IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#630 6 years ago

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route AS this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?

Thanks!

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The simplest would be to complete songs then collect the song for super scoring (before draining otherwise you miss out on super scoring). Also wait on MB as the more balls in lock the bigger the jackpots but its of course a risk should you end up loosing your last ball before your MB... so sad to see all those balls just go down the drain.

Do collect songs at the scoop? And what’s more lucrative/fun, toy box MB or Elevator?

#665 6 years ago

Really enjoyed playing this last Friday at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A fantastic pinball parlor. Also played it at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY, another rockin’ establishment that feels fairly anti-establishment.

AS rocks. Very cool game. I enjoy the shots quite a bit. There’s nice flow and very little ball stoppage.

Are the rules deep enough for a 4-5 game collection? I like to keep my games for at least 2 years, and I play the hell out of them. Lonnie rules have let me down a little in the past, but I’ve heard there are some cool little quirks to AS rules.

1 week later
#696 6 years ago

Anyone here also have SW, GOTG or BM66? Which do you prefer?

I swear, I enjoy all these games when I play them, but I cannot get enough Aerosmith. I think it’s more fun and has more satisfying shots than the others. I worry that if I bought one, one day I’d wake up and be bored by the code, but maybe not?

I will say that as much as I enjoyed the AS LCD sequences the first few times I played it, it now seems overly simple and kinda dull compared to the other three games I mentioned.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 is a long term keeper because of the code and what’s coming
I really like my AS too though. I wouldn’t want it to be my only pin though

I enjoy BM66, and I get your enthusiasm for Lyman (that the code will be epic, etc.). But there’s plenty to criticize on BM66 beyond the code, and unless you are a diehard Batman fan - or rich or have a large collection - BM66 will have a shelf life. It may be “long term”, but it can never be the “total package” like an LOTR for example. There’s too much “meh” on the BM66 playfield and too much clunk to ever be epic.

1 week later
#719 6 years ago

How are Aerosmith’s holding up physically? Does the game suffer from any of the known Stern issues or have any QC or other issues specific to the game?

2 months later
#1033 6 years ago

Who else thinks Premium>Pro? Pro is pretty addictive. Is Premium worth the extra scratch? How does it change the gameplay?

5 months later
#1825 5 years ago

I thought Steven Tyler call outs were coming? Was that a rumor?

Also, when you guys get a chance to dig in a bit, please compare where AS is now with your basic Lyman game. Totally different? Some similarity? Is it Lonnie all over, or something more?

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What does “Lonnie”mean?
Does it mean “spend entire ball trying to build up a single shot value but never actually take said single shot because of the greed associated with building up the shot you never take before losing the ball”?
Lol, cause that’s what I do.

Does Lonnie write code like that? That’s my point, Mang, Lonnie’s code can be boring, and sometimes when there’s just a shitload more of it, the game gets worse.

Color me a fan of AS. But I’m terrified of buying a Lonnie Ropp ruleset.

2 years later
#3599 2 years ago