IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonicZone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2419 5 years ago

Well I've now joined the club - thanks to this beauty of a Pro I just brought home from Arcade Expo 5.0

As an added bonus, Dirty Donny was at the show Saturday and he signed the apron decal for me using a metallic bronze Sharpie...

20190318_201234.png20190318_201234.png20190318_201608.png20190318_201608.png
#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So I am joining the club this weekend, looks like I need to check the node boards for the capacitor

If it helps you out at all, the AS Pro I just got above was manufactured mid-Jan 2018 (serial # range 275xxx, factory game code v1.03.0). It has both the fixes from service bulletins #189 and #190 installed.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

If you know the date and/or serial of the game you're getting, that should give you an idea.

2 weeks later
#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know what bulb test lights the jacky spotlight? The one with the 5 leds on a post? Think mine is out.

DIAG -> LAMP -> FLASH -> #145 ("Toy Box Lid Flash").

2 months later
#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The final production run was shipped with a signed flyer : https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156885873779244

I was hoping one of those would come with my AS earlier this year. But it was not to be.

5 months later
#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I haven't removed mine but..... It got so loose once it just about removed itself.

My pop bumper post vibrates loose all the time. May end up putting a touch of blue Loctite on its T-nut threads underneath at some point.

1 month later
#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Lock misses making shot into toybox many times.. any tricks

Every AS I've ever played -- my own included -- does that once in a while. As you've no doubt seen, it attempts re-locks on subsequent lock shots whether lit or not ("Reloading Toybox..."). Each of these re-dos are tried at a different internal kicker power level until the balls start going into the box again.

As long as the toy box lid opens fully to capture the ball, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Should work itself out.

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Also to end a song mode after shooting all the matched colors must you go into crank it up to complete it?

No. CIU only applies DURING the song mode, it lights additional shots and/or increases shot scoring (depends on mode).

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Super skill shot - hold left flipper up, short plunge to flipper, one of 3 shots will be flashing white, either the scoop, the left orbit, or the center ramp. Hit the shot for 3 smart missiles.

It's actually +2 Smart Missiles.

1 month later
#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had a couple questions about the code for the Aerosmith Limited. What was the original code for the game? When you update the code, does it reset the number of plays so there is no way to know how many total plays a game may have? Thanks for the help!

Later code revisions introduce certain supplemental "Lifetime" audits that have been accumulating in the game but not displaying under the old code versions. Total Plays (Standard Audit #16) is one; there's a few others under Earnings. These "Lifetime" audits never reset - not thru code updates, and not even if you happen to change out the game's SD card. Everything else is zeroed.

Newer Stern pins are able to save and restore audits & adjustments when updating code, but this feature is not in older games such as Aerosmith, not yet anyway.

3 months later
#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Which adj turns off match entirely???
Waste of time at home.

Standard Adjustment #19. There's an OFF setting just below the 0% value (I've seen people miss that).

1 month later
#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

And the next question. Sometimes, when Lock is NOT lit, this little man on the box is bad talking and then the ball flies into his face.
That is funny. One time. But i do not want to destroy this puppet so is there a possibility to change this in the settings (like. go to adj. menupoint 77 or so) so the ball only jumps out of the scoop but on the playfield. Not so high, that it hits this guy.
Thank you.

In the game rules, that shot into Jacky's face is qualified at the lock shot every four "dead shots," where you make a main (arrow) shot with absolutely NOTHING lit on that shot; Jacky pops out from the LCD screen edge with an evil laugh whenever this happens.

AFAIK, the face hit with the ball can't be disabled or power-decreased.

The only related game adjustments I know of are Feature #32 - 34 but those only affect the extra ball awards from the dead shots themselves.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I am getting the odd lock where it does not release the ball from the trough.
Looks for the ball,
Empties the toybox first.
Weird. Only happens on lock. Suspect it is not optos more code.

I had this happen once before. Check/re-seat the connector going to the Toy Box underneath the playfield. It's a 3 or 4 wire connector going to the right side of the box underside, slightly recessed in the playfield cutout for the assembly. (I'm away from my game so I can't get a photo.)

Mine vibrated loose and once re-seated, ball lock replacements started serving from the trough/shooter lane again.

1 month later
#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello,
New to the club, just got a pro. Is there any reason not to install 1.7 code? game has 1.6 and a trusted guy, just wanted to make ure before i update.
thanks

Congrats and welcome to the club, it's a fun game!

^^ This. ^^

On 1.07 "Sweet Emotion" keeps mode progress after timeout (all prior AS code made you start over when re-starting "SE") and they also got rid of the funky mode behaviors of two or three other song modes to make them consistent with how the other modes work.

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any other changes with 1.07?
I thought there was a bunch of discussion a while back where several thought 1.06 was better.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AEROSMITH_PRO_1_07_0-README.txt

4 months later
#3328 3 years ago

For some reason on my Pro a lot of open Toy Box "misses" happen during TB Multiball. When it attempts to lock a ball up during the multiball for a few seconds of 2X scoring (or two balls for 3X).

Pretty sure there's no reloads in these situations but you'll have at least one additional ball in the playfield than you should have during the timed 2X/3X.

And I believe any regular Toy Box locks after a MB ends where a 2X/3X lock missed end up reloading initially (re-calibrating lock kicker power).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What are your Aerosmith (Pro) playing strategies?

Something interesting I sometimes do on the Sweet Emotion mode:

The way SE works is 6 shots are lit red; complete those and it lights 6 more to shoot to finish the mode. I don't know if this is a bug or it's by design, but if on the first part of the mode you leave the Crank It Up scoop shot (flashing red) for the LAST SHOT of the six and then shoot it, it will then light ALL 8 arrows red instead of the usual six. Much easier to finish the mode when you do it this way because several more combo shots are available compared to the second six that normally light.

(This is on the current 1.07 code; no idea if it's on any prior Aerosmith code.)

#3406 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks for the strategies. I'll start any mode that comes up...except for Sweet Emotion which I'll save until I have a few more balls locked for a bigger multiball.

Yes, I do that as well. The Super Scoring super mode awarded for completing Emotion can build huge points quickly when stacked with a multiball.

5 months later
#3647 2 years ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

Has anyone here used the Polaris carbon pinballs? Thoughts? Suggestions? Leaning towards just using the Carbon ones to replace the stock Stern balls in this game, BKSOR and IM. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

These are what I've used in my AS from day one -- never even opened up the Stern balls. The Polaris balls work great, no magnetizing issues with them.

3 weeks later
#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I don't see any in-game fixes or enhancements.

I sent several (3 or 4) bug reports in to Stern since 1.07 was released. Looks as though none of them were addressed.

I was also hoping they'd add DJ Mixer since they started doing that "radio mode" thing again with the release of Led Zeppelin, and even back-porting it into previous Spike 2 pins (DP, IM:LOTB, Star Wars and several others).

1.09 is basically all IC related. Not doing this update myself for now either.

1 week later
#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Am I correct in understanding that I can't save my high scores before updating to the latest code?
Looks like the backup/restore capability was only added in this latest version (1.09)

Correct on both.

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Guys, being off today I saw the new code available but a bit on the fence about updating my LE. Can owner's who have installed it share their thoughts a little more on the differences in the game? What are the risks vs benefit? I'm not interested at all in inside connected if it becomes a privacy issue. If IC is going to start charging for micro purchases in order to enable new features in the game down the road? Then I'm out. If I don't have Insider Connected hooked up, am I'm going to see animations for it? Can I disable them?

Quoted from djreddog:

There’s nothing in the update except Insider Connect.

Stern has confirmed there's a bug in the new 1.09 code that's causing attract mode reboots. I was told by Niterider that it supposedly only happens if you have an IC module connected to your game.

Another reason I'm holding off until the next update (even with no IC on mine).

4 weeks later
#3701 2 years ago

Could also be an issue with the MicroSD card below the heat sink. With the game off, try re-inserting it or even swapping it out with a new one (16GB or 32GB class 10).

2 weeks later
#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If you lock a ball and there is already a ball in the box from another player, it will launch into Jacky. I think it also does it randomly with a snarky comment from Jacky. Normal.

I posted details of the "random" launch into Jacky further up this thread ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/62#post-5801923

1 month later
#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Someone please explain to me
How do u light the Special Ball Save on left side.
Aerosmith Pro.
Thank you.

I think on Aerosmith the Special only gets lit from a Mystery award. Very rarely comes up.

I do know if you play the game in Competition mode -- where the Mystery awards are a fixed sequence -- the Special is something like the 11th or 12th award in that sequence provided you light+collect the Mystery that many times a game.

And also the left outlane is NOT a ball save, Special lit or not, unless already active from something else (initial ball plunge, Elevator eject, etc.).

3 months later
#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

We just got an Aerosmith so we are new to this thread. Is it normal that the toy ox lid closes just before the ball shoots to it and then reopens right after? Sometimes it allows the shot but about half the time it closes first. I tried searching this forum but couldn’t find anything. Thanks for the help

I think what you're describing depends on how many Toy Box locks have been made by the other player(s) in a game.

For example, if Player 1 gets one ball physically locked in the box then drains, Player 2's first lock is treated as a "virtual" lock (kicked into Jacky's face w/the lid closed) because a 2nd ball into the box in that case would potentially give P1 an additional ball in multiball they're not supposed to have. But P2's 2nd ball lock will actually go in, and if that happens P1's 2nd lock would be a virtual one, and so on...

In summary, the Toy Box will not collect more locked balls than ANY player in a game is supposed to have in it.

Hope that clarifies things a little

1 month later
#3791 1 year ago

Found a neat little surprise in the DJ Mixer mode in the new 1.11 code that just dropped:

Three of the songs I listened to in the Mixer are alternate versions (not the regular ones used in the gameplay that we all know). "Sweet Emotion" in Mixer is the one that instead of the instrumental break at the end has the looping chorus, "Last Child" is the "hot" mix with more pronounced echo on Tyler's vocal and "Same Old Song And Dance" has a few alternate vocal bits including the censored 2nd (cocaine) verse that was likely done so the record could get radio airplay.

All of these were the 45 RPM single versions in the US (and likely elsewhere) back in the day. Wonder how many more of these alternates/singles made it into DJ Mixer?

1 year later
#3997 7 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I am having the odd ball to the TB for lock that doesn't seem to register.
Anyone had this?
I took the cover plate off, the things that look like 3 lights on each side need some isopropyl?
That's my best guess.

Possibly.

I would also check the opto receiver cable on the underside of the Toy Box (the 3-pin connector on the right). It will cause either no detection in the box or erratic in-play ball dumps out of the box if it's not properly seated.

I've had that issue presumably from all the vibration that occurs there.

5 months later
#4032 73 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I don't seem to have optos at the front toybox holes.
I put my finger in the box by the back holes and it moves the floor up.
Front holes, I get nothing.
Explains why sometimes lock does not complete the cycle as it thinks it missed.
Anyone had this?
I will have to dive in and see if I can find where they plug into re seat the connection before going overboard buying parts.

On the underside of the Toy Box mechanism, the 3-pin connector on the right is for the TB optos (next to the square elevator "tube" that lifts the balls up and out when the lid opens) and has a habit of vibrating loose; it's known to cause issues like this. Start by checking that.

Refer to page 33 of the Aerosmith Pro manual, this connector is left of the Motor Driver board ("7"), just inside the TB playfield cutout.

#4034 73 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

It dumped the TB between locks on the 3rd game for P1.
Will need a few more test games.

That's the most common result from it. Connector briefly loses contact underneath and the game thinks the single ball presently in play got in the box, and dumps everything.

The only other way around it is to disable Feature Adjs. #2 & #4 (Disable Toy Box Motor, Disable Toy Box Diverter), but playing it that way's no fun . . .

2 weeks later
#4045 58 days ago
Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

I own an LE and I am working with Stern to fix an LED issue. During this work I noticed that they released new game code back in November version 1.14.0.
Did I miss this on this thread discussion? Any changes that make it a must upgrade? Or is this just to support the next Connect system?

No huge changes, and none for game play itself.

Just menu/system tweaks on existing Standard Adjs., Insider Home Team and pricing for the EU. Also brings in support for Stern's new Message-Of-The-Day vids.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonicZone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=SonicZone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.