IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_182538 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 82.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

I agree everyone has their own opinion but the LE not only plays great but your right it's absolutely a beautiful machine..art ..etc..definitely in the top 5 as far as art goes..it's stunning ...but nothing wrong with the pro either....I like the pro...I love the LE..

What about premium? We like ours. The extra accomplishments that the upper playfield brings adds to the game.

#3352 2 years ago

... tanx all for the feedback

#3353 2 years ago

I’ve had my Aerosmith Pro on location for about 3 months, and it’s got a peculiar problem. Sometimes (always?) during Toys in the Attic multiball, a ball will stop in the VUK that feeds the box. After a while, the game shows an error:

“Operator Alert - Right Eject Device Malfunction”

Eventually the game dumps whatever balls are in the toy box, and kicks out the ball from the VUK slot.

I’ve checked and rechecked the switch for the VUK, and it’s fine. I wonder if the real problem is in the toy box, and the error message is itself in error? I’m going to go back on Saturday to spend more time under the hood. I just hoped this might be familiar to someone who’s had this issue. This ONLY happens during TITA MB. Thanks!

#3354 2 years ago

Just a wild guess here- The toy chest has to have a way of counting how many balls are in there. Maybe do a switch test and place balls one at a time in the toy box to see if each ball registers. If one ball is not being counted it could lock things up and make it go into ball search mode, hence the ball dump.

#3355 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just a wild guess here- The toy chest has to have a way of counting how many balls are in there. Maybe do a switch test and place balls one at a time in the toy box to see if each ball registers. If one ball is not being counted it could lock things up and make it go into ball search mode, hence the ball dump.

Yeah, my first hunch with any Stern is that there’s an opto out, or just out of alignment. That tends to be the most common problem - easily fixed though.

#3356 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, my first hunch with any Stern is that there’s an opto out, or just out of alignment. That tends to be the most common problem - easily fixed though.

I’d reseat the trough optos first ... they’re always the first thing to try.

rd

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve had my Aerosmith Pro on location for about 3 months, and it’s got a peculiar problem. Sometimes (always?) during Toys in the Attic multiball, a ball will stop in the VUK that feeds the box. After a while, the game shows an error:
“Operator Alert - Right Eject Device Malfunction”
Eventually the game dumps whatever balls are in the toy box, and kicks out the ball from the VUK slot.
I’ve checked and rechecked the switch for the VUK, and it’s fine. I wonder if the real problem is in the toy box, and the error message is itself in error? I’m going to go back on Saturday to spend more time under the hood. I just hoped this might be familiar to someone who’s had this issue. This ONLY happens during TITA MB. Thanks!

Have you changed the toybox eject power in the settings? If you have, set it back to the default power. I noticed that error on my machine when I changed increased the toybox eject power. Set it back to default and no more errors.

1 month later
#3358 2 years ago

My Aerosmith is back home! It got 2,000 plays in its 4 months at the mall, so tonight I did a complete tear down, clean and wax. Aerosmith had the best earnings for its last month, with 9 other pins to play. Every time I went to visit, people were raving about how fun it was. I don’t think I’ll put a personal game on location again, but I’m glad a lot of people got to enjoy it.

While I had the ramps off I got some good pics of the back orbit. Love the rats on the raft.

14C7BA4A-E555-4831-83AA-BA9786753A25 (resized).jpeg14C7BA4A-E555-4831-83AA-BA9786753A25 (resized).jpeg24D163D7-92FA-48EA-8E9E-E3A14D3833A3 (resized).jpeg24D163D7-92FA-48EA-8E9E-E3A14D3833A3 (resized).jpeg2EFC85CC-E717-42A7-B6F4-BFB0D1980587 (resized).jpeg2EFC85CC-E717-42A7-B6F4-BFB0D1980587 (resized).jpegCF000E58-5573-4FC8-B02D-10980377F031 (resized).jpegCF000E58-5573-4FC8-B02D-10980377F031 (resized).jpeg
#3359 2 years ago

Here’s the game after a good bloody-knuckles cleaning.

38F82AE8-131E-485E-99BD-7152247D8857 (resized).jpeg38F82AE8-131E-485E-99BD-7152247D8857 (resized).jpegF91105D2-80DE-475A-9CB1-2730F7C2AD97 (resized).jpegF91105D2-80DE-475A-9CB1-2730F7C2AD97 (resized).jpeg
#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s the game after a good bloody-knuckles cleaning.[quoted image][quoted image]

That was a good earner. She cleaned up and looking good again. It is a good game, my eleven year old niece always tells me don't sale this one as she hugs it.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’d reseat the trough optos first ... they’re always the first thing to try.
rd

Quoted from PoMC:

Have you changed the toybox eject power in the settings? If you have, set it back to the default power. I noticed that error on my machine when I changed increased the toybox eject power. Set it back to default and no more errors.

I did both of these things and the problem seems to have gone away. Appreciate the help guys!
And why is this club thread so quiet? Everybody must be enjoying their games.

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That was a good earner. She cleaned up and looking good again. It is a good game, my eleven year old niece always tells me don't sale this one as she hugs it.

My mate is an operator and owns a Pro, i have an LE. His daughter is about 5 and the only pin she'll play is 'the lady one'.

Absolutely loves Aerosmith here or when his machine is at home.

#3363 2 years ago

Anyone else figured out adding the music videos to the display? No new updates in a while.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone else figured out adding the music videos to the display? No new updates in a while.

Yeah, I’ve done about 5 different versions for myself. Live music videos with the live song versions; live videos with album songs; music videos with album songs; Run DMC’s Walk This Way as an option for all versions.

My Aerosmith is at a friend’s because I have his Iron Maiden. I’ll revisit when I get it back and maybe make the versions available. I’ll also make a premium/LE version and will also add attract mode videos or photo slideshows.

#3365 2 years ago

If anyone has an Aerosmith LE for sale hit me up. It would be a birthday present. Thanks and I'll continue to Walk This Way!

#3366 2 years ago

Hi all, when looking through the audits in the Pro latest code (1.07), I see listings for 4 different types of combos. Does anyone know what the types are, or where I can find the explanation of the combos? Only Combo #1 has the number of combos that have been hit, 2,3, and 4 are at 0 on my game. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks! Also, does anyone have info on the Feature adjustments menu? I am finding very little info, other than the basic manual which doesn't really show the adjustments and/or audits menu options. I can find some manuals - Indiana Jones, for example, that explains the Feature Adjustments and Audits, but I can't seem to find anything for Aerosmith. Thanks again!

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from JimKaz:

Hi all, when looking through the audits in the Pro latest code (1.07), I see listings for 4 different types of combos. Does anyone know what the types are, or where I can find the explanation of the combos? Only Combo #1 has the number of combos that have been hit, 2,3, and 4 are at 0 on my game. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks! Also, does anyone have info on the Feature adjustments menu? I am finding very little info, other than the basic manual which doesn't really show the adjustments and/or audits menu options. I can find some manuals - Indiana Jones, for example, that explains the Feature Adjustments and Audits, but I can't seem to find anything for Aerosmith. Thanks again!

I’ll take a stab at the combos. For starters I would take the glass off, run a test, then check the audit.

Combo 1 - center ramp, right ramp

Combo 2 - center ramp, right orbit

Combo 3 - center ramp, left orbit

Combo 4 - center ramp, elevator?

As for the feature adjustments, ask away and maybe we can help explain them.

#3368 2 years ago

Where can I get the c r 232 battery as listed on page 22 under the components? It's for game clock between power cycles. Also how is it removed. I can't find it listed on any battery chart.

#3369 2 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Where can I get the c r 232 battery as listed on page 22 under the components? It's for game clock between power cycles. Also how is it removed. I can't find it listed on any battery chart.

https://data.energizer.com/PDFs/cr2320.pdf

Cr2320? Just don't touch both sides.

#3370 2 years ago

Thank you very much. Does it pull straight out or is there a release tab?

#3371 2 years ago

I have no idea, i just know there is such a thing as a 2320 and you said there is no such thing as a 232, so assumed it is a typo.

I'm sure you can figure out how to get the battery out of you have a look. The model of the battery will be written on it.

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have no idea, i just know there is such a thing as a 2320 and you said there is no such thing as a 232, so assumed it is a typo.
I'm sure you can figure out how to get the battery out of you have a look. The model of the battery will be written on it.

Thanks again. Manual doesn't even discuss how often it needs to be replaced or if power should be on as not to loose information or off. Must not be very important. Do you have any information on this ?

#3373 2 years ago

I have read that if you change the battery while the machines are on then it retains the info, but i am definitely not the correct person to give maintenance advice, i rarely work on my own machines.

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have read that if you change the battery while the machines are on then it retains the info, but i am definitely not the correct person to give maintenance advice, i rarely work on my own machines.

Thanks again, I am going to email Stern and get their response since they aren't taking any calls now.

#3375 2 years ago

Just found out from Stern the battery is a BR1225. The manual is a misprint.

Quoted from punkin:

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3376 2 years ago

Can someone post the jumper settings on the Spike2 board in the backbox? The ones I saw are all down and I want to make sure that is right.

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Can someone post the jumper settings on the Spike2 board in the backbox? The ones I saw are all down and I want to make sure that is right.

All down/off

#3378 2 years ago

Played a game this morning on Who-Dey’s old Aerosmith pro that I cherish. Game sits in my favorite room of house eventually move to gameroom next month.

80000B56-6F0F-4417-A195-D420E56D3FB8 (resized).jpeg80000B56-6F0F-4417-A195-D420E56D3FB8 (resized).jpeg
#3379 2 years ago

Hey guys new owner checking in! My version is old and I'm trying to dump it to a USB drive to update. I have an 8 gig totally empty fresh formatted FAT32 thumb drive and it's telling me there isn't enough room when I try to download or move it to the drive. I formatted the thumb drive as well a few times. Still says not enough room. I also tried 2 other 8 gig empty thumb drives I had laying around that are empty and formatted. I tried saving it locally then moving it to the thumb drive same issue. I also tried to download direct to the thumb drive fails @ 4.0 of 4.1 move. Anyone else run into this? Other than that so far I'm liking it! I know some had cabinet issues I'm wondering if I'm in that club as well. Any "must" do's?

51210672952_08fd37e194_o (resized).jpg51210672952_08fd37e194_o (resized).jpg51211710351_474c0344ca_o (resized).jpg51211710351_474c0344ca_o (resized).jpg51212017918_8124c3d759_o (resized).jpg51212017918_8124c3d759_o (resized).jpg51212650204_15ee1361dc_o (resized).jpg51212650204_15ee1361dc_o (resized).jpg
#3380 2 years ago

I have a Walking Dead Pro that I'm thinking about trading for a Aerosmith Pro or premium. Never played or seen a premium. I know The Walking Dead is a game that most people like so is this a fair even up trade? I know Aerosmith is newer. Opinions? Should I make the trade or should I just stick with what I have?

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

I have a Walking Dead Pro that I'm thinking about trading for a Aerosmith Pro or premium. Never played or seen a premium. I know The Walking Dead is a game that most people like so is this a fair even up trade? I know Aerosmith is newer. Opinions? Should I make the trade or should I just stick with what I have?

As much as I like Aerosmith - not a trade I would make.

TWD pro is one of the best.

But - end of the day, do what suits you best.

rd

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys new owner checking in! My version is old and I'm trying to dump it to a USB drive to update. I have an 8 gig totally empty fresh formatted FAT32 thumb drive and it's telling me there isn't enough room when I try to download or move it to the drive. I formatted the thumb drive as well a few times. Still says not enough room. I also tried 2 other 8 gig empty thumb drives I had laying around that are empty and formatted. I tried saving it locally then moving it to the thumb drive same issue. I also tried to download direct to the thumb drive fails @ 4.0 of 4.1 move. Anyone else run into this? Other than that so far I'm liking it! I know some had cabinet issues I'm wondering if I'm in that club as well. Any "must" do's?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to update mine. I don't remember what I was missing but it helped me getting it updated.

#3383 2 years ago

I already have a walking dead and I might take a trade on my aerosmith for a walking dead. And I like Aerosmith.

#3384 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You may need 16g thumb Drive.

#3385 2 years ago

Anyone out there have the modfather colour changing strip topper?
I don't have the space for it, but still want A topper.
Looks better than the other aftermarket (imo).

Would like some feedback before I buy.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks I'll have to dig around for a larger one and try that. Insane how not that long ago a 1 gig thumb drive was huge!

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Well dug around found a 32 gig and that did the trick. Crazy that 4 gig file opens up more then 8 gigs! Thank god for the "thumb drive drawer"

#3388 2 years ago

Insane how not that long ago a 1 gig thumb drive was huge!

Yes and I paid $79.99 for a 1 gig once.

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes and I paid $79.99 for a 1 gig once.

Oh yea I remember those days! So it turns out that drive I found is'nt FAT32 and the other one I did find that's a 32 gig and is Fat32 it still says not enough space. Really weird. I just ordered 2 fresh 16 gig Fat32 thumb drives from Amazon. Hopefully that does the trick! I wonder if you can only use a certain size drive. I guess we'll see!

#3390 2 years ago

I bought the color changing Topper from Modfather and would highly recommend it - well worth the money in my opinion.

#3391 2 years ago

Oh yea I remember those days! So it turns out that drive I found is'nt FAT32 and the other one I did find that's a 32 gig and is Fat32 it still says not enough space. Really weird. I just ordered 2 fresh 16 gig Fat32 thumb drives from Amazon. Hopefully that does the trick! I wonder if you can only use a certain size drive. I guess we'll see!

You did watch the video and unzip the file. You should have two files to load to Thumb Drive.
Something not adding up.

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

50/50. I've had both. I prefer Aerosmith, but the pros are about even . If your tired of twd, I say go for the trade.

I'd probably go pro on AS, upper pf nice on premium, but not worth the $

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You did watch the video and unzip the file. You should have two files to load to Thumb Drive.
Something not adding up.

yea it's really strange. I can't even get them on the thumb drive. I'll have those new 16 gig drives here tomorrow so hopefully that fixes the issue!

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Something not adding up.

I figured it out. That video isn't clear at all not well made. He never says to "unzip" onto the thumb drive! He just says "click on the zip file" Proper thing to say would be to simply extract the zipped files to an empty thumb drive. That's what I get for not reading the actual instructions from Stern and following a youtube video! The reason it was saying my thumb drive didn't have enough room is because the 4 gig can't go onto a FAT32 thumb drive zipped. Either way all good now I have them on my 8 gig thumb drive and I'll finally update it tomorrow!

#3395 2 years ago

Spose they figure most people who can use a computer know that.

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Spose they figure most people who can use a computer know that.

Not really some systems use zip files.

#3397 2 years ago

What are your Aerosmith (Pro) playing strategies?

Here's a few of mine...

- Always have at least one lit toybox lock to take advantage of any balls that bounce in randomly
- Next shot to hit is crank it up
- If I have a lit toybox lock and the ball is in the elevator, let it quickly drain and do a soft plunge into the backdoor of the lock (before the autoplunge can fire)

I've looked at pinwiki & tilt forums but looking for more

#3398 2 years ago

My wife and I play whatever mode comes up to begin.
Take multiball if you have plenty of mode time.
Easier to finish a mode with 3+ balls trying to hit the required spot.
The risk of 6 ball is well worth it.
None of my high scores were done without it.

Lock and lost ball can be your friend as it empties the toy box to look.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What are your Aerosmith (Pro) playing strategies?
Here's a few of mine...
- Always have at least one lit toybox lock to take advantage of any balls that bounce in randomly
- Next shot to hit is crank it up
- If I have a lit toybox lock and the ball is in the elevator, let it quickly drain and do a soft plunge into the backdoor of the lock (before the autoplunge can fire)
I've looked at pinwiki & tilt forums but looking for more

Remove the post between the pop bumpers.

#3400 2 years ago

Well that made a difference!

51218280176_04c9024604_b (resized).jpg51218280176_04c9024604_b (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 4,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.