IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2308 5 years ago

Question for AS experts. I have a recently purchased LE with latest code but cannot get the second skill shot to work. Rulesheets says hold down left flipper and soft plunge to then hit lit shot (one of three). When I try it first if hold left flipper before plunge it will change mode song. Then I never see any change in lighting on playflield. Does this skill shot really exist? Help?

6 months later
#2595 4 years ago

Owner of a Aerosmith LE here. I love the machine... rules and play grow on me as I improve.

When I purchased the machine I also purchased the custom toy box hand painted by Dirty Donny (lists for $350 online) and a vinyl promotional poster of the pinball translite - never seen it for sale before. I assume Stern made a limited number of them. I was thinking 300 for the toy box and 250 for the vinyl poster plus a reasonable shipping charge. If anyone is interested in either send me a note. I am not in any rush to sell, but I have no way to display either so thought they could go to a better home.

1 month later
#2623 4 years ago

I concur with the great game comments. Just the right combination of flow and relatively simple rules. Wizard modes (at least the first one) are also reachable. Love in an MB elevator is a blast to try and advance floors.

2 months later
#2720 4 years ago

I short plunge with left flipper button down to go for double skill shot.

3 months later
#2852 4 years ago

Incredible. My 400 million best lookin a little lame.

1 month later
#2907 3 years ago

I agree... if maximizing value is the goal than a PRO might be the way to go, but the upper play field, Real backglass, and overall art package of the LE make it a stunning looker. As good looking a machine as ever created in my opinion.

#2922 3 years ago

I agree with the earlier comments. I have had for about 18 months. Simple rules but for some reason the progression through the songs and the multiballs keep me very entertained. The right amount of depth and game length for me. The only frustration is some shots - spinner and right ramp are very tight ( I have an LE) creating many misses. Other than that a really well integrated theme. As a comparison I have a TSPP and it is so complicated and deep with so many shots I really have to be in the mood to play it. Aerosmith gets more of the casual play in our house.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I added an external sub to mine. Sounds so good. Polk 10" sub from amazon.
amazon.com link »

I assume the answer to this may be easy (and my apologies for not looking it up) but how do yo7 attach a sub to your Aerosmith? Is it as easy as plugging it in?

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I use a piece of speaker wire, install alligator clips on one end and clip them to the speaker terminals on the cabinet speaker. Alternatively you can solder the wires on the speaker.
Route the speaker wire out of one of the vent holes near the back of the cabinet. You can sometimes slip the wire under the mesh, other times you need to pop up a staple.
Route the speaker wire to one of the high level inputs on the sub (either right or left will do). These are the connections that look like speaker wire connectors on the back of some stereo speakers. Make sure you get the set labeled input.
Make sure to pay attention to polarity. Red on the sub is + and typically yellow on the cabinet speaker is + but look for the markings on the speaker. If you don't keep the polarity the same on the sub and cabinet speaker, they will work against each other, resulting in less than awesome results.
Adjust the crossover and volume on the sub to blend in with the speakers in the game. Too high of a crossover will result in boomy or muddy bass. Too low and you won't gain much bass from the sub.

Thanks all... a little more complicated than I was hoping but I think I can manage!!!

#2943 3 years ago

I really like the shaker integration on Aerosmith. As noted not a ton, but seems to hit at the right time. Goes well with the beat from the tunes if you get the idea. Recommended.

1 month later
#3069 3 years ago

Dude has awesome graphics. Also got to like the graphics on elevator multi ball!! I do hate Back in the Saddle though.

AS is a great game...

7 months later
#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep.
LE/Prem guys will say different ... but pro (like most Sterns) is the best player.
I wouldn’t change my pro for an LE even if someone offered a straight swap.
Funny - just remembered I had the same discussion with someone about Walking Dead last week. No way would I swap my pro for a Prem/LE. Pro plays way better.
rd

Everyone has an opinion but I much prefer the LE game play. A little more stop and go but more variety during multi-balls and it is during multi-ball that this machine shines. The LE is one of the best looking machines ever built. I may be biased since I own one, but it is a keeper.

But a great game in either form.

2 years later
#4044 84 days ago

I own an LE and I am working with Stern to fix an LED issue. During this work I noticed that they released new game code back in November version 1.14.0.

Did I miss this on this thread discussion? Any changes that make it a must upgrade? Or is this just to support the next Connect system?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=atlpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.