Topic Stats

• 2,422 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by SonicZone
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2422 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 49.
#401 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah! Both TWD and AS are fun, but a totally different type of fun.

Indeed

I have a TWD with the Nine Inch Nails audio. It's a bloody, dark, stressful, intense, industrial, gritty adrenaline rush. I can't play it before going to sleep because it gets me uptight & takes me a while to unwind.

AS on the other hand can be a rush but it's got humor, some classic rock tunes that do not seem harsh (Metallica) & its more upbeat/positive.

I played AS @ CP Pinball & knew right away I was going to buy one. That says a lot because, pun intended, I'm "Jaded" after going there for 8 years & playing everything ever made for the most part. It's rare I play something & say "let's buy this complicated 300+ pound pain in the ass that costs a stupid amount of money" but Aerosmith grabbed me.

Maybe it's just the perfect contrast to my collection & I'm easily amused?

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's rare I play something & say "let's buy this complicated 300+ pound pain in the ass that costs a stupid amount of money" but Aerosmith grabbed me.
Maybe it's just the perfect contrast to my collection & I'm easily amused?

Same thing happened here. The game was not on my radar at all. My wife and I played it at Arcade Expo and it was like... ok... we're getting this game.

It's also a major contrast to WOZ and TZ.

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Same thing happened here. The game was not on my radar at all. My wife and I played it at Arcade Expo and it was like... ok... we're getting this game.
It's also a major contrast to WOZ and TZ.

See, I went to TPF in March looking to try out Aliens and thought that'd be my next new pin (sold a couple to have cash). Then I played it several times and didn't care for it. I played an AS pro once and really liked the looks and play. Later had my wife and son with me and we all played an AS LE and were just blown away by how fun it was. We got in line again to play again and knew I'd want a premium. Well things worked out so I got an LE.

I think it's an absolute blast and way less frustrating than GB. It may be the best game out in a long time. We got to play SW yesterday and had a blast with it too (and one will make it's way in my house sooner or later). It has that fun factor for us too, but the play is so different. Personally I'm glad Stern can release games back to back that have different feels and play styles.

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm waiting for Pinnovator's to provide a proper sub-hook up and thru the door volume control for AS. But I guess you could tap into the 2 leads in the lower cabinet speaker if you can't wait.

I have had money for Pinnovators set aside forever. Not sure why this one game is taking so long.

#405 1 year ago

I know Elevator MB is already tough to achieve, and this will add another shot before starting it, but since I have seen some people complaining that the elevator mold is over a different shot on the Premium/LE, this would be pretty cool...

When you "lock" the 3rd ball for EMB, the MB should not start at that point. The animation of the elevator going up to the third floor should still play, but then there could be another animation with Jacky saying something like "You locked 3 balls in the elevator... now shoot the elevator (on the upper playfield) to start multiball!"

Then when you shoot the the elevator shot on the upper playfield, and while the ball drops and rests in the lock, the animation of the woman getting into the elevator with Steven Tyler should play and part of the "Love in an Elevator" intro from the Pump album should be heard... "Going dowwwwn? (Steven Tyler laughing)" Then "Love in an Elevator" should kick in at the same time the catapult ejects the ball.

Just thought that would be a pretty cool and more dramatic way to start the MB.

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I know Elevator MB is already tough to achieve, and this will add another shot before starting it, but since I have seen some people complaining that the elevator mold is over a different shot on the Premium/LE, this would be pretty cool...
When you "lock" the 3rd ball for EMB, the MB should not start at that point. The animation of the elevator going up to the third floor should still play, but then there could be another animation with Jacky saying something like "You locked 3 balls in the elevator... now shoot the elevator (on the upper playfield) to start multiball!"
Then when you shoot the the elevator shot on the upper playfield, and while the ball drops and rests in the lock, the animation of the woman getting into the elevator with Steven Tyler should play and part of the "Love in an Elevator" intro from the Pump album should be heard... "Going dowwwwn? (Steven Tyler laughing)" Then "Love in an Elevator" should kick in at the same time the catapult ejects the ball.
Just thought that would be a pretty cool and more dramatic way to start the MB.

Nice idea. That would also even up the EMB difficulty between the Pro and PreLe. And have another use for the upper pf.

#407 1 year ago

Pretty good idea that Jeff has. This game is so good that it would be a shame if they didn't keep up on the code and make improvements. The code is sweet already but no sense in stopping now. This is going to be a game that I believe will pick up in sales as more and more people keep hearing about its greatness. Code updates would certainly help those sales out.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

the animation of the woman getting into the elevator with Steven Tyler should play and part of the "Love in an Elevator" intro from the Pump album should be heard... "Going dowwwwn? (Steven Tyler laughing)"

If you listen closely, when the animation is playing (currently) you can hear exactly what you said: "Going dowwwwn - and then Steven Tyler laughing".

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

If you listen closely, when the animation is playing (currently) you can hear exactly what you said: "Going dowwwwn - and then Steven Tyler laughing".

Ha, never realized that. Always have played it in a loud arcade. Still makes more sense for it to happen when the ball drops down to the lower playfield from under the elevator.

#410 1 year ago

Coincidentally, I was playing my LE last night and one time when I shot the ball into the elevator on the upper pf the frickin ball didn't make it back down to the lower pf correctly, instead it got stuck on a plastic that covers almost all the space beneath the upper pf. if this happens, good luck freeing the ball. The only way I could get it out was using a telescoping magnet.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Coincidentally, I was playing my LE last night and one time when I shot the ball into the elevator on the upper pf the frickin ball didn't make it back down to the lower pf correctly, instead it got stuck on a plastic that covers almost all the space beneath the upper pf. if this happens, good luck freeing the ball. The only way I could get it out was using a telescoping magnet.

I've had this happen twice now. If you lift the playfield, they tend to find their way out, but what a pain. I'll take off the upper playfield and see if I can find a way to stop it eventually. It's only happened in crazy multiballs for me so far.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I think ajax had this same issue. Unsure how it was resolved.

Can you jam an extra ball in there ahead of time to prevent another from getting stuck? Seems odd. I don't know the area. Just thinking out loud.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think ajax had this same issue. Unsure how it was resolved.
Can you jam an extra ball in there ahead of time to prevent another from getting stuck? Seems odd. I don't know the area. Just thinking out loud.

No I think like 6 balls could probably fit in there.

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

I have specifically listened for that quote every time and have never heard anything. And this is in a quiet home setting.
Will have to lean in and check that out.
Still do not believe it is in there. Lol

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have specifically listened for that quote every time and have never heard anything. And this is in a quiet home setting.
Will have to lean in and check that out.
Still do not believe it is in there. Lol

It's definitely there.

#416 1 year ago

Yes, it's definately there but so muted. Hope they fix it with a code update. Other than some sound issues I think this is the best game in a long time.

#417 1 year ago

I must really love this game since my cheap ass just spent $80 on game blades. Anyone have tips for applying them without destroying anything? I want to do it right the first time.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4574

IMG_0910 (resized).JPG

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone have tips for applying them without destroying anything? I want to do it right the first time.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4574

So lift the playfield all the way.

Test fit the blades by lining them up and using blue painters tape along the top (just several pieces not one huge strip) to hold them in place. You want the top right below the glass channel.

Start at the back and pull the blade out some and start peeling the backing off about 6-9 inches. Crease it so it folds under. Line up that section and press it down in a few spots with a couple finger tips. Just want to tack it in place.

Make sure it is still lined up then press that section firmly.

Pull about 9-12 more inches of backing off by just pulling the back at a 45 degree angle so it is coming off without pulling the blade completely off the side.

Line that part up and press.

Just keep going. Slowly and evenly. If you really screw up or even a little you can pull it back off part way and go again. Big thing is to avoid wrinkles.

Now when you are putting them on if you misalign by 1/8" or something at the top you can cut the edge with a razor blade instead of trying to pull it all off. Just run a sharp blade right under the glass channel.

I've done a bunch and it's not to bad. They are thicker than normal vinyl so line up pretty well.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Big thing is to avoid wrinkles.
Now when you are putting them on if you misalign by 1/8" or something at the top you can cut the edge with a razor blade instead of trying to pull it all off. Just run a sharp blade right under the glass channel.
I've done a bunch and it's not to bad. They are thicker than normal vinyl so line up pretty well.

A buddy has done a bunch too and swears by the wet method just like side art.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone have tips for applying them without destroying anything? I want to do it right the first time.

Yes, I put them on mine using the wet method. I highly recommend this way, works well and allows you to work it around a little, no wrinkles and don't need to remove the playfield, just tip it up. Mist the entire back with a spray bottle of water and slip it along the side. Get the alignment and theb smooth it out from top working the back and front wiping with a paper towel. I looked this up on you tube somewhere. So glad I did before trying to do it. Made it very easy to install.

#421 1 year ago

... Now when you are putting them on if you misalign by 1/8" or something at the top you can cut the edge with a razor blade instead of trying to pull it all off. Just run a sharp blade right under the glass channel.

This is exactly how I've done mine. Line it up and tape the top down with painters tape, then start at one end and sick it down.

Great tip on cutting the vinyl if it ends up slightly misaligned.

Before starting, I cut the paper backing into 3 pieces before putting it in place so when sticking it down, you can pull the backing off 1/3 of the blade and focus on sticking that part down without having to fight with the backing paper.

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I must really love this game since my cheap ass just spent $80 on game blades. Anyone have tips for applying them without destroying anything? I want to do it right the first time.

You should watch the linked video from PinballSupernova which shows him installing Pinblades using the wet method. He actually installed my Aerosmith Pinblades for me on my LE and they came out great. I had been concerned that wetting the adhesive may lessen the adhesiveness of them, but all my games with Pinblades have been installed using the wet method and they are securely attached to the game after years.

I would also recommend buying Pinblade protectors from Pinball Life for when you have to work on your game, you just put these plastic sleeves on the game while you lift the playfield and they protect Pinblades or mirror blades.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575

Good luck!
Ed

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

I would also recommend buying Pinblade protectors from Pinball Life for when you have to work on your game, you just put these plastic sleeves on the game while you lift the playfield and they protect Pinblades or mirror blades.
Good luck!
Ed

Wow, I didn't know these existed. What a great idea and I'll grab some next time I order from them.

Wet method shouldn't be a problem, but I just didn't want the wetness around my machine. Depends on the vinyl a bit, but it shouldn't affect the adhesive. I may try it next time just for kicks, but I want to get mirror blades for AS I think.

#424 1 year ago

Premium ordered. Should be here in a few days. Can't wait!

#425 1 year ago

Minor question.
Put a custom message in AS using menu same as earlier Stern SAM pins. Do not see it displayed during attract as it does in other pins?

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Minor question.
Put a custom message in AS using menu same as earlier Stern SAM pins. Do not see it displayed during attract as it does in other pins?

I suspect not everything in the SAM menu is used by Spike.... Greg said they are working on a Spike menu system, hopefully AS will get it in a future update.

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is a hit, fair and square. Don't know enough yet about rules to get too deep into it. But man, this thing rocks, straight out of the box.

Just curious, why did you get rid of it after only one month?

Starting a club so excited and bailing on it so soon just doesn't seem right.

#428 1 year ago

Is anyone offering a replacment start button maybe in purple?

#429 1 year ago

Hey guys I am having major issues with SDTM from the elevator on my pro.... I have adjusted the strength of the coil to every strength possible and it doesn't help... I have taken it apart more than five time and physically twisted it as far left as it can go but it always seems to eventually start draining down the middle again.... On the last attempt I even tried to drill the hole to the right a little more so it had more play.... and it still drains. I was told to put washers under the right side of the mech to give the scoop and angle to shoot out. Would that work?

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey guys I am having major issues with SDTM from the elevator on my pro.... I have adjusted the strength of the coil to every strength possible and it doesn't help... I have taken it apart more than five time and physically twisted it as far left as it can go but it always seems to eventually start draining down the middle again.... On the last attempt I even tried to drill the hole to the right a little more so it had more play.... and it still drains. I was told to put washers under the right side of the mech to give the scoop and angle to shoot out. Would that work?

On the older games, I've always taken a pair of smooth pliers or lock grips and bent the top metal of the scoop to direct the ball where I wanted it to go. You may want to try that. It doesn't take a big change to affect the ball path usually. Maybe 1/16" up or down on one side.

#431 1 year ago

On the older games, I've always taken a pair of smooth pliers or lock grips and bent the top metal of the scoop to direct the ball where I wanted it to go. You may want to try that. It doesn't take a big change to affect the ball path usually. Maybe 1/16" up or down on one side.

Ok cool... cool I will try that. How far back does the bend need to go into the scoop for it to affect it? 1/4"?

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ok cool... cool I will try that. How far back does the bend need to go into the scoop for it to affect it? 1/4"?

Don't try to make a sharp bend, try to bend the scoop further back. Think smoother the better. Think about how a ball will travel up it and then go out.

Often you can add small washers between the scoop and playfield on one side or the other to get a similar affect if you want to try that before bending it.

Usually if you want a ball to go to the left, raise the left side of the scoop by bending, or add washers underneath on the right side.

Good luck.

#433 1 year ago

Oh I would also check to make sure the plunger is moving freely. If it's binding at all or rubbing against something you may just not be getting enough power.

Of course make sure the playfield is level left/right (on the playfield), but I was assuming you already did that.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

You should watch the linked video from PinballSupernova which shows him installing Pinblades using the wet method. He actually installed my Aerosmith Pinblades for me on my LE and they came out great. I had been concerned that wetting the adhesive may lessen the adhesiveness of them, but all my games with Pinblades have been installed using the wet method and they are securely attached to the game after years.
ยป YouTube video
Good luck!
Ed

Thanks very much for posting. I did not realise there were Pinblade protectors. What a fantastic idea.

#435 1 year ago

Thanks guys... I will first try the washers and if that doesn't work I will attempt the bend. Doesn't make sense that it isn't shooting right to the flipper. I was also thinking of maybe switching the cool with the other scoop... as it doesn't get used as much!? Maybe more power? I will start with the washers and follow up with results.
And yes I made sure the playfield is level left to right and also did check to make sure there was no friction with the mech.

#436 1 year ago

Just an observation, I spent quite a while adjusting my levelers last night and found that a 7.1 degree playfield angle made every shot feel "right" to me. I set it up at 6.5 out of the box last week and after several adjustments 7.1, and obviously being perfectly level, made a world of difference. I can even make the orbit shots pretty consistently which were giving me fits until last night.

#437 1 year ago

Anyone added a shaker to their pro? How's it feel?

#438 1 year ago

I think it's decent. You can check mine out before you buy if you want.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Maybe with next AS code update, the shaker with be more interactive with the game. As it is now, when I compare it to my MET, the AS shaker is undeniably much less interactive.

... the shaker & more importantly the "smart missiles" need to be included more in AS, then ... who knows, it could possibly out-shine MET

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Maybe with next AS code update, the shaker with be more interactive with the game. As it is now, when I compare it to my MET, the AS shaker is undeniably much less interactive.
... the shaker & more importantly the "smart missiles" need to be included more in AS, then ... who knows, it could possibly out-shine MET

More smart missiles! They are just never seen...... well, hardly ever.

And some sounds for outlanes.

Tweak Medley mini wizard as well.

Go on Stern, make this game a solid A title - it's nearly there

#441 1 year ago

Would not take much to put this game over the top

#442 1 year ago

Yeah I'm guessing eventually there will be another GB code drop and another AS code drop. Just seems to take them a while.

#443 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Go on Stern, make this game a solid A title - it's nearly there

WTC-sternPinball (resized).jpg

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I think it's decent. You can check mine out before you buy if you want.

Thanks, yeah we need to hang out.

Quoted from MacLean:

I might just hold off a little while then. Loving the game as-is anyway.

#445 1 year ago

Had mine for about a month now and I like it.
Have had the ball get stuck after shot to elevator a couple of times. Had to lift playfield to release ball

0708171244 (resized).jpg

0722171833 (resized).jpg

#446 1 year ago

Got my premium yesterday... love it!

A few observations/questions:

- Playfield looks amazing.

- Elevator MB is AWESOME! And I heard the intro to "Love in an Elevator" finally.

- No cabinet issues that I can see at the moment.

- I am getting the issue where the ball gets rejected and won't go around the upper playfield orbit when I shoot the ball up the right ramp. I will look into the fixes mentioned above in this thread.

- Is there a 12v/5v power tap anywhere? I saved some BriteButtons illuminated flipper buttons from a previous machine (a Spike machine) and when I went to install them, I can't find a power tap anywhere! The PinballLife website says they will work on AS (Spike 2 machines). What am I missing? Or do I need an adapter?

Can't wait to get my topper and art blades tomorrow!

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

- I am getting the issue where the ball gets rejected and won't go around the upper playfield orbit when I shoot the ball up the right ramp. I will look into the fixes mentioned above in this thread.

Congrats on the new purchase. I love mine.
(Somewhat sad as I only have room for 1 pin setup at a time and had to fold Aerosmith on Thursday in order to setup Starwars -but it will be back!)
I have not yet solved the right ramp reject issue. When you fix it, please report back, and/or drop me a msg.

Have fun!

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got my premium yesterday... love it!
A few observations/questions:
- Playfield looks amazing.
- Elevator MB is AWESOME! And I heard the intro to "Love in an Elevator" finally.
- No cabinet issues that I can see at the moment.
- Is there a 12v/5v power tap anywhere? I saved some BriteButtons illuminated flipper buttons from a previous machine (a Spike machine) and when I went to install them, I can't find a power tap anywhere! The PinballLife website says they will work on AS (Spike 2 machines). What am I missing? Or do I need an adapter?
Can't wait to get my topper and art blades tomorrow!

Yes definitely. I installed some on mine (Pro) just 2 days ago. I also noticed that the board was slightly different from the one in the picture for Spike games that was provided on the instruction sheet. It's in the same location.

In the cabinet, on the left side, below the flipper button. Rectangular board. It's the top left horizontal connector.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yes definitely. I installed some on mine just 2 days ago. I also noticed that the board was slightly different from the one in the picture for Spike games that was provided on the instruction sheet. It's in the same location.
In the cabinet, on the left side, below the flipper button. Rectangular board. It's the top left horizontal connector.

So I will need an adapter? Right now, my BriteButtons connect via Molex connector. I don;t see a Molex connector in the cab.

#450 1 year ago

Ahhhhh.... looks like MezelMods sells an adapter to tap into the 12v ticket dispenser port.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 19.95
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niceville, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Wrentham, MA
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2422 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside