17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg
20240123_182607 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240110_065014_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bruce_pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#793 6 years ago

Hi All, I've had my NIB Aerosmith Pro for about two months now and just this week it's started to make an annoying "buzz/beep" sound sometimes when selecting songs. (The best I can describe it is the sound similar to when a phone interferes with with a hi-fi system) I've done the obvious and checked all the connections. It's bearable, I just hope it's not leading to a bigger problem. Has anyone else had the same issue? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks
PS- Have a laugh at my kitchen setup

DSC_0542.JPGDSC_0542.JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Update: Problem Solved
Updating the code seemed to do the trick. My machine came with the same code I downloaded (1.03), but I've noticed a heap of more sounds since the update. (Crowd cheering mostly) Thanks for the beer tips and no, the glass doesn't fit inside the fridge (especially when there's beer in there) you funny buggers ?Cheers

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Why would I laugh?

Because I've got to move my fridge when I need to take the glass off

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wouldn’t it be easier to swivel the front of the game sideways over the green couch rather than moving the fridge?
rd

The fridge has back wheels, and I've got the bear hug/headbutt routine down pat that and I prefer not to torque the legs unnecessarily the being first machine I've owned. Cheers mate.

#835 6 years ago

I've been getting a lot of Smart Missiles during TITA multiball lately but have no idea how I'm getting these? (Getting about 4 - 5 in a single multiball). Does anyone know how they are acquired other than getting the odd one from the Aerosmith Mystery?

Also does anyone else check Rats in the Cellar and Same Old Song and Dance to see where the first shot is before they start a game as it's randomized and can make the mode really easy if the first couple of shots are under the toybox? I've found this method pretty handy in finishing the modes and getting a good start to the game.

Cheers,

#842 6 years ago

I had a quick go at making some replacement coin cards yesterday as I couldn't find any I liked. If anyone wants a copy I'll do an A4 PDF when I get back to work on Mon. (Or you can download the Permanent Vacation cover and add some text like I did)

_20180119_212225 (resized).JPG_20180119_212225 (resized).JPG

_20180119_211955 (resized).JPG_20180119_211955 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#930 6 years ago

Is it possible to adjust the pop bumper power on an Aerosmtih Pro?

The power on my pop bumpers in the last month seems to have gone up for no reason and I couldn't find anything in the adjustment menu.

I'm wasting a lot of mode time when the ball gets stuck in a pop bumper mosh pit and the pop bumper skirts are chipping (3 month old machine)

Any help would be appreciated.

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Turn your coil strength down in the adjustments. This trims about 5-10% power off the coils. I think Normal and Soft are the two choices.

Thanks for the reply.

Will that affect all the coils or just the pop bumpers? (Everything is fine)

4 weeks later
#1160 5 years ago

How's that code going Lonnie? It's almost been a year now. Just saying :0

1 week later
#1218 5 years ago

Come on, it's not like they made Aerosmith worse with this code update.

Some new code is better than no new code.

If we start complaining about getting code updates, Stern might give us the finger for another year

3 weeks later
#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried everything. Finally the 2nd attempt of full update it worked.
Then I thought something was wrong because my start button wasn't flashing. Remembered I had to set it to free play. lol

The start button should flash on free play.

1 week later
#1401 5 years ago

I lit my first SPECIAL from the mystery scoop the other day.... It did fuck all.

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I like the game play but half the features dont work. Upper playfield is under utilized, center button is about useless, tons on tons of bugs, call outs are about non existent, its not even worth time doing songs or what does crank it up even do? This could be a great game but if when they release the code and nothing new gets added the. Why did we wait a year? For the record i have an LE and ive found why even complete songs. Wizard mode is terrible and i can just wreck multiball and elevator multiball which again is kind of useless and get high scores. What does the dude roll overs do?

If you don't know what Crank it Up and the Dude Lanes do, plus not understanding the need to complete songs... How the heck are you wrecking multiball or even getting to the wizard modes? (We're talking 3 ball right?)

Less is more when it comes to the smart button in my opinion.

The reason they haven't been fixing Aerosmith is because it was never really broken.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The most surprising thing to me about AS is that Jacky has grown on me. There are a few cringey callouts I plan to change, but he’s my creepy little buddy when I play, and I like that.

The other month my friend said "That thing is collecting sex toys!" Ever since then we've been referring to the toybox as the "dillybag" and it's been a race who can get a dildo in there first! True story

1 month later
#1549 5 years ago

I'd like to see the progress of my unfinished modes when selecting songs in the next update. That and I'd like to be able to see what ball I'm on when TITA MB starts because I sometimes forget and gamble too early or too late if you know what I mean.

And "ADD MORE TIME" is not a f'ing mystery!

1 week later
#1562 5 years ago

So I put the Stern KISS art blades in my Aerosmith on the weekend and I'm pretty happy with the result.

I was surprised how much more reflective light was added to the playfield just from installing the blades.

(Not sure why Stern even produced these for Kiss as the colours seem like an odd choice for it.)

DSC_0125 (resized).JPGDSC_0125 (resized).JPG_20180630_211631 (resized).JPG_20180630_211631 (resized).JPG
#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How come when I drain a ball during Walk This Way I have to choose a new song on the start of the next song instead of continuing the mode with the remaining time? Instead it marks the mode complete without the super ramps awarded. Is this the way the game is supposed to play or is this a big that needs to be fixed?

If you "Crank It Up" during Walk This Way, then the above will happen. Same with Rats in the Cellar & Back in the Saddle.

2 weeks later
#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm still afraid with the spike system (that's also why i sold my GB and bought the TWD in SAM)tanx

I wouldn't worry about the spike system. The "pinball expert" who made the youtube video against the spike system doesn't tell you he was illegally importing new stern machines and got caught... Then all of a sudden he's anti spike. He's dodgy.

2 months later
#2052 5 years ago

A few months ago I broke my hand and had a few days off work, So I had a couple of drinks and dug out my GoPro and stuck it above the trough with some double sided tape. Here's a quick video of some "flipper cam" action being played by a pretty drunken me with a wonky hand. (I know, I'm playing like shit, don't worry about it)

2 months later
#2158 5 years ago

Is it just me or does the "hold the left flipper" for the super skill shot seem unnecessary?

I mean, you have to short plunge for both skill shots anyway, why make me hold the left flipper?

And while holding the left flipper the regular skill shot is still achievable.

Am I missing something? (other than remembering to hold the left flipper 90% of the time) :0

Cheers,

3 weeks later
#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Do you happen to have a shot that shows what it looks like? If not, thanks for the help so far. If you do, thanks again.

Hey mate, you can download the Aerosmith manual PDF from Stern. It has various playfield schematic pics which will give you an overall idea of what you're looking for.

Cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bruce_pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=bruce_pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.