20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some songs and icons I changed for a fellow pinsider. Custom work available if you really need a certain song(s) on the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

seasons of wither and sos are killer, love to have that on my game, instead of this newer crap.

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got my cliffys, anyone have instructions on how to get the large cliffy under the right metal guide? Right ramp need to be removed?

Post a pic of the area.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Post a pic of the area.

Figured it out, There are two screws behind right ramp, one kind of hidden. Remove and you can slide over just enough.

#3804 1 year ago

I'm having a problem I hope y'all can help me with.
My Aerosmith occasionally locks up. The back box screen either goes black, displays only what is on there when it locks, or displays a static image with lines. The lower playfield goes black except I can see the little red opto lights. The flippers stop working. It will work properly upon reset. The back box CPU board appears to work correctly, at least the proper lights are flashing or solid green or red .
Any ideas what to look for?

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My Aerosmith occasionally locks up. The back box screen either goes black, displays only what is on there when it locks, or displays a static image with lines. The lower playfield goes black except I can see the little red opto lights. The flippers stop working. It will work properly upon reset. The back box CPU board appears to work correctly, at least the proper lights are flashing or solid green or red .

I’d start by checking the power supply voltages. It wouldn’t hurt to replace the SD card, if you haven’t done that. I had an issue on my AS that was caused by corrupted code on the SD card. My AS has a problem I haven’t spent much time on: about every 20 times I power up my row of Sterns, AS doesn't boot. But it boots up fine on restart. I haven’t had any in-game problems so I’ve put it on the back burner for now while working on my other games.

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Do a new code update (even if you already have the latest).

If that doesn't work, follow swamp's advice in getting a new card.

#3807 1 year ago

I just did the update today. I have a spare SD card I switched before but it didn't seem to help. I swapped the power supply from a DP and though seeming identical I got node errors so I guess it has to be configured for a certain game . The capacitors on the power board checked out OK. Thanks for the ideas. I hate intermittent problems.

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just did the update today. I have a spare SD card I switched before but it didn't seem to help. I swapped the power supply from a DP and though seeming identical I got node errors so I guess it has to be configured for a certain game . The capacitors on the power board checked out OK. Thanks for the ideas. I hate intermittent problems.

As long as both power supplies were the RSP500-48, they should work fine. It's a dumb power supply - no customization, it just needs to output a steady 48v for the machine. If your Aerosmith was a Pro, they it probably had the 300W power supply in it that Stern used to use in their Pros, but even then putting in a 500W RSP500-48 would still work, it would just be more heavy duty.

What were the node errors you got? Did you take pictures?

1 month later
#3809 1 year ago

Here's the Cointaker backbox light of anyone's interested.
I had to get it as my Stern original crapped out. These are custom made for each pin. The lights will kind of chase and you can vary the speed. Or you can leave it static. The lights do a good job of highlighting areas such as the purple - blue of the sides

PXL_20221125_133701096 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133701096 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133817823 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_133817823 (resized).jpg
#3810 1 year ago

What was the cost?

#3811 1 year ago

I think I paid about $120 but it's been a few years ago. I do not see them listed now but contact Cointaker if interested.

#3812 1 year ago

My Aero like to reboot.
Maybe I need to leave it on longer to 'warm up'.
Using the last code as I don't use inside connect.
Anyone else getting weird re boots
Looking for a root cause.

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

My Aero like to reboot.

Verify you are running version 1.12. V1.11 has a known reset potential.

#3814 1 year ago

Went and saw Aerosmith in concert in Las Vegas on Wed, Nov 23rd. They sounded great and the place was packed. I noticed 4 Aerosmith pins on the stage. After the show, Joe Perry stayed on stage and was playing pinball. I sure do miss my Aerosmith game.

#3815 1 year ago

Curious if anyone here has a set of Aerosmith Pro Cliffy protectors for sale? I know frequently people buy them and never install... just thought I'd check before I get on his wait list for a set.

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

My Aero like to reboot.

Put newest code on flash drive and install. I had that problem when putting on insider connected. New code fixed

#3817 1 year ago

I finally found my freezing problem. After swapping a few of the cheaper boards, power supplies, etc., I swapped the CPU with my Deadpool CPU which changed the problem to DP. I found a board at Cointaker which is 1k but I'm glad to fine one at any price. Thanks for your help!

#3818 1 year ago

Hi fellow fans of this great game. I adjusted the power of the various eject holes and now I'm having a prob with the launch to the toybox, ie its intermittently not launching at all, not kicking out during ball search and saying 'right eject malfunction' . I've tried reseating all the plugs so I thought I might install the latest update to see if that helps. I don't have a Stern Insider setup though. Should I try still putting in the latest update?

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hi fellow fans of this great game. I adjusted the power of the various eject holes and now I'm having a prob with the launch to the toybox, ie its intermittently not launching at all, not kicking out during ball search and saying 'right eject malfunction' . I've tried reseating all the plugs so I thought I might install the latest update to see if that helps. I don't have a Stern Insider setup though. Should I try still putting in the latest update?

Can't you just go in settings and do a "Factory Reset". Before trying to update to the newest code, that's mostly for the IC.

#3820 1 year ago

Thanks Spiderpin. I don't know where to find factory reset so I changed all the launch powers back to factory and IT WORKED! A couple of games and no probs. In the meantime I did download the latest code. Is it worth installing do you think?

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Thanks Spiderpin. I don't know where to find factory reset so I changed all the launch powers back to factory and IT WORKED! A couple of games and no probs. In the meantime I did download the latest code. Is it worth installing do you think?

I only downloaded and updated for the Insider Connect.

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Go in coil test and fire that coil maybe 20 times just to make sure the coil isn't flakey. It's probably the "ball on" switch which you can see sticking out of the squarish hole.
Put game in switch test and press that switch with your finger to make sure it's working. If so just bend that copper tab towards the ceiling a little bit then place a ball on the launch pad in the switch test to make sure it's registering properly.

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Go in coil test and fire that coil maybe 20 times just to make sure the coil isn't flakey. It's probably the "ball on" switch which you can see sticking out of the squarish hole.
Put game in switch test and press that switch with your finger to make sure it's working. If so just bend that copper tab towards the ceiling a little bit then place a ball on the launch pad in the switch test to make sure it's registering properly.

Just tried that and all seems ok. Thanks for the good advice.

#3824 1 year ago

Just picked up an Aerosmith Pro and love it. I've been searching for quite a while. Now, to start making improvements!!! I'm not a fan of the clear LED's, so going to replace GI with Frosted White LED's.

The code was one revision behind and update to the latest. I really like the DJ Mixer, but how do you "ADD" more Aerosmith songs to pin?, for use with DJ Mixer. Hope I'm saying that right.

Thanks in advance for any insights/help.
Bfrosty

#3825 1 year ago

Get the shaker motor and art blades.
Set up 4 paint cans and set up your playfield stand. Use two people, I found a plastic drywall smoother helped with the application.
Went on pretty easily.
Shaker is the capacitor kit and the shaker plugs into the node board in the bottom right.
I bought the full spectrum of plastic protectors after seeing the flying balls.

#3826 1 year ago

Check out Wizard mods speaker cover. Also the Run-DMC
version of "Walk this way" is nice.

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

There appears to be a bug in the code. A while back I adjusted the power to the kicker that launches balls to the toy box.

It screwed up the game after making any change in power. Leave it default.

#3828 1 year ago

I'm back in the saddle again! Poor thing was in storage for a bit. Updated the code, did some under cab lights, dice shooter rod, installed a topper I recently picked up, and a good cleaning. The Christmas tree and fireplace needed something in front of it to make it feel more like the holidays... and I think I found it!

52579942021_7bf0181eba_o (resized).jpg52579942021_7bf0181eba_o (resized).jpg

52560770628_14641ad032_4k (resized).jpg52560770628_14641ad032_4k (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3829 1 year ago

Anyone have issues with the right orbit spinner registering? Mine seems to work intermittently. I checked in switch test mode get nothing out of it but in game from time to time it will work. Connections seem fine. Wires look ok. I also wasn't able to find a new switch on Marco's site. I was just going to change the switch out and see if that helps. I've never really ran into a micro switch working intermittently before that's why I wanted to ask here first. Newest game code is on the game as well. Thanks.

#3830 1 year ago

Yes most likely the switch. A spinning can register 200 hits or more a game as to a outlane being 3 a game. I've had to replace a outlane switch before. Not sure of part # but Pinball Life may have just the switch.

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes most likely the switch. A spinning can register 200 hits or more a game as to a outlane being 3 a game. I've had to replace a outlane switch before. Not sure of part # but Pinball Life may have just the switch.

Found it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5010-04.html

#3832 1 year ago

Thanks just ordered one! Sucks shipping is so high. $14. bucks shipping on a $5.45 switch but it was still cheaper than Marco. Always happens when I don't need anything else as well. At least my spinner will be working again..

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Anyone have issues with the right orbit spinner registering? Mine seems to work intermittently.

Yes…but I would suggest adjusting before replacing. They don’t fail too often and when you install a new one you will probably have to do the same adjustment process anyway…

Step 1 - press the switch a bunch of times by hand in case it is sticking a little.

Step 2 - Actuate the switch by hand and see where it clicks. Then rotate the spinner by hand and see if every rotation results in a click - it probably won’t.

Bend the switch arm to get a better/further actuation of the switch. This is best done with a leaf adjustment tool (https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html) but can be done by hand or with needle nose pliers. When every rotation results in a click, you’re set.

Step 3 - you should be good, but you can also validate in switch test mode

Step 4 - add a drop of lubricant and you will be spinning for days. https://www.grainger.com/product/MARKAL-Machine-Oil-Mineral-4NA76 (Lots of options but this one is used by many and has a very thin spout that can get just a bit on the spinner axis.

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes…but I would suggest adjusting before replacing. They don’t fail too often and when you install a new one you will probably have to do the same adjustment process anyway…
Step 1 - press the switch a bunch of times by hand in case it is sticking a little.
Step 2 - Actuate the switch by hand and see where it clicks. Then rotate the spinner by hand and see if every rotation results in a click - it probably won’t.
Bend the switch arm to get a better/further actuation of the switch. This is best done with a leaf adjustment tool (https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html) but can be done by hand or with needle nose pliers. When every rotation results in a click, you’re set.
Step 3 - you should be good, but you can also validate in switch test mode
Step 4 - add a drop of lubricant and you will be spinning for days. https://www.grainger.com/product/MARKAL-Machine-Oil-Mineral-4NA76 (Lots of options but this one is used by many and has a very thin spout that can get just a bit on the spinner axis.

I actually did all that. I didn't believe a micro switch could be so intermittent. I can hear it clicking each time I manually press and or spin it by hand. The only thing I didn't do was step 5. Well I have the switch on the way already so we'll see what happens! Thanks for the tips.

#3835 1 year ago

I’d love to see an optical spinner retrofitted to this game.

#3836 1 year ago

Well, I fixed my spinner micro switch the other day. First time I shot the ball up there it worked as it should, made the sound, the flasher flashed and then it stopped working. I played about a dozen more games spinner not working. I started looking around to see if there was actually a mode to activate the spinner in game play. So a day later the machine is on just sitting there in attract mode and I look over and see the lower half of the PF is out and node 8 error up on the screen. Other than the spinner I did add a shaker motor not long ago I was reading vibrations alone can take out these node boards? Is that true?
What should my next trouble steps be? Who sells these boards? Any idea what typically goes bad on these node boards maybe I can repair this one. So as for now, no more Aerosmith for me Thanks!

52614845957_b0f0b1a66a_c (resized).jpg52614845957_b0f0b1a66a_c (resized).jpg52615615964_0de3c7fc8c_c (resized).jpg52615615964_0de3c7fc8c_c (resized).jpg52615615984_5483bde9fc_c (resized).jpg52615615984_5483bde9fc_c (resized).jpg52615845478_757e671078_c (resized).jpg52615845478_757e671078_c (resized).jpg52615845493_ae71e16f55_c (resized).jpg52615845493_ae71e16f55_c (resized).jpg
#3837 1 year ago

I doubt you lost 3 boards at one time. More likely a cable needs to be reseated. I'd start at the CPU.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I doubt you lost 3 boards at one time. More likely a cable needs to be reseated. I'd start at the CPU.

Node boards are new to me but it's just saying 8? Does that mean all the others like 8a 8b etc are included in that? I did reseat all the network cables on the main board and other boards.

#3839 1 year ago

Here's the plug from the 48v driver board that controls the lower playfield. . Make sure it's plugged in and you see the red light on the board. Here's also a shot of my playfield with that plug unplugged.

PXL_20230109_003947784 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_003947784 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_004033564~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_004033564~2 (resized).jpg
#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's the plug from the 48v driver board that controls the lower playfield. . Make sure it's plugged in and you see the red light on the board. Here's also a shot of my playfield with that plug unplugged.
[quoted image][quoted image]

While I'm one of those guys I never believe something is that easy of a fix... I sure hope it is and I'll buy you a beer if it is! I just looked at some pics of the underneath of my PF and I'm sure I missed that plug as my harness is covering it. Currently at work but as soon as I get home I'll reseat those and post my results. Thanks!

#3841 1 year ago

I believe it's that plug but it could be the other end of that wire as well so you may have trace it. Good Luck!

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I believe it's that plug but it could be the other end of that wire as well so you may have trace it. Good Luck!

Re-seated all of the network cables.. still nothing. I'll have to get my meter and poke around for voltage

#3843 1 year ago

Reseat cable marked at node 8 or switch to empty slot. Is node board #8 showing a red, green, and flickering yellow light? (Node 8 is nearest trough or upper left with playfield raised.)

PXL_20230109_201120951.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230109_201120951.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpg

#3844 1 year ago

48v driver board should also have red, green, flickering yellow. 48v driver board is centermost rectangular board

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Reseat cable marked at node 8 or switch to empty slot. Is node board #8 showing a red, green, and flickering yellow light? (Node 8 is nearest trough or upper left with playfield raised.)
[quoted image]

I'll try to move it to that empty slot. All I have is a steady red light on that board currently.

52615615984_5483bde9fc_c (resized).jpg52615615984_5483bde9fc_c (resized).jpg
#3846 1 year ago

If your 48v board shows red, green, yellow but node #8 only shows red your #8 might be bad. You can Google 520-7017-72 to get a new one.

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If your 48v board shows red, green, yellow but node #8 only shows red your #8 might be bad. You can Google 520-7017-72 to get a new one.

I'm going to pull that board and get it on the bench.

#3848 1 year ago

I'm going from memory but I think my #8 on my GB went bad a few years ago and several other owners had trouble too. A component on the board was subject to vibration and eventually failed. My new board had a vibration damper on that component. I got my AS and GB within 2 weeks of each other so they may have used the same board.

#3849 1 year ago

From the schematics of that node board
When only the RED Led is lit on the node 8 board.

48V present, no 6V: node bus is powered off by CPU, node bus cable is unplugged, or 6V supply is overloaded (shorted) or damaged

In my case I could measure a short on the 5V supply , which is actually fed from the 6V 2A supply on that board.
I went no further since I was supplied a new board by the Distributor.

#3850 1 year ago

Thanks for the input guys! Every little bit helps! I'd read up on that vibration issue. Amazes me how with today's technology, a component can go bad from vibration! It also makes sense I literally added a shaker motor about a month ago to it! I pulled the board going to do more testing I'll let you guys know what I find!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.