20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 82.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I've done it both ways. It is easy to remove the playfield but it is also fine to do it without removing the playfield. The Stern side blades can be moved/removed easily and repositioned if necessary.
I highly recommend using RapidTac (or just water & dish soap) regardless of which method you choose.
amazon.com link »
A few sprays of that and you can slide the decal around to get it perfectly positioned.

Ordered!

Will this re-glue decals back down too?

I have mylar coming up on Iron man. Just want to get it sticky again.

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will this re-glue decals back down too?

I have mylar coming up on Iron man. Just want to get it sticky again.

I don't THINK so but I'm not an expert

It lets the decal move around until the liquid dries and then it stays in place. It's not an adhesive itself.

Vid's guide may be helpful. You may want to remove what is there and then reapply. (But I'm certainly not a mylar expert!)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

These look great. Could you share links to what you purchased?

I got the cymbals from ebay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314415882874
(High Quality Dancing Finger Cymbals Musical Instrument Parts)

And the posts from https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Metal Post With #6-32 Thread on Base and Top 2" Tall - 530-5012-02

They are from local suppliers in Oz, you'll probably want to look around more locally to you.

I wanted something like an archway over the ramp entrance. I tried a couple of little guitars but they broke.

#3904 1 year ago

I made a new video update based on the latest 1.12 code. Pro only for now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-live-amp-in-concert-code#post-7470314

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I got the cymbals from ebay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314415882874
(High Quality Dancing Finger Cymbals Musical Instrument Parts)

And the posts from https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Metal Post With #6-32 Thread on Base and Top 2" Tall - 530-5012-02

Perfect. thank you!

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

one reason it’s hard for me to think of letting it go.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance? I’m looking for an Aerosmith near MI/Chicago/Wis. Heading to MCG soon.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance? I’m looking for an Aerosmith near MI/Chicago/Wis. Heading to MCG soon.

I really need to rank my DMDs, so I know what to sell if FF is great. I sold LOTR to buy Rush Premium, and I have no regrets about doing that.

#3908 1 year ago

UPDATE on my game freezing, reseting issue (sporatic).
Before replacing the whole cpu card $$$
Stern service has suggested I re-write the cpu SD card.
Then I had to call a few computer places to find someone with an SD card writer.
I found an old local BBS guy that can do it for me.
New SD by the weekend.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

YES - I had a weird issue with mine, and it was a corrupted SD card. I burned a new one and haven’t had any problems since.

#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Then I had to call a few computer places to find someone with an SD card writer.
New SD by the weekend.

I hope the SD card works for you!

FYI - you can buy USB adapters on Amazon for under $20 that will write SD cards for you. Below is a link to one but there are dozens to pick from that offer various card slots you can use with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=sr_1_3

#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?[quoted image]

I have everything set to stock setting and just got back to final tour since loading the new code a few months ago, so it's not easy. I don't find getting to medley multi ball that easy either actually, especially as I actually find myself shaking uncontrollably trying to hit the damn scoop shot, haha!

Anyways I got 690 million on Final Tour alone and 1.4 billion over all. Final tour is actually a pretty easy mode where you just spam the shots, so you pretty much have to get to it for the big scores you're seeing on the leader boards.

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

New SD by the weekend.

Try writing using Win32DiskImager. I've had several guys this week using Etcher to write my code for Elvira and Avengers and it would freeze and F up. Not the case ever in my experience using Win32DiskImager. Use any 8GB SD card you have and write Stern's latest image file to it.

When browsing for the .RAW file, at the lower right corner change the Disk Image *.img pull-down menu to *.*. Otherwise it will not see the file because it's not showing everything.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

#3913 1 year ago

I'm going to release my project I did years ago, but update to code 1.12, replacing all the song animations with their Guitar Hero counterparts. Works as a fun party trick, because of course that damn Aerosmith early Spike2 system does not like changes. Have to make my own edits for 3 songs since they did not have the Guitar Hero treatment.

Shaky and unfocused video here. Was using a phone stand placed on the game to take video but of course it shook the shit outta the phone/camera.

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

especially as I actually find myself shaking uncontrollably trying to hit the damn scoop shot

So it’s not just me then!

Thanks for the details!

#3915 1 year ago

Put the CPU into another Stern game with the SD card of that particular game. If your game freezes in Aerosmith then also freezes in Deadpool with a DP SD card it is the CPU.
I tried changing my SD cards in AS first of course as I had the original and the RUN-DMC version. Mine locked up with either SD card.
I hope it's just the SD card as they are way cheaper than the CPU.

#3916 1 year ago

Just noticed some nice carving on the side of the elevator

20230324_203011 (resized).jpg20230324_203011 (resized).jpg
#3917 1 year ago

I wished the elevator would have had some type of subway or the elevator would have held the balls until you achieved mutiball and it tossed them out from the elevator.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Just noticed some nice carving on the side of the elevator

But have you seen what is behind the VUK "inside" the elevator?

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

But have you seen what is behind the VUK "inside" the elevator?

Do share!

#3920 1 year ago

Such a great easter egg.

IMG_1442 (resized).jpegIMG_1442 (resized).jpeg

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm going to release my project I did years ago, but update to code 1.12, replacing all the song animations with their Guitar Hero counterparts. Works as a fun party trick, because of course that damn Aerosmith early Spike2 system does not like changes. Have to make my own edits for 3 songs since they did not have the Guitar Hero treatment.
Shaky and unfocused video here. Was using a phone stand placed on the game to take video but of course it shook the shit outta the phone/camera.

These look really good in the game. Fits the animations.

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Such a great easter egg.
[quoted image]

Never seen that.

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Never seen that.

With your eye you can really only see it if you take the elevator housing off, which was how I found it. Once you know it's there, you can get at it with a phone camera, IIRC.

#3924 1 year ago

Cool Nice touch.

#3925 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue where the ball launch is struggling to get the ball out onto the playfield?

I have the power set at 255.

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone have an issue where the ball launch is struggling to get the ball out onto the playfield?
I have the power set at 255.

Does it sound weak, or does it sound like it’s firing but something’s blocking it?

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Does it sound weak, or does it sound like it’s firing but something’s blocking it?

It sounds normal. When I pull up the playfield, it doesn't look like anything is interfering with it.

I can try and upload some video to YouTube. This repair has me stumped.

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It sounds normal. When I pull up the playfield, it doesn't look like anything is interfering with it.
I can try and upload some video to YouTube. This repair has me stumped.

When you look straight down at the shooter lane - and you push up the autolauncher with the ball in the lane (do this with the game off) does it look misalligned in anyway? When you bring the autolauncher up manually does it look like it is hitting straight on?

So two variables to check - where the ball rests when loaded and how the autolauncher hits it.

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

When you look straight down at the shooter lane - and you push up the autolauncher with the ball in the lane (do this with the game off) does it look misalligned in anyway? When you bring the autolauncher up manually does it look like it is hitting straight on?
So two variables to check - where the ball rests when loaded and how the autolauncher hits it.

I'll look tonight.

If it still looks right, I'll upload a video.

First time I've ever really been stumped fixing something.

#3930 1 year ago

I was confused - I thought it was the trough kicker you were talking about. If it’s the auto-fire it’s almost definitely the alignment of the “fork”

#3931 1 year ago

How does this look?

A133ABE3-F258-4EE4-9F06-0C9925095DBA (resized).jpegA133ABE3-F258-4EE4-9F06-0C9925095DBA (resized).jpeg
#3932 1 year ago

That actually looks fine to me. Can you do a slow-motion video of an auto-launch?

#3933 1 year ago

Let me know what you think.

I still can’t figure it out.

I recorded in slow-no, but YouTube is speeding it up. Ugh.

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Let me know what you think.
I still can’t figure it out.
I recorded in slow-no, but YouTube is speeding it up. Ugh.

Well now I’m stumped too. It’s not rattling around and it looks like it’s shooting straight. Must be something to do with the autofire coil or its plunger.

#3935 1 year ago

It’s hard to tell without it in slow motion, but is it launching slightly toward to eject hole? I tried to do a frame by frame, but couldn’t see much.

#3936 1 year ago

Have you changed any coil strength settings? I know changing the eject to the toybox will cause issues. Make sure all your coil settings are at the factory default. That's all I got.

#3937 1 year ago

Anyone have a Jackie shooter rod they want to sell?
If so PM me
Thanks

3 weeks later
#3938 12 months ago

code update for everyone

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3939 11 months ago

What! New code!
I came to ask Aerosmith or Metallica artwork?

#3940 11 months ago

Has anyone had lockups with this new update like they found on BM66?

#3941 11 months ago

I assume the code is just for the Stern app / software thing? Nothing to the game itself right?

#3942 11 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I assume the code is just for the Stern app / software thing? Nothing to the game itself right?

System stuff, mostly related to Insider Connected.

From the release notes...

V1.13.0 - April 17, 2023
=====================

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

#3943 11 months ago

Got my issues figured out. Cliffy on the right side, I just slid over just a hair and now the game works perfectly.

#3944 11 months ago

I'm wondering if anyone knows the specific wiring configuration used by the Aerosmith topper. I only have the topper as I'm still looking for the machine itself! However, in the meantime I'd like to use the topper and possibly power it up with a 12V power supply if that's a possibility? There is the cat5 type cable which I'm assuming controls the color changing during gameplay but I'm wondering if the 2 wire cable (greyish white + black wires) is strictly for power and could be used to at least power the topper up.

20230426_214700 (resized).jpg20230426_214700 (resized).jpg20230426_214706 (resized).jpg20230426_214706 (resized).jpg
#3945 11 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm wondering if anyone knows the specific wiring configuration used by the Aerosmith topper. I only have the topper as I'm still looking for the machine itself! However, in the meantime I'd like to use the topper and possibly power it up with a 12V power supply if that's a possibility? There is the cat5 type cable which I'm assuming controls the color changing during gameplay but I'm wondering if the 2 wire cable (greyish white + black wires) is strictly for power and could be used to at least power the topper up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not possible, this requires a node board to address/drive the lights. The 2 wire cable is for power, but without data signals from the cat5 cable nothing will operate.

#3946 11 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck on the search! I’m in the market for the topper if you change your mind down the road.

1 week later
#3947 11 months ago

We have a minty Mando Pro up for sale, but wouldn't mind getting a AS Pro is someone wants to do a local trade. Owned a clean Pro a few years ago, got rid of it in a deal w/a BM66. But out of all the pins we got rid of, AS was one we always toyed around w/getting it back.

Anyone interested?

#3948 11 months ago

Anyway to get a mirrored backglass to replace my Areosmith Translite ? Can these be ordered ?

#3949 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

We have a minty Mando Pro up for sale, but wouldn't mind getting a AS Pro is someone wants to do a local trade. Owned a clean Pro a few years ago, got rid of it in a deal w/a BM66. But out of all the pins we got rid of, AS was one we always toyed around w/getting it back.
Anyone interested?

Not that I would trade away my wifes baby,
(She has seen the Vegas show twice)
But you have no location.
Could hurt a trade.

#3950 11 months ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Not possible, this requires a node board to address/drive the lights. The 2 wire cable is for power, but without data signals from the cat5 cable nothing will operate.

If 12v power is supplied to the topper, will some lights at least light up? I wouldn't mind just having a 12v supply to make some lights work so I could at least put it on display.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/79?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.