20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry, don't know who that is.

He is probably the biggest personality in pinball streaming and was one of the first bing pinball streamers. Does a lot of work/partnership with Stern for game reveals, commentating, etc.

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip

1 week later
#3602 2 years ago

Question about the rules that I can't seem to find an answer to: it seems to me that after the first toybox ball is locked, sometimes the lock remains lit, other times you have to re-activate it with the relevant shot. I swear it feels random, but surely there's a single target that maintains the lock? The times it's remained lit, when you hone that skill shot and repeatedly lock balls it's nice

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Question about the rules that I can't seem to find an answer to: it seems to me that after the first toybox ball is locked, sometimes the lock remains lit, other times you have to re-activate it with the relevant shot. I swear it feels random, but surely there's a single target that maintains the lock? The times it's remained lit, when you hone that skill shot and repeatedly lock balls it's nice

Every time you hit the toybox, one of the numbers in front of the toybox (1-6) will start flashing. A flashing number means the lock shot is ready to be hit (and the the lock light is also flashing). A solid number means that ball has already been locked.

For example, if 1 & 2 are solid, 3-5 are flashing, and 6 is not lit, that means there are two balls in the box, you are set to lock three more, but if you want to light the lock for the sixth, you'll need to hit the toybox again.

Note: this changes slightly after your first toys in the attic multiball

Does that help?

#3604 2 years ago

I would only add the "Toys" light must be flashing otherwise hitting the toybox will not make the 1 to 6 light start flashing.

#3605 2 years ago

Ah perfect, yes massive help. So each toy box hit loads up another lock 'in waiting'?

#3606 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ah perfect, yes massive help. So each toy box hit loads up another lock 'in waiting'?

Yes, as long as Toys is lit. Then when you hit the right scoop it goes into the toybox. Get 3 in the toybox and you get option of multiball then or delay for more multiball balls. My strategy is to delay multiball if you're shooting ball from trough #1 or #2. Take multiball if on ball #3 (if your machine is set to 3 ball game). Also, try to get "Sweet Emotion" almost finished, get multiball started, score big points as "Super Scoring" lights at end of "Sweet Emotion"

#3607 2 years ago

Thanks for that. Yeah I've noticed a huge improvement in my scores if I hold out for 6-ball multi, even though I find 3-4 ball is far more manageable in terms of play! And that's why if I can pre-light all 6 balls, I'm usually better at getting the skill shot than hitting the lock once in play.

#3608 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Thanks for that. Yeah I've noticed a huge improvement in my scores if I hold out for 6-ball multi, even though I find 3-4 ball is far more manageable in terms of play! And that's why if I can pre-light all 6 balls, I'm usually better at getting the skill shot than hitting the lock once in play.

You should really only play a 3 or 6 ball multiball. In 3, 4, and 5 ball play the scoring is the same and you are just dealing with more balls in play which usually means balls crashing into each other more often.

However, playing a 6 ball multiball is worth the risk because all jackpots are doubled. Then you lock a ball or 2 in the trunk for 2x or 3x scoring and you will instantly blow the game up.

#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You should really only play a 3 or 6 ball multiball. In 3, 4, and 5 ball play the scoring is the same and you are just dealing with more balls in play which usually means balls crashing into each other more often.
However, playing a 6 ball multiball is worth the risk because all jackpots are doubled. Then you lock a ball or 2 in the trunk for 2x or 3x scoring and you will instantly blow the game up.

Thanks! I didn't know that.

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

I seemed to have solved my elevator issue and it ended up being the simplest fix of all... machine wasn't level left-to-right. I used the pinguy app to get the level perfect and now it's going to the left flipper reliably.

So if you're getting SDTM kickouts, give that a try.

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I seemed to have solved my elevator issue and it ended up being the simplest fix of all... machine wasn't level left-to-right. I used the pinguy app to get the level perfect and now it's going to the left flipper reliably.
So if you're getting SDTM kickouts, give that a try.

The same happened with me. My EHOH was shooting SDTM. I tried different things then noticed one of my coaster type carpet protectors had slipped from under one leg . I felt a little dumb but it fixed it.

1 week later
#3612 2 years ago

Howdy! I just noticed all the want ads for AS. Maybe this pin is finally getting the attention it deserves. Also I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the AS live SD card. I'd like for "Walk this way" to be a bit louder (this song needs to crank!). Otherwise it'd be nice to be a bit cheaper and it would sell a lot better. But overall, a nice addition to an already great pin.

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:Howdy! I just noticed all the want ads for AS. Maybe this pin is finally getting the attention it deserves. Also I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the AS live SD card. I'd like for "Walk this way" to be a bit louder (this song needs to crank!). Otherwise it'd be nice to be a bit cheaper and it would sell a lot better. But overall, a nice addition to an already great pin.

I can make it louder. Which version? Aerosmith or Run DMC?

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can make it louder. Which version? Aerosmith or Run DMC?

Run DMC. It's just that other songs like Elevator are at a nice volume but Walk is a bit weak. When you get Walk balanced Elevator is too loud. It just needs to be balanced a bit if you can do that.

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Run DMC. It's just that other songs like Elevator are at a nice volume but Walk is a bit weak. When you get Walk balanced Elevator is too loud. It just needs to be balanced a bit if you can do that.

Sure can!

#3616 2 years ago

Great! I really like the concert footage. It really adds to the game.

#3617 2 years ago

Howdy! I just got the new SD card with louder DMC Walk this Way. It sounds way better now. Thanks Rick!

#3618 2 years ago

Are the live videos smooth or choppy with the live video mod for AS? Any bugs/glitches or random system reboots? Thinking about doing this with my LE. Already have Pinwoofer and the cartoon animations never did much for me.

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Are the live videos smooth or choppy with the live video mod for AS? Any bugs/glitches or random system reboots? Thinking about doing this with my LE. Already have Pinwoofer and the cartoon animations never did much for me.

You can watch the links I've posted of entire games being played. Never a system reboot.

2 weeks later
#3620 2 years ago

Just did a automotive wrap job in Flip flop blue/ purple And I really like it

IMG_20210924_151643 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_151643 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_151704 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_151704 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_155159 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_155159 (resized).jpg
#3621 2 years ago

Legs done to

IMG_20210926_171305 (resized).jpgIMG_20210926_171305 (resized).jpgIMG_20210926_171308 (resized).jpgIMG_20210926_171308 (resized).jpg
#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from cabrioletsch:

Legs done to
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good, you're going to give powercoat a run for the money. Got me looking on Amazon now. Some how I'm thinking I'll see a Coin door for your next post.

#3623 2 years ago
Quoted from cabrioletsch:

Just did a automotive wrap job in Flip flop blue/ purple And I really like it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks bad a**! Got me youtubing automotive wrapping as well.

#3624 2 years ago

Mint. Even did the bolt heads! Awesome.

#3625 2 years ago

And the best thing .if the new owner doesn't like it .its totaly reversible. And no damage.

Coindoor is stil An option. But maybe a bit much?

1 week later
#3626 2 years ago

Can someone confirm the files that need to be on USB when updating the code? I am trying to change some of the music with Pinball Browser.

I included these files on the USB and code was updated but music remained unchanged. Thanks for the help!

AE104C6B-FCCA-48B4-A849-637A573A9F5F (resized).pngAE104C6B-FCCA-48B4-A849-637A573A9F5F (resized).png
1 week later
#3627 2 years ago

my Aerosmith with inside art and modified lighting.

3C351878-B517-4D9E-98A2-D126606AAFC8 (resized).jpeg3C351878-B517-4D9E-98A2-D126606AAFC8 (resized).jpeg
#3628 2 years ago

That looks amazing. Aerosmith sure is a good looking machine and Donny an awesome pinball artist.

#3629 2 years ago

Saw this on YouTube... Pretty cool topper!!

#3630 2 years ago

That topper needs the custom video code along with it for sure.

#3631 2 years ago

I like that topper....

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from K-27:

I replaced all the backboard lights with flex RGBs from comet(pointed down) to provide a similar effect.

#3633 2 years ago
Quoted from K-27:

I think they want $2k or something stupid.

#3634 2 years ago

Saw the topper video.
Meh

Not for me.

#3635 2 years ago

So was able to add a few songs with Pinball Browser. Think it turned out great. Added What it Takes, Dream On and The Other Side. Also replaced the Toys multiball with Cryin.

If anyone wants to try it in their game, send me a PM. Note it has to be loaded on an SD Card and you have to know how to use Etcher to copy the file onto the SD card. It will also erase all of your high scores and settings back to factory.

#3636 2 years ago

How hard is pinball browser to work with? I'd like to replace Rats, Saddle and Same Old Song.

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How hard is pinball browser to work with? I'd like to replace Rats, Saddle and Same Old Song.

Firstly, you have to pay a small fee to purchase pinball browser. Well worth it if you want to change songs on any Stern game. You will need an SD card to replace the songs on the original SD card. It is better to use a new SD card, so you always have the original, if you ever want to go back to how it came from the factory.

Unlike some of the Stern games, to make the changes with PB on Aerosmith it can't be done with a USB, it has to be with an SD card. It is not difficult, once you get use to it. You need to use a couple free online software programs as well. Audacity to make the WAV files and a program called Etcher to burn the SD card (Etcher link is direct from the Stern site).

Steps:

- download SD file from the Stern site, unzip it.
- open PB and load the unzipped SD file
- go to the song you want to replace in PB and identify the exact length of the song (should be in brackets)
- create a new WAV file in Audacity that is the exact length as the original song you are replacing (to the millisecond). The songs have to be the same length. This may require cutting the song a little short.
- import the new WAV files to replace the songs in PB
- copy the new SD file to the SD card with Etcher.
- insert the new SD card in the game and turn on the game. Usually loads the new files within a few seconds, doesn't take very long.

Sometimes you have to play around with the volume of the new inserted songs to make sure they sound ok relative to the other sounds in the game.

If you have to make any changes to the new SD card once you try it the first time, I found the card usually got messed up with the total memory on the card getting reduced greatly. So you had to follow the steps in this video to reset the total memory on the SD card back to the original memory size. I was using 32GB SD card with my game and it worked fine. Just make sure the speed is 10, as indicated on the front of the card.

See the (10 on this card as an example of the speed. I think they have to match (so I was told).
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This video is also helpful as it explains the code change process for an SD card Stern game. But it doesn't get into Pinball Browser and changing any songs:

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So was able to add a few songs with Pinball Browser. Think it turned out great. Added What it Takes, Dream On and The Other Side. Also replaced the Toys multiball with Cryin.
If anyone wants to try it in their game, send me a PM. Note it has to be loaded on an SD Card and you have to know how to use Etcher to copy the file onto the SD card. It will also erase all of your high scores and settings back to factory.

Thank you for this effort @pinballjah!
Uploaded and sounds great - so good to hear Dream On and the other tracks in the pin!

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thank you for this effort pinballjah!
Uploaded fine and sounds great - so good to hear Dream On and other tracks in the pin!

Sure, glad it worked fine. If anyone else wants to try it, just send me your email address and I can send you the link on Google drive.

If anyone can share some video footage, I can try to add it to the game as well. Thanks.

#3640 2 years ago

Good news for those that care about Insider Connected. Aerosmith is on the floor at Expo and now the full list of achievements is available.

Achievements:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/115/achievements

Expo Pics:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/31#post-6572199

I can already see how this will change my gameplay and make me a better player. Instead of stepping up and trying to get to Medley Multiball every time, I'll focus on accomplishing some of the harder achievements.

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Good news for those that care about Insider Connected. Aerosmith is on the floor at Expo and now the full list of achievements is available.
Achievements:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/115/achievements
Expo Pics:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/31#post-6572199
I can already see how this will change my gameplay and make me a better player. Instead of stepping up and trying to get to Medley Multiball every time, I'll focus on accomplishing some of the harder achievements.

Aerosmith is included under the applicable games, which is great.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/compatible-games

#3642 2 years ago

Another happy Wizard Mod purchaser, the magnetic grill cover looks amazing! I really hate the plain speaker grill on these newer Stern games.

2D4F28F5-2431-450B-871C-93B94CC56EA1 (resized).jpeg2D4F28F5-2431-450B-871C-93B94CC56EA1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3643 2 years ago

Having an issue with the toy box. Does not seem to activate during game play. Any suggestions on things to check? I checked coil test #11 and top box lid opens and for coil test #12 toy box lid hold, it seems to shake but lid does not lift. Should the lid stay up on coil test #12? It doesn't seem to get any indication from the sensor during game play. The toy box is activated and not turned off. Thanks for your help!

#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Having an issue with the toy box.

There is a connector under the box. Difficult to reseat. Needs some push. That would be my tip for you.

#3645 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

There is a connector under the box. Difficult to reseat. Needs some push. That would be my tip for you.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure what connector it was exactly, but I pushed a bunch in and now it is back to working again. Appreciate the help.

#3646 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been discussed before but is it worth it to use Ninja balls in this game with it's very powerful magnet? https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

Says they could (will?) become magnetized after only a few plays. Has anyone here used the Polaris carbon pinballs? Thoughts? Suggestions? Leaning towards just using the Carbon ones to replace the stock Stern balls in this game, BKSOR and IM. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#3647 2 years ago
Quoted from Toddolie:

Has anyone here used the Polaris carbon pinballs? Thoughts? Suggestions? Leaning towards just using the Carbon ones to replace the stock Stern balls in this game, BKSOR and IM. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

These are what I've used in my AS from day one -- never even opened up the Stern balls. The Polaris balls work great, no magnetizing issues with them.

#3648 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn on the coindoor ball saver on AS?

Manual says adjustment 51...but it doesn't match the software...

IMG_2513 (resized).PNGIMG_2513 (resized).PNGIMG_2514 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does anyone know how to turn on the coindoor ball saver on AS?
Manual says adjustment 51...but it doesn't match the software...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, funny thing about that…. No coin door switch.

Aerosmith doesn’t have a coindoor interlock switch (at least not the pro, no idea for other models). So the game doesn’t know when the coindoor is open. They removed the setting because it became useless due to the physical design.

So if you open the door while playing… nothing happens. The game doesn’t know it and keeps playing normally. No coils disable.

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Aerosmith doesn’t have a coindoor interlock switch (at least not the pro, no idea for other models).

Well that answers it! Thanks. Any idea why?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/73?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.