20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 82.
#3451 2 years ago

Does anyone remember the guy selling the kits to update the songs on Aerosmith? Thanks in advance

#3452 2 years ago

Ok Dave H.First time,that is tru.I dont need to sell the topper.But i was think If anywone want a topper.Not many for sale.300-400 too low.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Does anyone remember the guy selling the kits to update the songs on Aerosmith? Thanks in advance

I have many different versions I've made and can custom make them too. Message me if you're interested.

One of these days I'll make available the music videos and concert footage code too.

#3454 2 years ago

Any Aerosmith owners interested in original framed art from Dirty Donny? This is an ink on paper used for the actual Aerosmith pinball machine. Donny explained that just before the art was approved for production, Joe Perry wanted more cigarette butts and playing cards. Donny drew up these final details on paper, scanned them in, laid them down and the art was approved.

Its hanging at my gallery. I can take more pictures if you are interested.

IMG_20210619_161227_811 (resized).jpgIMG_20210619_161227_811 (resized).jpg
#3455 2 years ago

Toybox lock launches the ball and then won't load another ball.
Releases from the box.

I re-seated my connections today.
Anyone else have or had this issue?

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Toybox lock launches the ball and then won't load another ball.
Releases from the box.
I re-seated my connections today.
Anyone else have or had this issue?

Check your trough optos.

#3457 2 years ago

Only mod I really care to spend money on.
FAEE7886-A173-4FE9-BE46-7203EB775569 (resized).jpegFAEE7886-A173-4FE9-BE46-7203EB775569 (resized).jpeg

B907D0CC-9F00-4210-B8A2-34BB02F4EF1D (resized).jpegB907D0CC-9F00-4210-B8A2-34BB02F4EF1D (resized).jpeg
#3458 2 years ago

I love these DD blades.

257DFF21-A0D0-4118-8B5E-B40913C1108C (resized).jpeg257DFF21-A0D0-4118-8B5E-B40913C1108C (resized).jpegC0472299-B92A-4EFD-B72C-84B6A3EC0A8F (resized).jpegC0472299-B92A-4EFD-B72C-84B6A3EC0A8F (resized).jpegC9EC8C6C-5879-44AF-B214-E40D5CF8D03A (resized).jpegC9EC8C6C-5879-44AF-B214-E40D5CF8D03A (resized).jpeg
#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love these DD blades.

Me too. Probably the best stern art blades.

But then again, the DD art on the whole game is so good, that more of it is just better

#3460 2 years ago

My wife not a fan of the stern art blades.

#3461 2 years ago

Mine either, she likes tilt, she got tilt.

#3462 2 years ago

I doubt my wife will ever notice that I added the Dirty Donny blades. I guess that’s one benefit of having a totally disinterested spouse.

#3463 2 years ago

What’s the overall take on this game? I just got a Star Wars a few months ago. Interest is already slipping. There is an Aerosmith available in my area. I’d either need to sell SW or sell a couple others to get it but questioning its lasting power. I’ve been wanting a music pin for a while. Not sure this is it.

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I doubt my wife will ever notice that I added the Dirty Donny blades. I guess that’s one benefit of having a totally disinterested spouse.

I had Black Knight once, after having it about 3 weeks wife came in room and noticed it and asked; So when did you get that? So Yes I know disinterested. Were married.!

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What’s the overall take on this game? I just got a Star Wars a few months ago. Interest is already slipping. There is an Aerosmith available in my area. I’d either need to sell SW or sell a couple others to get it but questioning its lasting power. I’ve been wanting a music pin for a while. Not sure this is it.

If you like Aerosmith music it's good. Toy box is a neat toy with up to 6 ball multiball, Love in an elevator mb is fun too. It's a good shooter going to keep mine since I traded Guardians.

#3466 2 years ago

I love the machine. Pro is the best model i think. Not a big fan of their music, but can't stand GnR and enjoy that machine too.

I like Aerosmith better. Tommy is a great Music pin too, still getting in trouble from my players for selling it.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What’s the overall take on this game?

I really like it but I am a fan of the band. Other non-music things...

- It shoots really well. Maybe not Richie levels of flow, but very smooth.

- The rules are relatively simple. People can walk up and understand it pretty easily.

- The toybox is a great playfield toy with a good risk/reward impact on the game

- The art is really good

#3468 2 years ago

Good post, the toybox double or nothing is a beauty. Seeing six balls spill out of the box and flow down the playfield at once is the only pinball i know to do this and it's spectacular
It's true risk/reward to. Double or nothing.

In comp here we are only allowed to plunge extra balls, no flipping after plunge. I had 5 balls locked on last ball and lost the ball. Plunging extra ball and it came out of the pops and into the lock.

5 ball multi with ball save and not allowed to flip, it added a stack of excitement and i missed catching the win by a few thousand. Needless to say i was the victim of much disparagement and sledging, the main focus of comp here.

#3469 2 years ago

The risk/reward is great, but it’s just a damned fun pin. I had mine on location for the last 4 months that our local arcade was open, and it was the top earner, ahead of a bunch of other newer Sterns. I played it almost every day for about year and I never got tired of it. I thought Jacky’s voice would get old, but I love the little smart-ass now. “Those things at the bottom are called FLIPPERS!”.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had Black Knight once, after having it about 3 weeks wife came in room and noticed it and asked; So when did you get that? So Yes I know disinterested. Were married.!

I did a temp trade with a friend (my Congo for his TWD), and about a month later I decided to buy TWD. I told my wife and she said “When are you gonna pick it up?” “Uh, it’s been here for a month, you didn’t notice it?” I’m letting my friend keep Congo for a few more months. Definitely not selling that, it’s good temp trade bait!

#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seeing six balls spill out of the box and flow down the playfield at once is the only pinball i know to do this and it's spectacular

Stern Indians Jones when it dumps out the Ark.

Quoted from Pauz21:

What’s the overall take on this game?

It’s a hidden gem. As others have said, as long as you like the music, it’s an awesome game. Fun to shoot, and that multiball is a blast. I still giggle at loading the toy box, it’s a wonderful simple, yet well executed mech.

My only real knock on the game is that I’m always trying to start Sweet Emotion going into Toy Box. It’s just to valuable. So some of the lesser songs never really get picked unless I’m having a fantastic game.

#3472 2 years ago

Not any game is made for everyone but I think this one was made for me. I bought it new 5 years ago and it'll never leave. I love the multiballs choice - go with the 3 balls or hold out for 4,5,6. Complete each song or leave some songs partially done to speed towards final tour and the bonus it gives. If you don't love this game maybe set it to 4 or 5 balls and try it before you get rid of it. This game is underated IMO.

#3473 2 years ago

2 people have told me that they didn’t like AS until they played mine, with the 10” woofer. Good sound definitely makes a difference in this pin. Some day I’ll try PinWoofer! I just to sell some stuff first.

#3474 2 years ago

A subwoofer makes a big difference to any pin. Pinnovators has a splitter where you can put 4 or so pins on one subwoofer.

#3475 2 years ago

I took off the trough optos and cleaned them.
Seems to have my issue with the toy box not loading after lock fixed.
Thanks for the input and help.

#3476 2 years ago

Great

#3477 2 years ago

Any tips for rejects on elevator on a pro? If I hit solid it will often bounce right back out the top.

#3478 2 years ago

Right flipper to the elevator
Happens to me too.
Sometimes it's just too fast.

#3479 2 years ago

I've never seen mine come out the top on rebound unless there's already a ball in the elevator . I'd make sure there's not a raised lip or something launching the ball at the VUK or the
back board thingy might need to be bent so it faces down more.

#3480 2 years ago

Playing WhoDeys old Aerosmith. His GC score. I don’t think I’ll come close ever.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Playing WhoDeys old Aerosmith. His GC score. I don’t think I’ll come close ever.
[quoted image]

Keep the faith! That’s one GC I wouldn’t mind holding.

#3482 2 years ago

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

#3483 2 years ago

Mine goes to the left flipper.

#3484 2 years ago

yeah should be left flipper.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Where is the elevator supposed to deliver the ball to on a Pro? Mine is SDTM 90% of the time (which I don’t really mine because of the ball saver, but does seem right…)

Adjust the VUK power until it delivers to the right spot most of the time. Mine still goes SDTM but only about 5 to 10 percent of the time.

#3486 2 years ago

Oh yeah, I once adjusted it so it would dribble down to the
right flipper but then if you got 2 balls at a time in the elevator, like in multiballs, there's not enough power to eject either ball so stay with targeting the left flipper

#3487 2 years ago

Trough optos only fixed the toybox not spitting put a ball after lock for one or two games.
Then back to not responding and dumping the box.
Game is on the fast track to be going in for service now.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Adjust the VUK power until it delivers to the right spot most of the time. Mine still goes SDTM but only about 5 to 10 percent of the time.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Oh yeah, I once adjusted it so it would dribble down to the
right flipper but then if you got 2 balls at a time in the elevator, like in multiballs, there's not enough power to eject either ball so stay with targeting the left flipper

So is there any physical adjustment to make as well? Can the scoop be pointed left/right a little bit?

#3489 2 years ago

No, just VUK power. Set it very low and it will go to right flipper but not recommended.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

So is there any physical adjustment to make as well? Can the scoop be pointed left/right a little bit?

Yes, you can bend the scoop to aim the ball. Small changes are all that’s needed.

#3491 2 years ago

I would have totally checked the vuk plunger tip.
Wouldn't be surprised if there was some funky uneven wear or worn down.
It does get used quite a bit.
Had a wear issue on high speed kickback return back in the day.

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes, you can bend the scoop to aim the ball. Small changes are all that’s needed.

Thanks. I went to the elevator scoop…and it’s very tight in there! Any tips? I went so far as to try and remove the elevator but it seems to be glued to the plastic below it.

#3493 2 years ago

I've seen a couple of posts toying with how to change the music (tbh, I don't mind the music, and it fits with the themes etc.), but I would be interested if anyone know how to change the videos! It's the only area I feel that let's the game down. Live footage or promo footage would be soo-oo much better.
Any ideas or pointers greatfully received

#3494 2 years ago

Never had a problem with the songs (70s vs newer tracks) or animations on this game - find them unique and a good fit with the artwork.
Pinside had this one wrong again imho.

#3495 2 years ago

Would not touch a thing!

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Never had a problem with the songs (70s vs newer tracks) or animations on this game - find them unique and a good fit with the artwork.
Pinside had this one wrong again imho.

He’s talking about the cartoon video. Switching to real videos is what’s needed. WhiskeyTango started to do it and gave it out but he ran into lip sync issues. I still use his cause it’s so nice.

#3497 2 years ago

I think the LCD graphics are awesome for Aerosmith. It would seem weird with anything else, to me anyway.

#3498 2 years ago

I streamed one version of my custom video software mod on the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group last night.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I streamed one version of my custom video software mod on the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group last night.

Do you have a link so I can view it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/70?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.