20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 82.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve heard people say that.
Personally, if I never heard another screech or knock in my home, I’d be a happy man. In fact, knockers are always a good source of coils if I’m in a bind. Lol!
I do love to get the knocks on location though. Free game!
rd

You too huh?

I just repaired a No Fear in the wild thanks to that knocker coil! (needed for the kickback)

#3552 2 years ago

I love the bell on my sorcerer going off in combo with the triple knocker for Grand Champion.

Trouble is, if i want to hear it again now i have to beat Peter Watt's score

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You too huh?
I just repaired a No Fear in the wild thanks to that knocker coil! (needed for the kickback)

Half the games I buy have had the knocker coils “borrowed”.

Quoted from punkin:

Trouble is, if i want to hear it again now i have to beat Peter Watt's score

Good luck with that!

rd

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Half the games I buy have had the knocker coils “borrowed”.

Good luck with that!
rd

I was a bit lucky, as he was explaining it would only go up to 9,999,990 and 'lets see if we can do that', he lost his last ball, so it's just under 8. I have a chance, but a good game for me is 3 and i think my high score is just over 4.

Was double lucky as Edy Stevens was up a bit later but the spinner had stopped scoring so it fucked his plans up.

#3555 2 years ago

My custom video code is finally completed for the Premium and Limited Edition. Message me if interested in this for any model.

*Note: Same Old Song and Dance & Rats in The Cellar remain the stock animation videos. Replacing those videos causes stuttering and game slow down on occasion due to the animated overlays displayed during those songs. I can provide an SD card replacing all videos, with the caveats I mentioned.

Long video showing the different video changes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5

This one shows the current Back in the Saddle video. The link above shows a prior version at the end of the clip. This video also shows the the choice of Run DMC's Walk This Way video as an option versus the live Aerosmith version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

#3556 2 years ago

rotordave - How do you like Aerosmith vs Iron Maiden? I am a huge aerosmith fan (of the band) and couldn't care less about iron maiden...but I played an IM premium the other day and can't stop thinking about it...

I have an AS Pro but really want the ramp that lifts up on the IM premium

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My custom video code is finally completed for the Premium and Limited Edition. Message me if interested in this for any model.
*Note: Same Old Song and Dance & Rats in The Cellar remain the stock animation videos. Replacing those videos causes stuttering and game slow down on occasion due to the animated overlays displayed during those songs. I can provide an SD card replacing all videos, with the caveats I mentioned.
This one shows the current Back in the Saddle video. The link above shows a prior version at the end of the clip. This video also shows the the choice of Run DMC's Walk This Way video as an option versus the live Aerosmith version.

Will this work on the pro? I like what you've done!

#3558 2 years ago

Iron Maiden is a great shooter however the theme is a game killer for me. Sold my Maiden LE and just recently bought another Aerosmith LE. I love this game. I just requested a new code update from PoMC and I think this will be an absolute game changer for this pin. Original cartoon animations held this game back. With this new code I believe the game will be amazing! I will post my review of this code update when I receive it. Love RUN DMC and Aerosmith together. Walk this way new mode will be epic!

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Will this work on the pro? I like what you've done!

Yes indeed and thanks!

#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have done dozens of orchestrations on Pinsound for other pinball owners and never charged a fee.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have done dozens of orchestrations on Pinsound for other pinball owners and never charged a fee.

What's the fee?

#3563 2 years ago

Incorrect. Anyone interested can contact me for info.

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That was the price you gave me. If you charged $30-$50, you would sell a lot more.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That was the price you gave me. If you charged $30-$50, you would sell a lot more.

Things changed since. Anyone wanting info, please contact me via PM.

#3566 2 years ago

Countless hours go into making these updates. Weeks or months of work. People should not feel bad if someone wants to get compensated for their time. Pretty sure its considered a donation by the way.

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Original cartoon animations held this game back

I’m probably in the minority, but I love the animations. I’m pretty sure that Dirty Donny Gilles did the artwork for them, or if he didn’t someone at Stern is very talented at mimicking his style.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m probably in the minority, but I love the animations. I’m pretty sure that Dirty Donny Gilles did the artwork for them, or if he didn’t someone at Stern is very talented at mimicking his style.

I think the game is great. The animations are well done from the factory and in this new code you will still have some of those animations. In pinball we have seen bad animations and this pin is definitely not that. However I do like real concert/music video assets in a music pin.

#3569 2 years ago

It’s great to have 2 good choices, for sure.

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

rotordave - How do you like Aerosmith vs Iron Maiden?
I have an AS Pro but really want the ramp that lifts up on the IM premium

Both good games. Both have their place in a collection.

I have Maiden Pro. Same gameplay.

rd

#3571 2 years ago

He quoted me $175 which is still about $150 too much. He warned me he was going to up it to $250 later.

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Iron Maiden is a great shooter however the theme is a game killer for me. Sold my Maiden LE and just recently bought another Aerosmith LE. I love this game.

That's what I was afraid of...

Quoted from rotordave:

Both good games. Both have their place in a collection.

I have Maiden Pro. Same gameplay.

Well not all of our collections are rotordave size

But if I don't really need a premium, then it's more of an even trade for my AS Pro...which puts me in an even harder spot!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

He quoted me $175 which is still about $150 too much. He warned me he was going to up it to $250 later.

Well that sucks. Good thing I like the cartoons, lol.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well that sucks.

He's upfront with the price so you can pay it or not. I ordered one today and I'll let you know if it's worth it after install. I will say he was nice to work with and shipped same day.

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

He's upfront with the price so you can pay it or not. I ordered one today and I'll let you know if it's worth it after install. I will say he was nice to work with and shipped same day.

Just seems wrong, given that the lion’s share of the work was done by Oga when he did the Pinball Browser. I’m sure this wasn’t what Oga had in mind, and it feels like a slippery slope from here to a complete Stern lockout of Pinball Browser -based images.

#3576 2 years ago

I have had other custom code installed in my games. I have always chose to donate. I encourage people to push the limits and keep trying to make previous games better.

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Well not all of our collections are rotordave size

True.

But Maiden and AS are totally different, so they’d sit nicely side by side even in a 2 pin collection.

AS has the classic Lonnie type ruleset … combo multipliers, shot multipliers. Stack a multiball with a mode and go for it.

Maiden has a more complex, deeper ruleset, but easy enough for even a newby to understand most of it.

As long as you like rock music, that’d be a great pair of pins to own.

rd

#3578 2 years ago

+1 for rotordave's take. Had both ,liked both traded Imdn for JP and AS for Stranger Things. All great games.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Agree, the animations suit the game and it's not like you're really seeing them much anyway. I recently got Pinball Browser to change some of the music (firstly the RunDMC version of Walk This Way) and it takes no time to swap in/out the music. Absolutely loving the ability to do this.

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

He's upfront with the price so you can pay it or not.

Quoted from PoMC:

Look, I’m totally fine with people getting paid for their work. This stuff takes a lot of time, and it takes much longer on Spike games. I’ve got nothing against it.

The thing I don’t like is that the price can’t just be said here. It sounds like the quote for it varies depending on... I don’t know what. And it sounds different for different people. It should be pretty easy for him to just say the price here. When people don’t or won’t, it always feels like someone is hiding something.

#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Maybe we can buy a copy from wtatumjr a bit cheaper lol. I guess you can't argue it is copyright given it using copyright material? I plan to work on the Pinball Browser videos down the road. Got too much on the go for now with Pinsound orchestrations for GnR, Tommy and Dr. Who (which are all free by the way). If I am able to change out the videos, I will make the file available for free.

#3582 2 years ago

I'll let y'all know if it improves the game enough to make it worth the price, at least to a computer idiot that hasn't a clue how it's done.
Honestly, I do my pinball stuff for free. Here's one freebie I did for Mezel and it turned out great. DP lit targets:

PXL_20210812_175251372 (resized).jpgPXL_20210812_175251372 (resized).jpg
#3583 2 years ago

Price has gone down several times from my initial thoughts. Price has not gone up. Price decreases are a GOOD thing.

$150 shipped

Very fair price for a game changing mod. Any questions? PM me. I have many different versions and can also customize a version if you have an idea I can implement.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But Maiden and AS are totally different, so they’d sit nicely side by side even in a 2 pin collection.

AS has the classic Lonnie type ruleset … combo multipliers, shot multipliers. Stack a multiball with a mode and go for it.

Maiden has a more complex, deeper ruleset, but easy enough for even a newby to understand most of it.

I hear you. I suppose I should tell the rest of the story which is that my JP Premium should arrive soon. So maybe that will scratch my Elwin lots of shots / complex rule set itch

#3585 2 years ago

I just had a first ever. With great skill and more luck I hit a shot from the right flipper into the open Jacky box. The box immediately dumped the 3 balls onto the playfield while retaining my credits toward a real multiball. 'Wish I wasn't kidding about the "skill" but I suck at this

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$150 shipped

Very fair price for a game changing mod.

See, this is the right way to do it. And I agree, that does sound fair.

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I hear you. I suppose I should tell the rest of the story which is that my JP Premium should arrive soon. So maybe that will scratch my Elwin lots of shots / complex rule set itch

Nice.

The next game you need to buy is a tidy 77-85 Solid State game like Meteor or Paragon to complement all those shiny new things you have.

rd

#3588 2 years ago

Sorcerer, fantastic game and cheap and plentiful over there.

Multiball, ramp, speech and the best art package in the whole of pinball.

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

...and the best art package in the whole of pinball.

False.

Nitro Ground Shaker.

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

False.
Nitro Ground Shaker.

Haha … the Aerosmith owner thread dissolves into an 1977-1985 art debate! Love it!

For me, while Christensens NGS art is very cool, I’m more Sorcerer and Paragon.

Agree that Sorcerer is one of the best looking pins out there. Gameplay can be a bit blah if you’re a good player though, because you just want to spam the ramp and have never ending multiball and multipliers.

Mind you, a lot of 77-85 pins are “do The Thing well, over and over”. That’s why I like them.

rd

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

False.
Nitro Ground Shaker.

Quoted from rotordave:

Haha … the Aerosmith owner thread dissolves into an 1977-1985 art debate! Love it!
For me, while Christensens NGS art is very cool, I’m more Sorcerer and Paragon.
Agree that Sorcerer is one of the best looking pins out there. Gameplay can be a bit blah if you’re a good player though, because you just want to spam the ramp and have never ending multiball and multipliers.
Mind you, a lot of 77-85 pins are “do The Thing well, over and over”. That’s why I like them.
rd

Sorry, derailing is a bad habit i've carried around for twenty years.

You're right about easy for a good player, but i'm far from that.

Wait till you see my transit wrapped in Sorcerer. It's the pinnacle for me, the 80's science fantasy art. It's when i started getting my tattoos and it really resonates. Wish you could still buy Tracks magazine, Captain Goodvibes pinball, yes please.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I agree. See no need to change it.

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree. See no need to change it.

Yep. Just love the animations on Dude Looks Like a Lady.

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Same. Does it give you a lady if you complete your shots faster? Seems that way to me but could just be random.

#3595 2 years ago

For your viewing pleasure. Versions of my code updates that failed due to CPU/GPU limitations. Tell you what, this was not a quick and easy project. But fun for me.

I wish I could've perfected the "Rock Band" Aerosmith videos because I like the concept of keeping all animations, but updating them. Nope. The system does not like those videos not matter how I rendered or converted them. Same Old Song & Dance and Rats in the Cellar love to choke and stutter because of all the animated overlays too. Back In the Saddle was similar but I found a workaround for it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V6R3G1Law4g4TTxt5

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I’m pretty sure one of those “dudes” is Jack Danger.

#3597 2 years ago

Sorry, don't know who that is.

#3598 2 years ago

Did Jack Danger work on some of the animations on this? I know he has a secret code on some machines and used to be an animator.

#3599 2 years ago