20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 82.
#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Thanks for the input guys! Every little bit helps! I'd read up on that vibration issue. Amazes me how with today's technology, a component can go bad from vibration! It also makes sense I literally added a shaker motor about a month ago to it! I pulled the board going to do more testing I'll let you guys know what I find!

Just wanted to make sure you have seen this..

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

#3852 1 year ago

Thanks! I'm learning the hard way about these nodes that's for sure! This helps! One of my boards had this mod and I was like.. what the heck is a zip tie doing on there! Of course node 8 the one I'm having the problem with didn't have it. All comes into play considering about a month ago I installed a shaker motor!

#3853 1 year ago

Thanks! I'm learning the hard way about these nodes that's for sure! This helps! One of my boards had this mod and I was like.. what the heck is a zip tie doing on there! Of course node 8 the one I'm having the problem with didn't have it. All comes into play considering about a month ago I installed a shaker motor!

Glad to hear it. This one came out at the same time but it doesn't sound like your issue.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Glad to hear it. This one came out at the same time but it doesn't sound like your issue.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

Thanks! Looks like maybe that was done from the factory on this one? I do have a cap there.

51211001007_2b83a6ef57_k (resized).jpg51211001007_2b83a6ef57_k (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#3855 1 year ago

And it's back alive! Sure enough the vibration took out that D9 diode on my Node board 8. It also took out one of the IC chips right near there. Local pinhead friend of mine brought it back to life for me. Kinda made sense since my board didn't have that stability mod or zip tie added. Since I recently added a shaker motor to it, I think that's what really did it in. Not sure why my spinner was not registering maybe it's part of that circuit but the spinner is also working again now. Looking back, I don't think my spinner ever worked so it might have been part of that failed IC chip. Just thought I'd update you guys.

#3856 1 year ago

Did you replace the board or did the person fix it?

#3857 1 year ago

I have no one in Ontario, Canada that is willing to fix a node board.

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I have no one in Ontario, Canada that is willing to fix a node board.

I heard a few might be doing this now. Not sure though.

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

My local friend fixed it. He got pretty good working on these node boards working with mine. He just took in another pinsiders node board same issue so let's see how that repair goes. There really isn't much to these node boards very simple operation. Actually very smart they are using these and makes sense why you only have one small board in the head.

#3860 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

This was the parts it needed That regulator and the zener diode in the 6 volt power supply.

#3861 1 year ago

QUESTION
If you have insider connect,
Does it automatically update the code after installation?

#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

If you have insider connect,
Does it automatically update the code after installation?

It is up to you.

You can configure it to...
- not update automatically at all
- download code but not install it
- download code and install it automatically

#3863 1 year ago

Can you change the coil pulse setting from normal (default) to either soft or hard, in the menu settings?
I’ve checked for these on my Aerosmith (as the ball has a tendency to overshoot the toy box), but can’t seem to find this option

#3864 1 year ago

Mine seems to self correct after the first miss or two.
If it's happening all the time I would look at the plunger on that coil and check it for wear.
Had that on High Speed kickback coil...

#3865 1 year ago

Try reducing right eject power. AER adj. setting #8

#3866 1 year ago

Messing with that eject power screws up the game. Seems like a bug.

#3867 1 year ago

If it's a general coil problem, especially if the pops seem a little week change out the 48v power board with another game

#3868 1 year ago

And it's back alive! Sure enough the vibration took out that D9 diode on my Node board 8. It also took out one of the IC chips right near there. Local pinhead friend of mine brought it back to life for me. Kinda made sense since my board didn't have that stability mod or zip tie added. Since I recently added a shaker motor to it, I think that's what really did it in. Not sure why my spinner was not registering maybe it's part of that circuit but the spinner is also working again now. Looking back, I don't think my spinner ever worked so it might have been part of that failed IC chip. Just thought I'd update you guys.

Please don’t break it again. I’m running out of parts!

My local friend fixed it. He got pretty good working on these node boards working with mine. He just took in another pinsiders node board same issue so let's see how that repair goes. There really isn't much to these node boards very simple operation. Actually very smart they are using these and makes sense why you only have one small board in the head.

The second Node 8 board had the same problem as yours and was the same fix...

#3869 1 year ago

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?

JPEG image 1 (resized).jpegJPEG image 1 (resized).jpeg
#3870 1 year ago

If any of you Aerosmith owners want to trade for an Avengers Infinity Quest Premium with upgrades, message me.

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?[quoted image]

Not discounting the play of any of those players, but first you need to know how the games are setup. 5 ball? EB’s on? Little to no tilt? Outlane posts close? Rubbers on posts? Premium or Pro?

Outside of that, premium/LE’s are easier to blow up because it’s much easier to start 2x on those machines. So constantly be in 2x, especially in MB. If you go for 6-ball MB even more lucrative scoring. Hitting skill shots to get smart bombs is also critical to help clear those hard shots.

#3872 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can anyone share their strategies for big scores on this game? Even when I make it to the medley multiball wizard mode (never made it to final tour), I'm topping out around 500 million points. What is the approach to blowing it up like the scores below show?[quoted image]

Yeah, I think my high is ~750 with extra balls, and while I have had final tour lit twice, nerves got to be both times and I bricked it. You’re not too far off.

I would the folks with 1M+ are playing a premium. I consider 500 to be a great game. I usually see if I can put my shot multiplier on the elevator shot to juice those jackpots, if I don’t have anything super running.

#3873 1 year ago

If you reduce song times by 10 to 15 seconds from factory
You can get to final tour more often.

#3874 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

I would the folks with 1M+ are playing a premium.

Great point. Thanks.

Quoted from Blu:

I usually see if I can put my shot multiplier on the elevator shot to juice those jackpots, if I don’t have anything super running.

I'll try that. So far, I haven't been strategic about where I put the multiplier.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you reduce song times by 10 to 15 seconds from factory
You can get to final tour more often.

Can you elaborate? I would think that would get you to medley multiball (starting all modes) faster, but would make getting to final tour (completing all modes) harder.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If any of you Aerosmith owners want to trade for an Avengers Infinity Quest Premium with upgrades, message me.

Nope can’t do it. Wouldn’t even do it with 4k on my end. Terry Richie machine. WHO-DEY!

#3876 1 year ago

I have a pro. I noticed when I reduced the play times for certain songs I got further and got the bonus for completing all songs...when the scoop light turns white and you hit the scoop. Even if you only started a song (it blinks) when you just attempt all songs it takes you where you collect an extra bonus for the songs you DID complete.From there you have opportunity to complete any unfinished songs.

#3877 1 year ago

Another way to say it is start each song, hit at least one shot in that song then move on if your desire it to get the all songs bonus.
DO leave Sweet Emotion on full factory time. It will give you super scoring when completed. Load your Jacky box
But delay multiball until you have completed or nearly completed Sweet Emotion. You want super scoring and multiball to happen at the same time. Again this works on the Pro. I'm not sure about premium,le

#3878 1 year ago

All good suggestions. Thanks wtatumjr

3 weeks later
#3879 1 year ago

Looking for some input

Intermittent issue
Sometimes the Blackbox glows on start and nothing else happens.
Sometimes, game will freeze during play, sometimes it catches up, some times it powers down and resets.

Is this the power supply issue that I need to turn up? (Seen I'm another spike thread)
I keep the machines in the basement.
But, I have left the machine on for an hour and then try it and it will still do the freeze reset.

Last time I took it for Stern service it didn't act up while they had it.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Sometimes the Blackbox glows on start and nothing else happens

Mine does this occasionally, and I just restart it.

Quoted from BMHouze:

Sometimes, game will freeze during play, sometimes it catches up, some times it powers down and resets.

I have not had this problem on mine. I really haven’t had any problems other than the very occasional failed startup.

#3881 1 year ago

Mine would freeze. I ended up having to buy the CPU board
In the back box.

#3882 1 year ago

Joined the club over the weekend, has just over 300 plays and it’s in effect shape. Any mode worth doing on this machine. It has stern side blades, shaker, knocker kit, and the insider connect (that I plan to remove and sell) thinking about looking for the stern shooter rod, side armor and the pinnovators headphone kit with the master volume control.

D4ED9864-55A1-4531-BFE3-E0225B24A6EA (resized).jpegD4ED9864-55A1-4531-BFE3-E0225B24A6EA (resized).jpeg
#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Joined the club over the weekend, has just over 300 plays and it’s in effect shape. Any mode worth doing on this machine. It has stern side blades, shaker, knocker kit, and the insider connect (that I plan to remove and sell) thinking about looking for the stern shooter rod, side armor and the pinnovators headphone kit with the master volume control.
[quoted image]

I like the wizmod speaker panel cover and a subwoofer output

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

[quoted image]

I really like the rat head mod that goes over the far right lane that The Modfather makes. It's eyes light up and fits perfectly with the theme and gives you a nice thing to shoot at. Check out his web site.

#3885 1 year ago

Aerosmith has the most beautiful art of any modern Stern - one reason it’s hard for me to think of letting it go. I kinda feel like the bolt-on mods take your attention away from that.

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

I like the wizmod speaker panel cover and a subwoofer output

I like this too. Also there's a nice dice shooter rod.

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Aerosmith has the most beautiful art of any modern Stern - one reason it’s hard for me to think of letting it go. I kinda feel like the bolt-on mods take your attention away from that.

What Aerosmith has going for it too, is the rules are pretty straightforward.

Sometimes I just want to play a game without having to think about how to attack the game via the rules.

#3888 1 year ago

The Dirty Donny art blades are pretty cool, I posted pics earlier:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/70#post-6357844

#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What Aerosmith has going for it too, is the rules are pretty straightforward.

Sometimes I just want to play a game without having to think about how to attack the game via the rules.

And that makes it so great for beginners. "Hit lit shots" is such a pinball trope, but hitting lit shots in Godzilla or Jurassic Park is still complicated to explain to someone. "hit lit shots" in Aerosmith makes a ton of sense. Plus, they love the toybox.

and yes, the art is amazing and those official side art blades may be the best Stern has ever done.

#3890 1 year ago

Those are the ones in my machine, I really like those as well

#3891 1 year ago

Do you take the playfield out to put the blades in?

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

No, but it would be much easier if I did. I clamp the decal in place, then work my way from the front to the back.

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No, but it would be much easier if I did. I clamp the decal in place, then work my way from the front to the back.

With the spike games, it’s 3 plugs and the playfield cokes right out.

#3894 1 year ago

A pair of finger cymbals on post extenders. They go ching.

16788446504267669129476872525172 (resized).jpg16788446504267669129476872525172 (resized).jpg
#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

[quoted image]

What happened to your post rubbers?

#3896 1 year ago

I have a Halloween and I will say I'm not a great player but I enjoy playing pinball. I have such a hard time completing modes in Halloween and my wife struggles with Halloween. I feel disappointed because with Halloween because its difficult to make all the shots. Aerosmith is such a fun game and I played 10 games last week. The light show with modes Jakie talking smack and elevator maltiball. This pin puts a smile on my face.

#3897 1 year ago

Aerosmith pro may well be the most underrated pinball in the top 100
Fun modes, great flow and the coolest toy/feature ever
Such an enjoyable game

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

What happened to your post rubbers?

I took them off for louder chings and easier ramp but the balls are scuffing up so I better put them back on and chuck some new balls in.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've done it both ways. It is easy to remove the playfield but it is also fine to do it without removing the playfield. The Stern side blades can be moved/removed easily and repositioned if necessary.

I highly recommend using RapidTac (or just water & dish soap) regardless of which method you choose.
https://www.amazon.com/RAPID-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RMC8J6

A few sprays of that and you can slide the decal around to get it perfectly positioned.

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

These look great. Could you share links to what you purchased?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.