Lol

It's definitely there.

3 weeks later
#528 6 years ago

https://www.adorama.com/pkaam1055c.html?sdtid=10541876&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

$69.99

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer, 35Hz-200Hz, 50W Continuous Power, Single
MFR: PSW 10-B

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Gotta be careful here too. I find that too short and the ball will dribble onto right sling and straight into left outlane.

Maybe incline has something to do with this. I own a premium and my short plunge drops straight down to the right flipper 95% of the time. On the contrary, I play a Pro on location and it always hits the top of the sling or the sling itself which is dangerous.

2 months later
#633 6 years ago

In case you missed it, Pinball Side Mirrors is having a sweet deal on mirror blades for Black Friday. $59. These look great on Aerosmith.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

3 weeks later
#720 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How are Aerosmith’s holding up physically? Does the game suffer from any of the known Stern issues or have any QC or other issues specific to the game?

I've owned a premium since 4/21, zero issues and the game gets a ton of play.

#723 6 years ago

Just checked my audits. 1822 plays since 4/21. Home use only.

1 week later
#764 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anyone have these issues on the pro?
1. 2 or more balls getting stuck in the elevator during MB
2. Ball gets tossed into the toy box and then the machine can't find another ball. After about 6 ball search sequences it dumps the toy box.

2 has been reported numerous times. I don't recall the fix but search this thread or the other AS thread.

3 weeks later
#838 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I've seen a smart missle maybe 3 times now. What are you supposed to do when you get one and how does it impact the game or scoring?

Use it at your consent to award jackpots or specific flashing shots during certain modes. Scoring varies depending on when you use the missiles.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The last time I saw it I hit the action button and didn’t really notice anything happen.

When you hit it, what mode was running at that time? Let's assume you didn't have a MB going, and instead Dude Looks Like a Lady with 2 flashing arrows. Pressing the Smart missile will award you either 1 or both of those flashing arrows.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I didn't get anything in the Good bag for My Aerosmith. Still irked by that.
What irritates me the MOST is Where TF is the Code updates for this game.
While the game plays okay. It is very apparent that it is indeed one glitchy game.
I've got screenshots of some of the strange things that happen playing this game.
STERN WHERE IS THE CODE????

AS code comes out in February.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Picking up an Aerosmith LE this weekend, what are the Must have changes or mods. Also i hear taking the post over by the pop bumpers is great? Any sugestions?

I left my post in place. A sub is a must have. Other than that I have mirror blades on order.

#859 6 years ago

Oh yea, Cliffys!

2 weeks later
#876 6 years ago

To people just grabbing an AS, I would pass on the Shaker. Mirror blades look great and a Polk sub will provide more shake than a shaker motor

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Ok I’ve had this game since last summer and I still haven’t hit whatever the wizard mode is when you start all the modes. I get close but can never quite make it. I’m not great but I ain’t terrible either. Any tips?

Two main tips.

1. Simply time out the modes. If you are on a Pro machine, shoot center ramp and then trap up until the timer stops. Shoot center ramp again, trap up. If on a Premium or LE, get to the upper play field and trap up. When timer hits, perform a soft flip at the drop targets and the ball will safely return to the flipper. Rinse and repeat until mode is complete.

2. Start sweet emotion during MB. This will give you more balls to complete the mode.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Hi can anyone tell me what it means when the smart button flashes white. I was on the last ball, started a 6 ball multi ball and during it the smart button flashed white. I pressed it three times before it stop flashing but I don't know what it did. Too busy to look at LCD. I did complete toys in the attic mode while in the multi ball.

Smart missiles. You get 3. Each time you pressed the button it awarded you one of the flashing arrow jackpots.

1 week later
#961 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There is a feature adjustment to make the ball lock virtual. If you set that, you can play he game without any isues while you wait for a fix.

I looked for this and couldn't find it. Does anyone know what the exact setting is called? Please don't tell me its the one called "turn off toybox motor".

Also, is there an option somewhere in the settings that allows you to award points for extra balls? It's another setting I can't find.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can someone tell me the setting for stopping needless ball shots to Jackys face? It’s a funny feature but I rather persevere his handsomeness.

I don’t believe there is a setting?

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the titans died so quick because they were 2”. That’s the size the manual calls for but definitely too tight. This latest one is just a 2.5” Pinball life white rubber.

I have owned my NIB machine since April 2017. Has about 2700 plays on it and I just replaced my rubbers. Had the same issue as you, orders 2” per the manual but the Super Bands were so tight they were registering slingshot kicks at random. Had to put 2.5” on.

#998 6 years ago

Unable to figure out how to setup the game to award points for extra balls. I’ve tried all kinds of settings, including installing competition mode. I can disable EB’s, but I’m trying to find the setting that awards points for any EB achieved.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

3rd or 4th adjustment in “SPL” adjustments is “max extra balls” or similar.
Factory setting is probably 5 or something. Set that to 0 and it will award you points instead of an EB. Can’t recall what the points are on AS but they can be quite lucrative on Stern pins. Sometimes the points are not displayed on the screen (it still says EXTRAAAA BALLLL) - but they are added.
rd

I’ll give it a try. Pretty sure I already tried that but I’ll confirm. Thanks.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the pro? No way I can do it on my PreLe.

I own a Premium and it can be done. Not 100%, and probably not 90%, maybe closer to 75% of the time. Once you have the ball trapped, its a quick release and flip with a nudge forward on the game. It's very satisfying when accomplishing this.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Maybe my game is setup wrong. I can’t backhand the right ramp. Maybe I haven’t tried hard enough.

In the words of "No Fear Pinball", try harder It can be done.

Quoted from merccat:

Me either, trying to recall but I think if I can get it in the ramp the backhand doesn’t have enough umph to get all the way around.
Still using the stock rubbers and angle is a hair on the steeper side.

My game has stock rubbers as well and is probably stepper than yours as I like my games fast. It is a very challenging shot. It's also a risky shot because if you miss, it's probably draining SDTM or left outlane.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I tried and cannot in anyway backhand the right ramp on my Pro. The ball doesnt have near enough power to make it up the ramp.

When you hit the shot, try giving the machine a nudge forward to help the ball make it up the ramp.

#1023 6 years ago

We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS. We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

1 week later
#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does anyone else notice that both side drains have no sound effect?

Yep. Waiting for summer code release to fix it.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

‘Yep. Waiting for summer code release to fix it.’
What happend to the March release? somebody claimed we were getting a drop this month

Got delayed. Other priorities. Lack of staffing.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Completely forgot about a shaker.
Any issues with hooking a Red Tremor on this?
Is a shaker appropriately coded on this title?

Very little interaction with the shaker. Spend the money on mirror blades or something.

1 week later
#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

uggh wonder what adjustment i need to do.

But the worse is plunge and firing out of pops to right out lane before you can blink.

Always short plunge.

#1234 5 years ago

Everyone needs to realize this wasn't a true code update. For the past 3 months Stern has publicly announced that a "code" update would be happening this summer. The update that they just released was a bug fix update, nothing more. Sit tight people, the code will happen and once it does happen then can we all chime in with how good the update was or wasn't.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Was hoping for a real update soon so maybe I could pick up an Aerosmith at the Allentown show. Looks like I'm waiting for the REAL code release now.

Yeah, it definitely won't be out before the Allentown show.

1 week later
#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just went to Stern's to check on update. Not one for AS yet, but Batman got another one, second one in a week. We don't need a update on the 13th. We'll wait till Monday.

Full AS code will be mid-summer. Don’t expect anything sooner.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My clear coat has eroded away down to the bare wood in a very small section of the lock. Should I put anything down on it before I cover it with a piece of mylar?

Get the Cliffy protector set.

1 week later
#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How long should the code update take? Been sitting on the updating screen for 30 mins with 0 activity.
powered off/on again. starting loading now it's stuck at 728,883/793,397. lol
EDIT wow this is annoying as it keeps locking up at different intervals each time. Can't get through the entire update after 5 tries.

I would try a different USB stick.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

About to join the club (check sent). I was curious how much people would recommend a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I'm definitely ordering the LED kit for the translite from them and figured I would just get both at the same time. It's my first music pin. I've only ever played this on location so never really got to hear the sound by itself with factory speakers. Worth it or do the factory speakers do just fine?

Just add a Polk sub and you will be delighted.

1 week later
#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I really enjoy this game buy unless they do something with the code soon I'm casting it out. Other than multiball theres literally nothing to do

Code is coming mid-summer, so you are going to have to wait a few more months.

3 weeks later
#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still havent heard it since I did the code update. I even turned off adult speech, then shut the game down, went back in and turned adult speach back on, Still, heard the call outs. Another issue I have (maybe its just me) I cant get it to display a custom message.

Custom message is a bug and doesn’t work.

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Today is the 1st of June. I'm still saying code update coming June 6th. We shall see. Flippers Crossed. Just ordered PinStadium light (shipped today) just received Pinovators PINsmx Passive Subwoofer mixer and PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit (330-041). I'll be ready for update.

No code update on the 6th. I was at the NYC pinball championships when discussions of this was going on. It’s happening mid-summer.

2 weeks later
#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So last night, I was having an amazing multiball and I saw the smart button start flashing white. Every time I hit it, I got a jackpot until if finally stopped flashing. Felt like Star Trek. Is this the "smart missile" I've heard about?

Yes, the button press awarded you a jackpot.

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wonder what Stern would think If I wrote an app that watched the Code Update folder and hit it every 30 seconds everyday.
Just make me a BETA tester and I'd be Stern's friend for life.
Put me on the Free Code Monkey helper list

You should check out the FTP, grab the beta they have uploaded.

#1554 5 years ago

ftp.sternpinball.com

2 weeks later
#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How come when I drain a ball during Walk This Way I have to choose a new song on the start of the next song instead of continuing the mode with the remaining time? Instead it marks the mode complete without the super ramps awarded. Is this the way the game is supposed to play or is this a big that needs to be fixed?

That’s how that mode is programmed currently.

4 weeks later
#1651 5 years ago

Code should be released next week during the State of the Union announcement!!!

#1653 5 years ago

No facts. They announced in March it would be mid-summer. August is as close to mid-summer as possible and with the State of the Union happening next Tuesday, the timing would make sense.

1 month later
#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is today Stern of the Union?

Yes.

#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sooo.....shouldn't we had heard something by now?

We did. They said code is in final testing stages and will be released this month. So the maximum amount of wait time is 26 days.

#1783 5 years ago

This instantly puts Aerosmith into the Top 10.

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm running Windows 10 (64), Browser Edge.
I tried Firefox and Chrome and Opera but the same thing happens on each of them, it only downloads a portion of the file and then error outs.
Can any kind soul send me the three files?
E-mail to [email protected]

Files are too big for email. Do you still need them? If so I’ll try and throw them up on Dropbox or something.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I still need them, if you can put them in a dropbox, that would be fantastic!
Thank you, thank you

Uploading now, standby.

EDIT: What version do you have?

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can you elaborate what that means and how to do it?

Every mode displays a circle in the upper left corner of the display. The circle then has “petals”, which remind you of a flower. Each lit shot you successfully hit will in turn light one of the petals. The goal is to light all petals in the flower.

3 months later
#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

My Aerosmith Pro on first game the C I U works perfectly on all songs. Completing necessary shots set at one or two it will light. From then on at the start of every game Walk This Way and Dude Looks Like A Lady the scoop lights right away when selecting those two songs. Any thoughts? Code 1.06 is installed. I don't think it should light until necessary shots are completed. All others work that way.

FYI- 1.07 code is out.

3 weeks later
#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from product-of-74:

Hello all. Having some issues with my Aero pro pin. First of all the kick-out to the toybox isn't registering and sits there until the ball search cycles through, then popping it out softly like when the toybox is closed even when having the green inserts lit where the toybox should normally be open, I make 2 balls in the toybox and it opens and releases them randomly without any multi-ball be played, also, the center ramp with not register my loops until I make 2 or 3 loops then it will start counting them and I have never changed the factory settings on it aside from updating code when new code is released. I checked the connections and wiring to see if there was anything loose or broken and I cannot find anything wrong with it. I also read some similar issues with the pin and a board issue might be it but I have no way of knowing this, if anyone has any answers or solution to my issues I am currently having, please let me know as I have little knowledge to the electronics of these games & no service repair man in my area to address these issues I am having, I would be most grateful for any input at all on this matter, thanks much.

I can't remember the fix, but unless someone else chimes in, scroll through these threads as the fix has been mentioned numerous times. From what I recall it is definitely a connection issue somewhere that has to be adjusted.

3 weeks later
#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And now they are 50 seconds? If so that explains the difference in difficulty.

Most modes end when you run out of time (at least one – Same Old Song – will end after you’ve shot enough targets during the CIU phase).

2 months later
#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Loving the game. What does the green x's on the play field stand for?

Shot multiplier:
Completing all nine of the yellow stand-up targets lights the shot multiplier on the next shot you make, for the rest of the ball.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I bought a pinball mix. Guy does the work and puts the songs u want in it. 150-250 price range for the work but a nice way to rejuvenate the game

But doesn’t this just butcher the modes all to hell?

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What are the 2 symbols on each side of the screen for? ( The Tiki guy, die, coin, Music symbol)

Playing a mode through to completion awards a specific super mode tied to that mode. When playing a mode you earn “coins” based on how well you play a mode. More shots made as combos and to flashing arrows earn you more coins, and I believe shots made after you Crank it Up are also worth more coins than shots without using CIU. Your coins are ‘cashed in’ at the completion of a mode toward the base value of your super mode.

Extra ball is achieved by starting 3 modes. The other way to get an extra ball is by shooting unlit shots. If you look on the screen there’s a stone looking border. On the left side of the border you will see a Jacky face with a number. That number goes down when you hit different unlit shots. On the right you have coin and notes count.

Border contains spinner spins till next level (cheese icon), Find Jacky extra ball status (clown icon), coins (coin icon)

Cheese is spinner spins for next spinner level, notes are bumper hits for next bumper level.
Toybox is shots left to light extra ball for finding Jacky. You’ll see Jacky play a little animation on the screen after hitting certain shots on the playfield (unlit ones only?)

1 month later
#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Thanks. But manual doesn't tell squat about hardware like that. Just rubbers and assemblies. No map of posts nor fasteners nor such.
Finally found a photo on line, and it looks like there's supposed to be clear star post. I'm gonna put one in. (Unless I hear otherwise.) Thanks again.

It shipped from the factory with a post. Did you buy NIB or used?

1 week later
#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Is it common for Elevator MB to dump the balls out of the toy box to?

Yes.

2 weeks later
#2539 4 years ago

Dude looks like a lady mode insert light is out. Lifted the PF, and noticed the light is attached a board with all the other lights, so no quick swap of a bulb. I've reseated all cables connected to the board and the light is still out. How do you fix this?

1 month later
#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm eventually going to be in the market for an Aerosmith either Premium or LE only. However, I'm wondering the difference between the 2 and am having some difficulty finding this info on Stern website since they are no longer making them. My main concern is the backglass.... is the LE an actual backglass vs. translate that is in the Premium?

Yes.

#2585 4 years ago
5C3A74F4-0959-49F6-8DD3-8672987B5F0E.png5C3A74F4-0959-49F6-8DD3-8672987B5F0E.png
#2589 4 years ago

What are you asking?

#2592 4 years ago

Yes, in the settings you have the ability to adjust the coil strength.

3 months later
#2671 4 years ago

Who here has removed the post between the pop bumpers? I'm thinking about doing it to add more randomness to the game. It kind if reminds of White Water with the sling/rubber between the pops. I removed that rubber on White Water and it definitely makes that game more interesting.

1 week later
#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I’ve been thinking about getting AS for about six months but the machine at the bar I’ve played it at has an issue that frustrates / concerns me...
the magnet that grabs the ball for the toy box seems woefully ineffective. If you hit the toy box is the magnet supposed to grab it every time? On this particular pin it tries to grab it and succeeds about 10% of the time.
Is that the way the game is or is it just an issue with this particular one?

It’s supposed to grab it every time and sling it. In the same manner as Metallica.

1 week later
#2716 4 years ago

In my opinion, this is a game changer. I finally removed the post that sits between the pops and the game is SOOOO much better. It makes the game have so much more randomness and cuts down on the cheap straight down the middle drains out of the pops. I played 3 games without the post and the randomness was pretty awesome. I had 2 ejects out of the pops into the lock, one of the ejects hit the trunk to light a lock and one of the ejects shot it in the elevator! Way cool. Go remove it now. Enjoy!

A20EFAB5-7BED-4852-896E-D7276E811D5B (resized).jpegA20EFAB5-7BED-4852-896E-D7276E811D5B (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2726 4 years ago

If you haven't yet, please do yourself a favor and pull the post out of the bumpers. It truly opens up the game play on this machine.

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

SO dialed in nicely now - what's the skill shot and the "hidden skill shot?
Also to end a song mode after shooting all the matched colors must you go into crank it up to complete it?

Super skill shot - hold left flipper up, short plunge to flipper, one of 3 shots will be flashing white, either the scoop, the left orbit, or the center ramp. Hit the shot for 3 smart missiles.

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Collecting smart missiles is used for what?

Use them to collect lit shots in modes or MB. For example if you are in a mode with 5 seconds left and your 2 lit shots are the left orbit and the right ramp, press the button 2 times and it will award you those shots, and in turn allow you to finish the mode. For MB, anytime you use a missile it will award you a jackpot shot. I try to either save it when balls drain to cash in a few extra jackpots or I save it to complete some of the jackpot stages.

2 months later
#2816 3 years ago

My blue light for Dude Looks Like A Lady no longer works. I’ve reseated all cables, nothing. What else is there to try? Please don’t say I have to replace the entire board.

D53FDADF-67CF-4A00-8F47-190B1CB3B5E9 (resized).jpegD53FDADF-67CF-4A00-8F47-190B1CB3B5E9 (resized).jpeg
#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Do you have voltage meter to check and see if there is power on that plug?

Got a meter. Not sure which setting I need to use to check the plug though. I mainly use this tester to test fuses LOL.

#2820 3 years ago

So I attempted to check voltage, I set my DMM to DC and set the dial to 20V. Hope that’s the correct setting. I then put the black lead on the ground wire on the inside of the cabinet and my first test was on an LED insert board. The board had 2 solder points, one wire was labeled GND, the other LED DRV. I placed the red lead on the LED DRV solder point and got a reading of like 5.54, so I believe my “test” was accurate.

I then moved to the LED light insert board. Removed all screws, set test mode to all lamps. Tried testing a light that was working and got a 5.4 reading. Then tried LED4 which is the DUDE light, also got a 5.4 reading. Thoughts?

Attached is a pic of the insert board and the solder point I used for my reading on LED4

5F48774F-FF89-4980-9DE5-80090B2E0CB1 (resized).jpeg5F48774F-FF89-4980-9DE5-80090B2E0CB1 (resized).jpeg
#2822 3 years ago

I sure hope there is a way to replace that light.

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I've had my AS for about six months now. I love the game and the theme, but at least mine is a drain monster. Left, right, SDTM, it doesn't discriminate. I have my outlane posts tightened up, and have just dropped my pitch from 7 - 6.5 degrees. Anyone else, it just can't be my game? I'm not a professional player and far from a novice, but it is so frustrating.

Remove the post from the pops to gain 2 awesome benefits. One, a big reduction in SDTM drains and two, so much randomness towards the center of the PF that includes ball locks, trunk hits and even an occasional center ramp coming out of the pops.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I attempted to check voltage, I set my DMM to DC and set the dial to 20V. Hope that’s the correct setting. I then put the black lead on the ground wire on the inside of the cabinet and my first test was on an LED insert board. The board had 2 solder points, one wire was labeled GND, the other LED DRV. I placed the red lead on the LED DRV solder point and got a reading of like 5.54, so I believe my “test” was accurate.
I then moved to the LED light insert board. Removed all screws, set test mode to all lamps. Tried testing a light that was working and got a 5.4 reading. Then tried LED4 which is the DUDE light, also got a 5.4 reading. Thoughts?
Attached is a pic of the insert board and the solder point I used for my reading on LED4[quoted image]

RESOLVED!

Just wanted to update everyone here. I was able to remove the LED and install a new one and we are back in action.

2 months later
#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What's the consensus on removing the post up between the bumpers? someone told me to try it so i took it out on my mates pro and enjoyed the difference in play, but he asked me to put it back next day as he was concerned that the small circle under it was not protected and that someone told him it would promote playfield wear?

I’ve had mine out for 8–10 months. It really changes the way the game plays and makes it more exciting.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe so too, but are you worried about wear, or have you made a piece of mylar to go in there?

Not worried. Haven’t checked. If i remember tomorrow I’ll check.

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm going to have to take mine out and try that. Why is it so much better with that post out? Also where exactly is it located?

It just brings a lot more randomness to the game. Shoot the pops and sometimes it goes SDTM, shoot the pops and sometimes it safely returns to the left flipper, shoot the pops and get a random feed to the center of the play field, shoot the pops and it slings it into the ball lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the trunk lighting a lock, shoot the pops and it slings it into the elevator.

Possibilities are endless.

2 months later
#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes, it is time for a discussion of the finer points...
1. What determines where the super skill shot is? So far this only seems random to me. This is the left flipper held one, plunging not as far as the switch in the right orbit. There are then 3 possible shots for the super skill, 2 of which are MUCH easier than the third. I don't care about the points, but the Smart Missiles can be really valuable. I'm just debating that if it is random, I might start working on the hidden skill shot instead, but that is only one missile.
2. What do the Aerosmith letters mean? I see them on the screen, I "earn them" (no idea how yet). But where are they leading me?

It’s completely random.

2 weeks later
#3107 3 years ago

This only works with the Pro correct?

1 week later
#3159 3 years ago

PoMC any luck with editing videos for the Premium?

2 weeks later
#3175 3 years ago

Install 1.07.

2 months later
#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Couple of ideas:
Dude Looks Like a Lady has 12 different "lady" animations, 8 dudes & 4 ladies. I was thinking of pulling clips from videos where Steven Tyler is dressed/looks like a woman for the dudes and using various women from their video collection for the rest.
Attract Loop animations replaced with concert/live performance clips.

Do it. I got a premium, so if you need a tester let me know. Thanks for doing this.

#3272 3 years ago

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)
Content Changes:
- Replaced Dude Looks Like a Lady with original music video
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance of Last Child from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Love In An Elevator video with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Replaced Sweet Emotion video with original music video
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video
Adjustments:
- Automatically set to Free Play
Take a look in the folder called "Ideas" which has the video clips I'm considering for other sequences.
Looking for feedback and ideas.
https://mega.nz/folder/gBQ2DbRL#3EWh3fD2nktysbVWLrCwgA

Are there any videos you need that you don't have? Also, are you working with high quality videos? I used to be a Video DJ and I have tons of content all of which is HQ.

#3275 3 years ago

Maybe use E.T. dressed as a woman?

#3276 3 years ago

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)
v1.1
Content Changes:
- Replaced Toys In The Attic video with live performance from You Gotta Move
- Replaced VIP Pass video with clip from Wayne's World 2
- Replaced Dude1 video with clip from Mrs. Doubtfire
- Replaced Dude2 video with clip from Tootsie
- Replaced Dude3 video with clip from Rocky Horror
- Replaced Dude4 video with clip from Hairspray
- Replaced Dude5 video with clip from Birdcage
- Replaced Dude6 video with clip from Some Like It Hot (Not 100% happy with this one)
- Replaced Dude7 video with clip from Priscilla, Queen of The Desert
- Replaced Dude8 video with clip from To Wong Foo
Take a look in the folder called "Ideas" which has the video clips I'm considering for other sequences.
Looking for feedback and ideas.
https://mega.nz/folder/gBQ2DbRL#3EWh3fD2nktysbVWLrCwgA
v1.0
Content Changes:
- Replaced Dude Looks Like a Lady with original music video
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance of Last Child from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Love In An Elevator video with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Replaced Sweet Emotion video with original music video
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC version
Adjustments:
- Automatically set to Free Play

Downloaded the Premium/LE version. Flashed to SD card. Game goes into a boot loop. It comes up to v. 1.07 LE, then just says "game restarting" at the bottom. It reboots over and over again. Thoughts?

#3279 3 years ago

Collection is wrong haha. I do have a Premium. In fact I actually have a 1 of 1 Promium. Long story short, March 2017 I ordered a Pro for my fiancé’s 40th birthday. They shipped me a Premium.

Back to the code. I have a 64GB class 10 Sandisk. Tonight I will try doing your steps above.

#3289 3 years ago

I was finally able to recreate this problem. Now that I'm able to see it, I should be able to resolve it. Thanks.

Awesome! I just got home and was about to try again.

4 months later
#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from JimKaz:

Hi all, when looking through the audits in the Pro latest code (1.07), I see listings for 4 different types of combos. Does anyone know what the types are, or where I can find the explanation of the combos? Only Combo #1 has the number of combos that have been hit, 2,3, and 4 are at 0 on my game. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks! Also, does anyone have info on the Feature adjustments menu? I am finding very little info, other than the basic manual which doesn't really show the adjustments and/or audits menu options. I can find some manuals - Indiana Jones, for example, that explains the Feature Adjustments and Audits, but I can't seem to find anything for Aerosmith. Thanks again!

I’ll take a stab at the combos. For starters I would take the glass off, run a test, then check the audit.

Combo 1 - center ramp, right ramp

Combo 2 - center ramp, right orbit

Combo 3 - center ramp, left orbit

Combo 4 - center ramp, elevator?

As for the feature adjustments, ask away and maybe we can help explain them.

1 week later
#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What are your Aerosmith (Pro) playing strategies?
Here's a few of mine...
- Always have at least one lit toybox lock to take advantage of any balls that bounce in randomly
- Next shot to hit is crank it up
- If I have a lit toybox lock and the ball is in the elevator, let it quickly drain and do a soft plunge into the backdoor of the lock (before the autoplunge can fire)
I've looked at pinwiki & tilt forums but looking for more

Remove the post between the pop bumpers.

3 weeks later
#3457 2 years ago

Only mod I really care to spend money on.
FAEE7886-A173-4FE9-BE46-7203EB775569 (resized).jpegFAEE7886-A173-4FE9-BE46-7203EB775569 (resized).jpeg

B907D0CC-9F00-4210-B8A2-34BB02F4EF1D (resized).jpegB907D0CC-9F00-4210-B8A2-34BB02F4EF1D (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So its a decal then? I thought you mentioned 'magnetic' in your original post? They do look great.

He was stating that not all of the Wizardmod panels are magnetized. All newer sterns ARE magnetized. Older games use a decal (Metallica, AFM, etc).

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Not available yet. See post 3453

It’s available. PM me.

2 weeks later
#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who knew!
Mind you, I’d just turn off the replays and save the bucks if it annoyed me.
rd

But it's one of the most iconic sounds in all of pinball. It's a must have for me!

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have done dozens of orchestrations on Pinsound for other pinball owners and never charged a fee.

What's the fee?

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

...and the best art package in the whole of pinball.

False.

Nitro Ground Shaker.

2 weeks later
#3608 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Thanks for that. Yeah I've noticed a huge improvement in my scores if I hold out for 6-ball multi, even though I find 3-4 ball is far more manageable in terms of play! And that's why if I can pre-light all 6 balls, I'm usually better at getting the skill shot than hitting the lock once in play.

You should really only play a 3 or 6 ball multiball. In 3, 4, and 5 ball play the scoring is the same and you are just dealing with more balls in play which usually means balls crashing into each other more often.

However, playing a 6 ball multiball is worth the risk because all jackpots are doubled. Then you lock a ball or 2 in the trunk for 2x or 3x scoring and you will instantly blow the game up.

3 months later
#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Added a couple additional videos yesterday. Seems to work quite well, very little lag if any. Added Walk this way w Run DMC and Cryin to replace (Toys multiball).

Can you make one for Premium?

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Guys, being off today I saw the new code available but a bit on the fence about updating my LE. Can owner's who have installed it share their thoughts a little more on the differences in the game? What are the risks vs benefit? I'm not interested at all in inside connected if it becomes a privacy issue. If IC is going to start charging for micro purchases in order to enable new features in the game down the road? Then I'm out. If I don't have Insider Connected hooked up, am I'm going to see animations for it? Can I disable them?

There’s nothing in the update except Insider Connect.

4 weeks later
#3703 2 years ago

It’s not code related. Mine does it from time to time on old code.

3 months later
#3750 1 year ago

Currently running custom 1.07 code. Temporarily I want to run standard code.

Does anyone have 1.07 archived somewhere I can download?

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You don’t have to run the same code as the custom code is running. I swap between my custom code and the latest Stern code. I also have several different playlist mixes running the latest Stern code. You can swap back-and-forth without any issues.

Ahh thanks! I wasn’t sure if I used stock 1.10 code if it would update the bios or nodes or something that the 1.07 code wouldn’t recognize.

#3756 1 year ago

I’ve downloaded the image now 4 different times on 3 different computers. Every time I try and extract it says file corrupted.

EDIT - got it to work on a 4th computer. Odd.

3 months later
#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've owned this game since new but just noticed the two white lights to the right and left of the magnet. What are they for?

They light when you hit the 2 stand ups directly in front of them, which in turn lights the VIP Pass.

6 months later
#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?[quoted image]

Not discounting the play of any of those players, but first you need to know how the games are setup. 5 ball? EB’s on? Little to no tilt? Outlane posts close? Rubbers on posts? Premium or Pro?

Outside of that, premium/LE’s are easier to blow up because it’s much easier to start 2x on those machines. So constantly be in 2x, especially in MB. If you go for 6-ball MB even more lucrative scoring. Hitting skill shots to get smart bombs is also critical to help clear those hard shots.

5 months later
#3998 7 months ago
Quoted from jimk71:

I recently picked up a Pro model with a severely damage head. Any chance someone has one lying around? I can build a new one, but I still need the artwork if anyone knows of a source.
Thanks

Rolpa had one for sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.