IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2322 5 years ago

75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg

#2324 5 years ago

I’ve had access to one for a while at a friends house, and he sold it. Last week when I was hanging out there, I missed it. So poof. I’m definitely in too many of these “clubs” right now

So what’s the consensus. Update to the latest code? Or just stick. Right now I feel the game is just a fun romp, and I wanted to be sure the newer code felt the same.

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

In settings on the old code that you have, what are the song durations (time out) set at on default? 20 seconds, 30 seconds? A page or so of comments are inquiring ...

On 1.03 the default was 30 seconds.

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Is Stern still making this Pin?

They still list it in their current games list:

https://sternpinball.com/games/

That usually indicates they are still making it, or at least that it is still available.

1 week later
#2358 5 years ago

I realize this game has only been in my house for a few weeks, but I’ve really taken a shine to it. Normally my “honeymoon phase” with a new game lasts less than a week. But I just keep playing this thing. I can’t really put my finger on why, with the simple exception that I really enjoy the game. I like the shots, the rules, the music. Really all of it. Another unexpected winner of a game.

PS: I updated to 1.07. I figured that’s the version Stern wanted me to play, so I’ll play it.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My only gripe is the Jacky voice.

I currently own Roller Coaster Tycoon, and I let the Troll live... so Jacky could gargle with draino and I'd let him get away with it.

Quoted from Shredso:

Can someone with some Pinball Browser experience chime in to how much work this would be?

The newest SPIKE games are a pain in the butt (in my opinion). I don't like doing them. Massive files, different ways to read them, loading and copying SD cards, direct updates because they are so big. On SAM games updates are a joy. On SPIKE, they are horrible. And NONE of that is because of Pinball Browser (awesome software). It is the way Stern designed SPIKE software that gets in the way. On Aerosmith, I wasn't able to change a song in the update, I had to do it directly on the SD card by copying it to my computer (huge), modifying the image there, and then writing out a whole new card. Stuff that takes a couple of minutes on SAM took an hour to do on SPIKE. F that nonsense. I wouldn't do a project like that.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

just recently on my Aerosmith Pro during multi-ball it has giving me an extra ball or two as the balls drained and the light was blinking between the flippers. Most of the time if 2 drain or so it will return the correct amount. Sometimes it will return too many. Any thought as to this problem?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe you are getting an add a ball?

Aerosmith has a couple things that could cause what seems like odd behavior. First (and this bugs me), when extra ball is lit Jacky says “shoot the scoop to add a ball”. When it isn’t an add a ball, it’s an extra ball. Second, the actual add a ball is from the mystery. And finally (and this I like), there are short ball savers for some shots. In a multi ball these can feel a bit random, but they aren’t. When draining other balls out of a multi ball, a scoop shot with the last ball may bring them and one more back to the player. The VIP pass in the right outlane can bring back two balls if it’s triggered and timed with a second drain.

So with all that, I’m thinking either the add a ball at the scoop, or the ball saver out of the elevator, or the ball saver off the ball lock hitting Jacky in the face. It might feel random, but there was a cause, and it doesn’t sound like a problem in your game. Just play another hundred games and you will probably spot what triggered it. Also, you can make it less likely by going into the settings and shutting off the short ballsavers from the elevator and other shots.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Thank you for this detailed information! I know on one occasion on a 3 ball a couple drained and I ended up with 5 ball multi ball. Thought maybe a loose connector or a problem with an optic in the trough.

That would usually show differently. Like two balls kicked into the shooter lane, or more random. But you are saying... oh, hang on... possibly switches in the trough. Like it didn’t know the middle ones in the trough were drained until they had more balls behind them. Some AC/DCs had that issue. So, the way it could be happening is the roller micro switches may be too high, and the ball gets hooked on them if it’s going slow enough. I’d run a test by ejecting all the balls, then into switch test and “lightly” put them in the trough. See if you can cause a ball there to not be sensed. If so, adjust as needed.

1 month later
#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

I’ve had Aerosmith for 9 months now, love it. 550,000,000 high score.
Anyone know of any sound mods for Aerosmith that changes up the songs?

I did one for a friend, and surprisingly that is the game I own now. I'm running full stock now, because I found updating SPIKE games to be a complete pain in the butt. Fortunately, I don't mind the stock music.

1 month later
#2509 4 years ago

272628C9-9FE8-4E7C-AD63-548CF6C26C3E (resized).jpeg272628C9-9FE8-4E7C-AD63-548CF6C26C3E (resized).jpeg

#2528 4 years ago

I was storing my AS in the garage for a little bit due to space issues. However, I sold Tron over the long weekend. And AS went right into that spot. I’ve been playing it like crazy again. It’s just a great little game. I always have fun playing it.

The one thing I miss, the latest version of the software really cut down the calls on the stuff going into the toy box. For instance, the baseball bat. Now Jacky says baseball bat instead of “Hey batter batter” most of the time. And I hate editing sounds on Spike games. So if Strrn would change one thing, it’s use the fun calls more often. But of course, I’m playing the crap out of it, so I guess it isn’t that big a deal.

1 week later
#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Is it common for Elevator MB to dump the balls out of the toy box to?

As Who-Dey said, yes, if there aren’t enough in the trough. AND, there is no ballsaver for the ones you didn’t earn, which is a really cool aspect of it. When you lose the ones you didn’t earn quickly, they don’t come back.

2 weeks later
#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Optos can be bad even when they are brand new, i got a new MET game with a flaky opto. It is probably easy to change and they are cheap so put a new one in and try it and see what happens.

Correct. Brand new optos can be bad (or worse, marginal) right out of the package. They are cheap, and if Stern says that’s the issue, just replace it. When debugging with a company, you should almost always just do the thing they ask. If it’s correct, great, you’re done. If not, you move to the next step. But if you don’t do it, they will never work with you to get to the next step of a fix, you will be on your own.

1 month later
#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People who wont even give this game a chance are really missing out on a great pin.

No kidding! I was shocked how much I liked it when I got mine. It was going to be a fairly short turn around for me. Learn the game, and then push it out the door at the same price I bought it for. But now it will be here for a while. And even more strange, I have it set up pretty easy. Not stupid easy, but you can have good games on it regularly. I find it relaxing and very enjoyable to play. If I could only keep 5 games, AS would still be one of them. I like it that much.

2 weeks later
#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Someone please answer this question: I just don't understand why all my pinball buddies have a huge hate on for AS.

Meh, it’s not their game. It’s yours. I have buddies that don’t get it, and that’s ok. The game is still a blast for me. And that’s all that matters. It’s might not be a loved game, but I sure love playing it.

2 months later
#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

I saw that one. I meant the part on the part on the right.

Still a Cliffy. He does the whole set. The eject one on the side is stock, but both sides flat are Cliffy. I've put them in a few of my games.

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just picked up an Aerosmith Pro tonight. My first Stern and loving it.[quoted image]

Good choice. AS is very fun game.

After a pinball event tonight, mine heads off to storage for the holidays so we have space for family. The only good part is that I get to rearrange the lineup once a year. AS will probably end up in the basement game room at the end of this one.

2 weeks later
#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

I drove 6 hours both ways to pick up my LE. Underrated game in IMHO...

I drove almost 20 minutes each way for my Pro... and then it became one of my favorite games!

I'm still stunned how that happens in Pinball. I had played it at a friends house quite a few times and always liked it. But then he sold it. Fortunately the guy he sold it to was also a friend of mine. I texted him that he sucked for taking it away, and he instantly (and unexpectedly) offered it to me if I wanted it. Very quickly it was in my house. This was also right around the time I sold my Tron after 7 wonderful years. Aerosmith was put right into that space, and it instantly took over all my play. This game just works. Most of my games are setup nasty and fast, but that never worked for AS with me. A good friend of mine calls Star Trek he "whiskey" game. The game setup just for fun and pinball relaxation. Well I'd call AS my "whiskey" game. I enjoy it every time I play it. I never understand how it could be underrated, but I realize it is. That's ok. I know that I'll own mine for a long time.

2 months later
#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Collecting smart missiles is used for what?

I always use them in Toybox. As I get towards the supers and super duper Jackie pot I’ll fire them if I drain. They can be worth many millions of points when used right. If I started 6 ball, I’ll fire them on draining no matter what. Also profitable.

1 week later
#2761 4 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Has anyone else had an issue where the toybox will randomly dump the locked balls without starting toybox multiball.
A friend is borrowing my game for a bit on trade and he called today saying it would randomly dump locked balls. The other item is after it launch's a ball into the toybox. Sometimes the next ball does not get plunged into the shooter lane. I know that it will dump the toybox on a ball search but it seems to be happening while playing a ball.

The one time I know it will do that is if you start a different multiball and there are not enough balls in the trough, it will dump the toybox and shut off any ballsaver until you get down to the proper number of balls.

As for the other, sounds like a switch issue. Like the game thinks a ball is still in play due to a closed switch. So head into switch test and see what’s going on.

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey 5 balls or 3 Bill, that is a great game you had. I believe in setting the game up for the way it makes it the most fun for you because if its not fun then you're not going to want to play it. Great game!

I wish I could just cheer this comment. This is 100% truth. Set every game up how YOU enjoy playing it. If that is floaty or fast, brutal or easy, 3 ball, 5 ball, 10 ball, none of it matters as long as it is how you like to play and enjoy it. No one else has any say in it, it is your game. And it is true for the games you own as well. If you like them, that is the only real thing that matters.

3 months later
#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I don’t have hope for another update, but if they do, I actually hope they put some effort in.

I agree with your points. However, I treat AS as just a fun game to play. I really enjoy it when I play it, and I don’t worry too much about flaws in the rules. I have debated going back to earlier code, which was a bit more fun. But overall, I still enjoy it.

As for updates, I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed. I’d be shocked if they updated it because it wasn’t that big a seller. The effort to update it wouldn’t be worth the return. Plus it would set a bad precedent that marginal selling games get extensive work years later. So people would start expecting updates on Mustang or other marginal games (I’m allowed to call games I own marginal, that’s the rule).

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The machine i have hereon rental seems to treat the toy box differently during multi player games than it does on single games.
Single games first ball, once you light the toy box it seems to stay lit till you get at least three balls, multi's it seems to want you to relight it at every ball or at funny random times.

You're going to need to explain that a bit more clearly. If you could explain it player by player through a 2 player game.

For instance, player 1 plays and locks 3 balls, then drains. Player 2 locks one ball, but it doesn't go into the toybox because there are already 3 in there. Player 1 steps back up and... He has no locked balls anymore? The ones that were qualified and flashing are no longer flashing?

And the other question would be do you have the toybox enabled or disabled? So, does it launch balls into the toybox or are they virtual?

1 week later
#2892 3 years ago

Jacky’s Back!

I don’t have enough space for my collection (first world problems). So I always have to have games wrapped up and not played. About every 4-6 months I swap it all around and bring back games I haven’t played in many months. They always feel brand new. That’s how Aerosmith feels today. Like I just bought it over the weekend. I really like this game. I can’t sum it up with any specific thing about the game... it comes down to the fact that I always enjoy it while I’m playing it.

3C366EBB-457C-4760-9337-A5B6BB6F8136 (resized).jpeg3C366EBB-457C-4760-9337-A5B6BB6F8136 (resized).jpeg

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

On Aerosmith, I know there is a rollover switch under the upper playfield, but is it there on the Pro? If so, what wire combination does it use on the Pro as I don't see it in the manual.

There is no upper playfield in the Pro. So no rollover, therefore, no wires.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I haven't had the pleasure of playing this machine for about 2 year now... for those that have had it for a while, how does it last for you? Wow... that was barely English. I guess I mean; does it get boring or do you still like it after years of play? It is gorgeous and the pro is such a good value it seems.

I still love mine. I've only owned it for a year and a few months, so it can't fully been judged yet. I can say that I wouldn't sell it. And that is the best compliment I can give a game.

3 weeks later
#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What occurred in the code update to dampen play, kingbw? Is it on all versions? I'm researching my next machine, and this is high on my list.

They removed the “Hey batter batter” callout when a baseball bat was being thrown into the toybox. Now it’s unplayable.

Only kidding a little, because that was my favorite callout in the game.

Older versions of the code had an extra level of excitement. The timings of modes felt better adjusted, and all the callouts seemed timed for more excitement. It was a more exciting, and less balanced game.

HOWEVER, if that meant all that much to me, I could just downgrade the software in mine, but I haven’t. It’s still a damn fun game. I always enjoy playing it. I ended up with mine just through a deal between some friends. And right now it’s my fourth most played game, which is pretty good in my collection.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks for the info. "Attack from Mars" is another machine I'm looking at. Between that and Aerosmith, what gets the nod, especially with guests in mind? I have a JP Pro, so I've got the more difficult shot game covered.

It depends on who the guest is. If they are a "pinball person", they tend to gravitate more towards AFM. Non-pinball people tend to go more towards AS, mostly because I'm in Boston, and AS is from around here.

As for me, I love AFM. It is just classic good pinball. They nailed it with that game. I prefer (and own) the original. But I'm sure it would have been fine if I ended up with a remake instead.

Sorry that isn't really an answer. I like and play both of them. I think you would be happy with either of them. But if I was pressed to sell one of them, I'd probably keep AS. Because like I said, I enjoy playing it. And I've ruled the universe on AFM, but I haven't sniffed Final Tour on AS. That is always part of my equation.

3 weeks later
#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Turn Aerosmith two days ago and this is on the screen. Sucks the game is under warranty and Stern is shut down....
[quoted image]

On a new game, I'd be surprised if this was it. However, according to Stern's Core Node Stabilization Kit instructions, Symtom: "Upon powering up the game, the message “LOCATING NODE BOARD / 8 / NODE NOT FOUND” is displayed on the LCD display."
Explanation: "The node board has lost its 6v power source and lost communication with the CPU board."

That is from their instructions available at:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

I had put that kit in my game when I got it. So review those instructions, and have a really close look at D9 on the node board near the trough. Also obviously checking the cables there.

2 weeks later
#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

That is funny. One time.

It’s still funny to me every time. Personally it gives me so much joy that I’d never try and disable it. If I was that concerned I’d just try to buy a new head right now, so I could stick it in the coin box for the next owner.

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

But i do not want to destroy this puppet

Found it. Order up one of these...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9965-00

Then just play away without worry.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

What's your go to starting mode?
Currently: Same Old (super targets)
I try to leave Last Child until late. Takes a while to get the feel for loops.

Currently: Walk this way (super ramps)
Even though I STILL have a problem hitting the right ramp, I always want to. It probably isn't the best scoring opportunity, but there is nothing better than hitting the ramps in succession over and over. When I actually do it, I feel like a pinball god.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dude looks like a lady because i love the animations so much they make me smile.
Hardly ever play for points.

Ok, I’ll admit it... I imitate the animations when I play that mode. Yup, picture a middle aged guy at the flippers with his hands on his belly swaying back and forth. You’re welcome.

#3075 3 years ago

In my opinion, yes, it’s true. I don’t always agree with @who-dey, but when I do, it’s about Aerosmith.

Quoted from Metengo:

I own AS now for one week, played some games, but did not have this "wow"-feeling yet.

That might come down to a couple different things. The first being setup of the game. I’ve always set up most of my games to be pretty difficult and nasty. They’ve been called “unfair” by some members of my league. But it’s the way I like to play them. Short fast games that take effort to get anywhere. But AS didn’t work like that. When I set it up a bit on the easier side, it became a lot more fun. The rhythm of the game shines through. So how is yours set up? It’s not a game like the others, it kind of demands a different setup.

The second possibility is that you may not end up liking the game. And that’s Pinball. We don’t all like the same games. That’s why you always hear that advice for games only goes so far. We are all different and have different tastes. Maybe it works for you, and maybe it doesn’t. I love AS and really enjoy playing it. Maybe you will, or maybe you won’t. Both are totally fine.

Personally I still giggle when the toy box loads. I love starting a 6 ball toy box Multiball. I ALWAYS save my smart bombs until I am losing the second to last ball in toy box, and then I let them all loose. I just love when that earns me a Super Jackie Pot as the shaker goes nuts. I still enjoy that I can’t hit the F’ing right ramp during walk this way. I love hitting the toy box to light the lock, it hits the pop, deflects into the loading saucer, and loads into the box just because “The ball is wild”. And most of all, the way the machine winds up everything to make it all feel like a celebration. I like the rules, the animation, the whole package. I have a fairly decent collection of games, and if I went down to 5 games, AS would still be here.

1 week later
#3087 3 years ago

Yes, it is time for a discussion of the finer points...

1. What determines where the super skill shot is? So far this only seems random to me. This is the left flipper held one, plunging not as far as the switch in the right orbit. There are then 3 possible shots for the super skill, 2 of which are MUCH easier than the third. I don't care about the points, but the Smart Missiles can be really valuable. I'm just debating that if it is random, I might start working on the hidden skill shot instead, but that is only one missile.

2. What do the Aerosmith letters mean? I see them on the screen, I "earn them" (no idea how yet). But where are they leading me?

2 weeks later
#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

About 20 post in 24 hour. PoMC woke this forum up. Someone just logging on will think code update. Why yes it is, in away.

I play this stupid game every day. And even I was thinking update.

And really, seeing I’m working from home I take a break around 1:30, go down to the Gameroom and play AS. A friend of mine put up a 500 and something million point game, and it offends me. 6 months later I’m still working on cleaning that up.

#3153 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

looking for a topper. whats the best one out. factory or aftermarket?

In this case, I like the factory one. But I missed out on getting one. Someone sold one a while back for a great price, but I didn’t see the ad for an hour, and it was long gone. I’m not a topper guy, but I like this one.

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Must share this:
I want a GoT. Love it. So yesterday i got an offer, but only for trade. AS : GoT . One for the other no money extra for him or me to pay.
What happened?
I said no.
Really.
So, i don´t know why, but i couldn´t do it.
AS is too good to swap.
Miracle? Maybe.

You chose... wisely. Just my opinion. I owned a GoT (Pro). Long gone. I have much more fun playing AS.

3 weeks later
#3195 3 years ago

When the game does that (dumps the toybox to have enough balls in play), it also tweaks the ball save, so if you lose 3 balls quickly, I don't think you get those back because the game knows it is supposed to be 3 balls in play.

1 week later
#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

sell this game before Led Zep drops. you will thank me later....

Why on earth would I sell a game I love to play? Aerosmith was a hidden gem when I bought it. I played it at a friends house and discovered that I enjoyed it every time I played it there. I 'd say that if I ever got myself down to 5 pins (ha!), AS would still be one of them. It is no particular feature of the game. It isn't a certain shot. It is the way the game builds to a crescendo or a disappointment. It is the musical callouts for the super modes capping off great play in a mode. But again, it comes down to the fact that every time I play it, I enjoy it. There is nothing more important in a pinball machine. And you think I should sell that for a pig in a poke? Bah. Take your advice somewhere else, not in a thread of people that own and like AS.

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If I was a bigger fan of their music it would definitely be on my short list. But if a good deal comes definitely would consider it. Same for Iron Maiden, fun pin but not a big fan of the group.

I'm not a huge fan of the group Metallica. That's why there isn't a single Metallica song on my MET. It's all about the play. Same with AS. If I didn't like the music, I'd swap it out for the fun play.

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I've never bought Metallica because I really didn't love the music. Never knew you could change out all the songs. Does this affect the callouts?
Sorry, for the quick off-topic question.

Each sound is at a different location. MET is a SAM game, which is much easier to edit (in my opinion) compared to SPIKE games. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images is a great start on how to do it all. Plus occasionally someone puts out a version (like the most awesome Christmas version of MET) out for people to use.

1 month later
#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Still have to figure out the source of ball into toybox no new ball launched.
Not all the time, but annoying.

Connectors. Pull and reseat them all one at a time. Bottom of the toybox, trough.

2 months later
#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Scott, it may be hanging up on the Cliffy protector. I had it happen to me a couple times.

Thanks for replying. I was going to say the exact same thing, it looks like it’s hanging up on the Cliffy. That’s actually a common problem with those switch slot protectors. I love Cliffys in a lot of spots, but not there. You may be able to counteract the issue by increasing the pitch a bit. But overall, I’d pull those out.

1 month later
#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm asking because the AS i'm interested in is showing the exact same number between "games played" and "lifetime games played", and that sounds strange to me

Mine is also showing the same number between both, and it is only 272 games. I'm pretty sure that is not an accurate representation of all the games played through all the versions of the software.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

of course, this not means its bad ! as we have to be happy when code is complete/finish, and playing as it should
but than no "wow" factor... :/

I find that Aerosmith brings the "wow" factor just fine. I always enjoy playing it. For me, the most important factor is fun. And I judge it with a simple test... do I have fun when I play the game. If the answer to that is yes, I consider it a good game. And with AS, the answer is absolutely yes.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

and that sounds strange to me, as no AS have been made at STERN with the 1.07 !!!

I think Stern wrapped up production of Aerosmith pretty early. It wasn't a big seller, and when they can make games that sell better, they do. They changed to on-demand manufacturing a long time ago so they didn't end up with a bunch of discounted games that were not selling.

Overall it sounds like you are looking at an AS, but you cannot look at it live. So the thing to factor in is conditions and function of the big stuff. Playfield and node boards being the most important in a SPIKE game. Assume you will have to rebuild the flippers, pops, toybox lift mech. Assume it ejects two balls. Really just assume anything that can go wrong is broken unless they can absolutely prove otherwise, and work from there. Also if you do not know the person selling you the game, assume they are trying to rip you off. It just goes easier like that when you cannot inspect the game yourself. You could also call a friend that is near where the game is, and have them inspect it.

2 months later
#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

The topper is no big deal for AS. Save Your money!!!

It’s pretty much the only topper I’ve ever wanted. I usually don’t like toppers, but the AS one looks fantastic (to me). I’ve seen it in real life, and sure, it’s not that big a deal... but looks freaking awesome. It doesn’t change gameplay... but looks freaking awesome.

But it doesn’t look $1000 awesome. And it’s definitely not $2000 awesome. I missed by not buying it new, and I missed not buying it at normal prices used. I’m ok with that. I also realize Stern could churn out 100 of them like nothing. But they won’t, because the like the artificial limitation of the market. And that’s why I’d never pay $1000 for one.

1 week later
#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are there any toppers still available?
Or is it just a pipe dream at this point?

Well last one I was looking at ended up selling to someone for $1000. I've heard that they are now around $2000. But it seems that I'd have to call myself crazy if I was paying over $400 for one.

When I go to sell my game (NO, I'M NOT SELLING MY GAME), I'll have to advertise it as a "Topless Areosmith" and charge extra for the flash.

ToplessAreosmith (resized).jpgToplessAreosmith (resized).jpg

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from LBHPinball:

I have a original topper for sale.Give me a fair offer.

$400, cash. That’s a fair offer for a used topper.

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from LBHPinball:

I have a original topper for sale.Give me a fair offer.

I just realized, this was your very first post on Pinside. I’ll need to drop my offer a bit due to lack of reputation. $300.

#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seeing six balls spill out of the box and flow down the playfield at once is the only pinball i know to do this and it's spectacular

Stern Indians Jones when it dumps out the Ark.

Quoted from Pauz21:

What’s the overall take on this game?

It’s a hidden gem. As others have said, as long as you like the music, it’s an awesome game. Fun to shoot, and that multiball is a blast. I still giggle at loading the toy box, it’s a wonderful simple, yet well executed mech.

My only real knock on the game is that I’m always trying to start Sweet Emotion going into Toy Box. It’s just to valuable. So some of the lesser songs never really get picked unless I’m having a fantastic game.

1 month later
#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

He's upfront with the price so you can pay it or not.

Quoted from PoMC:

Incorrect. Anyone interested can contact me for info.

Look, I’m totally fine with people getting paid for their work. This stuff takes a lot of time, and it takes much longer on Spike games. I’ve got nothing against it.

The thing I don’t like is that the price can’t just be said here. It sounds like the quote for it varies depending on... I don’t know what. And it sounds different for different people. It should be pretty easy for him to just say the price here. When people don’t or won’t, it always feels like someone is hiding something.

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$150 shipped

Very fair price for a game changing mod.

See, this is the right way to do it. And I agree, that does sound fair.

3 months later
#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does anyone know how to turn on the coindoor ball saver on AS?
Manual says adjustment 51...but it doesn't match the software...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, funny thing about that…. No coin door switch.

Aerosmith doesn’t have a coindoor interlock switch (at least not the pro, no idea for other models). So the game doesn’t know when the coindoor is open. They removed the setting because it became useless due to the physical design.

So if you open the door while playing… nothing happens. The game doesn’t know it and keeps playing normally. No coils disable.

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Well that answers it! Thanks. Any idea why?

Cutting costs. Also in SPIKE games it is less of a safety issue because the voltages are lower. Removing it from the design probably saved at least $2 in parts and installation time per game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.